5-4-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

5-4-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-4-Red (#171)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Sir Dave
Files: TR_5-4-Red_Haplo_1.esp; TR_5-4-Red_Sir Dave_4.esp

---

Contains a Dwemer Ruin, and the town of Hla Ruhn. Also contains the southern half of the barrier island, Ladrys Island. Should be general coastal region. Feel free to bring the barrier island closer to the mainland and make it smaller than it appears in the Group Map 5, in order to increase the space between the Mainland and Vvardenfell.

Please download map 5 height map here and work from that:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347
Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked. Average reference count was like 15, and Hla'Ruhn sucked. Also didn't match borders at all. Far from TR quality. If you would like this cut up smaller so you can do a smaller area just ask.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Also, rename the ruin. WTF - Dumac? That Dwarven king's city was Vvardenfell.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I recognize those names from Silgrad tower. I don't know if those places are lore correct. Is Hla'Ruhn called Steadhelm or Ebbedin in ST or don't you know it?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

As I said I don't know if the names are lore, as the deepest I've ever gone into the lore pool is my fingertip. But yeah "Dumac" and "Hla'Ruhn" suck. Something like Kthanzch and whatever means 'Flat Village' in Dunmeri.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

oh my god is this the uber ruin claim?

burn it with fire
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

actually it is.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Could one of you scholars please explain what uber ruin claim means?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

in this context it probably means huge.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

No you don't even know.

This thing was hilarious.

It was like, Dwemer/Velothi/Stronghold combo. Which was enormous. Like superenormous. And there was this whole quest. And it was the most digusting lorebreaking piece of bullshit I'd ever seen and no one cared but Sload was the badguy right?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It has a stronghold, then there's a little Redoran village, Hla'Ruhn, then theres a Dwemer ruin, Dumac. It's not all one big complex. They are all in different cells (and they aren't next to each other either) The only arguable enormity would be the Dwemer Ruin, which is just on the large side. IMO it should go, and Hla'Ruhn and the stronghold should stay where they are (the stronghold could be moved 1 cell northwest). Stanegau village is 1 shack on Ladrys Island... and it should go.

And I'm pretty sure that quest died with the Core that approved it. I don't even remember it.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

It was still on the map for a very long time as I am aware.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

wait, do you mean great house sirrilias' base? the one with the underground imperial fort in the cave willed with lava and the scripted stone draw bridge that was staffed by ebony clad uber people, had redoran and velothi interiors, and was all around poorly made, even including the exterior which as I recall had some sort of dumb magical barrier that I found when I was merging all 6 TR maps to show noir it could be done?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

yes
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

lol, I must have missed the dwemer part. I don't doubt its existence though...
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well if it was on map 5 chances are most if not all of it was cleaned out when I got rid of all the bad shit and NPCs and pathgrids and interiors and ST objects and stuff.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

(Awaiting results of 5-21 review)

This one borders to my 5-21, and could be of interest if my claim is reviewed, accepted and merged. Lots of mountains in this claim.

Does anyone know the link to the map which show what "region" to choose statics from when modding? West Gash or Bitter Coast, ya know...
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Don't think it goes far enough north, but here you go:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=modding_data/maps&image=g/maps/map_mw_sw_textures.jpg
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Link buggy? I can't access it...
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Click the link, then up top in your adress bar, remove the [/url] at the end. Then it will appear.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

SW, NE and SE worked all right, but not NW for some reason. Anyway thanks for the link, I guess those still count...?
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Nemon, wouldn't you rather want to claim one of the two Hammerfell cities? You are really experienced with exteriors and you can mod for oblivion. We from the core really want the work started on those.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

theviking wrote:Nemon, wouldn't you rather want to claim one of the two Hammerfell cities? You are really experienced with exteriors and you can mod for oblivion. We from the core really want the work started on those.
Well. I guess it's about time the Goldmoor region got underway properly. But that would mean me drawing a concept art of whatever city I chose... Maybe I will give it a try.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

nope, not really. the basic concepts are alredy up in the lore forum, so you dont really have to do much. you can feel free to amend if you want to ofcourse.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Post by Hillbilly Man »

This map looks like something I can handle. I looked at it and most of it needs redone. Can I claim it. If you want me to I will claim something else though. As long as if I do something.

