Map 2 NPC Claim #8 [arvisrend]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Map 2 NPC Claim #8 [arvisrend]

Post by Lud »

Features both Akamora and the Dun Akafell ruins.
Please post your progress here.
Map:
[url=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2776/area8xf1.jpg][img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4172/area8fl7.th.png[/img][/url]

Hijacking the first post, list of quests! ~Why
Added merge-ready files to this post! ~Why

Trials and Tribulations [DONE] [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_m2_ay_fallguy_whymergeversion_145.rar]LINK[/url] (updated, didn't properly clean dependencies)

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Ay_Trials
[if necessary] object/script IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_1_
Quest Giver, Location: Hlorgir, Ayemar

Hlorgir Firm-Hand the Nord is being held in a prison cell at Ayemar for smuggling mazte. When the player speaks to him he will express his frustration at being held captive. He will explain how he used to be a simple fisherman before he was duped into helping a group of smugglers. Now he wants revenge on them for leaving him as their “fall guyâ€Â￾ and getting him into the situation in the first place.

Hlorgir will give the player two smugglers to track down. He’ll tell the player that they could likely be found either at his shack along the coast or an abandoned shack located to the south. The player will find them at the second location.

After the player kills the smugglers Hlorgir will ask the player to help free him. The player can help him by finding some evidence that proves Hlorgir is innocent - a journal giving evidence for his side of the story. The player presents this to the guard at Ayemar in a little detective show moment. If the player does this Hlorgir will return to his seaside shack. There he will give the player an enchanted item, saying that he’d found it washed up on shore many years ago.

The Gem Collection [DONE] [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_m2_ak_gem_arvis_mergeversion_173.rar]LINK[/url]

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Ak_Gem
IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_2_
Quest Giver, Location: Rilas Dralethan, Akamora

Rilas Dralethan is a noble in Akamora who collects gems and rocks. He is currently interested in retrieving a rare gem from the ruins of Dun Akafell. He already sent a mercenary to look for it but hasn’t heard back from him, so he’ll send the player to investigate.

The player will find the corpse of the mercenary somewhere in Dun Akafell and evidence that points towards someone killing him for the gem. Rilas will suspect that a rival of his –the merchant named Vedaves Vedrel- was behind it and will send the player to break into his house. The player will find the gem somewhere inside.

The gem should have some sort of story that connects it to the legend of a dragon who used to live at Dun Akafell.

Character Flaw [DONE] [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_m2_a8_q_flaw_lud_whymergeversion_116.esp]LINK[/url]

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Ak_Flaw
IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_3_
Quest Giver, Location: Fasele, Akamora

Ainab Guls is a former Telvanni sorcerer who has settled in Akamora after leaving House Telvanni for religious reasons (he was raised as a Temple believer in Ranyon-ruhn). Normally a friendly and sociable, he has been suffering from strange mood swings recently, which has made the life of his slave, Fasele, quite unbearable. She wants you to investigate into the cause of his mood swings. She says that some days ago a man came in to get the enchantment on an item fixed. The player will be given a description of the man which will lead him to Reram Vares who is currently located in the The Laughing Goblin.

Reram Vares is actually a Telvanni Retainer. If the player presses him enough he will admit to giving Ainab an enchanted object of drain personality as payback for Ainab Gul leaving the Telvanni (He couldn’t kill him because that would draw too much attention from the Indoril. Since he doesn't want to get in trouble with the guards, he'll tell the player what the enchanted object looks like so that the player can go remove it from Ainab Gul's house, which will return him to normal.

Hunting Daedra [DONE] [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_m2_ak_daedra_not_whymergeversion_203.rar]LINK[/url]

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Ak_Daedra
IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_4_
Quest Giver, Location: Some guard

Some guard in Akamora wants you to go out and kill that dridrea (but now it's a vermai) that TF found, like that one quest with the Kagouti in West Gash in vanilla. But with Vermai. Simple as they come.

