i3-512-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-512-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-512-Ind (#1607)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-17-Ind (#121)
Claimed by: daedren
Files: TR_i3-512-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-512-Ind_daedren_1.esp; TR_i3-512-Ind_daedren_2.esp

---

Shack 01. Home to a trader/transporter type person
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Where is this sack exactly located? Is its exterior already placed on the map 3?
-- "From the heart, the light; from the head, the law." - Excerpt from "Book of Dawn and Dusk"

-- The Elder Scrolls will become even better with Tamriel Rebuilt.

-- Thanks to Minttu Hynninen - creator of my avatar - who gave me permission to use it.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Press the accurate map above the discription and look for that cell in map 3. Look at the cell coordinates to see where the shack lies.
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

thanks!

I may claim this one on Saturday... I don't know... We'll see... May be I'll check the other interiors first... But this is an option I may take...
-- "From the heart, the light; from the head, the law." - Excerpt from "Book of Dawn and Dusk"

-- Thanks to Minttu Hynninen - creator of my avatar - who gave me permission to use it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No need to inform us ahead of time :-P In fact we discourage mentioning which interiors you wish to claim beforehand somewhat because it can lead to confusion and people stepping on (or thinking they are stepping on) other modders' toes.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Oops... sorry... you're right... I don't even know if I'll claim this one... I'm thinking.

It won't happen again... ;)

daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

I will make a shack owned by a trader. It will have some crates and barrels with some supplies that he will transport soon to Vvardenfell. He's poor, but he has a good business. I will also put a hammock and some clutter. The shack won't have too much clutter (as he's poor), but it will have some things thrown onto the ground. He's not very organized :)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granted
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

That shack is a bit difficult... the ground is very irregular... When I'm placing barrels and a table or something like that, I can't get then to rest on the ground properly: I have to make them bleed a little. Is that right to do in this situation? As the ground is made of sand, I think these statics can bleed a little into it...

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

If you double-click the thing you are trying to place, you can manually set the rotation to any value you want. When placing items on the ground, I usually need to set the rotation to a maximum of 3.5 degrees in any one direction.

That said, some things like furniture will have to bleed slightly on one or two legs.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Nomadic1 wrote:If you double-click the thing you are trying to place, you can manually set the rotation to any value you want.
But remember, always close that editing window by hitting Escape or clicking on the cross button. Never click on "OK". The reason is that the values for position and rotation are adjusted in real time, and if you click "OK" then what it does is edit the base object rather than the reference. In other words, it makes your plugin dirty and then you have to clean it...
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Yeah you're right... Happily I've always done like that... I think that when I started modding, I read that in a tutorial, and I've never forgotten that!

daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

I'm here to say that I'm progressing slowly with my claim, cause I'm trying to make it as good as I can. I'm very cautions concerning to rotation degrees...

Anyway, here is a screen of the progress done so far... It's not detailed yet, and I will add some crates and other things, but it's getting better... :) When I become more skilled, I'll mod faster than now!

Yesterday I couldn't mod. I have been out all the day...
Attachments
an overview on the shack
an overview on the shack

daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

I took a few more screens for you to see how it's developing. I'm starting to detail the shack with clutter now :)

Hope you like it.
Attachments
TR_i3-512-Ind - Progress image_5.JPG
TR_i3-512-Ind - Progress image_4.JPG
TR_i3-512-Ind - Progress image_3.JPG

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Yeah. A bit of advice, though: for screenshots and stuff, it's better to host them on http://www.imageshack.us/ (or photobucket, if you have an account there) so as to save a bit of space and bandwidth on the TR servers. :)
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

ok... sorry for that :)

daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Here it is... The finished interior. It's my first claim ever for TR! I'm very happy to be here, helping for such a wonderful project!

Please, if you find anything wrong, let me know. If I know the mistakes, next time I won't make them again.

I hope it's good! :)

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

ZOMGREVIEW!

Please PM the review to Daedren as he asked for it.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: No
Loading errors: No

Review:
- You rotate the northmarker to north with respect to the interior, not rotate the interior to north with respect to the northmarker. While in a shack it isn't that big a problem, it is for ints made from tiles. If you are confused, load up a normal Bethesda int. The interiors themselves are placed to a standard unrotated grid, and then the northmarker is rotated to north with respect to the entrance or building, whichever the case may be
- Don't create new containers when stock Bethesda or TR-added containers will do
- Replace the guides to Vivec and Vvardenfell to something somebody living as far away from there as this guy is would have

Comments IMO send this back to Daedren so he can finish it right.

Rating 6 / 10
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Updated... :)

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

resubmitted
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
- When cleaning the esp you have to remove all things in the list that do not appear in your int
- Wall bleeds through bottom of door
- Replaced chest with de_p_chest_02_mclothes3
- furn_de_p_table_04 floats on one end
- tr_misc_stn_bowl_01 is, for the time being, a dodgy mesh which cannot be placed in interiors. Replaced
- Ground bleeds through the baskets
- common_pants_04_b not "F"ed twice
- furn_de_ex_stool_02 floats on one end
- TR_furn_bottle_b00 bleeds into the ground
- TR_furn_barrel_top01 bleeds into barrel
- Adjusted the placement of a few items
- Replaced the remaining custom containers with stock ones. There wasn't a reason why any of them needed to be unique

Comments
Good first claim for TR. :] You didn't pick an easy thing to do either (a shack and de_p furniture with their notoriously uneven surfaces) and most of the errors are ones not made with more experience (like the stoneware bowl or the pants).

BTW: you placed the northmarker at the precise angle it should be. I see that very rarely. :)

Rating 8 / 10
Attachments
TR_i3-512-Ind_daedren_2.esp
(5.52 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Nomadic1 wrote:- tr_misc_stn_bowl_01 is, for the time being, a dodgy mesh which cannot be placed in interiors. Replaced
Actually if you are very careful and bleed it exactly the right amount it is fine. I use it all the time and always have.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I hope it doesn't matter anyway, now that I think about it. I reported the problem with those bowls, so hopefully they'll be be a non-issue.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

是認する