i2-342-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i2-342-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i2-342-Ind (#1228)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_2-26-Ind (#89)
Claimed by: Gnomey
Files: TR_i2-342-Ind_Gnomey_1.esp; TR_i2-342-Ind_Gnomey_2.esp; TR_i2-342-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i2-342-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.rar

---

Cave contaning one of the larger skooma labs on the mainland. Make it hard to notice the back part of the cave, which is where the lab is located. This claim is not a mine.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Fresh batch of fillers, get 'em while they're hot!
xeth-ban
Developer

Post by xeth-ban »

Im planning on having most of the cave be quite average looking, you know to hide the fact that the place is a skooma lab.

In the skooma lab itself there will be tables, probably the DE_p table or the DE_EX table.
On these tables will be moon sugar, probably laying on paper, with various empty and filled skooma bottles placed around, there will also be a number of alchemical stuff around, as im guessing thats needed for the refinement of moon sugar. Oh and there will of course be some bags with moon sugar laying around to.

Possibly also a slave pen, to house slaves they test the skooma on.(im not placing the NPC's, i know)

There will also be basic things needed to live somewhere, beds/bedrolls/hamocks, food etc.

If there is something else i should know about a skooma lab please tell.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant
xeth-ban
Developer

Post by xeth-ban »

Ok, thought i would post a screenshot/screenshots of how the first room looks(and how most of the un-hidden rooms will kinda look)
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It looks good, xeth. Did you change the colour of the lavacave textures? It looks like a bit of red to me. The first room looks very well detailled.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
xeth-ban
Developer

Post by xeth-ban »

meh, im using the mudcave tileset, seemed to me like the most fitting tileset for this job
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Texture replacers are evil.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
xeth-ban
Developer

Post by xeth-ban »

Ugh, im sorry for this, but i think i have to give up this claim. I never should have picked it in the first place, as i have never actually built a natural cave before.

If someone, for some reason would want to continue where i left of with this; here is a download link to the esp http://www.box.net/shared/k2yh1blmlq
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Revoked by Request. WIP uploaded to the top, use it if you wish.
Ali Babarian
Developer

Post by Ali Babarian »

I would like to claim this as have already laid out the groundwork in the CS for what it should look like.

It will have a steep downwards tunnel from the entrance, which opens into a four way tunnel, all the ways go round in circles and loops and meet each other, and one of them leads to a room full of rocks, the only way to get past the rocks is a tiny tunnel under them, from then on there is a skooma lab, with alchemy equipment and tables on the lower level, and skooma and moonsugar stores on the upper level.

Yes, I know I already have 1 claimed, and 1 pending, but I prefinished the pending one and the claimed is being reviewed ATM, and I have nothing to do right now!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granted
Ali Babarian
Developer

Post by Ali Babarian »

Rock Detailing Progress: 70%
Plant Detailing Progress: 0%
Structure Detailing Progress: 0%
Final Detailing Progress: 0%

PROGRESS REPORTS

This one is going to be pretty big, 11 rooms!

If I was going to add a slave pen, would I make the key, then someone else give the slaves their dialogue, or would someone else make the key?
Last edited by Ali Babarian on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Disapproved Claims: 2
Approved Claims: 0
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

You can make the key, so you can put it on a table somewhere. Good luck! Caves can be tricky.

Ali Babarian
Developer

Post by Ali Babarian »

Cave layout has been "rockified", all left to do is plants, structures, and items, and containers!

UPDATE: Done the plants, now onto the structures, these are HARD to place, since I have to worry about bleeding now aswell as floating. I have let thing bleed a little bit into the floor when absolutly nescessary, explained by the fact that the floor of a Mud Cave is soft.
Attachments
Screenshot of WIP
Screenshot of WIP
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Keep going, Ali. This is looking good.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

if Ali don't log in by friday, I am revoking this.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Sorry for the bump (in a claim that's not even mine), but how's this going? I need to merge this with my Map 2 Detailing Claim before I submit it.

Looks good though.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Ali, seeing as you logged in but didn't post I will not revoke this straight out, however if you don't post here by friday I am revoking this.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Ali Babarian
Developer

Post by Ali Babarian »

Still working on it... do you want me to submit the WIP? Or shall I finish it myself, even though my progress has slowed considerably?
Ali Babarian
Developer

Post by Ali Babarian »

How big does my secret passageway have to be?

a) as tall as for an Altmer
b) as tall as for a Height 2.00 race?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

as long as an altmer can fit, then that should be fine.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

you still around Ali? If you don't post here for a week I will revoke this (unless I forget or something)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Revoking due to absence, feel free to reclaim this.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Back when this claim was still claimed by another modder, I had been inspired to try my hand at it. I didn't finish it, as I was sidetracked, but I think I might do so now. I only hope that I'll get this done more efficiently than my past claims. :wink:
Attachments
Here's a plan I made for it. I think that I kept to it.
Here's a plan I made for it. I think that I kept to it.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting, happy modding.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

