i3-591-Imp

Post by Rats »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-591-Imp (#1686)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Parted User
Local map: OE Sewers 2014
Files: TR_i3-591-Imp_Hemitheon_1.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Rats_1.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Rats_2.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Rats_3.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Rats_4.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Rats_5.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Rats_6.esp; TR_i3-591-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

SUPER HIGH PRIORITY. Old Ebonheart Sewers.

The sewers are divided into two main areas: "East" and "West", as well as a smaller third sewer area beneath the OE Castle. The sewers will provide entry in some interiors in Old Ebonheart (detailed in the Local Map and the rough blueprint in the link below). Puzzles involving raising and lowering the water levels within the sewers, hidden areas and hidden treasures recommended.

Please make use of this greatly simplified blueprint:
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/oeblueprint_zpsbc1aa4e9.png

Please refer to Hemitheon's awesome take on the old version of the sewers for inspiration and guidance. The more of them we're able to salvage, the better.

Please also read through the discussion regarding the sewers in the OE section forums: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24344
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Oooh this one sounds like fun. The size of the city with a design similar to Cyrodiil City's sewer. Lots of platforms, stairs, different chambers with multiple entries.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Granting. Remember to make multiple cells when necessary (and it will be)
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Here are some screens of my work so far. These are of the sewer main which is under the Thieve's Guild HQ.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/SewerMain3.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/SewerMain2.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/SewerMain1.jpg

At the north end of the sewer main is a hidden door which leads to a Thieve's Guild Safe Haven. Im really not sure of its practical use but it sounded like a great idea. Heck if you don't want it to be for the thieves' guild, then maybe a vampire safe haven: from the sun, from guards, etc.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/SafeHaven1.jpg

I plan on putting several hidden interiors in this interior.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

very nice. Thieves guild safe haven is fine.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Looking very good. :]
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Real Nice :)
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Update:

The West City Sewers are complete.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/WestCitySewer1.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/WestCitySewer2.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/WestCitySewer3.jpg

The pictures may be too dark, but in the game, you can see well.

Ive begun work on the East City Sewers.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/EastCitySewer1.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/EastCitySewer2.jpg

Total Cells: 10

Sewer Main, West City Sewer, East City Sewer, Central Processing, West City Hub, East City Hub, Subsewer, Castle Sewer, Maintenance Room, Abandoned Imperial Sanctuary
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Wow, this is going to be teh awesome. Can't wait to quest!

Any chance you could make things so there can be some funky 'playing with water level' scripts in there? 'Cos they're always fun.

Not if you don't want to, though.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That is really impressive. Well done :]
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I suck at scripting but I'll try. As of now, all the cranks are completely rusted as the sewers haven't been serviced in over 150 years.

One Lore Related Point:

In the East City Sewer, is a memorial to Saint Kaladas, patron of architects. It was built by Kintyrah I to commemorate his death and the construction of Ebonheart. A stone was taken from Leyawiin Chapel and placed into the foundations of Ebonheart as a way of blessing the undertaking [namely the building of the largest Imperial castle in Morrowind]. The only cool loot is one of Saint Kaladas' hammers which is well protected. Nothing uber.

Ive been watching videos taken in sewers and underground tunnels and I found one which had a memorial to the architects and I thought it'd be fun to have something like that.

Another fun place is the Imperial Sanctuary. Prior to the completion of the castle, this room was sealed up as it had no more purpose. But with age, one wall collapsed, leaving a tunnel from the Castle Sewers to the sanctuary. It's meant to be Uber-secret. Like a super special place to find. The way Ive planned for it to be hidden will guarantee only a hand full will ever find it.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I didn't think you could make sewers from the imperial fort set, but you proved me wrong.
Please keep in mind that some buildings like i3-216? has connections to the sewers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Hemitheon wrote:I suck at scripting but I'll try. As of now, all the cranks are completely rusted as the sewers haven't been serviced in over 150 years.
If you want, you can just make the areas where some fun 'acess new areas by mucking with water levels' stuff could go on, and then hand it over to me or another scripter to get the thing working.

