i3-90-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yay, finally this is finished. It had heavy detailling so i had to do that to all the new tiles. I also found out by downloading a new map3 that the door that leads to western gate quarter isn't going to work; there is a building in front of it. So the only two ways to enter this building are the entrance near the fighters guild on the sarethan quarter and the guild guide.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

TO THE PIT!
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Reviewing...
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Dammit. I lost the review on the Bank of Tamriel. But the gist was floaters and bleeders, a disappearing desk, and unlocked stuff. Also for the vaults I suggested maybe splitting off the vault floor and putting it into a new int cell so the doors can be scaled the same as BS did and fit in the frame properly without being visible on the floor below.

Guild of Fighters: (renamed the cell to be consistant with BS)
- de_r_closet_01_g1 bleeds
- wooden shield... delete if placed like that
- TR_misc_dice bleed and float
- Removed empty bottles from winerack

Guild of Mages:
- TR_cont_De_vase_01_food bleeds
- Furn_de_rug_big_01 floats
- TR_flora_Alm_flower04b bleeds into sweetbarrel
- Jiggled around with other flowers

Guild of Mages, top floor:
- furn_de_r_chair_03 bleeds
- Another desk disappeared
- Scrolls bleed into missing desk
- Another disappearing desk

All rooms aren't linked. I didn't link them though because I'm not entirely sure how they all come together.

Comments Nice overall. It seems a little strange that the Fighters' Guild sleeps better than the Mages' Guild.

Rating 8.5/10
Attachments
TR_i3-90-Ind_theviking_3.esp
(96.95 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I've just discovered, this interior has no location. It was replaced by i3-186. Moving this to N/A until this i3-90 can be used somewhere in Almalexia.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Unlocking - Follow the Claim Description please; ignore the posts in the thread.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I claim. Grandiose, noble, tons of flowers, a minor library, reading room, audience chamber, bedrooms, private chapel, etc. Basically I want to make an awe-inspiring manor.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granting
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Haplo, if you download i3-186 you'll see that the tower I've built i3-90 for clearly isn't in the interior. It doesnt have a door yet to the outside so we should add one. The interior I've made is a separate claim from i3-186! So please add a claim for it. You made me think all my hard work was in vain and that really sucked.

@Hemitheon; sorry, this has nothing to do with your claim but Haplo hijacked my claim only because it lacked a door to the exterior.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Could you rephrase that? It utterly confused me 0.o

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'll rephrase it for him. Put in a bloody door. :] And it also kinda implies that theviking's claim was crap enough to be scrapped unceremoniously (which it wasn't).

Interior i3-186 is the Ordinator's Prison Complex (which I made and remember quite well). When I claimed that, and even when I finished it, i3-186 was the building that had the big gate and the two smaller wings on both sides and nothing more.

This claim, i3-90, has always been the big tower building to the east of i3-186 (even when new claims were put up with overlapping and different numbering and no mention made of the obsolescence of the older claims). However nobody ever put in a door on the exterior for it (and I raised the point about it quite a few times in threads and in PMs - what excuse is there for why a door was never added?).

In the end we decided to make this the FG, MG and BoT building with the understanding that doors to the exterior would be added with merging.

In summary: merge theviking's int, and add a door. If the building you reopened the claim as needs an int, do it in a new claim.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Ah. I see. Problem fixed!

Hemitheon, your new claim is here:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19207

And theviking's claim has been merged.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The only couple of doors that werent linked were the two that were linking the mages guild together.
Attachments
TR_i3-90-Ind_theviking_3.esp
(97.02 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks, merged

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

When is this int going to be revoked due a new interior?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Right now. But... which interior is this in Almalexia?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

My suggestion is the MG, which has a guild thing hanging outside.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Claiming this, as the new MG building.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Granting, as the new MG building.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just want to let you know you're almost a week from the 30-day update mark.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Posted a file. Basic shell work. This place is complicated ;)
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I'm having some trouble making a good atrium. Anyone got any good ideas?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

