5 approved quests claims

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

theviking
Developer Emeritus

5 approved quests claims

Post by theviking »

Hi, I'm pleased to announce that we officially have 5 approved quest claims for morrowind as of today (that’s 18 fully functional quests)! I don't know the history, but I think it is really an accomplishment. Many thanks for our playtesters (mostly osiris and JennaK) and Bloodthirsty crustacean, who fixed a large amount of quests, with a little help from me.
Last edited by theviking on Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Great work guys :) So these 5 quests are fully functional?
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

How many are expected to be in the final release?
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

No, 13. A quest claim can be made out of different quests and I've approved 5 of them now. So 40 is not far off. I think there will be around 80 in the final release.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I think you can approve Gah-Sadrith quests as well, as they have been merged and tested several times. If you have the newest version - there should be 5 instead of 4 quests (The fifth one - "Inquisition in Gah Sadrith" - is activated as a sidequest, during playing of "Lost Fiancee", for better cleaniness of the original quest).
There might be some dialogue error, but they are best pick by massive testing of un-skilled gamers.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

No offense, Theo, but the Gah Sadrith quests need a lot of dialogue and grammar correction before finalisation. I'm pretty sure they all work, but the grammar is pretty bad in places. (e.g. the infamous "Eldale will consider me mentally retarded forever" etc.)

@ Viking, are you sure about a Beta with fourty quests? How will we do that? As far as I see it, we need to get a merged file (this one) cleaned up and ready before we can release quests, otherwise we'd have to merge our 'forty', and then fix them again!

And also, we're only three factions (two of which, Imperial Cult and Legion, shouldn't be too much work, though the MBC cult I'm wary of) and the Telvanni (inc. MQ) away from having all quests done, AFAIK. Why not wait till then, and have a final, all quests, beta, rather than doing it in dribs and drabs?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you might want to include the fact that 5 quest claims isn't "5 quests" in the main story. And that these quests are now finalised and bug free, and that there are a load of others that are made, but in the process of testing.

Otherwise people are gonna think "WTF have these guys been doing all this time?!"
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i added the whole 5 claims = 18 quests thing to the newspost, since many people probably dont understand the distinction.

great job guys!
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

It doesn't appear to have gone up on the main page. (Unless I haven't refreshed enough)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

its up, thats how i saw this/
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Oh, and I dunno about you, but might it be a wise idea to take down that promise about 40 quest beta, so me and Viking can discuss the plausibility of that first. I've got a couple of reservations about it. (See above posts)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

hendrix29

Post by hendrix29 »

this is awesome! Are they guild quests, part of a TR quest, or just sidequests?
[url=http://s15.invisionfree.com/TESFU_Forums/]Join an upstart Elder Scrolls community, with over 100 members.[/url]

[url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=3559][RELZ]Attempted Resurgences Book Series Mod[/url]
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

All of the above now. Things are progressing fastly. ;)

Though I dunno what you mean by 'TR quests'. If you mean the main quest, that's still under work by Lud.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

hendrix29

Post by hendrix29 »

sorry about that, but that's what I meant, a main quest.
[url=http://s15.invisionfree.com/TESFU_Forums/]Join an upstart Elder Scrolls community, with over 100 members.[/url]

[url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=3559][RELZ]Attempted Resurgences Book Series Mod[/url]
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

hendrix29 wrote:sorry about that, but that's what I meant, a main quest.
A mainquest is in the working as well; Ludovic is currently dealing with it.
@Theviking: which quests have been approved actually? You can even tell me just some clues though, as this board is public, to don't spoil the final surprise... ;)
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Technically 11 claims are Approved. However, I'm doing a second run through on all those, and still turn up the occasional very minor error. I have fully checked and perfected 3 claims. But that'll be going up swiftly once I get back in gear post-Christmas.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals