q1-72-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

In that case, the quest should stay here; without Jenna and Osiris being able to post, there really ain't much point to moving it to Reviewing.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Indeed, I'd like to keep this here so that our playtesters can test it out and it can be fixed to a good level (Not that I think that this will be bad, but usually we have to fix something in quests) before I merge it and send it to reviewing/finished. I'll pm the playtesters about this. Do you want to fix errors if they appear, eddy?
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Yeh, I'll fix the errors as people post them.
JohnnyMaverik
TR Tester

Post by JohnnyMaverik »

Do i need to dl files 1 and 2?
i know something about everything, and that is that in everything there is always something i dont know.
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

No just the more recent one.
JohnnyMaverik
TR Tester

Post by JohnnyMaverik »

Thanks. Also will i need any other imformation than the ones provided in the txt files you uploaded or not? Ive got them and im downloading the other file now.
i know something about everything, and that is that in everything there is always something i dont know.
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Everything should be there.

The only things I added while making the actual quests that aren't in the text files were just things I hadn't forseen like one of the quest givers speaking to you during a quest as if they hadn't asked you to do it. If that makes any sense...
JohnnyMaverik
TR Tester

Post by JohnnyMaverik »

Yea it does, thanks for ur help.
JennaK
TR Tester

Post by JennaK »

using version .2

Note: JE on speaking to Allion regarding egg quest, the Item added says "Fortify Endurance Quality" it has been changed elsewhere to Quality Fortify Endurance.

-After healing Elmonder there is no JE update on what to do next. maybe add something like this?
JE as in: "I healed Elmonder and he thanked me. He said he would now report to Allion, perhaps I should, too."

Gilara Renus: dialogue topic Help you
"Hmmm (hmm)..but I need a favor (first).

Mora Gindal, topic Things I asked for:
-I have a fork, spoon, knife and 3 different loaves of bread. She still says I'm missing something. What? What is a "full set"?
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

I don't understand what you mean for the first part about "fortify endurance quality" and "quality fortify endurance".

I've solved the second problem it was just a stupid error in the script.

And for the third problem the set of cutlery has to be wooden which I thought would be a problem as when buying them it doesn't say what they are made of. The reason I did this is because in dialogue I can only fit five items (after adding the choice function) so how should I change it? Is there a way to add more items in dialogue or should I simply stress that it has to be wooden?
JennaK
TR Tester

Post by JennaK »

re: Fortify endurance, item is added, after speaking to Allion, and a JE is made (a white highlighted entry is added to the journal) Potion description is not consistent.

I have a wooden fork, a wooden spoon, bread, knife (does not say wooden, bakery only had one kind of knife) Daisun bread, 2 types that say bread.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

steady_eddy wrote:I don't understand what you mean for the first part about "fortify endurance quality" and "quality fortify endurance".

I've solved the second problem it was just a stupid error in the script.

And for the third problem the set of cutlery has to be wooden which I thought would be a problem as when buying them it doesn't say what they are made of. The reason I did this is because in dialogue I can only fit five items (after adding the choice function) so how should I change it? Is there a way to add more items in dialogue or should I simply stress that it has to be wooden?
Use a script on the NPC who has the lines you want spoken.
The script should be like this: (except with proper IDs)

If you want to make it so that your cutlery has to be all of the same set, use a script like this.

Code: Select all

Short HasCutlery

if player-> getItemCount, woodenfork > 0
   if player-> getItemCount, woodenknife > 0   
      if player-> getItemCount, woodenspoon > 0
          set HasCutlery to 1
      endif
   endif
endif

if player-> getItemCount, silverfork > 0
   if player-> getItemCount, silverknife > 0   
      if player-> getItemCount, silverspoon > 0
          set HasCutlery to 1
      endif
   endif
endif
;you can then make the dialogue condition dependant on HasCutlery being 1 as a local variable
If you want to make it so that the player can give a silver knife, a wooden spoon, etc:

short HasSpoon
Short HasKnife
short HasFork
Short HasCutlery

if player-> getItemCount, silverfork > 0
   set Hasfork to 1
elseif
if player-> getItemCount, woodenfork > 0
   set Hasfork to 1
elseif
..etc
(Do the same for spoons, knives, etc

if hasfork > 0
  if hasSpoon > 0
     if HasKnife > 0
        set hasCutlery to 1
     endif
   endif
endif
Do you see what I'm getting at? This method can be very useful in a lot of ways. You can expand the possibilities of dialogue quite a lot in this manner, as it allows you to make use of script functions not available in the dialogue window. I used similar methods to this in the MQ to make characters respond based on whether you're disguised as a Telvanni, etc. Basically, this lets you make dialogue responses dependant on ANYTHING, as long as you can check it by script.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
JennaK
TR Tester

Post by JennaK »

so does this mean I need to find a "wooden" knife? I don't remember seeing those in-game
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

No I'm going to use Lud's suggestion and script it so that you can have any knife, fork, spoon or bread and it should work.

