i3-470-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

i3-470-Ind

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-470-Ind (#1563)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-9-Ind (#113)
Claimed by: Katze
Files: TR_i3-470-Ind_Cathartis_1.esp; TR_i3-470-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_2.esp

---

Bisandryon - Large Stronghold. Several entrances all across the mountain side.

This has been returned for general smallening and fixage. Check the last post for details.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Unlocking, Have fun.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I REALLY want to claim and haplo said my interiorship password is within reach if I fix something that doesn't need to be fixed...

Its just that strongholds are really rare :(...
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

This one is EXTREMELY large though. I will take a look at your showcase now, but I was really hoping this would go to a more experienced modder. I guess if your showcase is ok I would have no right to keep this from you though.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Well I thought you'd say that :(

Its alright, I can wait for the next one -- its just that this is the only one in map 3.

I'll claim something else :]

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Jedak, it's not the only one. I spotted another small stronghold ruin in map3.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Then I'll wait for it to come up :)

I had a look at it in the cs and it is BIG.

I've claimed something else, so don't worry (ancestoral tomb).

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

An 8 level, giganto stronghold.

From bottom to top:

Halls 1 - 3 are for military: armory, forge, dorms, mess halls, prison,etc.

Hall 4 was for lower class citizens: common areas, real run down and maybe collapsing already.

Hall 5 - 6 for middle class citizens: common areas, nicer than the poor part

Hall 7-8, plus extras: home of a Chimer leader.

Extras: Propylon Chamber will be made like Kogoruhn's, it'll be a shrine with ash pits. The two domes atop the structure will be for a sorcerer and a private study.

Secret Areas: 2 secret areas: 1 tomb of Chimer leader, 1 vault. I haven't figured out how they'll be kept secret, but I'll figure out a way.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Granting, Happy modding.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Sorry all, but can someone revoke this one. I've been trying to work on this one, but I have no inspiration for this stronghold. I thought I did but no.

For the person who comes after me maybe some of my ideas can help you:

I imagined that the keep atop the mountain was controlled by House Indoril still but the lower halls were completely infested with either daedra or goblins and the gate was sealed. There was gonna be a false wall which lead into the chief's chambers and thus the rest of the interiors. And somewhere near the bottom was gonna be where the original inhabitants were going to expend the fortress. Oh and that this interior would have a wonderful, famous forge and a semi-famous smith.

Sorry. It was too big for me and not in a good way. ;)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked by request
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Alright, I have decided to claim this and have a bash at it. It's pretty big but I like what Hemitheon has done so far.

Hemi: If you're still around, I might need to discuss a few things with you, I'll be getting in touch over Yahoo or AIM if I have any questions, as long as that's ok with you. :) In the mean time, if you could explain to me what's in the esp already that'd be good. Most cells aren't linked to each other so I don't really know what goes where, though I've worked out parts of it.

I'm going to follow Hemitheon's basic floor plan, that gives me somewhere to start. And I'm probably going to use what work has been done already from the esp, though I may change a few things. I'm expecting this to take a while so I shall be taking it one cell at a time and I'll post updates here as I finish them. I'll need to add a few more cells to what's there already too. Uhm, when I come up with some sort of more detailed plan I'll post it!

:)

I actually have another quesiton though, is this supposed to be a working stronghold? Yes? I'm assuming so. :P
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting. These filler interiors have vague descriptions so as long as it is within logic then what you do should be fine.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

If you need any help just IM me, Erashil, on AIM. The study is that separate building on the roof. The dome is of course the dome. The shrine is the propylon chamber, The council room is that one extra level underneath the dome. Hall 1 is where I realized the int. was way too big for my to handle. But it was intended to be a feast hall with a kitchen just down the hall.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

any updates? I know this is friggin huge but a WiP and a post would be nice.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Right sorry ok, I'm sorry to say I've just started BUT I am actually getting into working on it now so it'll get done now. I plan get a cell done a day for a while if I can, some of them are pretty huge though. I have a while to dedicate to this now though so it's all good. I shall post as frequently as I can from now on, sorry for the delay.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Ok, so yesturday I decided on a re-arrangement of the halls. This is the current plan:

Hall 1: Feast Halls and Kitchen

Hall 2: Armory and Forge

Hall 3: Military Quarters

Hall 4: Middle Class

Hall 5: Middle Class

Hall 6: Lower Class

Hall 7: Chimer Leader's Home and High Class Guest Rooms

Hall 8: Prison and Storage

I've drawn up a few floor plans (Halls 1-3 so far) I'm using the original work that's already there so Hall 1 is done for Arcitecture and most of the extras are done too. I'm going to start off building Halls 2 and 3 today and then hopefully get them furnished tomorrow or the day after. Then I'll move downwards through the stronghold and finally do the finishing touches on the stuff at the top that hasn't been done.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

nice plans, any new updates? I would rather not revoke something this large, but if you don't post in a week I will have to.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

you know, not only did you get an extra month and a half, but I think I even told you on IRC at one point that you should post here.