Free at Last? [Lud]

Journal Entry: TR_m2_EP_Free
IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_5_
Quest Giver, Location: Midave Llarys, Erethan Plantation

Midave Llarys want’s the player to look into the disappearance of a slave from Erethan Plantation. Since the slave was last seen in the southern fields, he will ask the player to ask Pedivur, a Breton alchemist who lives in a tower to the south of the plantation if she knows anything about it (Midave would ask her himself, but doesn’t have the time and thinks that another outlander would have more luck talking to her.

Pedivur will tell the player that she knows nothing about the slave. However she will tell the player that she noticed a strange man creeping around the area near the plantation from her tower and that she noticed the man heading off in a northeastern direction from the plantation. Because she saw him on more than one occasion, she can give the player directions to the hideout.

The slave was captured, abducted or liberated (depending on whom you ask) by a Telvanni destruction mage, who is using him for non-lethal (but obviously not particularly pleasant) experiments with his school of magicka. The mage, when confronted, insists that it is purely voluntary (you see no shackles or locks), and the slave (when you meet him some rooms away) confirms but is somewhat scared. He says that he has been vaguely promised some basic armor and provisions for his way back to Black Marsh, but the mage seems rather reluctant to give him the reward. He asks you to try talking some sense into the mage.

You have the following options:

1. Tell the mage that the slave must return to its rightful owners. The mage attacks.

2. Ask the mage to reward the slave immediately and let him leave. The mage will insist that the slave is free to leave, but has not been helpful enough to earn his reward. And that by freeing the slave, he has already done more for him than he had to. He proposes that you find some 5 standard health pots and a few pieces of chitin armor for the slave and deliver them yourself; he doesn't believe you'll actually do this chore anyway. You can bring up some doubts about the "voluntarity" of the experiments and whether a slave that has just been freed can actually make such a decision. The mage remains steadfast (although YOU can still attack him).

Talk to the slave (optional):

If you killed the mage, the slave decides his best option now is to run away, even though he is probably doomed doing so in the middle of Indoril territory without even any armor. Next time the player comes back, he's gone.

If you didn't kill the mage, you learn nothing new.

You can now return to Erethan Plantation and deliver news to Midave Llarys for a suitable reward. Should you return to the ruin/cave, the mage and the slave both are dead - obviously they have resisted arrest.

But you can also bring up 5 standard health pots and a few pieces of chitin armor (need not be any particular pieces; just any 3, with gauntlets/pauldrons counting half, should suffice, BUT boots and helmet don't count) and give them to the slave. He will make off, rewarding you with some minor Resist Fire spell that he apparently got taught by the mage for the experiments. The mage, while not particularly happy, will not object.

Walk the Talk [Not]

Journal Entry: TR_m2_wil_Between
IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_6_
Quest Giver, Location: Orc at Inn Between

The person to be framed is the duelist, whose arrogant dialogue is not quite universally popular. The framing is initially meant as a prank: nobody believes the vampire hunter's stories anyway, and the duelist would also hardly pick a real fight with some random idiot. The main goal is to expose both sides to some well-deserved ridicule and maybe even watch a nice brawl. Depending on the dialogue options chosen, and on the booze you offer the two before their "duel", however, this can evolve into an actual fight to death and an eviction of the victor from the Inn.

(In this version of the story, it might have been the Orc who has framed them. Normally, I wouldn't expect an orc to scheme, but this is a simple plot and intended to show two boasters their place, rather than actually kill anyone. What comes out of it is a different story.)

What I don't see at the moment is how exactly the hunter should be made believe the duelist is a vampire. Money is obviously not an incentive, and "look, this guy is always staying inside at day" is probably too bland (shouldn't a vampire hunter notice such things on his own?). Maybe some alcohol is needed beforehand to make this work. I'd prefer some better "clues", though. [BC Note: Because the hunter's a bit dumb, I was going to have the player either plant or 'discover' some vampire dust about the duelist - because obviously vampires shed dust all the time]

A Lost Traveler [DONE] [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_q2_wil_hlersis_cpt_whymergeversion_189.esp]LINK[/url]

Journal Entry: TR_m2_wil_Hlersis
IDs: TR_m2_q_A8_7_
Quest Giver, Location: Some guy somewhere on a road.