I don't know much about claiming but I am ready for it. What do you want done different about 5-4. Just tell me what it is and I will do it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granted. The description is above, use the claims map for how it should look. Details are up to you. 100 minimum reference count for each cell.
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Redo

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Do you want me to redo the whole thing or redo most of it
No, I'm not really a hillbilly

"truly special 10's are to be saved for truly special occasions (like the night you try to get in her pants)" - Lady Nerevar
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That's up to you.

Hillbilly Man
Developer

Post by Hillbilly Man »

I am going to remake the barrier island and add lots of detail but do you want anything moved around. Like the city do you want it in a different cell or the dwarven ruin renamed with a completly different set up.

"truly special 10's are to be saved for truly special occasions (like the night you try to get in her pants)" - Lady Nerevar
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Try to match your claim and the town's location to the claims map as close as possible. So that means you have a specific cell to put Hla'Ruhn in. The Dwemer Ruin should be moved and made way smaller, if even kept. The stronghold complex should be removed completely. Hla'Ruhn should have... ~20 buildings.

Hillbilly Man
Developer

Post by Hillbilly Man »

What about that strange island. Not the island with the Hlaau town on it but the strange island next to it that doesn't show up on any maps.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

the strange island with the strange fortress that perhaps still has the strange forcefield around it?

Kill that with fire
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Haplo, My idiot little sister got ahold of my morrowind disk and scratched it. I won't be able to work on the claim until she gets it fixed. I know this doesn't look good me not even able to carry out my first claim. It is pretty bad messed up and I think I am going to have to buy a new disk. Revoke it if you want but in a week to a couple of weeks, depending on when I get a chance to go to town, I will be able to carry on with the claim.

Nevermind, got a new disk and I am working now.

Hillbilly Man
Developer

Strange Island

Post by Hillbilly Man »

There is this strange island, not the barrier island but this weried island that doesn't appear on the claims map. Do you want me do completly destroy it or just remake it a little. Right now I will completly remove Dumac, inless you want me to keep it. One more thing, shouldn't Hla-Ruhn be a Hlaau town since its a Hlaau claim. I could't picture any Redoran Towns in that area.
Attachments
This is the strange island.
This is the strange island.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Which one is the island? The land in the forefront or the back of the picture? If it's the one that TF mentioned, remove it I'd say.

And Hla'Ruhn is Redoran, because this should be a Redoran claim as it's in Redoran territory.

Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

With regards to the Dumac issue, I think it is actually highly unlikely that the seat of Dumac Dwarf King's power was anywhere near Red Mountain, and rather that was Kagrenac's domain. Dumac was a war hero, a peascemaker, and a stauch defender of the dwarven people, not some doddering fool, and yet by accounts he was unaware of the existence or at least dwarven use Heart of Lorkhan. This would have been nearly impossible for Kagrenac to keep from him had Red Mountain been the home of Dumac's loyal servants and retainers.

I rather think that, considering the kind of mer he was, and that his grandest achievement was to help drive the Nords from Morrowind, a military stronghold in the Northern reaches of Resdayn in striking range of an invading Nord force would have been his last home, or at his most famous residence.

And of course I suppose the question "if this is the home of the most favorite Dwemer ever, why isn't it talked about more often?" begs to be ask. The answer is, of course, that nobody's figured out how to unlock the front door...

That, at least, was my reasoning when I felt like doing something uber-ish and made the ST interior for this. I don't think they added my final version though. I think the ST version still has a bugged script that makes your speakers try to kill you. Sigh.

Anyway, enough of my random rambling.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

If the door to Dumac's city could not be opened, it would be more famous than his city if accessible.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Dumac

Post by Hillbilly Man »

I've not had much time to mod this week so I haven't touched Dumac yet. Do you think it should be a big ruin or a small-average sise ruin. Either way I'm keeping the bridge cause I like the way it crosses over the road to Hla-Ruhn. I already deleted all the stuff on one half of the bridge which lets me make the ruin fit in one cell. I've never seen a ruin other than this one that takes up more than one cell so I thought it should stay that way. I can still make it a pretty big ruin in one cell if you think it should be big. What exactly do you think it should be like.

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

It could be fairly large, so long as it didn't extend out too far. The largest Dwemer populations were on Vvardenfell and in the Velothi mountains so lorewise there is no reason it couldn't be a bit big.