REVOKED
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Big stronghold with a lot of entrances? Sounds like a challenge. At the end of this week I'll get a little well-deserved location and I want to mod for real again.

Oh yeah, may I rename it something else? I can keep using bis'andryon as a working name, but that's one of the names I nominated for dedefecation.

Also, I'd like to pretend this fortress is the place known as the Black Gate in Imperial. People who have played Arena may remember as the antepenultimate dungeon, which contained the artefact called the Hammer of Gharen.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Large dungeon in lore? Artifact at the end? Granting happy modding!

As for the artifact at the end, I think you need to talk to haplo/aro about that as it would probably require a new model.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I'm not planning on putting the artifact at the end. Because it has already been recovered by the Eternal Champion, and if that artifact is anywhere now it's in the Old Ebonheart palace. :D
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

oh, right duh. We do have some artifacts that need placing though IIRC... I dunno probably about time we figured out where on the early maps to put phat lewt anyway as IIRC we seem to be lacking it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Please don't use another artifact mesh/icon for this artifact. I almost had a heart attack when I saw Auriel's bow reused in MAp1.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Ich werde jedenfalls dieses Artefakt nicht benutzen.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

No real update yet, but I've had time to see what Hem did in the existing levels and begin to toy with floorplans for the next levels. Nothing worth uploading yet, though, still in the "concept" stage.

Update: More toying around and concepting. Trying to choose whether the mezzanine thingy I've built somewhere is cool or completely retarded, leaning towards retarded.

Re-Update 17th of May: yeah, it was retarded. I'm working on the kitchen/mess hall level.

Plan is probably going to be like this:
Overbuildings: Council Hall, Dome and Shrine (made by Hem)
Top-Most Level (corresponding to ex_stronghold pieces): Keep (made by Hem) Features a large, Church-like conference room.
1st Below (corresponding to ex_stronghold_pylon pieces): Mess Hall level.
2nd Below (completely underground except for the little bit sticking out to the north, with an ex_stronghold_enter00 and a ex_stronghold_fort02): barracks and lodging level
3rd Below (also underground except for the little bit sticking out to the west, with ex_stronghold_fort02 and ex_strong_roofstack00): armory, training room, services.
4th Below (entirely underground): forge, misc. supply rooms, water wells.
5th Below (entirely underground): abandoned level, mostly collapsed, forgotten secret passage leading below.
6th Below (entirely underground): abandoned and forgotten level, a dungeon-like place in disarray (intended for some weak undeads like ghosts and skeletons).
7th Below (entirely underground): mix of stronghold/cave set, intended to be populated by goblins.
8th Below (entirely underground): more of the goblin dungeons, but in a worse state, more collapsed stuff.
9th Below (entirely underground): Forgotten Halls, partly submerged.
10th Below (entirely underground): Forgotten Halls, treasure room (where the Eternal Champion once went, so it'll be mostly empty).
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Sounds like a good plan, although a bit large even for this. Would it cause any major disruption in your plans if I said you should cut out levels 8 and 9?

Also, in the future make a post when you update your claim.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

And if I cut 8 but I keep 9?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I guess that would still be ok
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Gezzzy poo updates?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Not a lot of updates, I haven't had much time these days (what with helping my parents renovate their house). I'll get back to work on this ASAP, but first I have to finish i2-66. It's practically finished, it's just a question of cluttering up shelves; something which bores me to death, though so I procrastinated quite a bit.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

It has been another month, any updates?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I've started working again on it. Progress has been a bit slow, though.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I was perusing the TIL and thought. Why not use the Ebony Blade as the artifact for this dungeon?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Gez wrote:I'm not planning on putting the artifact at the end. Because it has already been recovered by the Eternal Champion, and if that artifact is anywhere now it's in the Old Ebonheart palace. :D
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

This is NOT Black Gate. Our Head of Lore doesn't want Black Gate in TR-Morrowind. I personally wanted Rilt Pass to become Black Gate but Sload poopooed the idea. No Black Gate. This is plain, old fashioned, always-been-there Bis'Andryon.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Guh, multi-thread logic makes my head spin.

Anyway, this place don't need an artifact then, if it's just any old stronghold (if an epic one at that).
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Worked a bit more on the dungeons part. I've tried to get some scripted events so for now my workfile isn't in a very usable shape.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

any updates? been a month.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Yeah, it's moving forward slowly but surely.