For a really simple one, perhaps someone can't find Hlersis. They weren't told it was a cave settlement. [I'm just gonna write this one flat out, see where inspiration takes me once I've got the file in my hands]
Attachments
TR_m2_AK_Daedra_Not_WhyMERGEVERSION.rar
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
TR_m2_a8_q_flaw_lud_WhyMERGEVERSION.esp
(34.79 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
TR_m2_Ak_Gem_Arvis_MERGEVERSION.rar
(6.89 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
TR_q2_wil_Hlersis_cpt_WhyMERGEVERSION.esp
(12.47 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
TR_m2_Ay_FallGuy_WhyMERGEVERSION.rar
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Whoever claims this needs to make sure that there are at least a few regulars at the Dragon Nest Inn, as well as a (bar)maid and an innkeeper. The regulars need to be super-bad ass, the innkeep needs to be benevolent, and the barmaid needs to be a flirty feisty girl. If you fail at this I will hunt you down with a vengeance. I would recommend making these NPCs and completing them with Dialogue first so you can upload a WIP file and I can check it.

File:
Old file deleted.
Last edited by Haplo on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I've forgot to say that i2-313-Ind should be deleted.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

New version uploaded with i2-313 deleted.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I can't see the new version.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I replaced the old version with it, in my first post.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Claiming. I don't see the file anywhere.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

its in haplo's first post
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

As far as I can see, Haplo's first post here is: 'New version uploaded with i2-313 deleted.'
If I look at the 'Topic Review' while writing this, I do see he had a post before that, but I do not see that post when looking here:
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=252566#252566

This is what I should see, but I don't:
'Whoever claims this needs to make sure that there are at least a few regulars at the Dragon Nest Inn, as well as a (bar)maid and an innkeeper. The regulars need to be super-bad ass, the innkeep needs to be benevolent, and the barmaid needs to be a flirty feisty girl. If you fail at this I will hunt you down with a vengeance. I would recommend making these NPCs and completing them with Dialogue first so you can upload a WIP file and I can check it.

File:'

[Sorry for the double post, I couldn't edit the post above.]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ive reuploaded it below.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

immortal_pigs wrote:Claiming. I don't see the file anywhere.
I had the same problem too, but I thought I was a moron.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granted. Did you figure out why you couldn't see it? Also, could you see any posts between my "i've re-uploaded it in my first post" post and Lud's post with the map?

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

You probably made the post whilst this claim was in Exterior Reviewing still.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I can see every post since Lud's first post. [Except for your first post with the file.] My guess is that when sending the former stuff to the archives, something went wrong with your post.

I'm already placing pathgrids and guards. But for some reason the Indoril guards refuse to move around. They just stand there. I checked and their wander value is normal. So why aren't they walking around?

Also, there's this place called Tomaril Manor. Was this place formerly Dreynim Spa [from the screenshots]? What's the story for the place?

Were there any quest-plans made regarding Akamora, Dragon Nest Inn or Dun Akafel yet? Are there any plans for the Morag Tong? [they have a guild hall in Akamora.]

Other than that I need to remark that this is one of the most beautiful regions I have seen in all of TR.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Are they indoril_guard_s? Then you should place the other type of guard. The stationary part is included in their scripts.
Tomaril manor is a manor of a very wealthy but politically unimportant family. Kebra perhaps expanded it somewhat too big so now it needs another explanation. (It was formerly just a manor)
I had a plan for Akamora, it involved the different wealthy families in the town. If you look closely to the eggmines, you'll see that each family controls one of them. I thought it would be cool to use this in some maffia-style quests.
One of the ideas for the interior of Dun Akafell was to make it the headquarters of one of the mainland vampire clans.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I wanted to have a 'linked line' of quests in the Dragon Nest Inn. What those would be, and who for, is entirely undecided. (But something akin to 'Clutter Collector' in Tribunal, where a fairly obscure guy gives you a linked set of tasks, but not for any faction)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Damn lack of editing.

