A bunch of questions

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

pespespes

A bunch of questions

Post by pespespes »

When the goldmoor will be out?

I vould like to join i was trying to add something in the showcase but i was unable. I will try again tomorow.

What will you most likely do after hamerfell if tes5 would not be out?

You know that tes5 will be set in Skyrim?
Where can i get more info on tes5?

I've seen that you are not planning to make argonia or Elsweyr but why then i saw concepts of them?

Will be the next version of stirk with voice?
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Shortly after it'll be completed.

Sorry, we can't be more precise than that. We don't have deadlines. Everything is voluntary work by hobbyist who contribute in their free time. Our modders aren't paid for this. It'll be out when it'll be done. If you want it to go faster, join and contribute.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Most likely it won't happen. But surely we will always find something to work on. We'll see. No official decision has been made. I'm moving this to public discussion.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

I believe that Bethesda will release TES V, even if it's definitely too soon to talk about that.
Good brainstorming for Quagmire (a daedric plane based on the TES IV engine) has been already started though.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

In the unlikely case we finish Hammerfell before Bethesda releases TES5 (which, by the way, seems like it'll be placed in Skyrim), then we'll probably decide to continue our glorious march northward and make High Rock. It is what would seem logical, especially given the whole Iliac Bay business.

But it is completely hypothetical anyway. Our primary concern is to finish Morrowind in TES3 and make Hammerfell in TES4. Any other project than that is to be determined once those two are over.

As for Quagmire, it'll be a "dungeon" type daedric realm, like Dagon's Daedland, not a "landmass" type daedric realm like Sheogorath's Shivering Isles. Something like a dozen or so of very small exteriors and as many interiors, with random doors, just like what Bethesda did for the Deadlands. Nothing more.
Last edited by Gez on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Gez wrote:we'll probably decide to continue our glorious march northward and make High Rock.
Hasn't High Rock been planned by another team actually?

*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

osiris wrote:Hasn't High Rock been planned by another team actually?
Noirgrim's mod, yeah. It's dead. Noirgrim's got too much stuff to do in real life and dropped it. The URL ([url]http://www.highrockmod.com[/url]) expired so you can't even go to the site now.
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

He could keep what he did for a future TR High Rock mod... ;)

*sarcastic*
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

osiris wrote:He could keep what he did for a future TR High Rock mod... ;)
A future and highly hypothetical TR High Rock mod that will most probably never even be started, yeah.

(Of course, if TES5 is indeed Skyrim, High Rock would still be an interesting choice for a TR TES5 project. I mean, the other neighbors of Skyrim are Cyrodiil and Morrowind...)
Blood Lord Marlech

Post by Blood Lord Marlech »

Blegh... Nords and Snow? I had enough of that in the small package that was Solstheim. Personally, Telvanni and Dark Elves being my favourite, next to that I'd like Summerset Isles.
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

If Bethesda will set TES V in Skyrim, they will surprise us more than how they did with Cyrodiil, be sure. ;)
Skyrim is not Solstheim though, and thinking about it as an explanded Bloodmoon is quite limited. Nords have great lore.

*sarcastic*
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

i say we remake Call of Juarez on the Gamebryo engine..

y'no.... so it isnt shit
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Blood Lord Marlech

Wait, did I say Summerset Isle? I think I'd like to see Elsweyr or Black Marsh first and foremost. :P
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

The Oblivion engine won't allow to make the 16 breeds of Khajiit and equally numerous variants of Argonians needed to make Elsweyr or Black Marsh viable.

Also, I don't think the technology for a convincing Black Marsh or Valenwood will be there until TES6. Oblivion's Speedtree is nice and all, but it's really far from allowing the density and intricateness to make either of those forest provinces.

So the three southern continental provinces are right out.
Blood Lord Marlech

I don't think anyone KNOWS where TES5 is going to be set. It's just an estimate based on the previous games. At the moment the whole of the oblivion team have been shifted to Fallout 3, and TES5 is going to be far far far away, like 2009.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

2009? Maybe an announcement will come in 2009. I don't think we'll see anything on the actual game for at least two years.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Blood Lord Marlech

Oh crap yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry, I forget what year I'm in sometimes.
Blood Lord Marlech