But again, not if too much trouble.

And personally, I approve of all your plans. They sound like its going to be great!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

If the map shows it having access, then I've provided it. So far the only places with access are: Guild of Fighters, a Fine Weapons smith, Country Club, 4 outposts, and the castle.

Oh and in regards to who controls what, the Thieves' Guild controls it all for the exception of the East City Sewer which belongs to the Legion and the Fighters' Guild controls a portion of the West City Sewer.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Please post which building of the castle the entrance to the sewers are located in the claim thread for the castle.

Looks great, I can't wait to review this.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

My god... Hemi you are BRILLIANT!!! You make me wanna mod! ;(
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Update: Im around 70% complete with this one. All I need to do now is detail the Castle Sewer and the other half of the East City Sewer. I am hoping that before this claim is submitted, someone can play it and see if they feel if it needs anything. I'll have it done as soon as possible.

B the W,

I am going to have to redo my Dagoth cave cuz there was a power surge and I hadn't saved it yet. So again it'll be done before New Year.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

any chance you could snap a few more screens? also, which building of OE castle do the sewers connect to?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

fuckyes you made the architecture right.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I put the access to the castle in the exact same place the map shows.

Here's a Map (and yes it does span the entire city plus some)

[img]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/SewerMap.jpg[/img]

Here's a pic of the East City Sewer

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/Morrowind2007-12-1612-54-45-37.jpg
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

It's finally done, ladies and gents. I need three peeps to run through this place like the FDA looking through a McDonalds. I want you to consider questions like, What is it missing? Do I like BLANK in that spot? Is that out of place? Do I think that this matches up to Bethesda's work? I suggest you start in the East City Sewers and work your way to the castle. coc "i3-591 East City Sewer" You can either cheat your way through using tcl and unlock or you can make it a realistic exploration, which means taking swift swim or water breathing spells/potions, torches, lockpicks, levitation spells/potions. Hints, you'll need the levitation to cross the subsewer. You'll need swift swim or water breathing to get to the secret abandoned sanctuary.

NOTES to CHARACTER Creators and TELEPORTATION GUY:

1. There should be a vampire named Entius in the Maintenance room, no dialogue just plain attacks player on sight. (Read Maintenance Log)

2. The Castle Sewer Access is under lockdown, so noone can just walk along and breach castle security. The head of the legion should be given the key (TR_m3_oekey_i3-591-imp)

3. Having seen videos of Paris' catacombs, I decided to add signs throughout the sewers. So when the following get named, please add those names to the signs: Country Club where the Thieves' Guild hangs (TR_m3_signtguild_i3-591-imp), and the Smith in i3-267 (TR_m3_signsmith_i3-591-imp)
Attachments
TR_sewers.ESP
Ok Peeps! Time to Test!!!
(229.61 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Me wants to test.

Is that okay? (But even if it's not, I'm doing it anyway. :P)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Yay. Make sure to think Beth standards. i want the players to feel creeped out while in the sewers. I modded and played this while listening to the ambient music from Vampire Masquerade.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Wow, this is all very good. Certainly up to Beth standards, if not surpassing them at its best bits. And the creepiness is definantly there, and will be even higher when rats and stuff are scurrying about.

Anyway, I'm no int. genius, so I can only say what hit me as a 'general player' type thing.

Gameplay: Always ensure you provide a way for the player to get out of the 'water'. In lots of places, the player can head into the channels, and then find no way to get out, and be forced to levitate, or worse, TCL. A good example where the player is actually forced into such a position is when the player exits the sub-sewer into the east sewer hub.

One of the doors in the Castle Sewers (next to the Imperial Notices) is locked but doesn't say it is. Perhaps it's been set to 'Locked 0'?

As it stands, when the player goes into the maintenance room, the old man dies before their eyes. To prevent this weirdness, make the player have to go round a corner first before they get to the room itself. Then the death happens out of sight of the player.

Aesthetics: Don't use LavaBlackSquares. Apart from the Subsewer, where you blacked out everything surrounding it, everywhere else you used LBS looked rubbish, 'cos on the mini-map, the 'background' is not black, it's 'water coloured', so the black squares stand out rather than blend in.

Be careful with the use of vines. There's two instances where they look silly: one - in the West sewers where one hangs in front of one of the 'waterfall vents', and causes weird graphics to happen, where the overlap is just 'removed' from most angles. (So you get one quarter of the vines missing)

The other instance is next to the Sanctuary passage, the underwater vines don't get coloured as if they were under water, and thus stand out and actually draw attention to the passage.

In the Sanctuary itself (which is awesome in the extreme), the 'stones' in the tapestry 'glow in the dark', which looks odd. Perhaps replace with vanilla diamonds etc?

Finally, I'd say the Sanctuary's not actually hard enough to find. I'd make the 'broken grille entrance' be hidden by the waterfall that's over it, so the player would have to be actively searching for a passage to notice that they can get through. I'd also add some 'pointless' 'deep pit passages', like the Sanctuary one, to other places, so that the player doesn't think: "massive pit? There's gotta be something cool down here" and make it so only the really 'up for looking for something' player will go down each and every passage. Then it will be appropriately hard to find, and also appropriately rewarding to find.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

ok I fixed all those and added 3 more passages throughout the sewers.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ADD THE TR_ PREFIX TO ALL YOUR CELLS NOW AND FOREVER!

Please.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Fixed that too. Still would like feedback from more peeps. 5 downloaded so at least 4 people should have thoughts about it. To those, please tell me what you think.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I like it, it is really original. I've only looked in the cs so far so I can't talk about the accessability of the sewers. I noticed that it really matches the exterior and that is no small job. As for those blacksquares, you can problably replace them with those bitter coast green gooey squares.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I've also only looked through it in the CS. It looks good. I was a little concerned about the inescapable pits in them.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

yeah I fixed canal accessability. So now there are ways out of all of them, even the subsewer.
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

Man I loved it and the fact that u placed all the stones to make the arc really made it original...post your update so i can look some more.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

The file posted at the top is the final version so far. B the W this claim is done.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

then it shall be officially reviewed
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: light_com_candle_10_off bled a bit much into the table

fixed double spacing between sentences in the Imperial Notices

gave a lock level to a chest with some loot that wasn't locked

lengthened the signpost to the Country Club to say Old Ebonheart instead of O.E. (that was just tacky)

TR_m3_corpse_i3-591-imp was bleeding into the wall a bit at the shoulder. It was also floating a bit. (Corpse of Pelinarus)

Fixed some types in TR_m3_diary_i3-591-imp, the maintenance log.

two barrels bled into other in the west sewers

Comments Awesome!

Rating 10/10
Attachments
TR_i3-591-Imp_Hemitheon_1.esp
(234.82 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

various quotes from IRC made while I was reviewing this:

<TF|> OE sewers... pure sex
<TF|> OE Sewers... are better and better by the ref
<TF|> Lady_N, go fuck hemitheon. and do it good
<TF|> good, now the conversation can go back to how fucking awesome the OE sewers are and how lady n is going to fuck hemitheon the first chance she gets
<Lady_N> oh, were talking gratitude fuck.
<TF|> I'm only on the third cell and I already am trying to line him up some sexual reward

是認-fucking-する
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Revoked for upcoming revision to fit with the new Old Ebonheart city.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Unleashed for claiming. Please read the description and take your time examining Hemitheon's old file.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I made a rough map of Hemitheon's OE sewers to compare with Rats' new map. This one should be the most accurate map of the sewers so far-

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/RyanSTR/media/Tamriel%20Rebuilt/OldOESewers_zpscafe34da.png.html?sort=3&o=1
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

claimage
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

You are the right person to do this claim. I hope you will leave as much of the original sewer as possible even if you have to stretch logic a bit.
my opinion.