No progress yet, the fan on my computer broke. Also, my old file got corrupted, but I think that all I did was finish the shell, which can be re-done quickly enough. Now that the computer works again, I'll try and make up for the delay.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Drat! With school starting etc., I completely forgot about this claim. I'll try and speed up progress, but at least I was able to get a lot of work done before school started. I have the shell done, a lot of the rocks etc., platforms and stairs, and I linked the three cells. It's three cells, which would probably be named something like ______, (cave name. This is the entrace, and should of course not be called anything like "Skooma Lab"), Lab Storage and the Skooma Lab itself.
Ali Babarian
Developer

Post by Ali Babarian »

Gnomey, do you want the WIP, as it is quite large (10+ rooms), and mostly decorated corridor. Sorry I couldn't finish the claim.

I'll upload the .esp anyway, just incase you want to use any of the the cave from it!
Attachments
TR_i2-342.esp
Feel free to use this
(32.1 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Thanks for your offer. I liked what you did with the lab, but as I already had a plan for it I'll make a new interior instead. I hope you don't mind. :)

As for the interior, I can now get started on detailing, which in this case should take a while. I keep forgetting to update the claim so that the interiors have the right name, but I'll make sure to do that before I submit it. Due to school, progress will be rather slow, but I'll try and get it done as soon as possible.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Ok, it's almost done. There are just two problems: I forgot to add the Northmarker and I somehow got the name of the interiors wrong, they currently have the prefix "TR_i2_378_Tel". :oops: So the plugin above is not the final version.

Anyway, I thought I might as well already make my big post, as those two errors are the only things that need fixing.

NPCs:

So far, twenty seems like the right number.

5 Common Bandits: 1 Lookout at the entrance, 2 At their spots, 1 Watching slavepen/storage, who should have the keys, 2 In the lab, one pacing between the tables and the other along the scaffolds by the door, supervising the slave.

2 Other Bandits: 1 Mage-Bandit watching the lab from the walkway on the far side, 1 Bandit Leader, in his office in the lab, who also has the keys.

13 Or More Slaves: 1 Sugar-Tooth, an old Khajiit who stands ready to sample the product to the empty side of the leader's desk in the office, 2 Khajiit in the Slave Pen, 7 In the lab itself, standing by the tables or testing the substances, which would be done by Khajiit and 2 Wandering around the lab.

There should also be one creature in the den. Probably not more, as the creatures shouldn't draw too much attention to themselves, and the den is still unknown to the smugglers.

There are also five new objects: TR_i2_378_Tel_Slave Key - Key to the slave bracers and pen, TR_i2_378_Tel_Key - Key to the storage, lab (though the lab will be unlocked), and any other communal thing that needs a key, TR_i2_378_Tel_Skooma - Crate with 20 random skooma, TR_i2_378_Tel_MarshM&MS - A pot with one portion marshmerrow, ten portions moonsugar, TR_i2_378_Tel_Boiling MS - A pot with ten moonsugar.

Here are some other things that I noted down:

Most of the slaves should be Argonian, for two related reasons: Argonians aren't all kleptomaniacs like the Khajiit and most aren't addicted to Moon Sugar

A lot of things happen at the mine, but the leader wisely doesn't put much to paper to keep proof at a minimum, and instead keeps a list of events in his mind. First, one of the Smugglers became a skooma addict. He took some skooma, was found out, and has been trying to get rid of it since. Meanwhile, some more Moon Sugar disappeared. This was caused by a Khajiit slave who was duly punished before the other slaves, despite his shouting that he was innocent. He was actually half telling the truth, as most of those things were actually also stolen by the smuggler, and his trying to get rid of the habit wasn't working well enough for him to reveal his stash.

Another issue is the law. The lab was discovered by Imperial scouts, who initially assumed it to be a small Outlaw Camp and decided to dispatch it. The two or three soldiers where soon overwhelmed, however, and thrown into the general body-dump after being stripped of any useful items. A Legion troop is expected to come snooping around the area to find out about the missing scouts, so the lab is trying to get prepared for an onslaught.

A third issue is the disappearance of a Slave, who is assumed to have escaped. However, there is some talk about some unknown foe, as a smuggler had disappeared too a long while ago and has never been seen again. Both were, in fact, caused by the creature, who, unknown to the smugglers, built a den in a hidden part of the cave, also unknown to most of the smugglers. It has also caused some disappearances outside if the lab, which adds another layer of worry with the problems with the legion, who will probably blame the smugglers.