Might I be correct in saying that in between the piles of work in the Tamriel Rebuilt projects, that you might eventually get to Elsweyr or Black Marsh, but nowhere in the near future, seeing as you're going NORTH and the Deserts and the Swamp are to the SOUTH. And I'd just like to say that I was dissapointed that I never got to see all three humanoid races of the Khajiit in MW.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Way back when there was concept art done for Black Marsh and elsewhere, but none of it ever came to anything due to amount of work that goes into just one province.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Why concept art for these stuff? Simply because our concept artists like to draw whatever they fancy drawing from time to time. Note that the Black Marsh, Elsweyr and Skyrim concept art is really, really old, dating back from when it was thought all of Tamriel could be modded for Morrowind. Heh. What a good joke.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Happens to the best of us.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Actually, I made some Argonian buildings a while ago and posted them up in my concept art thread just for the heck of it. And I joined long after TR changed its objective from "all of Tamriel in one game" to "as many provinces in one game as can be managed before the next TES game is released". :P

Anyway, the concepts also serve a purpose: If, far down the road, TR decides to make one of those provinces the concepts might be used. (Of course, they probably won't be, as Lore changes a lot from game to game. I'm sure that soon Argonians will have beaks, Khajiit will be dog people and Wood Elves will be tall. :wink:)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Blood Lord Marlech wrote:I don't think anyone KNOWS where TES5 is going to be set. It's just an estimate based on the previous games.
Not really. The name "Skyrim" was copywrited a while back, along with a lot of other stuff like Skyrim T-Shirts and who knows what. (If you haven't noticed, I didn't follow it very closely). That kind of suggests that the next game will be set in Skyrim, and what with the merchandise it's probably going to be more than a new Edlerscrolls Travels game. :wink:
Blood Lord Marlech

UNLESS THEY ABSOLVE OTHER GAME COMPANIES AND DO THE WHOLE OF TAMRIEL. It's my right to dream, right? :P
Blood Lord Marlech

dating back from when it was thought all of Tamriel could be modded for Morrowind. Heh. What a good joke.
It's funny, because I actually thought thats what the Morrowind TR was originally. :P
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

pespespes wrote:You know that tes5 will be set in Skyrim?
Where can i get more info on tes5?
Just search 'TES V', 'Skyrim' or such at the Official Bethesda Forums; there are a lot of rumours and some topics based on what Gnomey posted before.

*sarcastic*
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Blood Lord Marlech wrote:UNLESS THEY ABSOLVE OTHER GAME COMPANIES AND DO THE WHOLE OF TAMRIEL. It's my right to dream, right? :P
This doesn't make much sense, unless you meant "absorb", right?
pespespes

STIRK

Post by pespespes »

Will the final version of Stirk be out soon?
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Nope. There are many loose ends that still need to be tied before releasing what we have for Stirk is worth it. Progress has been slow because we've concentrated our Oblivion work on Hammerfell proper, and poor Stirk has been kinda neglected and moves forward quite slowly. But progress is being made, though; it's not dropped.
pespespes

Post by pespespes »

Yes I understand.
What will the final version contain and is not included at the present?
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

To list only those I'm sure of:
A lot of bugfixes.
Improved versions of some resources.
Voice acting, hopefully.
VeePee-

Post by VeePee- »

Hi. Just regged in to ask what i've been wondering recently, since this looks like a suitable thread.

Have you people considered the possibility of converting your Morrowind stuff to Oblivion at some point? In practise, it would mean joining up with the silgrad tower team to use their assets, and there was this great telvanni set made by some-person-whose-name-i-forgot. Anyway, you have the great landscapes, interiors and whatnot, and there is at least some (if not a big) portion of the required assets ready by other people, so it kinda adds up to a good amount of the whole effort. Of course the cooperativeness of the authors of those other assets might be unknown.

And why don't i just play that stuff in Morrowind? Imho despite it's deficiencies, oblivion is that much improved in the core gameplay and balance over morrowind, that i don't feel like playing mw anymore.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

No we will not do that.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

currently, VA will probably be released after the final version simply because it is so hard to do it all. the final version will most likely just use silent files.

this is subject to change however, as stirk is currently under discussion.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I've merged all your questions into one thread. In the future when you have questions, don't make a new thread for each one.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The next version of Stirk will likely be without Voice Acting, as it'll take a long time to get everything organized and recorded and up-to-snuff and merged, etc.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
pespespes

Post by pespespes »

Lady Nerevar wrote:currently, VA will probably be released after the final version simply because it is so hard to do it all. the final version will most likely just use silent files.

this is subject to change however, as stirk is currently under discussion.
what is VA?
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

VA = voice acting
theviking and MowSkwoz have it in theirs... soo: "We need quest designers!" - Stolen From teh Cutness.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
pespespes

Post by pespespes »

Will the first version of Hammerfell/Goldmoor contain VA?
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

The first version of Hammerfell will contain hours of VA and will run on CryEngine2, featuring a storyline by Peter Molyneaux.