i3-407-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-407-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-407-Ind (#1479)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-14-Ind (#118)
Claimed by: Gnomey
Local map: Rouaf Duhr West
Files: TR_i3-407-Ind_Gnomey_1.esp; TR_i3-407-Ind_Gnomey_2.esp; TR_i3-407-Ind_Gnomey_3.esp; TR_i3-407-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-407-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_2.esp

---

Rouaf Duhr Claim #6: Guard Tower; has 3 functions:

- Census and Excise office
- Jail
- Warehouse
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Unlocking, Have fun
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

I would like this. I have nearly finished the manor for Gorne.

Will do as is written above.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting.
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

I'm away on conference until the 15th of Oct, so I won't be able to work on this for a little while.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

any updates? If you don't post here in a week I will revoke this.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Sorry, once again I have been very busy - and TR is the first thing to go by the wayside.

I haven't done very much on this, and I am away until the 1st of Jan from saturday. So if you need it before then, I guess it is best revoked, otherwise I would like to complete it.
-- M. Ghandi
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Can you revoke this please. My supervisor has brought up my thesis deadline, so this had fallen way down my list of priorities. There's no hope of me doing it before March.

Sorry for being a pain. Hopefully I can do some more after all this is over.
-- M. Ghandi
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

damn, that sucks. revoked.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I assume that this is the usual five-storey 3x3 indoril guard tower? I'll take it then. The prison will be in the basement, the Census and Excise offices will fill the first two floors, the next two floors will contain beds for guards and the top floor will be the "warehouse". Should it be filled with supplies for the guards, confiscated objects or just general storage? (Some bolts of cloth, for example, and some shirts along with some comberry and other things from the nearby farms). Also, which furniture should I use? I'm guessing RM, but R doesn't seem too hard to believe either...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Supplies for the guards, a chest marked "evidence", and some general supplies. Use RM. Possibly R for a commanders office
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

70% or higher, even. I'm not sure, as I'm having minor computer problems at the moment. (It overheated 2-4 times this week...). Still, it's up to detailing at the moment. I might as well ask some questions, though:

1. I was able to get a shell with a 4 tile room on every floor. However, this required using a 1.01 scaled column (Why does the Ind. hall corner piece not match up with the entrance piece of an Ind. room?) and a lot of wall and column objects. Is that fine?
2. Are two prison cells enough?

At the moment, I have:

5th floor: Storage + Census and Excise leader's bed. May have to play around with it a bit, as it's a tight fit...
4th floor: Two guard bunks and containers for the guards.
3rd floor: Two guard bunks and containers for the guards.
2nd floor: Dining Hall for the guards + Census and Excise desk.
1st floor: Desk for Census and Excise "greeter". (He just deals with small things; if there are any major problems he sends you to the secretary on the second floor or even to the leader up at the top of the tower.
basement: Two prisons and a small alcove, a cap piece, which extends half a tile beyond the building. I can't see that causing an overlap with another basement, and it's needed to accommodate the desk for the guard.

Here's another (possibly better) idea:

5th floor: Storage and room of a slave/servant who keeps the towers tidy.
3rd floor: Two bunks, which would be for the other Census people and the two guards for the prison.
4th floor: Fancy room of Census leader person. There would be a desk and some bookshelves, so really it's not as though he has a grand bedroom or anything. I might even add a small bed for the secretary, if I can't fit him anywhere else.
2nd floor: Bigger, fancier C&E office, with two desks, some benches and plants, etc.
1st floor: same as before.
Basement: I could expand it North and West, where there are no buildings, and give it, say, five rooms.

Edit: The minor computer problems have been temporarily solved. I think that I'll go with the new plan, as the tower doesn't need that many beds. (The tower right beside it has the sleeping quarters, AFAIK).
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Update at top.

This is almost done; I just need to finish the prisoner checklist and make sure that it is properly detailed. However, as always, there are a few things which I'm unsure about:

1. The staircase model is made badly, so that if you have two staircases right above each other they bleed. What should I do about it? Should I ignore it, try to cover it up or not use those models at all, or at least not in that particular way? (If it's the last one then you might as well revoke the claim. I'm lacking the inspiration to remake the interior and I probably won't have the patience either...)

2. I ended up mixing a lot of styles: The guard quarters and the caretaker's living area use poor furniture, while all of the other places use RM. This wouldn't be too bad, except that the RM bedroom also has a PR bed, as there are no RM beds, and two R bookends, as there are no RM bookends and they match the PR beds. Is that ok?

Also, here are some ideas about the inhabitants:

The servant is middle aged and can almost be called old. He's not very friendly, even to fellow members of House Indoril, and usually keeps to himself. People think that he closets himself in the tower, but actually he leaves quite often to steal from people in the town. I don't see him being a member of the TG, but he might as well be one...

The head of the Census and Excise is a fairly wealthy noble of House Indoril. Unfortunately for him his family has old ties with House Hlaalu and a lot of Indorils don't like him much for that reason. For this reason he's stuck in a dead-end job with only one 2x2 room to call his own. He's humble enough to accept his fate and doesn't give off any aires of superiority.

The Redguard prisoner, who I'm currently calling "Marlene", is naturally a female and is rather unfriendly. Her fight could be set higher than it usually is, maybe 50 or 60.
Attachments
You can ignore the mesh error that I circled. The important part is the bleeding stair.
You can ignore the mesh error that I circled. The important part is the bleeding stair.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Can you see the error ingame with the proper light settings? If not, or if you have to know where to look and spend a bit of time looking for it, don't worry about it. Otherwise, use a column or something to cover it up?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hallo? Gnomey?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Sorry, I haven't worked on this lately. @stair error: Personally, I think that the error is rather visible, but that might just be because I already knew that it was there when I checked. I might try to stick a wall in there and see how it works. If it looks good I'll have to rinse and repeat 8 times or so. Ah well.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

My computer was fixed up with a new motherboard, and I think some other things too, and is now able to run Oblivion. The problem is that the CD drive has gone a bit crazy and doesn't want to read DVDs anymore. Hopefully a new one will be in place before the next Saturday so that I can finish this claim off...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

have you tried re-installing the drivers?

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

There seems to be some other problem. I'm not sure, as I wasn't the one fixing the computer, but I think that a disk was missing, or something of the sort. If there's any hurry with this claim it could be revoked, as I've already spent some time on it, but if possible I'd like to continue working on it. :)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'm calling this done, but I'm not very satisfied with it and if it doesn't pass review I'll be happy to fix it. Two things to look out for:

Look at the staircases. The top step bleeds into the roof of the staircase below it. I'm going to say that it's not noticable, but I already have an idea for a fix. (I haven't used it yet as it's a rather akward fix, but if I need to use it it should work).

Also, look at the pillars connecting pretty much every tile that should connect, such as a hall corner piece and a hall stairway piece. I'm guessing that that's why everyone dislikes Indoril ints. The parts that I had expected not to fit fit, and the parts that really should have didn't... Whatever, again I'm willing to fix it by placing a slightly larger pillar over the messed-up ones.

The name of the Redguard prisoner in the checklist can also be changed, as it isn't really the best name that I've thought up.

Other than that, here's my usual re-post:

The servant who sleeps on the top floor is middle aged and can almost be called old. He's not very friendly, even to fellow members of House Indoril, and usually keeps to himself. People think that he closets himself in the tower, but actually he leaves quite often to steal from people in the town. I don't see him being a member of the TG, but he might as well be one...

The head of the Census and Excise is a fairly wealthy noble of House Indoril. Unfortunately for him his family has old ties with House Hlaalu and a lot of Indorils don't like him much for that reason. The result is that he's stuck in a dead-end job with only one 2x2 room to call his own. He's humble enough to accept his fate and doesn't give off any aires of superiority.

The Redguard prisoner, who I'm currently calling "Marlene", is naturally a female and is rather unfriendly. Her fight could be set higher than it usually is, maybe 50 or 60.

I might as well also re-post this:

I ended up mixing a lot of styles: The guard quarters and the caretaker's living area use poor furniture, while all of the other places use RM. This wouldn't be too bad, except that the RM bedroom also has a PR bed, as there are no RM beds, and two R bookends, as there are no RM bookends and they match the PR beds. Is that ok?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review

Mind the claimer's last post please
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Northmarker was facing west so I fixed that.

