i3-459-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-459-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-459-Ind (#1552)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-16-Ind (#120)
Claimed by: presh
Files: TR_i3-459-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-459-Ind_presh_1.esp; TR_i3-459-Ind_presh_1.rar; TR_i3-459-Ind_presh_2.esp; TR_i3-459-Ind_presh_2.rar

---

Almalexia

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3080/almalexiatowerar8.jpg
The windows are the same all the way 'round.

Tower guarding entrance to Almalexia. Kind of like baggage check & security at an airport.

Some tiny area somewhere in the interior should be haunted by spooks.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Unlocking, Have fun.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The description has been updated to something a bit more appealing.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

You might want to get rid of those earlier posts or else people are going to get confused.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

haunted? seriously? Vampire lair in almalexia? how about not.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

It used to be a vampire hideout long ago. Perhaps the high ordinators purged this place long ago. But, it shoudn't be haunted, because the guards in almalexia are/should be strong enough to deal with ghosts.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

how would it become one in the first place? the ordinators are no slouches.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

'cuz it was a ex-ordinator who got vampirized or whatever you call it like when the tower was undergoing renovation and killed a guard or two whatever before some saint or tribunal member helped squash it. Ordinators may not be slouches but they're not invincible. An ex-ordinator vampire who was a good ordinator would be hard to kill, especially, say, if this was his post, and he was the only one who was assigned here (home field advantage after all)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

yeah, because the indoril would TOTALLY give this huge ass tower to one person.

Please think up a better description as NO amount of undead would last more than an hour in almalexia without being pwnt.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

The Bethesdan precedent of [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:The_Thief]Golena Sadri[/url] show that Mournhold Ordinators can easily be pwnt, too. The Mournhold sewers are full of powerful undead (including liches).

It isn't too out of question to have some secret passage in the int leading to a vampire lair or something, IMO.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

It would be if this were a guard tower IMO.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Uh, Almalexia is the capital of Morrowind, it's a pretty well maintained place overall. Overt baddies would be easily found and killed. (So it doesn't make sense for the place to be taken over by monsters for a significant amount of time. The Indoril would consider it an insult to Almalexia to allow such a thing in her city) However, there are lots of other ways to incorporate such a thing. I would suggest that a decent section of the tower is locked because the captain is corrupt and is selling Indoril supplies and gear out of the city through contact with smugglers. (So there would be a link to the sewers, where the smugglers are getting the junk out of the city)
Plenty of such things are possible, though I must stress that they shouldn't be immediately evident. Any such things can be built into quests very nicely. (It really helps when locations are built with quests in mind)

PS: Shouldn't Almalexia have sewers?
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Ludovic wrote:PS: Shouldn't Almalexia have sewers?
*drags lud into a back alley and slits his throat*
*walks off as if nothing happened*

Seriously though. yeah, probably need to make that claim... *SIGH!*
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Almalexia sewers should be big under the city itself (Exactly like Mournhold's) but get smaller moving outwards and then decrease in size to become small cave-type thingies moving outwards. The entrances would be:
-Secret, under this tower
-One or two through the drains in the city
-Two or more in the countryside, through long cave systems. (To emerge from a cave and find that you had travelled half way across the country would be a great moment)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Should there be connections between Almalexia's sewers and Mournhold's sewers?

Argument for no:
-It would involve more changes to Beth cells.

Argument for yes:
-I don't see the goblin army having passed through Triffil Sandrith Plaza and the Godsreach before reaching the sewers.
-Likewise, the Dark Brotherhood needs a way to get out of Mournhold unnoticed. They can't just go to Effe-Tei and tell him, "Hello, I need to go to Vvardenfell to track down and kill the Nerevarine, can you teleport me, please?"
-Realistically, the sewage has to go somewhere, it can't be just bottled up under Mournhold.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I say the goblins caused a cave in somewhere in the system so we don't actually have to link them.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Ludovic wrote:Uh, Almalexia is the capital of Morrowind, it's a pretty well maintained place overall. Overt baddies would be easily found and killed. (So it doesn't make sense for the place to be taken over by monsters for a significant amount of time. The Indoril would consider it an insult to Almalexia to allow such a thing in her city) However, there are lots of other ways to incorporate such a thing. I would suggest that a decent section of the tower is locked because the captain is corrupt and is selling Indoril supplies and gear out of the city through contact with smugglers. (So there would be a link to the sewers, where the smugglers are getting the junk out of the city)
Plenty of such things are possible, though I must stress that they shouldn't be immediately evident. Any such things can be built into quests very nicely. (It really helps when locations are built with quests in mind)

PS: Shouldn't Almalexia have sewers?
Does Almalexia (city) has a thieves guild?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No. There is a large Morag Tong presence, and possibly some Camonna Tong contacts, but no thieves guild

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I made a TG affiliated pub somewhere. I think it was in the dodgy district.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Curse you. And if Lud weren't dead already in an alley I'd kill him myself. I'll go add some sewer entrances. or something

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

draw a picture when you do please... sigh... these even have a tileset, which means it probably won't be as awesome as the OE sewers...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Would someone update the description to include Lud's idea, if that is what is going to be used?
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

Strangely enough, the interior for tower to the immediate east of this tower is called TR_i3-14 West Guard Tower. It seems to fit the exterior well enough, but it lacks windows on the inside.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

So what is going on with this claim?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nothing. It's waiting to be claimed.