Finally, there were a few minor cave-ins by the plank bridge, knocking down both of the lamps. Due to the fire hazard, the lamps will not be re-lit until the area is re-enforced, so a crate of torches was placed on the other side of the door to the Skooma Lab.

I think that's everything. :D

Edit: One more thing, how can you find out the current position of the PC in-game? The current doormarker by the stone door in the cave interior gets my tester stuck in the ladder half the time, so I'll probably move it up a bit. When I did a bit of wild jumping between the cave-wall and a large rock, and fell through nothingness, I appeared on the ladder in a very good position. If I could find out what the position was, I could simply move the doormarker to that position.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Maybe I'm missing something, but how am I supposed to find out the exterior cell? It would be nice if someone could tell me where to look for the door. (And it would be even nicer if someone told me how I should set my Northmarker :P).
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It is in detailling claim 3 in 27,5 and the end of the river. As I remember correctly the entrance is to the north.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Just got back here. Thanks a lot. I actually was searching surprisingly close to the right area. :D Hopefully I'll be ready to upload the finished file tomorrow.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Ok, hopefully I won't forget anything: Most of my additions etc. have been listed in the large post above, so I'll only state a few thing. First of all, I renamed the five new objects to TR_i2-342-Ind_Slave Key, TR_i2-342-Ind_Key, TR_i2-342-Ind_Skooma, TR_i2-342-Ind_MarshM&MS, and TR_i2-342-Ind_Boiling MS. Second of all, I have made the alterations that I mentioned above.

Here are a few notes explaining certain things about the claim. First of all, I am almost certain that there will be errors. This is a very large interior, and so I couldn't get myself to be as careful in reviewing the objects I placed as I normally would be. Also, as I already mentioned, I was having a bit of trouble with the doormarker of the Stone Door going between TR_i2-342-Ind_Cave and TR_i2-342-Ind_Supply. At this point, though movement is still rather difficult, the player isn't really stuck. (I didn't need jump before I could move).

In the large room with four tunnels leading off of it, in the Skooma Lab, there are two lamps which are burned out. These still show a flame and, as they are at rather extreme angles, the flames don't burn upwards. I don't think that this is very noticable, though, so I left them in anyway. The broken weapon half of TR's Imperial Sword, which is normally in the pit, has a nasty habit of appearing in another part of the cave, but I think this only occurs in the CS. If this happens, just move it a bit and it will snap back to its old position.

The two keys aren't placed. These should be worn by the leader and, perhaps, the mage. The skooma lab is very large, with almost 450 objects. This didn't effect my computer much, but as I don't know the maximum ammount of objects allowed in an interior I kept it as it is. Finally, and most importantly, I made full use of the "mud" in mudcave. A lot of havy objects bleed into the floor. This saved me a lot of time, and I don't think that it's really a problem. If I'm wrong, though, either I or a reviewer will have to do a lot of work. :?

Anyway, that's all of it, I think. Actually I feel as though there were two things that I'm forgetting, but whatever. Reviewers, NPC makers etc. Should refer to my post above and the plan to the interior that I posted upon claiming.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Ok where to begin... There were lots of errors in this interior. I expected that all crates were bleeding as hell by gnomeys post above but actually they weren't placed so bad. The bones were, almost all were bleeding to much. I don't understand why people do this but i think people think caves are ashpits. Other errors I remember were the silverware and countless other small floaters and bleeders. Im really tired so i could have missed something.

Comments The cave was good. One concern I have is that the skooma lab isnt reallly hidden but then the opponents should be tough.

Rating 7
Attachments
TR_i2-342-Ind_Gnomey_2.esp
(54.97 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approved. (300 approved ints!)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

By the way, I might as well explain the bones. The ones in the pit I mainly placed as I did for three reasons: 1. the worn bones are an incomplete set, with only femurs, ribs and a skull (though the femur can also be used for the arm and leg bones) and it wouldn't make sense for the feet, hands, parts of the vertebral column etc. to go missing. 2. The container skeleton always looks strange to me when lying normally, as it seems to rest on points. The bad look is worse when the skeleton is on uneven ground. 3. The mudcave doesn't seem too solid and there are signs of water activity by the pit, so it makes sense that the old bodies would get buried by the wet mud.

As for the ones in the den, I figured that the animal would bury it's bones etc. like a dog. That along with the last reason I mentioned above made me place them like that. Not that I mind the change, though. I just felt that it really needed some explaining. :P And I hope the trays were fine, it was a bit akward placing something without a bottom to it...
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

As an archaeologist I know how hard it is to get through mud. So thats why I changed the objects from bleeding much to just bleeding.