Cool basket on the sacks thing, but com_sack_01_saltrice_10 was bleeding into the other sack and the basket.

both TR_furn_shackles00 could've done with another 'F'ing

Some crates had some iffy lock levels

Comments I'll let you deal with the style matching TF since we have differing opinions sometimes when it comes to that.

Sweet container stacking skillz

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_i3-407-Ind_Gnomey_2.esp
(23.68 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Sending back due to style mixing. Please use my file at the top for fixing, Gnomey.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

If you post here in the next week I will revoke this so someone else can fix it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

If I do post here? Whatever, I'll take the risk. :P I've already started work on it. Irritating as it is it isn't a big job, so I can still go either way with it. (As in, revoke if you like or don't revoke). Three things that I'm unsure about:

Is re-sizing furniture acceptable? It's sort of hard to fit poor furniture into the arch by the doorway; it's either too small or too big. I'm only talking about something like 0.90.

The evidence chest. I'm pretty sure that you don't have any problem with that, though, as that's a necessary style mix.

The stools in the prison. I don't need to change those to p_ too, right?

I should definitely be finished with this by next Friday/Saturday, unless Oblivion side-tracks me like it did next week. :roll: Sorry for how long I'm taking with this.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Resizing furniture is fine.

Isn't there more than one evidence chest? Where do you go when you get arrested in Mournhold? Check that place and search for an evidence chest to be sure.

What are the stools now? RM? If so I think they should be p_ because RM doesn't really go with MH in my opinion anyway, and they'd want to spend as little money as possible on their prisoners.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I meant the stools in the prison cells, which are de_ex_. As for the evidence chest, after a quick check in the CS... Mournhold uses a standard evidence chest and I didn't bother with hunting down the script because it isn't attached to the chest. :P (Which would suggest that the script uses the ID of the standard evidence chest).
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Gnomey wrote:(Which would suggest that the script uses the ID of the standard evidence chest).
I think it's even hardcoded, not scripted.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As school pretty much blocks my internet access during weekdays I'll probably only be able to submit anything on the next weekend, though I'll try to finish this by tomorrow. Today some guests will be coming by so I won't be able to do much work. As for this week I had to replace the harddrive and on Friday a guest came, so I was pretty busy. Once again, sorry for how long this is taking.

(And sorry if I mix up "y"s and "z"s or so any other equally crazy thing. Prior to getting a new harddrive I had to get a new motherboard and, as I live in Germany, I got a German motherboard. When windows was re-installed it switched to German settings, which means that I'm using a German keyboard now...)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

And your keyboard itself is QWERTY rather than QWERTZ? You can easily switch the setting. Read [url=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306993]this[/url].
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Gez wrote:And your keyboard itself is QWERTY rather than QWERTZ?
Yep. Anyway, I'll probably fix it later, too lazy at the moment. :P (And why did you link to the German help page? My keyboard settings may be German, but I'm not. (Well, not really...) :wink:)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Gnomey wrote:(And why did you link to the German help page? My keyboard settings may be German, but I'm not. (Well, not really...) :wink:)
I did not link you to the German help page. It's Microsoft detecting which country you're in and feeding you the appropriate translation. You can simply select "Englisch" in the "Ãœbersetzung" box in the top-right corner.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Meh, sorry about that. (That actually made me change my mind and change the options. :D) Anyway, it was annoying to work in the CS with all of the keys mixed up...

Edit: By the way, don't bother expecting the file today. The guests will be staying until Tuesday and, more importantly, pretty much all of my TR files are currently being stored on an external Hard Drive and carrying them over will be a rather bothersome process.

Edit 2: More guests this week than I expected and bringing my MW files over from an external hardrive took longer than I thought it would BUT you can expect the final update later today or tomorrow. (Depending on how long my forum-crawl takes. :wink:)

Edit 3: (Which is why I just edited this post and didn't update the thread).
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

This is done, though I'm not really satisfied with it. Two things to note:

For some reason I wasn't very concentrated today, so there will probably be more errors than usual. I hope not...

Also, I might not have used Thrig's files. This isn't so bad, though, because the shift from RM to P meant that I had to move almost all of the objects around anyway.

I don't feel like reposting all of the information that I wrote up about the inhabitants and whatnot, as I'm pretty lazy at the moment. :P

That is all.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yay Submitting to Review
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:

Comments No more style mixing

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_i3-407-Ind_Gnomey_3.esp
(23.52 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

是認する