New Armour

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

blindhamster

New Armour

Post by blindhamster »

I dont know what was decided on this so.... can someone tell me what was decided about the new Kight order armours? there is a link on the main page I think.
Let the snows fall deep, let the raindrive down, and the wind buffet my cloak. I care not, for I've a road worth walking!

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

There's a thread concerning this somewhere around here (in the models and creatures section, I think), and with all these models floating around on the web, we could just search and gather them, see which ones we like, and ask the individual modders for permission to use them.

In fact, I'm just working on something like this.

And as for the Knights, tghey WILL be part of TR, in fact they're already in Objects of Tamriel I think.

Oh, and I forgot, welcome back! :hug:
Last edited by Hermit on Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

lol, thanx for the info, just I saw those armours ages ago and really liked them :D and thanx
Let the snows fall deep, let the raindrive down, and the wind buffet my cloak. I care not, for I've a road worth walking!

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

We can't add any armours or such that doesn't make any sense with lore though. So there will be no "obsidian armour", "laser armour", "sulfur armour" etc, since they can't be fitted into the world ;)
blindhamster

Post by blindhamster »

lol Im not stupid and i didnt mention anything like that, I am big on sticking with the lore also, if you read my posts carefully I am talking about armour made for the individual knight orders in Tamriel.

-Drizzt Do'Urden
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

How about armor made from mithril or argonian silver or other materials mentioned in Tamrielic lore but aren't in Morrowind?
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Mithril I already have planned and I was thinking about some sort of scale armor that was mentioned in a book for the argonians.

Koth, obsidian armor or weapons would make sense, but Ebony already takes their place, since they are both black volcanic glass.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
ashlander

Post by ashlander »

i find it odd because ebony is a type of dark wood.but hey its just a game.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

where did you get that idea? go to ebony weapons in the item section of the elder scrolls codex. you'll get this: "Ebony weapons are made from a rare form of volcanic glass found almost exclusively in the buried deposits and surface lava flows of Vvardenfell's Red Mountain. 'Ebony' refers to the lustrous, black, glassy surface of ebony weapons." anyway, im looking forward to mithril armor and weapons... any great RPG has mithril.
SirLuthor

Post by SirLuthor »

But in the real world, ebony is wood.
ashlander

Post by ashlander »

yes thank you luthor.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

heh, guess i learned something today. still, i think mithril armor should be added. what do you think?
Skurvy

Post by Skurvy »

Ah yes, one of Bethsoft's more amusing mistakes :)

As for Mithril, i think that it is already being added (or at least planned, PM Eraser if you would like to do it, he runs the Objects of Tamriel)

Skurvy
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

It's not being worked on yet, but it is planned ;)

It will be like the mithril in daggerfall, not like the mithril from lotr or d&d
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."