Map 2 - Just for Kicks

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Map 2 - Just for Kicks

Post by Swiftoak »

Yeah, so I was kind of bored last night, so I recreated a new Map 2 ESP containing all the latest versions of all M2's detailing claims, with the exception of #8 which no WIP has been posted yet.

Since this is not an "official" internal beta and that not all the detailing claims are done, I just thought I would post this here for kicks. Do not use for any modding purposes.

Enjoy :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Well, I've just had a little bit of a play through map 2, and I must say there's some hugely impressive stuff here. My only question is, how do you get the border seams and texture differences between each map's 'border areas' fixed at the time of release?

Also, the area around cells "2-5", whatever that means, have a rather strange look on the mini-map, all being one big block of the same 'height colour'. Is it really that flat, or is there something weird going on?

EDIT: One pre-emptive bug report: I got this error message whilst wandering that prompted a CTD.

"Model Load Error: Meshes\TR_ex_Imp_Wall_Cr_01B.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR_ex_Imp_Wall_Cr_01B.nif.
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF."

I don't know where I found it, but it was pretty nasty.

Finally, Alt'Bosara is a veritable masterpiece. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Oops :o

That mesh error in Darconis is my fault. See in the earlier version of Map2, the palace was screwed up, so I replaced a few meshes. Don't worry, it will be fixed later. (Or you can go to my Detailing Claim 3 thread and download the missing mesh there, I posted it.)
-Hippocrates
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

That's fine.

Well, I've had more of a look around and I must say I am vastly impressed. I thought Map 1 was good, but I clearly hadn't seen even the start of TR's exteriorers' talents.

What is the process this thing will go through in the run up to the public beta? Seeing as I joined TR after the release of the current Map 1 beta, I have no idea how the process works. Could someone outline it to me?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Once the detailing claims are all finished they'll get merged together. I don't think we have to merge interiors because for the most part they've all been merged in the detailing claims. Once we have a finished map2 then we add NPCs and creatures. Then we release a non-quest beta, and it goes through beta testing. Then we start polishing the map (fixing bugs from the beta test) and quest building. Once the quests have been added we release another beta, and that goes through another round of testing. Once everything's been fixed and polished to TR standards it goes out as a final release.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

... and then we start all over on Map 3. :D
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

We start on Map 3 well before that. :)
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Sorry to come so late,
I have add the 8.

Well, it's far to be finished, just look the Mephalain mountains on the west.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

I just wanted to thank Sir Bloodthirsty Crustacean up there for his compliment on Alt'Bosara :)
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

so does this mean the Necrom temple dispute was resolved?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

No, I think that will be taken care of in the future.
-Hippocrates
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Just a couple comments along the lines of my last post:

Two of my interiors are missing from this version of map2.

The Mzankh ruin northeast of Darconis is not part of the file, though the exterior is still there, but modified to the point that it no longer matches my interior. I always made it a point to match my interiors to the exteriors, and took particular care with Mzankh due to the weird shape of the exterior. Now that exterior has changed making all that work kind of pointless. Why? Also, Mzankh was never properly linked (int to ext), but to have it be removed entirely... Well, I assume it's a mistake but even so.

The Sha'jiiv's Tower interior in what used to be called the 'valley of nerevar'. Thankfully the name of the valley has been fixed but the tower is now... gone. It's been replaced by a bland boring typical velothi tower interior which doesn't even match the weird orientation of the exterior (my int did). I'm sorry if I'm being difficult but... You have to admit in my position you'd be a little put off too. Both of these interiors were reviewed and approved and now they're not in the latest version of the map.
Claims completed:
Yashazmus, Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Sirrilas, Shrine of Mephala
Moriken, Abandoned Dunmer Stronghold
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Assorted other boring claims.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That bland Velothi tower is mine. :] I changed the wierd orientation when I had the exterior to detail so it fits properly. I also removed the name of the "Valley of Nerevar". The only reason it (sic: the name) was kept in the first place was because the original exterior modder had a whinge and nobody appears to have been bothered to change it later. As for why your interior wasn't kept for it, I don't know. I suspect the claim was lost during one of the server crashes a while back. Only the claims which were either merged into the maps or stored safely on one of the active modders computers could be saved.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Well the file's still in the finished claims forum.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12043

As is Mzankh

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12384
Claims completed:
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

I still have both on my computer as well but... they're dependant on the old oot master files which I kinda accidentally deleted... oops.

;)
Claims completed:
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Aaron, I worked on that, and I apologize greatly.

I recall adding a few towers and a bridge to make it more accessible. I didn't move around the pieces. Also, when the file was given to me, there was no interior linked so I assumed it hadn't been done yet. I'll go take a look and see what I can do.
-Hippocrates
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

anyone have any screenshots of the claims? i need them for a PR media release.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18611]Click[/url]

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18440]Click[/url]

Hope that's good enough :)
-Hippocrates
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

thanks very much, i couldnt rember if there was a thread for this alredy.

i also need some opinion, do you think we should do a PR post with updates on the progres of map2 and 3 on the BSF? PR for MW is not as high priority as it is for OB, but we have a lot of good stuff to show off.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Sure, the people at ESF were really curious of our mod in the little promotion thread.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I think it is a bit overdue for an update of Maps 2 and 3. Map 2 is coming along nicely, and Map 3 has Almalexia all but fully linked and finished.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

N, please wait a bit so I can fix Map 3, a village has gone missing and I am fixing that as I type. Also, about that thing you needed to talk to me about (important), just PM me. I won't be online during your hours until Saturday.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i wasent going to do it this very second anyhow, so no problems there. await a PM.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

I did a lot of pics of Map2, whenever i will be back home, i will send them (a week).
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

We can add the bit Nomadic just finished.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I recommend Tel Mothrivra :]
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Tel Mothrivra hasn't been detailed completely yet. :] You don't want people seeing your baby when it isn't 100%, do you?
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

It looks fine from a distance. :)

There's also that indoril fortress, Ayemar. Marog and Kemel Ze are a must see, and there's lots of fun stuff in the wilderness.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I had a little free time and with 4 NPC claims up and the rest of the detailling claims close to completion I thought it would be a good idea to update this. I also added my new maps to it so you can find the way and placed them in the bookstores and traders. To make it a little harder for you I only added them to stores that lie in the region the map is about (as in Darconis only has northwest maps). So southwest and northeast are a little harder to find. Have fun with it!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

New Version! This version has 2 claims with NPCs and dialogue. I must warn, the "little secret" topic is messed in this version, but that should be addressed soon.

Again, this is for kicks, so don't use this for modding ;)
-Hippocrates
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Hmmm... where do i find the 'real' merged version? Is your merged version similar?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Pretty much yeah. I would post in the official Map 2 Downloads thread, but I thought only Core members could do that. But if you want I can post an official alpha in the Map 2 Download thread.
-Hippocrates
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

I have no idea what the official version is these days... but talk to haplo or somebody to find out. NPC claims are underway, so there has to be another version somewhere. If there are two versions we don't want to get them confused.. but if there isn't, then we might as well use yours.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

The latest "official" alpha was version 0.22. It's the really old version. Even the detailing claims aren't there. If I was to post a new official alpha, that would be nice.
-Hippocrates
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The one listed is at the moment the latest 'official' map. The reason why it's so old is because first we were going to wait until all the detailing claims were complete to merge them and update, however then it would have been cutting them up again (with someone new doing it, too) for the NPCs and Dialogue to be done, so we decided to not take any steps backwards and simply wait. As soon as the Map 2 Detailing Claims (note: not NPC claims) are all finished, I will merge the latest claim .esps of each claim and upload that as the (WIP) latest Map 2, and once all Map 2 NPC claims are finished, I'll simply merge them all and replace the existing Map 2 with that product.

After that there's one thing I know of that needs fixing to make it roughly playable (have to fix the CTD error in the Alehouse in Darconis)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Ah. Thanks for the update. :)