Donations?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

thePraetorian
TR Tester

Donations?

Post by thePraetorian »

I'm just curious if any of the admins had considered accepting donations for hosting and such. I for one would be happy to toss in $5 here and there to keep this project going.

Not sure what your opinions are on the matter, but I figured I'd ask.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Several months ago TR won a gaming contest that offered $5000 in cash and prizes. We donated it all to the webmaster, so I hope we're covered for a while :-P. However if you want to donate to him still anyway, feel free to do so.

He also has his own game for sale (D2D) on his website if you want to contribute that way. It's pretty fun.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

it was only 3k haplo, and part of that was a keyboard :P

at any rate, we dont really have an established donation policy, cause its not really something that has ever come up. if you want to donate, i recommend sending a PM to Garfield, our webmaster.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
ko2fan
Website Administrator

Post by ko2fan »

Donations aren't really needed.

The $3000 will cover hosting, but even if it didn't I wouldn't have much need as currently its being hosted on my own personal dedicated server in the top datacentre in the UK.

--
garfield
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

actually, about hosting.

is it jsut me or is the site running rather slowly lately?
im on a 10mb connection and it takes 8-15 secs per page load. which imo is odd :P
but as always, we love your work Catman
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

its fine for me :/ sometimes it lags up for a little, but that always goes away.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Well, ahem... If Garfield doesn't want donations, they're up for grabs then? Plz?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
ko2fan
Website Administrator

Post by ko2fan »

angelus6 wrote:actually, about hosting.

is it jsut me or is the site running rather slowly lately?
im on a 10mb connection and it takes 8-15 secs per page load. which imo is odd :P
but as always, we love your work Catman
I am on a 10mbit virgin media cable connection, and the pages come up instantly.

The server is based at Telehouse, ( http://www.telehouse.net/en/about-telehouse/fast-facts ) which has over a hundred gigabits of bandwidth, but the server is behind a 10mbit switch to limit its outgoing data to 10mbit.

The site itself of course is using rather old unmaintained code, so whether that could be causing problems is unknown, but I doubt its a connection speed problem.

--
garfield