Harke the Apostle
Developer

The description is still bugging me, so I'll post a suggestion how this interior would work.

Why does it bug me? It has over twice the tiles Fort Frostmoth has, and is in a key strategic position at the city gate. No Indoril in their right mind would normally abandon such a place.

What I propose is making the stairway on the entrance side of the tower and to have the rest of the space of all the floors -excluding the top floor- behind locked doors. House Indoril has one guard patrolling the hallway and another 'on the look-out' on the top floor. (The guards sleep in the other tower).
The rest of the tower used to be barracks, like in the other tower, (lots of old furniture) but is now used for long-term storage of the more undesirable of House Indoril imperishables.

There should 6 floors, like in TR_i3-14 West Guard Tower(5 + top floor), and they should all be 6 x 6 in size.
The top should be accessible without entering the storage space, and the storage space floors might be internally linked by stairs.

Spooks are in the storage space, and the vampire-lair might be a bedroll and clutter behind an L-shaped stack of crates in a corner.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Fixed the description.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

no spooks, no vamps. The indoril would not tolerate things.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:no spooks, no vamps. The indoril would not tolerate things.
They would have to know they were there first. Do you know where everything in your attic is?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There are spooks. TR has to have quests you know.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Harke the Apostle wrote:Do you know where everything in your attic is?
lol yes, but I'm not a normal person. Bah fine, just remember that the indoril tend to use every part of the tower. so this spook will have to be locked in some backroom closet type thing.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Hi,

Things have freed up a bit, and I would like to claim this.

I have a plan - the building is essentially divided into two separate parts. I have read through the thread, and I really like the idea of the captain being underhanded - either smuggling weapons out or smuggling moon sugar into the city. this is what I propose:

Part 1
80% of first floor - Guard area, administration.
80% of second floor - mess hall, kitchen
60% of third floor - barracks
60% of fourth floor - offices, including captains office
50% of fifth floor - storage
100% of sixth floor - lookout, training area

Part 2
20% of first floor - some storage, entry to sewers
20% of second floor - storage, weapons or moon sugar, depending on feedback
40% of third floor - storage.
40% of fourth floor - Captains private area.
50% of fifth floor - this is an old storage area, only accessible from the second floor by a series of trapdoors, each one locked or hidden. Very difficult to get here, even the captains keeps it locked. Thus the spook could be in the top, or we could fit something else here.

Part two is only accessible through a hidden door at the back of the captains office - the troops do not know of it - perhaps they suspect something, but no evidence.

There are three stairwells, trapdoor series - one public from floor 1 to 6, one in part two the captains uses from floor 4 to 1, and an unused series from 2 up to 5.

Also, if the captain is running a fairly large operation, I could put some stuff in level 3 for henchmen, fellow smugglers etc.

What do you think?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I like everything but the sewers part. I think the final verdict was "no sewers," but if it wasn't then its all good.
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Hmm, OK. Still, if the captain is smuggling, then I need a way for him to get goods in an out of the tower that the troops won't notice.

Perhaps a trapdoor leading into a cave? Which leads somewhere outside the walls? Is there possibly an as yet unclaimed cave nearby I could use?
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=227974

This would work
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Perfect. I have claimed the cave as well. I like it being island based also - small boats can come down from the north at night and remove the stolen goods.

Edit: OK, I have outlined the rooms in the tower. I will add a small series of cells on the bottom layer also. Guard towers should always have cells.
-- M. Ghandi
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

OK, going pretty well. Bottom three floors completely detailed, halfway through the fourth floor.

A quick question, is it possible to make doors teleport back into the same cell as the door? - I'm trying to work out the best way to do this secret door. I assume it would work, but is there any reason for not doing it?

Also, does clicking teleport in the box stop interior doors opening? - I have forgotten if it does so or not.
-- M. Ghandi
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

presh wrote:A quick question, is it possible to make doors teleport back into the same cell as the door? - I'm trying to work out the best way to do this secret door. I assume it would work, but is there any reason for not doing it?

Also, does clicking teleport in the box stop interior doors opening? - I have forgotten if it does so or not.
1: yes, as long as the door marker is in the same cell.

2: what?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Interior doors are set to open when activated. Can you use interior doors as teleport doors without them opening when activated? Or do both they teleport and open? Hope this is clearer! :)
-- M. Ghandi
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

they don't open when activated. have you ever clicked on an unlinked exterior door? they pivot around a center point. Imagine if all doors DID work like that =P
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo