q1-47-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

I had totally forgotten about the RR questline. Is it finished? Because I think there were some stuff you wanted me to work on BC.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Not yet finished, I've been thinking of other things, but it's moving up my priority list.

What I needed were the last two quests re/designed. They were a little shaky.

I'd be willing to do it myself.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

No sweat, I'm on it again.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, work on this is being resumed.

Scumbago doesn't appear to have shown with any kind of design of the last couple of quests, so I'm just going to plough on ahead myself. (Unless Scummy shows in, like, the next two days)

Depending on storyline flow and how I get the resolution in place, I may need to cut one of the last two out (the 'chase the secretary' one, which I'm not doing due to Renim being a vital character) if I can't think of a suitable replacement. (The ending journal will still remain TR_m1_RR_MQ_10 1000 or whatever I said earlier, Lud, so no worries there)

Two questions:

ONE - Why was the Ranyon-ruhn Crypt cut from the latest version of Map 1? If it's not for any reason other than uber NPCs/loot or whatever, I intend to reinstate it (or rather, its shell and basic structure, to save us another int. job) as the 'Ranyon-ruhn Catacombs', home of the final boss. (The place'd been bricked up under Mithras' orders (see the house with the journal) due to undead or whatever, but now Telvanni upstart has broken in, through a tunnel dug secretly through Azariah Thelas' house.)

TWO - Lud, does this quest need to be accessible to only Telvanni? Currently it's accessible to Telvanni straightaway, and all non-Telvanni once they've completed two of RR's miscs, per Scumbago's orders. Now that I know it's place in the MQ, I'm wondering if this should be changed?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Well, in relation to the MQ, the point of these quests is to get Mithras to trust you so that he would ask for your help in stopping Rathra.
There's no problem with this being inaccessible to non-Telvanni in my eyes.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Thanks Lud. :))
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Damn my schedule... Go ahead and do as you please BC, but if you can keep it accessible to non-Telvannis, it'd be better imo (why limit the player's accessible quests?).
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Wow, I thought you were going to somehow make it before I started work! :)

Good luck with whatever it is that occupies you, Scumbago. :)

Anyway, the reasoning behind the 'no non-Telvannis' was just because this questline seemed like an important part of the Telvanni side of the mainquest, and was unsure if having Legion players, for example, being able to play it would screw stuff up. But if Lud's okay, it'll be staying non-Telvanni, which is how I'd prefer it, too. It stays more in-line with Mithras' character.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

If it's okay, I still need an answer re: the RR crypt.

EDIT: Just to get some update stuff in here so you know how things are going, I now have all journals implemented, and have all the requisite interiors. All that's needed now is to create baddy NPCs, do one or two scripts and do the dialogue. (One 'do a simple search' mission, one 'brutalise your way through a dungeon' mission, so nothing too complex.)

I'd like to say that this (the RR MQ) would be done by the end of this weekend.

However, I also want to add in a replacement wilderness misc. for Which Witch, and to get some necessary dialogue implemented here (joining and advancement dialogue for those factions that don't have 'em yet, but that have questlines in the forthcoming release (read: pretty much all but Telvanni))

That'll probably mean that the final version of this file will be ready by next-next weekend, but you never know what RL might throw up. I'll try and be as fast as I can.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I don't know why the Ranyon Ruhn crypt has been scrapped and I can't come up with a reason. I would like it if it returns, as it is one of the bigger ancestral tombs in map1.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

It's going back in as the final dungeon for this line, then. I've toned down the 'skull wallpaper' effect in most places, but otherwise it's being preserved as is, with some changes for accessibility and the requirements of the quest.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Have you looked at what happened to it in 23k? The shell is gone! All the detailing is floating in the void... If I had to hazard a guess why it was removed, that would be it.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

No no, that's the half-hearted attempt at removal. Why that stuff all got left behind, I have no idea, but that was just, I believe, a consequence of an attempted removal, for reasons known only to Crunch.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I rather think it was a bug caused by the CS's whimsy. I've had things of that sort happen to me. I'm sure Crunch knows how to delete a whole cell anyway. The way it's now, if you want it back, you'd have to delete the cell and then TESAME it back from the public beta.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Well I really have no idea, I'm just basing my guesses on the fact that I remember reading somewhere that Crunch said he'd remove it, and the fact that the exterior is gone safely. Perhaps you are right, and the demolishment is a cause of the removal, not an effect.

Anyway, because this quest file is still relying on the public release .esm, I can just copy the (still intact) cell into a new one, so no TESAME funkiness is needed.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, apart from one infuriating scripting quirk which I'm trying to get worked out, this is now finished up. (The RR MQ)

Before I post the file, I want to get the faction dialogue (advancement etc.) in, as well as that one more misc, unless you guys really want it for backup.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

BC, could you post your latest file in this thread? Then I can move it to reviewing and everything is at its proper place.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Roger.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Sending this to reviewing then.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Approved, found no errors, a quick and good quest line.