You could check out my Council Hall claim. I made quite a few of them and they worked out pretty well.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Whoops, Aeven this needs an update ASAP or revoke.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Claiming this. Should contain a spectacular atrium, living quarters and library besides the rooms used for actual spell casting.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Have at it. Provide a WIP file as soon as you can, I want to see that you're making this interior as awesome as it can be.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Please post in the next week or this will be revoked. This needed an update months ago.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

revokerd
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Should this int still be worked on, given where we are with Almalexia?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

So... By the looks of the esp attached, Aeven didn't get very far with this one... I've been eyeballing it. Is there a picture of the exterior? Or just the accurate map and then I have to DL Map 3 and go find it myself? Not claiming yet! Just want to have a look :-P

Edit: Why has helped me out. Thanks Why
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Locking until we finish Almalexia's new exterior.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Unlocking, let the healing begin.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Sweet! "First" Almalexia claim! What a treat, if this is still up for grabs by the time I submit my two current INT's I'll gladly take this. But in the meantime, anyone else who wants it can go ahead.

I take it this means Alma is done or close to? :D That's some exciting progress!
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Re: .

Post by Nemon »

Tyrant wrote:I take it this means Alma is done or close to? :D That's some exciting progress!
Sort of. The city requires a little bit of detailing and cleaning up, but the layout is complete and ready to be filled with interiors.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I am a monster for sabotaging myself by claiming this. Claiming nonetheless.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Have at it Jule.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Oh, exciting! A little request, can it have some sort of central lecture hall / demonstration area? Not your typical classroom with benches, but an open space NPCs can manoeuvre around more easily.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Sure thing.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Jule: just so that you know what you're up to, here is the current plan for the Almalexia MG questline. These don't translate into any concrete requirements on the int, so I think you still have most of your freedom, but I guess it's good to know this before starting. (Maybe it'll provide some inspiration.)

And yes, Why's request will help a lot. The Imperial envoy would probably not have held his talk in the central town square!

-------------------------------------------------------

Updated Almalexia questline concept

Still far from polished.
I am not color-coding changes anymore, as that didn't really help readability...

I think the lower and the upper questline should be numbered differently (like TR_m3_MG_Alma1_* and TR_m3_MG_Alma2_* where 1 is for lower and 2 for upper), as they really don't have much to do with each other and it will take most players a long time to get from the former to the latter.

------

The lower questline

Due to Tribunal, I expect people to wind up in Almalexia at very low levels with barely the skills to fend off an assassin. So there should be entry-level quests here. I believe a good way to handle newbs is to gently push them towards the West (from Almalexia to Othrensis, from there to Roa Dyr, from there to Almas Thirr, from there to OE, from there to Teyn and Andothren): there shouldn't be very obvious hand-holding, but the quests that sound easy and doable should involve some moving west (e. g., deliver a message to someone in Roa Dyr), and dialogue should suggest to the player that there is some work for him over there.

There are two political scandals involving the MG happening when the player arrives in Morrowind. Each of them warrants a dialogue topic, I think.

Almalexia: First, an Imperial envoy visited the Almalexia MG and held a lecture about necromancy (of all things). Opinions differ whether this was a targeted provocation or just Imperial stupidity, but it had a surprisingly strong effect. The envoy and the archmagister were arrested by the ordinators. The envoy has been executed, the archmagister still in jail (it is not easy to find something against him to allow execution, but the ordinators aren't giving up that easily). Different NPCs with different allegiances should give different views on this story.

Old Ebonheart: The vaults of the OE MG (must still be int-ed) have been broken into, and lots of powerful and dangerous artefacts stolen. Some of these (LadyN suggested passwall scrolls; I also think of paralysis weapons and magical fire bombs) have already been used by unknowns to wreak havoc, so people are concerned and the whole thing is blamed on the MG by those with anti-Imperial positions. Again, what you get told depends on whom you ask.

The upper questline will be all about solving the first of these scandals. The OE questline (which will be a prerequisite to the former) will be about solving the second of them. Either way, it is clear that the MG has become unpopular among the locals, and you're to fix this mess.

TR_m3_MG_Alma1_Lock: Jammed Trust (any better title?)

