Quest type:
 NPCs:
 Dialogue:
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_q1-69-Imp_groza528_1.esp 51.8 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_q1-69-Imp_groza528_2.esp 52.7 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Seeing as I've already started working on this (as discussed with Lud), I figured I should probably put up a thread to track my progress. This will pretty much be exactly as I described it in the Guild and Factions thread, with the addition that the reward for TG6 will be cursed, by Lud's suggestion, based on the premise that Eldale would certainly try to screw over the imperial guilds in any way she could.

Link is here: http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18126&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Could someone please move this to claimed for me?
Last Edited by Lud
(Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:29 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

Oh right, location is not accurate (again.) TG will be based out of "Firewatch, Howling Noose"
Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:30 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lud
Developer Emeritus
27 Aug 2004

Sorry Groza, forgot to put this thread up for you.
Moving to claimed.
Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

Thanks Lud. No worries; you've got plenty on your plate Smile
Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:33 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

I have the first two quests done and parts of the later ones. I've also put in the dialogue for joining the guild and paying the price on your head (Mostly direct copies of Vv dialogue.)

I'll be away this weekend, but I brought my laptop. I'm not sure how much time I'll have, which basically means one of two things:
1. I won't get anything done until I get back Sunday night.
2. I'll finish the Thieves Guild (the quests are really not terribly involved to make, at least the first four. A lot of Thieves Guild quests only take two journal entries.) and move on to the Mages Guild. This may or may not come with an update before I get home.

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:53 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

I'm having a bit of trouble scripting the "Almsivi Intervention on Other" scroll. I think the trouble is related to the fact that books behave differently in terms of activating and equipping and such. Would appreciate if someone could take a look and help me out here.
Also, how do I play a sound? I wanted to play a teleportation sound but "playsound mystC" gave me an error that the sound was not found. What do I need to put in for the sound instead?

Here's the script I have now:
Code:

begin TR_m1_q_MalaInterventionScript

short OnPCEquip

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
   if ( player->GetItemCount TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention < 1 )
      disable
      player->additem TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention 1
   else
      if ( player -> GetDistance TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas > 256 )
         MessageBox "You must be closer to Mala Mirandus to use this scroll." "Okay."
         set wasActivated to 0
         Return
      else
         messagebox "Cast Almsivi Intervention on Mala Mirandus?" "Yes" "No"
         set button to GetButtonPressed
         if ( button == 0 )
            journal TR_m1_TG_MalaMirandus 20
            TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas->disable
            player -> removeitem TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention 1
            if ( GetDetected Player == 1 )
               modPCCrimeLevel 1000
               messagebox "Your crime was reported"
            endif
         elseif ( button == 1 )
            set wasActivated to 0
            Return
         endif
      endif
   endif
endif

End TR_m1_q_MalaInterventionScript

Other than that, this is all but done.
edit: I am aware that the character is named "Mala MirandUs" but the ID is "Mala MirandAs." That's my fault for putting my dialogue under the wrong topic. I just changed the NPC's name rather than go through all my dialogue and fix it; if it doesn't sound breton enough anymore I think I can fix it up without too much hassle.

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:54 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

The workaround for "using books" is in MWSD8 page 143 and 144. I have no practical experience with this problem. If you haven't solved it by tomorrow evening though I'll look at it.

Sound issue:
code should be:
Code:
player->PlaySound3D "mysticism cast"
TeleportingNPC_ID->PlaySound3D "mysticism hit"

This plays the casting sound from the PC and the mysticism hit noise from the NPC. Sound playing functions use sound ID's not wave file names. ID's can be found in the Gameplay->Sounds menu.

-Starcrunch
Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

I think the script on pg. 144 should work. Thanks!
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

I'm getting closer. Now instead of doing nothing, it brings up the appropriate messagebox and waits for me to hit a button. THEN it does nothing. That includes closing the messagebox. The messagebox stays open no matter what button I press, which has the effect of freezing the game in the inventory screen.

Here's the current incarnation of the script:
Code:
Begin TR_m1_Q_MalaInterventionScript

short OnPCEquip
short PCSkipEquip
short Casting
short MessageOn
short button

if ( MessageOn == 1 )
   MessageBox "You must be closer to Mala Mirandus to use this scroll." "OK"
   if ( button == 0 )
      set Casting to 0
      set MessageOn to 0
      Return
   endif
elseif ( MessageOn == 2 )
   MessageBox "Cast Almsivi Intervention on Mala Mirandus?" "Yes" "No"
   if ( button == 0 )
      journal TR_m1_TG_MalaMirandus 20
      TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas->disable
      playsound "mysticism cast"
      player -> removeitem TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention 1
      if ( GetDetected Player == 1 )
         modPCCrimeLevel 1000
         messagebox "Your crime was reported"
      endif
      set Casting to 0
      set MessageOn to 0
   elseif ( button == 1 )
      Set Casting to 0
      set MessageOn to 0
      Return
   endif
endif

if ( Casting == 1)
   if ( player -> GetDistance TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas > 256 )
      set MessageOn to 1
      Return
   else
      set MessageOn to 2
   endif
endif

if ( PCSkipEquip == 1 )
   set PCSkipequip to 0
   set Casting to 1
   Return
endif

End TR_m1_q_MalaInterventionScript

On an unrelated note, another book-related glitch is rendering TG2 impossible. See the object error reporting thread for details.

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
groza528
Developer Emeritus
24 May 2004

This is ready for merge and review.

Cell changes to be made:
- Replace the Telvanni guard at the PT slave market with my unique TR_m1_q_slaveguard
- Unlock the wine cellar in "Firewatch, Queen's Cutlass" (most storage areas aren't locked up like that. At the very least reduce the lock level severely.)
- Unlock the door to Angon Sadas's bedroom, which is occupied. Bedrooms are not typically locked in MW. (Sadas Plantation, Angon Sadas' Manor)
- Lower the lock level on Angon Sadas's closet (in his bedroom) to, say, 50.

Known issues:
- I haven't done anything with advancement yet because there are no requirement settings for any of the ranks. Currently if you talk about advancement it will say "You are the %PCRank, %PCName." (Normally it will only say that if you're master thief, but it's kind of funny to hear "You are the Toad.")
- Some dialogue topics have a piece that says [dialogue placeholder]. This is for cases such as when Silniel has no more jobs for you and she's supposed to tell you where the other TG bosses are, but so far there are no other TG bosses.
- Stealing "The Weight of Guilt" is impossible due to a glitch in the spellbooks. My next priority is trying to get the spellbooks to work properly. In the meanwhile, use the console command "player->additem TR_bk_WeightOfGuilt 1" for testing purposes.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
theviking
Developer Emeritus
08 Jan 2007

Approved, only kill the messenger remains of the old quests in reviewing.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:34 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group