Also regarding the quality fortify endurance thing I've looked in the CS and in-game and they all say potion of quality fortify endurance. So where are you seeing it say fortify endurance quality?
JennaK
TR Tester

Post by JennaK »

The update to the journal when Allion gives you the potion says item added "Fortify Endurance Quality"

Are you doing something with cell 13,21? I cannot load the CS, it has camera at "cell(13,21) with no end quote.

Just make the knife "knife" it will match the one on her table. I was attempting to look in the cs for a knife, wooden when I crashed out while loading data files.
JohnnyMaverik
TR Tester

Post by JohnnyMaverik »

Is the map_1 in the DLs section the most up to date version?
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Yes, but it'll be in esp format. You'll probably need to change it to an esm to play this quest. You could probably get away with just using the esm version in the public release.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
JohnnyMaverik
TR Tester

Post by JohnnyMaverik »

yea i got the public esm version and it seems to be going fine, havent tried a quest yet but im guna start later on today so i should have a report with-in 2 days at the most.

Anything I should devote special concerntration to (i see alot of reports have allready been made)? Or should i just go through the whole thing with a fine tooth comb (and i cant believe how much of a twat i sound like saying fine tooth comb...christ i sound like my mom).
JohnnyMaverik
TR Tester

Post by JohnnyMaverik »

Actually do i make reports as i go? Sorry to be a pain but ive only ever play tested the exam quest (the kajiti race one) so im unsure as to how u go about reporting on a chain of quests (as in whether i should report after each quest or create a kind of large file of reports as i go through and submit it all at the end).
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Choose one quest and then test every way to complete it, then take the next quest. Look out for: error messages, language errors, illogical things, are the rewards high enough, etc. Also please don't double post, you could have just edited your previous message.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

There's a handy guide by me in Internal Testing and Downloads.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

I seem to be having a problem with Mora Gindal's script. When removing some items from the player's inventory it doesn't actually get removed. I think it has something to do with their ID's as it only happens with misc_com_wood_spoon_02, TR_ingred_bread_01b, TR_ingred_bread_02 and TR_ingred_bread_03.

What happens is that, in these two cases, it checks for misc_com_wood_spoon_01 and TR_ingred_bread_01 and thinks that player has them.

Here's the part of the script that I think is causing the problem:

; remove the right spoon
		if ("player"->GetItemCount, misc_com_silverware_spoon >= 1)
			"player"->RemoveItem, misc_com_silverware_spoon , 1
		else if ("player"->GetItemCount, misc_com_wood_spoon_01 >= 1)
			"player"->RemoveItem, misc_com_wood_spoon_01, 1
		else if ("player"->GetItemCount, misc_com_wood_spoon_02 >= 1)
			"player"->RemoveItem, misc_com_wood_spoon_02, 1
		endif
Does anyone know how to solve this?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

should be "elseif" not "else if"
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

D'oh! I feel like such an idiot. Anyway here's the most up to date version.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This is set to 100%, is it finished and ready for review, steady_eddy?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It is being reviewed, Haplo. This just needs a last playtest before it can be merged. We have to wait with putting it in the reviewing forum otherwise the playtester(s) can't post their error reports.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

You know... it might be possible to grant the testers access to the quests reviewing forum...

(Haplo, would you please. I haven't got the time to do it today)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

theviking wrote:It is being reviewed, Haplo. This just needs a last playtest before it can be merged. We have to wait with putting it in the reviewing forum otherwise the playtester(s) can't post their error reports.
Ah, I see. Members of the Playtesters Usergroup can now post in Quests: Reviewing
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Excellent, moving to reviewing then.
osiris
TR Tester

TR_q1_72_Imp_steady_eddy_3

Post by osiris »

TR_q1_72_Imp_steady_eddy_3

Help! Maybe I found a conflict between two quest plugins: if I enable both eddy's and pacificmorrowind's latest quests plugins I get this error, which always CTD the game:

"Expression Error unable to find dialogue id "TR_m1_HT_BG02" in script TR_m1_NPC_Outlaw_Q75"

"Imperial Cult: Gathering Kwama Eggs"

The usual Morrowind guild business, simple but very nice. Only a small dialogue loop: I give the Quality Fortify Endurance potion to Han Sadavel, he allows me to gather the eggs, but if I reselect the topic "business" he says "Oh I see. Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to forbid you from picking the eggs here as we work very hard to collect and sell them. Kwama workers don't just spit them out; it is a backbreaking process, outlander.".

A small typo:
Allion Aberus, topic "Soludanni Egg Mine":
original:
"To get there just keep on following the road south until you come to a sign post that points to Bal Oyra and Firewatch then turn left between the two big rocks and it should be just ahead of you."

fixed:
"To get there just keep on following the road south until you come to a sign post that points to Bal Oyra and Firewatch, then turn left between the two big rocks and it should be just ahead of you."