First MG quest: A local has misplaced/broken the keys to a chest in his house, and he is asking the MG to open the lock with magic. (Possibly he has broken the lock in such a way that he thinks it can't even be picked anymore. Like, parts of the key are stuck in the lock. Should be doable with scripting.) The MG steward gives you an open-15-on-touch scroll, and some good(!) path description to the customer's house. (The path can be chosen in such a way that the player passes through some other points of interest, like the Fighters Guild, but it should be described well enough and precisely. Getting lost in Almalexia isn't fun, and we should use path descriptions to give players a guided tour of this metropolis.) Once the player has opened the thing, the journal tells to report to the customer directly (not to the MG). The customer reveals that he, too, is in the Mages Guild, and that quest was a test of reliability. This is important because a number of thugs and agent provocateurs have joined the MG lately and have damaged its reputation beyond easy repair. In particular, this is why they're getting barely any contracts anymore and thus the player gets so few quests. But it's probably too early to unload this info on the player. If the player stole something from the container, he gets kicked out of the MG; otherwise, he is said to go back and receives some small reward and a spell book with low intelligence requirements: let's say TR_bk_SeekingHome (teaches night-eye). He is told how spellbooks work, and that he can raise his int temporarily by a fortify-intelligence potion (I've put one into the mainland Mages guild supply chest). Note that this is a kind of tutorial quest, demonstrating both the use of spellbooks and of the supply chest.

If the player already has a nontrivial rank in the Mainland MG, this first quest is skipped.

TR_m3_MG_Alma2_Lock: At a loss for words

A real contract now. A noble or merchant somewhere in Almalexia has asked the MG via some kind of emissary to help him restore his speechcraft skill. It is gravely damaged (down to 5 maybe, by some poison from an enemy) and he hesitates to even go outside lest his reputation of a good speaker becomes shattered. So he isn't going to the guild; you have to come to him. The guild steward teaches you a restore speechcraft spell (on self, 2 pts for 5 sec), and tells you to create a custom on-touch version of this spell at a spellmaker's (this allows you to fine-tune the spell to your skills). ALTERNATIVELY, if the guild steward him/herself is a spellmaker, you get an on-touch version immediately (why complicate things), but you still are told to use spellmaking if you can't cast that spell yet.

Once you're done helping the noble, you get some minor reward from the MG; let's say a Telvanni cephalopod helm (that's a weak light helm whose main advantage is good enchantability) enchanted with constant effect weakness to magicka 10 pts on self (oops). The steward explains you that the less-than-useful enchantment (a waste of a perfectly good helm and soul gem) is the handiwork of some of their new novices they suspect to be planted by some adversary of the MG. (This continues the "agent provocateur" theme from the first quest.) He/she hopes you'll still find some use for it, even if as vendor trash, and that he/she will be able to give you better rewards once the MG is no longer under fire anymore.

TR_m3_MG_Alma3_Lock: Bleak prospects

By now you (= the player) have proven the ability to execute simple tasks without using them as an occasion to rob people blind. The guild steward asks you to recruit a new guild guide for the MG. The MG has no guild guide (a good way to somewhat restrict the travel options of the low-level player; of course, there are still many other ways to go around Morrowind), as the last one (Effe-Tei, whom the player should definitely know: it's the Tribunal NPC that sends him back to Ebonheart) is now on duty in the Royal Palace.

You get a shortlist of people who might be fit for the job. You can also ask Effe-Tei and get another shortlist. Only one person (in the intersection of these two lists) is (generally) willing/able at all. But this person is not willing to work with the MG given the current state of affairs. Tensions are rising between the MG and authorities in the city (particularly ordinators and House Indoril, to be explained later), and there might even be a crackdown on the MG for which he doesn't want to be the fall guy. He tells you all this briefly and is surprised that you didn't already know of that. You return to the guild with this disheartening information.

Now the steward has to explain you that, yes, there are some... troubles. There's this Almalexia scandal involving the envoy necromancer, and the ordinators are zealously collecting compromate against the MG. But he doesn't believe it's all about necromancy and heresy; he rather thinks somebody is behind these accusations, trying to push Imperials out of Almalexia. He tells you that, at the current sorry state of affairs, he cannot give you any further work, and indeed it might be safer if you leave the Indoril lands for the west, since Indoril lands could become a dangerous ground for mages in the future. Particularly he tells you to go to Andothren and OE for important work. He might drop you a hint about the OE break-in, and that your help at there will be very useful, since it will free up resources to work on the Almalexia political battle.

This particular steward (the Almalexia one, not the OE one) might be more helpful than your average questgiver, and (1) describe the path to OE (the easy one, through the mountain pass) in detail, (2) tell you at which point you can shorten your walk by casting Divine Intervention (I figure mages love this trick), and (3) give you some mildly useful items for your way (healing potions, a ring of fireball-1-pt-for-6-sec?). Your next quests you get in OE and Andothren.

The lower questline is now done. In gameplay terms, of course, the Indoril lands are safe, but this guild steward WANTS you to help out Andothren and OE before going (say) to Akamora, because the former are more important.

The higher questline NOT FINAL IN ANY WAY!!!

You don't get any further quests from this steward until you have (1) figured out who was behind the break-in at the Old Ebonheart guild (this should be near the end of the OE MG questline, which is not really thought over yet) and (2) helped the Andothren Mages Guild rally support among the Hlaalu (this is about the middle of the Andothren MG questline).

Once these requirements are satisfied, you can again get quests in the Almalexia MG. These are all about defusing the conflict with the Indoril.

Yes, Indoril. As the OE quests have shown, it wasn't simple thieves who broke into the MG. Or actually it was, but they had a mission from Indoril nobility.

Now I'm thinking of an Indoril noble family who had the most self-sacrifices during the Imperial conquest of Morrowind, and as a consequence of it, rather than rising in regard and influence, it only lost power and land (because more or less everybody who had any strength of character took part in that suicide pact). It is now centered in Almalexia, with little to no real estate elsewhere, and the current generation are trying to get back the influence they (think they) deserve.

How do you rise in influence if you are an Indoril? Exactly, you prove yourself able to withstand an Imperial provocation. Particularly if you are an epigone of one of the most anti-Imperial families in the history of Indoril. Some of the family's members have joined the Ordinators and are the driving force against the MG in Almalexia, whereas others are stirring up the public opinion against the MG. The former part of the family is well-respected among the Ordinators (due to their zeal and, of course, their forefathers' heroism), while the latter are not very successful yet, so they are trying more and more desperate means. One of these involved this Grand Theft in OE. Whether it actually works (in the sense of making people hate the MG) should be left to the claimer to decide. Anyway, now that the thieves have been found, you know who commanded them, although you don't know all the gory details yet.

Before I go into details, here is how I imagine the main actors on the Guild side:

- Guild steward in Almalexia: diplomatic, calm, prefers to err on the side of inaction rather than take some risks too serious. Not surprisingly, since he would be the first to suffer from any Indoril action now that the archmagister is jailed.

- Ethalvora, guild steward in Andothren: an enthusiastic researcher (with a professional interest in Daedric shrines, which alas doesn't make her very popular in Almalexia), bellicose (as in: doesn't turn down a challenge) and, to some extent, arrogant (although not from a racial viewpoint like many Altmer). At some point you will have to convince her to move to Almalexia to help out solving the conflict. She will be the antipole to the Almalexia guild steward, offering you the more ballsy and risky options to some of the quests.

- Guild steward in Old Ebonheart: I'm unsure of the role he(/she?) will play. He will probably have his hands full with the problems the MG is facing in OE since the robbery.

Most of the following are (in no particular order) the quest ideas brainstormed on #tamriel by Why and me within the last three months or so. The others have never seen any kind of feedback or reality check, so expect the worst.

- You are to help a group of inquisitors fighting a Daedra summoner in a cave somewhere not too far away. It's not like you have been invited, but for some reason the MG got wind of the planned action, and wants to help in order to show goodwill to the Ordinators (i. e. show that the MG, too, is on the side of the Law etc.).
So you go into the cave and fight along with the inquisitors (who are somewhat surprised about your presence). Once the summoner is dead, one of the inquisitors sardonically asks you why you just helped them eliminate a conjurer while your guild teaches people to summon Daedra on a regular basis. You have to choose between some more and less reasonable replies along these lines:
(A) The summoner attacked us first. (Inquisitors are OK with this, but not very happy.)
(B) Knowledge itself is not good or evil; the question is whether it is used in accordance with the teachings of Almsivi. (Inquisitors are happy with this if you're in the Temple; otherwise they see it as the hypocrisity which it probably is.)
(C) Only the strong should be allowed to summon Daedra. (Not a good idea.)
(D) The summoner broke Imperial law. (Not a good idea either.)
(E) The summoner broke the law of Morrowind. (OK. This is the answer that they don't want to hear, because it doesn't give them any attack surface, but they can't do anything about it.)
The choice has no direct consequences (the inquisitors won't attack you no matter what you say), but it plays a role later on.

- You are to go to Fort Lutemoth and possibly also Shadowmoth and Septim's Gate, to inform the Imperial Legion of what's brewing up in Almalexia. You should convince the Legion that this is important not only for the MG.

- Inform the guild stewards of the other chapters about what's going on. Ethalvora of Andothren decides to heed the call and goes to Almalexia to help along with the diplomacy, fearing that the Almalexia guild members would behave too defensively if left to their own devices. Other stewards give some opinions and offer or promise some help. I don't know what this help would be, though.

- This is merely a skeleton of a quest: A former MG member has left the guild and joined House Indoril, where he rose to some influence (nothing extraordinary, though). He has a manor somewhere (M3A8?). You are to find out whether he is part of the ongoing action against the Guild. You can talk to his servants or to the locals or just to himself. The servants and the locals describe him as a quite friendly and helpful landlord ("tolerant" is probably not something Indoril would say, at least not meaning it in a positive way), thus directing you to him. So you ask him directly. He tells you that he has abandoned the Imperial ways because he found them foolish and disintegrating, although he doesn't blame the outlanders for their naivete (he isn't the kind of Indoril who sees it as a conspiracy to destroy Morrowind!), and in particular, he has nothing against the Guilds, and is certainly not taking part in any provocations or inappropriate actions against them. He might give you the first insights into the anti-Imperial cabal, but (1) he himself doesn't know too much, and (2) he wants to stay neutral, so he isn't going to help much.

Note: In my understanding of House Indoril, this is a very moderate version of the Indoril position. I hope it is not too moderate. He might be a useful contact person if the player himself decides to join House Indoril. He might be slightly condescending but he shouldn't be aggressive at all, unless the player himself mucks up.

- Just an idea: An MG scholar has been imprisoned, on false accusations, somewhere outside of Almalexia. (Do Almas Thirr, Roa Dyr or any of the M3A8 towns have something like jails? Needs not be anything with a prisonmarker, but just a guard tower with jail cells should be enough. It should only be under some kind of Indoril control.) The Alma guild steward orders you to pay a visit to him, pledging him support and telling him not to give in. (The fear is that he might be strong-armed into false confessions that can harm the MG in Almalexia.) Ethalvora, however, has a simpler idea: just free the guy. How exactly this all works depends on what jail we use.

Note: As I said, we need a jail (can be some holding cells in a guard tower, or in somebody's manor) operated by some Indoril. It should be outside of Almalexia in order for the flight option to realistically make sense. The NPCs operating/guarding the jail better be non-relevant, since most players are likely to kill them.

- The Guild has been warned that their offices are soon to be searched by ordinators. The guild steward fears that they will find some hidden anti-Temple/anti-Dunmeri agitprop in the room of some particular guild member (who is already known to have a pronounced pro-Imperial position) and use it as evidence. You are to search his room beforehand and extract and destroy everything you find to be able to cause such a problem. You find either some hilarious plans to take over the city of Almalexia, or some pro-necromancy leaflets, or some caricatures of Almalexia in an appropriate inappropriate position, or something similar hidden in his room. Rather than finding the hideout yourself, you might also convince him to tell you about that hideout. Jule, please make sure there are such hideouts in the guildhall. The guildmember later turns out to be either an agent provocateur or just a convenient idiot.

