Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_6-5-Hla (#188)
Faction: Hlaalu
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: Narsis_alpha_1.esp; TR_6-5-Hla_Haplo_1.rar; TR_6-5-Hla_kingfish_1.zip

---

Narsis

To download the meshes & textures for this claim, download TR-6-5-Hla_Haplo_1.rar
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

i didn't have much time to work on this one, but that's likely to change.

anyway, the city itself is about 85% done - just a part of it needs detailing, but i won't do it until this whole narsis-redesign gets approwed. so, for now i work on the wilderness...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Is KingFish still around? Those files say they were uploaded in May, and he's not posted any updates here since June...
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Yeap, he's still around and kicking.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

yeah, still here [you won't get rid of me that easy] :D

anyway, i guess you want to know because of border smoothing, right?
well, those files here are no good [i didn't upload it] and i don't have a real progress on my east border, so i guess it's your call and i will follow your claim. [i did d/l your claim, but don't have time to take a look - map4 is eating all my spare time].
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

You are correct on that one. Over the summer, all I had was the one that you have posted, and there's not much of anything along the East edge of your claim, so I basically avoided that area as much as I could.

You do whatever you're doing, and I'll do whatever I'm doing... whatever that is.:)
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

This has been inactive for almost an entire year. anyone seen KF around?
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

He did show up a couple of weeks ago, but that was all. Did you try pming him?
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

i'm still around; lurking.
this claim is WIP...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How's this claim coming, KF?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

hmm, still working on it.
i've divided the claim into 2 separate esps, the city itself and the surroundings. the city is about 95% done, while the area around is about 20% done. if you have someone interested in taking a few wilderness cells, i'll upload the file...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Could you upload what you have so far, kf?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

any updates? care to post that file?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

wow, it's been ages since i posted here...
ok, an update:
in order to be able to work on this beast, i had to divide it into two separate files:
1. the city itself
2. the surrounding wilderness

i'm fairly sure i'll finish the city myself, but the wilderness is unlikely to be done by me, so since i'm not really around here anymore, if you want to give it to someone else, be my guest...

also, there are still a lot of new meshes in this claim [though i deleted some] and i already lost track of all of them, so i'm not sure how to post them - well, i have an archive that is most likely going to work, but it's 30MB, should i upload it?
Attachments
nar celek2.JPG
oveview.JPG
narsis wild.zip
(485.4 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
narsis city.zip
(168 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

I went visiting in game.
Man, great, it's just great. The city has been cut down without losing her soul, it's beautifull and maybee the city i prefer in all TR. (You and Prom are my favorite modders, it's logical!)

Only 2 meshes makes problem on my system, the BlackRose and the Fishfount.nif and i not have encounter FPS problems.

Can i use some of the statues for BL, or, are they dedicated to Narsis?

I will send Pics tonight on the Morrowind thried.
Last edited by kebra on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

thanks kebra. btw i'm looking forward to see BL's .esp...
about the statues: i wouldn't mind if you use them, but iirc prom wanted those to be unique and "narsis only". the question is, if all of those meshes will make it to OoT. anyway, it's the core's call...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

statues... unless there is a good reason I am going to say no to any. (please list all statues, and reasons)
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

So, the best is to respect Prom will.
Trigg, i need statues for the BL towers(with alcove), especially for the gates because it will be a bit repetitive to have all the time the same model. I will find another solution.

PS: KF the BL esp is a bit old, an update is to come soon, wait a bit.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Kingfish, did you remove the argonian and guar statues? They were really anti-lore, even though they looked good.

kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

see the attached picture, it shows all the statues that are now in narsis...
iirc this is what we agreed on long time ago
Attachments
statues.JPG
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

IMO, these are too jarringly unique compared to the rest of TR. It will stand out in a bad way.

I'd be in favour of removal.

But that's just my opinion.

@ Kebra, if you need more statues, we've got a bunch of Saint Statues (2 currently in Data, but they are old, and 2 being made right now), and a new Sotha Sil one forthcoming.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

With a gray stone texture like the other statues, they would be much less jarring.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Perhaps.

But I still don't like the idea of the Hlaalu capital having all this unique stuff in it, and the other House capitals just being 'boring': it would make our other big cities look like we hadn't 'put the effort in'.

And that Golden Saint statue definitely needs to go. (Lore-wise)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I can't tell what half of those are. unless the materials are changed, none of them will do. (As it stands I am not sure if any of them will do even WITH a texture change.)

From what I can tell though:
nix hounds, no
slaughterfish, no
Azura, no

The hlallu capital can not be unique from the others, however it can have one or two unique things about it. (PT has its gigantic maze of root paths, Almalexia has its... fucking huge-ness..., Tear has cantons, and I forgot the redoran capital)

btw kingfish, just because something was decided 4 years ago or so doesn't neccesarily mean it is ok. A LOT has changed.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:I forgot the redoran capital
Blacklight has [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=9530]giant Velothi vulvae[/url]. :p
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I thought that blacklight was the former capital...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:I thought that blacklight was the former capital...
True. The current capital's claim to uniqueness is having a manor district burrowed under a giant crab.

That said, if you jump in time six years to the future, I think Blacklight is the capital again; at the very least until Ald'ruhn has been dekvatched.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

That's for the vulvae that i need statues. You have got also the canal to penetrate the city...
Those main city should have something different, and, of course i see no problem with Narsis.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

there can be one or two unique things in the city, but 6 statues, most of which break lore, are not ok. I think the unique towers are good enough for something unique (assuming they get optimized)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

*is with Thrig*

And kebra, what about those new saint statues etc.? Are those usable for your purposes?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

The only statues there I like are the main statue in the first pic (though I have no idea what it is), and the combating statues in the last (which I take it are supposed to be a Hlaalu and an Indoril in combat and would therefore be on the lore-friendly side). That marble texture is really crap.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The main statue is some 'not-in-game' four-legged mount thing. While it looks mighty cool, it's a bit jarring (again) to have such a thing there.

And on the duelists, I might be okay with those if I knew there was a story behind why the Hlaalu were celebrating the actions of the (typically Temple and Indoril related, neither of which Hlaalu are particular fans of) High Ordinator, and if I could see what he was fighting.

EDIT: On a quick re-glance at the duelists, oh gawd I do believe that's a Tsaesci he's fighting.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Marble? I thought it was supposed to be bronze, the color matches.

Reminds me, can we do a few bronzes for Narsis and maybe a couple other major cities?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I neither know nor care what the material is supposed to be, it looks ugly and is nothing like anything else in MW.

I do not think statues made of bronze would be used anywhere in MW.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

*shrugs* ok, I agree with the ugliness though.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

To Blood,

Yes, what i need is a bit of diversity, but i don't care of the model.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Anything with gold on it needs to go. All the textures on the statues need to go. I guess the azura statue can stay if it's fixed (the staff bleeds into the dress), and the golden saint needs to go, because it's un-lorefriendly and is not a good mesh. The Hlaalu guard riding the thingie-which-I-used-to-know-its-name-but-now-I-dont is cool, but should probably go if we're going to be keeping with lore.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

do you think the hlallu would have a statue of azura? I don't... (especially not with a MH base)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

If anybody would have a statue of Azura, it should be Daedric cultists in daedric shrines. A case could even be made for the Dres, since they're still big on Daedric worship. The Hlaalu aren't particularly big Tribunal zealots, but they wouldn't see the point in angering the Temple by having an icon of an obsolete and unworthy Anticipation.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

My two cents: The Hlaalu are supposed to be one of the richest of the Great Houses, possibly the richest. There's nothing wrong with them being statue-happy. That being said golden nix-hounds, gold-finned slaughterfish, an Ordinator fighting a Tsaesci, Azura and a golden saint don't really seem like the things they'd turn into statues. And I'm pretty sure that that is marble. If not, it must by oxodized bronze, which wouldn't make much sense in such a grand and active city. Bronse normally looks like this:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze[/url]

I'm not sure about the rider, but from what I can see he would look great with a texture change.

Here's what I suggest:

1st picture: Get rid of the golden nix-hounds and change the textures and preferably model of the pillars. 2nd picture: What is that? It looks like a dunmer warrior, which is perfectly fine. The stance is a bit unnatural though, and the statue in general could easily be replaced by another OoT statue; maybe one of the Tribunal. Otherwise, I suggest a change of textures. 3rd picture: Maybe put a fountain there instead? That might be fun. Otherwise, I suggest a saint/Tribunal statue. 4th: I suggest a saint statue. 5th: Keep pool, change pillars texture/model in general and get rid of the slaughterfish. For the last, another saint statue might be nice, or maybe two who seems to be interacting with each other. (Like Saint Olms/Saint Delyn in Vivec). A Tribunal statue could also work here.

Of course, changes in models and textures would probably be done by someone else, so there's no point in talking about them here. And I love how the city is turning out; is the arena also a new model?