- EDIT

Imperial Cult: A Mission Failed"

I found one bug, a dialogue loop. I accept the quest from Allion Alberus, and he still has "Greetings, %PCName. I need your help on another errand." when I re-select him; when I select the topic "errand", he repeats "I need you to find out what happened to Elmonder for me."

Please check Elmonder position in the Bal Oyra Keep as he faces the wall in my game.

Imperial Cult: A Simple Job"

Simple and nearly perfect; only to small spelling / typo things:

Journal Index 40
"I have given Mora Gindal some new cutlery and a loaf of bread so now she can pay her taxes. I had better tell Gilara Renus."

wouldn't sounds better as...?

"I have given Mora Gindal some new cutlery and a loaf of bread so now she can pay her taxes. I would better tell Gilara Renus." (not sure, as I'm not an english expert)

A small typo:
Journal Index 100
"I have given the 500 septim donation to Allion Aberus and he gave me a 150 septim reward" (put a period at the end)

Imperial Cult: Healing Hostilities"

Perfect in every aspect.

Imperial Cult: Mined Spirits"

The most interesting of this first IC batch, but still with some bugs. Needs a little spell/grammar check in dialogue too, as I feel lack of commas in some of the dialogue and maybe some parts of it can be changed to a better form in my opinion.

Let's go with bugs. The first time I talk with Fabius Varian everything goes ok; then I talk with him a second time, select the topic "haunting" and then "continue" at the end of the first part of the dialogue, and the game freezes (I have to reboot the computer!)!

If I choose to show to Fabius Varian only one diamond, he still has the topic "other than iron" in dialogue, which links me to "Are you sure there's nothing?" with the choices "Yes" or "No", and here's another bug: the question always loops here for me, everytime I choose "Yes" or "No".

This dialogue needs a small spell/grammar check (i.e., more commas and less repeated words):

Fabius Varian, topic "haunting"

"You are! Well, the common belief is that they are the restless spirits of those that died when the lower tunnels flooded and the only way to stop this haunting is to lay them to rest. However, we can only do this if we can get the money from the East Empire Company to recover these parts of the mine and collect the bodies and recently they have been seeing this mine as a lost cause so are unlikely to give us more money." (Apart the probable need of more commas, I feel the word "money" as repeated too many times);

original:
"If you could go down into the flooded parts of the mine and see if there is anything other than iron down because if there is then they will surely give us the money we need."

fixed:
"If you could go down into the flooded parts of the mine and see if there is anything other than iron down, because if there is then they will surely give us the money we need."

Fabius Varian, topic "other than iron"

original:
"There are quite a few iron deposits around but we will need something different to ensure we receive the money. Be careful though as I sent someone down the central tunnel two weeks ago to do this job but he must have drowned as he hasn't been seen since."

fixed:
"There are quite a few iron deposits around, but we will need something different to ensure we receive the money. Be careful though, as I sent someone down the central tunnel two weeks ago to do this job but he must have drowned as he hasn't been seen since."

Journal Index 30

original:
"I found some diamond that could ensure the mine receives the money it needs to stop the haunting. I should give it Fabius Varian."

fixed:
I found some diamond that could ensure the mine receives the money it needs to stop the haunting. I should give it to Fabius Varian.

Not quest-related but still a bit annoying, I would fix the AI of the Imperial Guard close to Fabius Varian since he always falls in the flooded halls of the mine while he's walking, and then drowns. Oh and he also always has a forced goodbye in my game, very strange.

Please check the BetaComment that I'm going to post in the "Map 1 world error reporting" thread for errors in parts of the cave and in the miners' topics.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Fixed, everything is ready, I believe. This stays in (final) review until we can properly merge it and give it one final look over sfter that.
Attachments
TR_q1-72-Imp_steady_eddy_3.esp
(68.01 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Thanks for fixing, viking.
Will have a look at the updated file as soon as possible and edit this post if I will have things to say, so watch this space from time to time. :)
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I havent played through the whole questline yet, but on the first quest where the PC is asked to collect 5 kwama eggs from the Soludanni Egg Mine, there is a bug that I dont think has been caught yet.

The script that gives the PC a bounty if more than 5 eggs are collected doesnt seem to take into account eggs already in the player's inventory.

I tried the quest and was given a bounty upon collecting my 4th egg (I already had two in my inventory).
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

This file is now usable.

I have been forced to excise the fifth quest because it was based on a non-usable script, and the entire premise was somewhat odd ('please go and find 'something' in our mine and hopefully it will get us money - oh whaddaya know? Diamonds!')

Seeing as this will have the anti-MBC line tagged on the end, I think that this is an acceptable amount of quests for the IC for now, especially seeing as the Map 2 IC will be coming with the next release.
Attachments
TR_q1-72-Imp_steady_eddy_3.esp
(42 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals