Valentines Day

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Hillbilly Man
Developer

Valentines Day

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Valentines day is coming up. I know this is an oblivion and morrowind forum but I am despratly in need for some help. From what I know about girls I know they love anniverserys. I want to ask this girl out on Valentimes but don't know what to say or how to ask her. There are several girls on this site, I am about 99.99% sure Lady Neraver is a girl. Either way what is your advice.
No, I'm not really a hillbilly

"truly special 10's are to be saved for truly special occasions (like the night you try to get in her pants)" - Lady Nerevar
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Does she know you exist? Is she a friend? Give us the situation
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Ok

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Our school just consoladated with another smaller school. We built a new high school. I am from the bigger high school that had 400 people and she is from the small one with 100 so I haven't known her for my whole life. Me and her have talked in the lunch line every day since Christmas Break, we also have the same class before lunch. She sits by her friends and I sit by mine in that class so we don't talk much there. Either way I make her laugh and I like her and don't know for sure how to ask her out.

"truly special 10's are to be saved for truly special occasions (like the night you try to get in her pants)" - Lady Nerevar
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Then you have 2 options as I see it. Just walk over to her and her friends and ask her out. Confidence is a good thing. Or you can playfully ask her out or you can beat around the bush by saying you wanna get a burger later and study. Just be yourself, be proud of who you are, and be confident. The worse that can happen is she says no but if she does big deal. She may change her mind later, she may not. But it'll be a learning experience
Hillbilly Man
Developer

thanks

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Thanks, should I do anything special considering it's valentines day. I can't take her to get a burger because my town doesn't have a resturat and the town that we go to to get burgers and pizza just got destroyed by a tornado. :)
Is there anything I can do other than walking up to her and her friends.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

yes, i'm a girl :P but i'm probably the worst girl you can ask for advice with chicks, cause i don't understand them either.

at any rate, i recommend just going over and asking her out. be confident, maybe bring her a little something. a nice little romantic valentines day gift would do-- but not too fancy or expensive, that can be rather intimidating imho. being that it is Vday, she will probably be in a romantic mood (unless she is like me and thinks the whole day is a money spending conspiracy) and say yes.

then again, you might wana wait a little bit to know each other better.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

well then if there are no restaurants anywhere near you, then perhaps go walking at the park, beach, downtown, etc. I don't know is this one's too gay but what about making a picnic for your first date?
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Thanks

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Thanks Lady Neraver, where shoud I ask her out at though. The class we have together is health and it would be weried to ask her out in that class. And I do know her pretty well because we talk in the halls some and in the lunch line every day.
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks the day is a money spending conspiracy. And I knew you were a girl! :) :)

EDIT: Hemitheon thats a romantic idea but we live in seperate towns and I don't have a car, plus our small town park isn't that impressive anyways. All there is is some swings, a softball field, a tennis court, a walking trail, and a pond. It is pretty muddy and branches are down all over the place.
Last edited by Hillbilly Man on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

nah, i personally think that a restaurant is too much. its a later in the relationship kinda date me thinks. i'd go with something simpler, movie perhaps, or the mall (or what ever popular hangout places yall have over there). picnic... meh, i think thats too much. i'd say keep it simple to keep her comfortable. doing something really complicated and fancy might intimidate her.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Thanks

Post by Hillbilly Man »

I guess I will ask her to a home basketball game. I know it will be sometime next week. It was sceduled for today but the school we were playing has had half the back of their school ripped off. That is why I can't ask her to the movies or out to eat. The town to the north we always go to has got hit hard by a tornado. Kfc has all it's windos blown out and this good local restorat has a jeep in it. I don't know about the movies but I am assuming it isn't open. Lady Neraver you are right about the picknic. That would be a little intimidating.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

hah, thats what you get for living in the middle of nowhere :P i think a basketball game could be perfect. not too formal and yall will have time to get to know each other better while having fun.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Nowhere

Post by Hillbilly Man »

What do you mean in the middle of nowhere. :):)
My town has 2000 people and my high school 500. Normaly I could go out to eat and to the movies but the town is in real bad shape. You should see it. I don't know when the basketball game will be but if this works I will call you the sex craved blue colored red eyed squriell of love.

By the way to see the tornado's damage and the destroyed KFC google Highland Arkansas Tornado and watch the YouTube video. It shows you why we won't be going to the movies.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

2000 people? You're joking! I thought I lived somewhere with the 7.2 million people in the Bay Area, but god, that just blows me away.

:P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Post by Hillbilly Man »

I kinda like it. I don't even live in the town. I live 5 miles out of town on the top of a hill surrounded by trees and cows. I have no neighbors. The bad thing is there is nothing in my town but a school, a sonic, a small store, 2 gas stations and a subway. That is why we always would go to the town to the north which is now torn up to shop and eat out.

EDIT: I just called my friend and the basketball game is canceled. Any other ideas. I don't think I can ask her on a date but I can still ask her out.

Balthazar
Developer

Post by Balthazar »

what's a sonic when its not a blue hyperactive hedgehog?
[url=http://www.moddb.com/mods/brewlan][img]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad8/BrewLAN/Logo/th_SCmodicon2.png[/img][/url]
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Sonic

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Sonic is a restoraught where you drive your car up to the menu and order without leaving your car. You can't go inside inless you work there. You are from Europe aren't you.

Balthazar
Developer

Post by Balthazar »

Oh, a drive through. Yeah, England. :D
[url=http://www.moddb.com/mods/brewlan][img]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad8/BrewLAN/Logo/th_SCmodicon2.png[/img][/url]
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Sonic

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Sonic is the only place to eat in a small town. You drive up, park your car, order and they bring the food to your car. Then you eat on the way home. Nobody has had a wreck yet so I'm happy. Well, now you know what sonic is. :)

EDIT: Have you seen Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. You are from England and she is one of the British Celeberties I have heard of. Have you seen Stonehenge, and have you been to London. I am just curious like you are about sonic.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

AMG

*facepalm*
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Watch the Beautiful Mind, with Russel Crowe. Check how he flirts the blonde babe in the bar. Memorize and do it.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Treat women like a bratty little sister, they'll love you and be eating out of your hand.

Be sweet and romantic and they'll think you're a stalker creep and want nothing to do with you.

I read on facebook somewhere a girl saying "Spank me, torture me, lick me, do whatever you want, but anymore of this poetry shit and you can shoot me now."

So despite all their complaining, they like men to be dogs.

If you can make them laugh, you're golden.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Well, seeing as how I'm going to be married in about a year I can testify that not all women are sadomasochists, and some of them do like to be treated well. :O

Billy, as the two posts previous to mine are any indication, you're definately asking the wrong people! Just be sinceer and easy going, save the intensity for when she gets more comfortable with you.

Diiner and a movie is so cliche, but I think it's a great date. Sonic is fine for a fist date in my book. You see the movie, and then you have something to talk about over dinner.
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

dude, i agree with eraser. never try to be perfect. if 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest, try to be somewhere around 7-8. too perfect is intimidating, not to mention that you cant keep it up. 8 is still good, and we will still like it, but it is easier for you and for us and gives both parties the opportunity to look forward to something greater. truly special 10's are to be saved for truly special occasions (like the night you try to get in her pants :P).
Spank me, torture me, lick me, do whatever you want, but anymore of this poetry shit and you can shoot me now.
amen sistah!
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Hillbilly Man
Developer

I messed up

Post by Hillbilly Man »

There is a basketball game tonight. In the lunch line today I wanted to ask her to the game but I ended up saying are you going to the game tonight. And she said no I don't have a ride my sister is in Jonesburrow and she won't stop by the house and pick me up. By the way her sister realy was out of town. That is a good sign she didn't lie isn't it.

I now realise I should have asked her if she wanted to ride with me but now even I can't go to the game cause I also don't have a ride. :)

I know most people look at all Arkansas people as a bunch of rednecks that have a million cars but my town isn't like the rest of Arkansas. I don't have a car, I'm not even old enough to drive. And I am not really a hillbilly, I used the name to see how many people would believe there really was a hillbilly at TR.

According to Eraser I am golden due to the fact I can make her laugh, I'm not sweet but I don't lick her. By the way, Lady Neraver I think it is a little early for me to be thinking about getting into her pants. :)
Should I just ask her out at school or should I wait another 3 weeks for state tournament. There will be a lot of home ball games then. Or does anyone have any other advice.

Hillbilly Man
Developer

AMG

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Haplo said: AMG *facepalm*

I know facepalm means annoyance but I am confused on AMG

Is it Athletic Models Guild, Mercedes AMG, Affiliated Manegers Group, or All Movie Guide. :)

Does anyone know what AMG means

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Another facepalm... just edit something into your last post instead of doubleposting... AMG = OMG
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Elfane
Developer

Post by Elfane »

If you wait it may be too late, or just the right time. It is a mistery. My advice is that you make something happen and ask her to come. Since you live in a part of the world that sounds pretty desolate and plain it makes it so much harder.

Ask her to join you and your friends in some activity i.e paintall, horsebackriding, football game ( and yes I mean soccer ) or basketball game for that matter. Then just have fun and hopefully the rest will follow.

Or if you have the balls for it just ask her out you two on an activity. Dont ask her out for a stroll in the woods, it could backfire at you. If you take a wake with someone you dont know that well it is a big possibility that you will run out of subjects to talk about. Silence is not your friend.

When I first asked my girlfriend out it was at the end of a lesson. I walked up to her and asked "You wanna come with me and my friends to the museum and see the new exhibition?" She said yes, but I lied about the friends part, it would be only her and me. Now we have been together for 4.5 years and have a daughter. Not what I planned with my trip to the museum but hey sometimes you get lucky.
Thrignar-Fraxix - elfane, is a CA machine

Elfane's need list - camel & tortoise...
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Well its got to be a good laugh. The idea is to not take it so seriously.

Dinner and/or movie is awefully formal and intimidating, in my experience they always decline. Lunch is infinitely more relaxed. After class works well, especially if its around lunch time. What are you in? high school? college?

Personal example: I get chinese takeout before a class going through lunch. Cute girl across the aisle is starving and makes a remark about having some of mine. Didn't let her pick at my food and said I'd make it up to her. Teased her for a while about food, getting lost on the way to the same chinese place. Then suggested one day to show her the place and get lunch.

Casual, relaxed, confidant. The more they seem pressured, if you're nervous etc the less of a chance you have.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Temporarily out of retirement to spread knowledge of pussy-getting.

You can't make a girl like you, and that's all there is to it. There aren't any tricks or gimmicks that'll work to your advantage and make a girl miraculously want to hang off your arm and dream about what's in your boxers.
Therefore, I want you to completely disregard any and all tricks and gimmicks offered up in this thread by those that aren't well-versed in the behavioral patterns of the fairer sex.
If you can make her laugh, odds are she'll go out with you. Just go up to her, make conversation, ask her what she's doing for valentines day. If she says she doesn't know, or nothing, ask her if she'd like to do something. Don't say "wanna go out?", ask her if she'd like to do something with you. If she says yes, ask her what she'd like to do. Roll with it from there.
If she says she has a date, then you smile and nod and go on with your life.
And if you do manage to get her on a date, don't try to act like you're the coolest thing ever. You'll just end up looking like an ass. Being yourself on the first date is the best way to get yourself a second date.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Hopefully this is not two late, but I'll share how I asked out my first date:

I sent her a pic of a squirrel with a boucay of flowers with the writing under it saying: will u go awt wit me?
She said yes.

It can be as simple as that.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Jedak wrote:I sent her a pic of a squirrel with a boucay of flowers with the writing under it saying: will u go awt wit me?

She said yes.
If it were really that simple, the world would be a happier place. Sadly, I think you might need to refine your technique if you plan on picking up any girl over the age of 18.

Hillbilly, I think the general advice thusfar is unanimous in one respect; that you need to take it easy, be yourself, and be confident. Those things aren't really hard to do if you and the girl in question are connected in any way. And plus, if you aren't old enough to drive yet that means you are still 15 or so. It's much easier to ask someone out at your age (As demonstrated by Jedak.) because they aren't necessarily looking for a lifelong partner. (Which means they don't analyze your every move.)

So, that said, take it easy, and ask her the first chance you get, whether you think it's the ideal time or not.

Let us know how it goes too. Good luck.

And by the way Dex, you are still my idol.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Valentines Day

Post by Hillbilly Man »

These last two days have been the strangest and most unpredictable days of my life. I ordered her some ballons and some flowers in a vase. On the vase I put a picture of Lady Neraver, a blue colered red eyed squrill. In health class she was acting very normal. In the lunch line I asked her if she got any ballons that day and she said no I haven't got any ballons. Then it hit me she may have not got them yet and I wanted it to be a surprise. Then the unexpected happened. This 17 year old ninth grader came up to me and her in the lunch line and gave me a ballon. This disturbed me much considering the ninth grader was a he. He was home schooled and his mom decided he should graduate at a school. When he took the knowledge test he passed at a ninth grade level. Very strange person. She found this very funny that I got a ballon from him and we talked and laughed more that day than any day before.

I went on the rest of the day expecting her to get her ballon and her Lady Neraver Vase and go out with me. That afternoon I started feeling very sick and had to go home. Today I went to school and this morning I passed her in the hall and she said are you feeling better. I said yes I am how was the rest of your day yesterday. She said it was an ordanary day. Then I went to class and asked one of my friends if she got a Lady Neravine Vase. He said no. Then at lunch my friend was trying to be funny so he grabbed a purse and put it on my books. I had no Eartly idea whose it was so I moved it off of my books. Then I went to the ballon place and asked if my order was delivered. They said that it must have been sent to the wrong person or lost. That irrated me greatly. Then I get called to the office. I have no idea what the deal was, the camra showed me in the possession of stolen property. When I moved the purse off my books onto the other half of the table I was in the possession of it. Now me and my friend have 3 hours of D-Hall. To make my day worse she got the stomach flu too and had to go home. I never got a chance to ask her out or even tell her about the ballons and the Lady Neravine Vase. I guess I will have to do it on monday. These have been 2 busy days. :)

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Reminds me of last year... I think you must have sent the baloons to the 17 year old. A sweet idea. Its a shame that things didn't go to plan - another thing that reminded me of the valentines day a year back...

Ah well, as long as you'll be truthful to her and be nice it sounds like only good can come out of it: Keep this in mind - it wont be hard for her to say yes if you have something between each other. A relationship based on friendship is the best type of relationship.

Hillbilly Man
Developer

Wise

Post by Hillbilly Man »

Jedak my guess is you are a fellow freshman based on your vast knowledge of freshman culture.

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Hillbilly Man wrote:Jedak my guess is you are a fellow freshman based on your vast knowledge of freshman culture.
Whaa? I'm fourteen! In fact, there's no such thing as a 'freshman' here in Australia so how would I know any sort of culture? :P

Hillbilly Man
Developer

Post by Hillbilly Man »

I meant you talk like a freshman, or ninth grader. :)

Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Just what were you trying to accomplish with L_N's avatar?

A 17 year old at a 9th grade level? gotta be special ed.

I'd have unleashed hell if my school had tried to punish me for possesion of stolen property simply for someone else putting a stolen bag with my things. If they had that on camera they damn well would have had your friend taking it and putting it with your stuff on camera clearing you of any blame. Overzealous zero tolerance bullshit....
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Hillbilly Man wrote:ninth grader
Uhm, what?
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

O hell no!! You call up that flower shop and bitch them out. Compensation? Refund? the fact that Valentine's Day was a complete disaster because of their negligence and incompetence. And don't talk to some stupid part-timer. Talk to the manager and if the manager is being a bitch, say that's ok. You'll be contacting the owner about the inability of the manager to maintain her "oh-so-difficult" position as head cashier. If she is the owner, then oh well you could either file small claims or let it go and letting it go would be the easiest and cheapest.
Hillbilly Man
Developer

Ninth Grader

Post by Hillbilly Man »

The 17 year old ninth grader was home schooled up till now. He should be in special ed but he isn't. The bad thing is he trys to talk to me all the time and I try my very best to avoid him. The reason I plan to use Lady Neravine's avatar is Jedak told me to. He used a picture of a squrill and it worked so why not. By the way I contacted the flower shop and they said the flowers were delivered.
About 15 minutes ago I got a phone call from a 11th grade girl saying thank you you are so sweet. She shared the same name as the girl I like. Apparently the ballons were delivered to the wrong person. I guess when I said her name they automaticly thought it was to the starting home coming queen basketball player. I wasn't about to tell the older girl that just noticed me they wern't for her but at the same time I like the girl in my grade a lot and wanted her to have the ballons. In the end the older girl said she had a boyfriend and didn't want to go out with me but now all of a sudden likes me as a friend and I didn't want to go out with her in the first place. Now what should I say to the girl I like. That I sent them to the wrong girl. :)