q1-61-Tri

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

For RR quests, look at what Scummy had planned originally [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=16891]here[/url]
And the RR quest thread [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17358]here[/url]
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

So everyone else is safe?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Don't kill anybody mentioned in either of the quest plan lists here. :)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay. The victims are going to be Verana and Arthal Eindari, and Dilnar Llenim.

Those three look clean, but if there are any problems with this, post here.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Okay, I'm going to go with: Marcus (or whoever it is) agrees, but only out of his desire to appease Ratagos.
Ratagos makes a statement in TT6 rather than a proposition. Marcus is as powerless to challenge Ratagos' brow beating as Ratagos is to enforce his "edict". To "accept" or "not accept" Ratagos' statement is an inappropriate response. Marcus should courteously thank the PC for delivering the message, but should certainly not let on to his intentions or feelings about it (choosing either of the above paints him into a corner in any future negotiations with the Temple, and Marcus should recognize this and remain silent). On the other side of the issue Ratagos is not expecting a response from Marcus, as he sees himself as delivering an edict and dictating the "way of things" regardless of the validity of such feelings.

-Starcrunch
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, all quests are now at least finished. In depth testing on my end is about to begin, and should last a few days more.

Do you want me to upload my current version now, (seeing as it'll take a lot of testing on this one: many scenarios etc., and there may be some people willing to help test) or just wait till I'm done?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I need a syntax check on this line:

"TR_m1_Ratagos.set PTCommonersRewardCount to ( PTCommonersRewardCount + 1 )"

For some reason, it returns massive errors about how PTCommonersRewardCount could not be found. It clearly does exist in Ratagos' script (which is where all these quest variables are stored: if I could be allowed to create ten or so globals for this questline's counts, then I'd be much obliged, and this problem would probably be solved) but I get these errors. I have even copied the variable's name directly from R's script to the dialogue result box and I still get problems.

Any hope of a simple fix? If not, I may need to 'go global'.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

You can't set locals in this manner. Use a global, or set the variable locally and have ratagos's script detect it. you may also try the following (but it probably won't work):

Code: Select all

set TR_m1_Ratagos.PTCommonersRewardCount to ( TR_m1_Ratagos.PTCommonersRewardCount + 1 )
The "pointer" goes with the variable; the Set function should never have an affix of any kind. I think it would be really best if you use a global in this instance or use the trick I mentioned before; giving Ratagos an item token every time the PC converts a heathen(or speaks to one as the case may be :P ); the Ratagos's script can count the number of tokens and set a local variable on Ratagos which can be used in dialog.

-Starcrunch
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I'll probably go with a bunch of globals, it will mean less reworking of tons of dialogue for me. :P

If this is okay, I will need to create seven new globals. Is that acceptable?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Right, this is now finished up (as far as I'm aware :P)

I've finished some fairly concise testing, so am uploading the 'finished' product. Currently I am using the global method as described in previous posts: if that's a problem, say so ASAP.

Finally, all testing was done prior to a TESAME cleansing, which have (once) in the past caused problems for me, so new bugs may turn up. But that's what testers and reviewers are for. :)

Here is the list of 'stuff'
  • ;Things to Place:
    ;TR_m1_q_TTShrine1 outside Dadadrome (27, 9(, on the 'patch' of different textured ground
    ;" " Shrine2 on the Isle of Arches (32, 20) pretty much directly under the view when you double-click to the cell
    ;" " Shrine3 and TR_m1_q_ShrineBandit at Aegondo Point, by the camp, Shrine with Almalexia facing forwards, to right of chest
    ;TR_m1_q_YishiniVampDead in (33, 9) at southeast most corner, on road to Boethia Shrine
    ;TR_m1_q_MorvinGirith in (27, 9), near shrine (so that if you were trying to get to the shrine, he couldn't be avoided)
    ;TR_m1_q_TT_AoSW somewhere in Gah Sadrith, Tel Darys: Eldale's Chambers
    ;TR_m1_w_Reaper in Dadadrome, in place of the firebite dagger at the bottom of the dungeon there.
    ;TR_m1_q_Arthal, Dilnar and VeranaVamps next to their respective commoner in Ranyon-ruhn
    ;
    ;Things to Do:
    ;Change name of Cell (32, 20) to "Isle of Arches" (so it can be map-marked)
One thing I would like testers to keep a keen eye out for is the directions I give. I sometimes stupidly get east and west mixed up, and I don't want one of my quests to be the new House Redoran guar farm!

Final note, kudos to whoever designed the Isle of Arches. It's an absolute gem! I really love the place, and am glad I was able to give people a reason to go there. :)
Attachments
TR_q1_61_Tri.esp
Version 1 of Tribunal Temple Questline
(144.79 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Moving to review forum for merging.
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Merged
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
theviking
Developer Emeritus