Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Message This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Joco
Developer
22 May 2006

I will give all my power to this lighthouse the next two weeks.
Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:28 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Fairwater
Developer Emeritus
19 Feb 2004

Joco did you not have some other concepts you were working on.... i would love to see them get to the in game stage before you move on!

-Noirgrim
Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:05 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Fairwater
Developer Emeritus
19 Feb 2004

Joco i want to make sure that you dont have to much on your plate you have been tackling alot of models that i would love to see you get into the game before move on to other models.
Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:24 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Joco
Developer
22 May 2006

Ok, I can wait with this one and get the others completely finished.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:34 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

Just now spotted this thread. Kinda slow of me. But heck, better later then never Smile

I want, or already claimed, this tower. Ill post all progress in this thread:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19523

Or should I do that in here instead?
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

We'd rather you claim it and do it here, please. Smile That's what this claim thread is for, after all

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Yea, hit the claim button. And one more favor to ask, please upload your wips. The nif and a maxscene if that's not a problem for you. It is good to upload your wips so that we can help each other and review our work.

Well, all meshes have to use uvwmaps, that's the only way to throw a texture on a mesh. And we don't use any limits. We have no poly or texture limits. Limits are lame, what matters is the right feel. We have already a plenty of arch textures for goldmoor, it is recommended you make some use of it Smile

PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

I've just pressed that claim button. Neat idea, I like it! :)

Now it is about to strike new year in my country, so I gotta go to celebrate. Ill post max screens and other stuff related to this claim later.

Happy New Year everyone! Long live to Tamriel Rebuilt :)
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:27 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

gran2008tified
Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:02 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

To be honest I find this forum a bit confusing to navigate. Yeah it is probably me not being intelligent enough Smile

Could anyone post me direct links to threads where textures of the town, this tower is going to be located in, are posted, shown, or links to them written?

I tried looking in Textures Models forum section, but couldnt find any :/
Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:28 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

You will get used to it, don't worry Smile
Hmm, download the OoT (objects of tamriel) for oblivion. it is here http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19527
It is an archive of all models and textures that are used in our oblivion mods.

Post Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:06 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

Ive downloaded OoT. But I found in textures folder just dds textures for landscape. Should there be more of them? Probably when I was downloading rar file it got corrupted :/
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

This might be the case if you tried to download it on thursday, friday. You might have been very unlucky Razz The folder with our arch textures is Textures/TR/architecture.

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

Well. I didnt like to admit that, but I am really bad at texturing. I have been trying to texture it with exsiting textures (those that you have used in town lighthouse is going to be located nearby), but I really didnt liked how it turned out. Actually it was bad and I am not going to do it. I have edited tower, cut it to many different parts of meshes, so they could be easier unwraped (if some parts will need that). And made adjustments to some shapes.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7635/ff2yf2.jpg

Comparisson to concept's lighthouse "pose":
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8115/ff1zp2.jpg
http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/6489/rihadlghthousepersp5tw.jpg

Are here in Tamriel Rebuilt any good texturers who could get it done?
Anyway i think I am done with it. I have attached max file (do you need it in any other formats?) of lighthouse. Collision is working, mesh in game is working (check screenshots), it "only" needs good textures. So I have updated claim done 50%, cause texturing is another half. And I am dropping it. I am no good with textures :/
I hope at least mesh suits your standarts and it will be usable.

Lighthouse in game:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2379/screenshot44bg9.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8199/screenshot46vo6.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3185/screenshot48km4.jpg

showing my own in game dude (no tcl turned on there Smile ) :
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2667/screenshot45vx7.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1516/screenshot47bt2.jpg
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

awesome! Very Happy im sure that some of the curent textures could be used on this but ill talk to aro... i think i have a few textures from the Kremlin in Moscow that would be perfect here.

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:14 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Morden
Developer Emeritus
30 Oct 2003

Looks great Smile Can you please upload a .obj for everyone who doesn't use 3ds Max?.. as well as the .nif file you used to get the lighthouse into Oblivion. Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:24 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

Here you go in rar file there is nif and obj files (see attachment).
I hope everything is in place as I had to reexport it and havent checked if it exported right. If there will be problems let me know.

Lighthouse.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Lighthouse.rar
 Filesize:  343.69 KB
 Downloaded:  53 Time(s)

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:23 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Hey Smile Very nice job. I still found some small details to improve. But since you uploaded a max file, I will do it by myself and then I recommend you to have a look at it Smile I might give a try in mapping and texturing this by myself, since this won't need too much new textures propably. The credit will go to you though. What would you like do next? You could model out some cliffs, that should be rather easy and fun. If architecture, how about the temple? You can try the bridge, if the temple doesn't look interesting to you. I would reveal you some secrets of modular meshes, if needed, for that one Smile

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:09 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Morden
Developer Emeritus
30 Oct 2003

Thanks a lot Doxas Smile
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Doxas
Developer
22 Aug 2003

You are welcome Morden.

And yes, I would like to see how final, textured model would look like! Smile

I want to have a break at the moment, as I am a bit "under deadline" with my exams. ill come back later and see what I can do next!
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

wait... so is this done? just lacking a texture? or what?

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Mapping, texturing, mesh cleaning. I have the max file.

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Any 3dsmax 9 user that is willing to map this can claim this. Making the textures would be nice. You can use some of what we already have. Keep in mind that the lighthouse should look older than an average Rihad mesh.
Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:13 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

Uploading a mesh WIP. In nif format. Premapped, some vertex painting addedd here and there. Now anyone can feel free to finish this. Just let me know here by claiming the thing.

TRGMRHLH.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TRGMRHLH.zip
 Filesize:  328.84 KB
 Downloaded:  46 Time(s)

Post Fri May 02, 2008 12:04 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer
21 Nov 2008

Just to not doing the fountain and necrom misunderstandings again, what's EXACTLY needed to this file?

As far as I can see need collision (unless there's a setting I don't know and/or I don't see) and rescaling the uv mapping (stone blocks looks quite huge). I would prefer the max files if it's possible (if it's 3dsmax 9 or less).

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

From what i remember it needs to be UV mapped (pretty advanced mapping, will require spliting the mesh into parts to allow the use of different textures) and subsequently textured. I have a set of photos that i think would be perfect to use as textures along with some of our current goldmoor ones. I'd love to do the textures for this, so it you need any help with that.. Razz

Anyways, there is a version of this already in OoT. i need to take a look at that and the one included here to see wich one is more recent and what else may need to be done.

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:36 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer
21 Nov 2008

Ok, I'll wait and see... I want to figure out the animation thing before officially claiming this so take your time Razz
Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:11 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

Al right, took a look at this. the model in this post appears to be slightly more up to date, but i prefer the OoT model more.

what it needs:

remapping. mostly along the base. the main sides of the base should probably be a wrap around (cylinder) map with the buttresses and stair sides being a separate part of that. the colums along the shaft and at the top.
Texturing. the lighthouse is old and made of stone (duh). i have some nice Kremlin textures that i think would be perfect for it. the colums have sweet detail in the concept, it would be cool if this could be added through textures. im imagining it white and blue, along with algea at the bottom and other signs of age. take a look at the concept for more detail.
Collision. it currently has none. collision needs to be good at the top and the bottom, in the middle it can be a very simple sylinder.
Vertex shading. there are a few places that could probably benifit from it, such as the bottom of the mesh.

-PoHa!
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:58 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer
21 Nov 2008

ok, i'm thinking about that, if you can send me the texture, I'll claim it probably next week (unless nobody else shows up in the meantime)
Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:46 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
aro101
Developer Emeritus
15 Feb 2007

maxscene (3dsmax 9)

TR_lighthouse.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_lighthouse.zip
 Filesize:  187.05 KB
 Downloaded:  42 Time(s)

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer
21 Nov 2008

Doh, i started working on it and i still didn't officially claimed that... :D
Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

granted, have fun, you know where to find me if you need me.

link to suggested resources (26 MB, unresized)

-PoHa!
Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

I saw you in IRC earlier, got an update for this?

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer
21 Nov 2008

not exactly, i sot out some textures i could use, but i gave necrom's meshes higher priority.
Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:50 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

revoked by request.

this one needs to be remapped and textured. use a combination of existing GM textures and new custom ones.
Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Will finish texture work, as requested by N.
Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:24 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

this ones granted. you know your orders.
Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

I need a NIF file to work from (and I can't open .max in Blender) Could you please provide me with this?
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:10 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

aro's post halfway up the page has a nif file, as does OoT since like forever.

-PoHa!
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:00 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Is Aeven working on these or is Adanorcil?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group