After this build-up, the decisive quest begins: The Trial. The archmage is going to be tried (we do have a court for this in Almalexia, I hope?), and with him the Guild as such. You are invited to the courthouse, as are some other guild members (think Season Unending). Since just inviting a stupid Imperial scholar isn't enough to justify an execution of the archmage, the prosecutors have prepared some more severe accusations. You (and others) fend them off. If you do it right and didn't mess up the previous quests, you are able to convince him/her on most counts. (Doing the inquisition quest right -- e. g., answer (B) or (E) -- makes an ordinator witness speak in your favor. Helping the imprisoned guild scholar retain his steadfastness thwarts the Indoril plan to use him as a crown witness, while helping him flee provides the accusers with a new line of attack. Getting rid of the compromate in the Almalexia guild hall weakens the accusations. Presenting proofs of the relation of the Indoril with the thieves who robbed the OE MG opens a new front.) At the end, however, the archmage is sentenced to death either way, although the grounds on which he is sentenced depend on your actions, and if you did it right then they are particularly duplicitous and ridiculous.

The (public) execution, however, is interrupted by the archmage breaking the anti-magic bonds that have been put on him to prevent him from doing anything stupid. He casts a spell which creates a cylindrical protective ward around him, which absorbs any magic cast at it and blocks any force directed at it. (Think of Skyrim's wards without the suck.) With the gathered crowd as an audience, he delivers a short and flaming speech about the blindness and hypocrisy of the Indoril, the cowardice and servility of the populace (what is the MW equivalent of sheep? guars?), and the stupidity of the ordinators (whose fanatism only serves others in their very mundane goals). He might drop some concrete accusations, names, hints, prognoses. At the end of his speech, he ridicules the ordinators for reinforcing his spellcraft with their hate (i. e., by casting spells against his ward they actually charged it to a huge amount of magicka), casts a Windwalker (=invisibility + levitation) spell (teleportation is disabled on executions) and sets off into the sky. Ordinators start throwing spells at him but don't succeed at hitting him.

Alternatively, we could have him dispel the anti-teleportation barrier and just cast divine-intervention.

Or he turns into a bird and flies away. (Easily scripted if we get a nice model for a bird. A flock of seagulls? The other question is whether lore allows this. TES5 had the player getting turned into a goat, but TES5 is not authoritative on lore.)

Once the ordinators have given up hope to get him, one of the following happens:

1) The leaders of the Indoril cabal (who are present at the execution) commit suicide on the spot, honoring the tradition their ancestors started.

2) The leaders of the Indoril cabal attack the player and the other MG members at the ceremony. Not clear how the ordinators react to this; they might even get split, since not all of them belong to the one family who wants to individuate on this crisis). The distribution of forces (who joins which side) depends on how good the player defended the MG at the trial. The fight ends with the cabal (or its leaders) dead.

If we decide for the fight option, the most relevant MG NPCs (guild stewards, questgivers, trainers) should be kept alive by script.

This doesn't solve the crisis yet, but with the cabal's leaders dead, people's tongues are generally loosened, and we might hear the judge (who was formerly blackmailed in some way) revoking his verdict, at least if the player did the previous quests right. Alternatively, a division of the Imperial Legion could muster in front of the Almalexia gates. Depending on the player's choices in the previous quests, the MG chapter in Almalexia is fully rehabilitated and compensated, or remains at more or less its current status, or even loses some of its privileges (which ones?).

Later quests could deal with the aftermath: If the guild was rehabilitated, the guild guide will finally take up his job. One can also try locating the agent provocateurs from the previous quests. Or improve some customer relations broken by the crisis.

As I said, nothing in this higher questline should even have the air of finished work. I have dropped an unsanitized load of ideas, some of which haven't even been shared with anyone until today. I won't be surprised if many of them turn out bad and useless.
Last edited by arvisrend on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.