Anyway, Hap also said he wanted to see the Dragon Nest done first, so he could check on whether you'd got those guys right. I don't know if he still does.

And finally, seeing as this is Map 3, I'd really recommend you spare no expense and go whole hog LGNPC - you've got the time. I know I would. ;)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

You were right about the Guards, thanks.

I think Tamoril Manor could be the Manor of a very rich Indoril Noble who has chosen to seperate himself from Indoril politics and such. He has quite a few friends amongst the Akamoran nobility. I think the place could have it's own small questline, or be part of an Akamoran quest line.

As for Akamora, I had noticed that there were a bunch of Eggmines owned by certain names. I like your idea of having the different wealthy families oppose eachother.

Does Akamora have a governor or Lord of sorts? I was thinking he'd reside in the top Senim Manor of Akamora.

I'd really like having a Vampire Clan in Dun Akafel. That would be a lot of fun to make. Would I need to create a unique name and/or vampire disease script?

As for Dragon Nest Inn, I have no idea what you mean by a 'linked line', BC. I know the place is supposed to have a few regular bad-asses, so the quest would probably have to do with them.

Last Question, Am I allowed to change names? For example the name Modrassa Moril or Ainab Guls.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Names are totally up to you.

By 'linked line' I mean a multi-quest, but not explicitly 'questline' series of quests.

Akamora is presumably ruled by an Indoril head honcho (equivalent of Telvanni wizard at 'Tel' settlements), with the last name Senim.

For DunAk vamps, I think theyd be a preexisting clan, but really I don't think we've officially decided what's happening with vamps on the mainland.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Everything is penultimate compared to the inn.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Actually, the councillor for Indoril was called Varen but kebra mistakingly placed the Senim manor on the top of the hill. Take a look at the interior of the Varen manor, it's much richer than the Senim one. I think the easiest way to solve this would be to make the councilor a Senim and change this in the white book of Indoril.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I thought that the Varen manor was a good example of an Indoril home. The biggest mistake kebra or haplo did, was putting a pawnbroker at the top of that giant rock.

I don't really have much ideas with Tomrail manor, but there is a guest room, which should contain 1 guest. The player has to enter via the guard tower and you have to exit via a slave room to reach the entrance tower for the guest. Perhaps you can make some kind of security check. I don't know where the lord of tomaril tower gains his wealth. I have seen that there is a small village with 1 or 2 eggmines in the area (of map 3). There is also a bandit cave across the river (also map 3).
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I didn't make Akamora, kebra did.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Semis Manor is bigger than the Varen Manor. And Semis sounds a lot more like an Indoril Family. So I'd like it a lot if the White Book would reflect that. Where can I find the White Book?

The pawnbroker can be easily changed into some high-class merchant. The store offers that kind of stuff.

About that Eggmine and Bandit Cave, I have no idea where Tomaril Manor is exactly located, it's not on any of the maps I use for referance. Tomaril Manor is located in the North-Eastern most part of my claim. The closest thing to it is an Ancestral Tomb.

My idea is that the Tomaril guy got real rich from some sort of Mining Business [possibly a majority of the Akamoran mines]. Then he sold them all and built a Huge Manor in a scenic area. Possibly he was the former Lord of Akamora before the Senim's.

Btw, why is there a small Daedric Ruin hidden in an inaccesible spot beneath a Mountain?

In Mephalain Mountains 25,-12 there's a sewer trap door. It most likely has something to do with Dun Akafell. At the moment it will send the PC to a place called 'Abaelun Mine'. Whats the deal with that?
Attachments
Whyisthishere.JPG
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

the ruin may have collapsed over time. Nothing should edit Abaelun mine though, it's vanilla. So that should be cleaned out.

The white book is in TR_Data, I'll be the one to change it.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Sorry, I wasn't clear, that Daedric Ruin cannot be seen unless you use 'tcl' and happen to walk into that particular mountain. The PC will never see it unless by chance. There was a passageway leading to it, but one of the exterior detailers covered it up by integrating it into the Mountain.

The problem with that sewer trap door is that it should probably link to some interior that was either not made, or not meant to be made. 'Abaelun Mine' is the standard place doors will link to, I think.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

We should probably just erase the entrance if you can't find an interior to link it to. Also, I've changed the name of the family in the white book in the latest TR_Data update(coming in a little bit)

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well... Kebra did place some very unusual features into this claim by creating semi-interiors using exterior means only. He created many tunels and caves by landscaping tool and then covered them and detailed them by interior pieces, thus creating interiors inside exterior cells.
While I am not sure this is very fortunate idea due to its absence in vanilla (and rest of TR exteriors BTW) and due to possible problems with FPS, pathgriding and weather (needs ingame testing), it looks pretty cool mostly and it would be silly if those features were distorted. I hoped the exterior detailer will address these issues and there will be discussion about their fate, but it didnť happen yet.
What do you mean that the ruin is inaccesible? Has the entrance been blocked by some statics? Would it be possible that you game tested these features yourself and visited all the hidden caves, passages and tunnels to see how it works?
THEO
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I assume you mean, among others, the Underground Tunnels near Dun Akafell and the occasional Underground River? I have already run around in a few of those. As far as I could see the FPS was stable and the weather works everywhere. I don't know about Pathgrids yet.

The Ruin is just basically hidden all the way into the Mountains. I guess you could call that bleeding? It bleeds to the extent that you cannot see it, and there is no way to get to it, because it is sunken in the statics. The screenshot I took was taken from below, you should be able to see that there's a bunch of mountains around the ruin, making it inaccessible.

I have already ran around in the claim and I've been in those Exterior-Interiors you mentioned. Rain will still get there, as will fog. Is there anything else I should look for?

Comment: There is no TR_M3_NPC script as of yet.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well, I believe you guys are competent enough to handle this. I just wanted to make sure you are aware of this as overlooking these features might cause some bloody mess in the future. The weather issue (if rain and fog is problem) could be solved by creating new region, where such weather would not occur and it would be clear all the time (silly idea :( ). The creature movement should not be problem if there are simply no creatures runing around these areas. But perhaps this would not be a problem neither.
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

i_p, feel free to add one with the same ID as the scripts for Map 1 and 2(except change it to 3, of course) to use as you need. As long as it's the proper ID it should be fine, as its just a matter of copying it over to TR_Data in an update.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sorry for the DP, here's some help on my stance on the Dragon Nest Inn:

The Dragon Nest Inn is a well-renowned way point for the hardiest and most experienced adventurers and mercenaries in Morrowind. Its proximity to Dun Akafell makes it the ideal base of operations for many would-be expeditions, and many a tale can be had along with a round of the Inn's famous spiced potatoes.

The innkeep should be named Otik and he should have something to say about his famous spiced potatoes.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

You know Dragonroost is a better name than Dragon Nest can that be changed?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Dragonroost is terrible and absolutely not.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

maybe it could be Dragon's Nest in?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i thought it was already Dragon's nest? the name seems fine to me. it doesnt feel right changing this somehow, it'd be like renaming Dun Akafell...
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Why do you hate Dragonroost? I'm just saying, dragons roost they don't nest.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

The Innkeepers current name is Revas Baldaren. Why Otik and why Spiced Potatoes?

I've already created the [5] NPCs for the Inn. I'm still working on their dialogue. I am not assuming that Dun Akafell is a place were people go to have advantures, because I thought it was the base of a vampire clan.

One of the Manor Houses in Akamora misses an Interior. So I'd like to request an interior to be made. It should be home to only one person, a retired Religious Dunmer Witchhunter. I'd like it if the int. had a bunch of books that a Witchhunter would read.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Actually the Otik part doesn't matter, but the spiced potatoes are famous in the area and a key selling point(in addition to it being in a tree).

Also, double-check whether the interior you say is missing simply wasn't linked, I doubt there are any missing interiors still after everything that Akamora has gone through(though I wouldn't put it past the claim).

Dun Akafell used to be home to a powerful dragon who was a consort of Almalexia's at one point, I don't know anything about vampires, but adventurers who want to prove their mettle find plenty of adventure in Dun Akafell.