Map 7 Download (Stirk Internal Pre-Release v0.99)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i just played today and found that the store aint always open. its still a really weird schedule though, it was open at 2 am on another file.

Another request, could the next worker remove the file version from the file name? that way i could upload silent files for everyone to use. just put the file version in the description (it still says .90)

do we think that we can get this out around September? that'd be amazing.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Error: outside doors to Stirk Manor are always locked making it imposible to enter. interior doors are however open, even when the exterior ones are locked.
Fix: Set the AI of the inhabitants to lock/open doors. ext doors need to have their lock removed.
I don't get this one. Why should the exterior doors never be locked? Shouldn't they lock them when they go to sleep? [/confuzzlement]

Stirk miners now mine, in my version, anyways. :D
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

they should be unlocked during the day so people can enter. at any rate, i have trouble replicating all these door errors in my new file (this time interior door appeared to be locked)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Lady Nerevar wrote:they should be unlocked during the day so people can enter. at any rate, i have trouble replicating all these door errors in my new file (this time interior door appeared to be locked)
Indeed, I had to do some trial and error too.

Worst case scenario I saw, was the Bookstore open later than I figured that it should have been (haven't figured out why yet), with one of the brothers still offering services.

For Stirk Manor, I've gotten the front doors to be open when they're due to be open, I believe. :D
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

Note on lighting: Pre-industrial mines were quite dark. If we want more light, the decision should be due to playability. It would be great to see some picks swinging.
All of the following comments are from the miners' quest branch.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Strange Noises quest log
Error: missing a
Dialogue: Winston has sent me note
Suggested Fix: replace with Winston has sent me a note
and anything else you think i need to know:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Deetsan
Error: Deetsan appears in miners shack
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: clean file
and anything else you think i need to know: this occurred right after receiving the 2nd Father in Trouble log entry and right before talking to Rogkuroth the 2nd time. Also, Deetsan steps outside shack with rog, but doesn't follow him into the mine.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Strange Noises
Error: Zombies attack before Rogkuroth says they are not attacking.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: make zombies passive
and anything else you think i need to know: Marks is with Rog and I. Is this on purpose?

Error: Marks and Rog walk into each other under 2nd arch.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Give Marks a different target or AI.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Father in Trouble
Error: all npcs follow if you talk to Alenion during fire.
Dialogue: "Are you a historian" topic
Suggested Fix: change topic conditions so that you can't ask this until after fire is out and gawkers disperse.
and anything else you think i need to know: old complaint

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Errands quest
Error: no quest marker for final stage of quest
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add quest marker

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Stirk helmets
Error: Sometimes Cartello only removes 2 of 8 helmets
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: remove helmets one by one
and anything else you think i need to know: this is an oblivion error; it's no one's fault. I think it can be solved by removing items one at a time.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: A Little Help
Error: "Something is blocking this door" message pops up over and over.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit the relevant script
and anything else you think i need to know: This stopped my game. There isn't enough time between messages to see if Amarius actually unlocks the door.

Edit: I didn't notice this was on a new page after a fresh file had been posted. I have downloaded the new file now. I don't think my mistake affects any of the above errors, unless you discovered and fixed them over the last week.
Last edited by fstony on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is but one coward on earth, and that is the coward that dare not know."
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

phew, finaly some progress on the Polle questline. after doing 3 quests ( + the bail of Helga quest, which for some reason doesnt count towards the total) Polle approached me in the street and asked for a favor. However, no quest was initiated and he just repeated the dialog every time i talked to him.
fix: make it so the quest starts, change the dialog to 'do once' or what ever its called.

i also encountered another really weird error. one of the goblins in the cave noticed me when i TCLed through the wall and attacked me. after several hits he just stopped attacking. i could pummel him as much as i wanted, he sometimes go a few hits in, but most of the time he just stood there completely unaggressive. i assume this is an error due to the TCL i used, but im noting it none the less.

this is with the august 2nd version, i havent updated yet.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Dang, I thought I already fixed that. To get around it you can enter Setstage.Tr07q006StrangeNoises 5 (or 15) I think you also have to enter a capital letter between 006 and Strange, but I don't know it.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

fstony wrote:Note on lighting: Pre-industrial mines were quite dark. If we want more light, the decision should be due to playability. It would be great to see some picks swinging.
Allow the pick swinging to commence!
Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Strange Noises quest log
Error: missing a
Dialogue: Winston has sent me note
Suggested Fix: replace with Winston has sent me a note
Fixed.
Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Deetsan
Error: Deetsan appears in miners shack
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: clean file
and anything else you think i need to know: this occurred right after receiving the 2nd Father in Trouble log entry and right before talking to Rogkuroth the 2nd time. Also, Deetsan steps outside shack with rog, but doesn't follow him into the mine.
Don't know what caused it, if its an old error, or what. I didn't see any reason for her to have showed up there. No action taken on my part.
Error: Zombies attack before Rogkuroth says they are not attacking.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: make zombies passive
and anything else you think i need to know: Marks is with Rog and I. Is this on purpose?
I had a look at the script; from what I saw, I'm kinda surprised that they attack at all. Never got this far in the quest, so I don't have first hand knowledge with it; I didn't feel familiar enough with it to try and fix it. No action taken.
Error: Marks and Rog walk into each other under 2nd arch.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Give Marks a different target or AI.
From what I saw in the quest dialogues, they both shouldn't be there. I didn't know. No action taken.
Error: all npcs follow if you talk to Alenion during fire.
Dialogue: "Are you a historian" topic
Suggested Fix: change topic conditions so that you can't ask this until after fire is out and gawkers disperse.
and anything else you think i need to know: old complaint
Old complaint(?) No action taken.
Error: no quest marker for final stage of quest
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add quest marker
Added a quest marker. Didn't test it.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Stirk helmets
Error: Sometimes Cartello only removes 2 of 8 helmets
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: remove helmets one by one
and anything else you think i need to know: this is an oblivion error; it's no one's fault. I think it can be solved by removing items one at a time.
I looked into it, and indeed the result script is correct. However, I didn't know how persistent this was; no action taken
Error: "Something is blocking this door" message pops up over and over.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit the relevant script
and anything else you think i need to know: This stopped my game. There isn't enough time between messages to see if Amarius actually unlocks the door.
The script (Tr07q006SecondAyDoor) is set to only run OnActivate; which would suggest that something is activating it over and over again (since onActivate runs only once). I don't know if Amarius is activating it (if that's how its supposed to be unlocked, then there is no command for it in THIS script), or if something else is. As a possible quick fix, I changed the "OnActivate" to "OnActivate player", since the block displays a message and updates the quest, it should really only do it when the player activates it anyways. Fixed
LN wrote:Polle approached me in the street and asked for a favor. However, no quest was initiated and he just repeated the dialog every time i talked to him.
fix: make it so the quest starts, change the dialog to 'do once' or what ever its called.
I looked at it, and couldn't find anything wrong. Too little experience in the questing department, I guess, or maybe LN had an older version by mistake (read: theViking thought he fixed it)? No action taken

I also cleaned out two scripts that were edited (One a MGquest script[Deetsan?] and the other a trap script).

Changed the name of the .esp to TR_Stirk.esp, as per LN's request. Also updated the version number to the description. Uploading.
Attachments
TR_Stirk.esp
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ill be playtesting this version, hopefully later today.

the orc IS supose to go with you into the ruin, in fact he leads you there. i dont think Marks is, there is nothing in the dialog about him. the zombies didnt attack in my version until after dialog was done.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

the orc is supposed to join you when you play the miners side, marks joins you when you play the Polle side. When I playtested the Polle side myself, Rokguroth didnt accompagny me to the ruin, so for that side it seems to be okay. the other side will be fixed.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Here are the silent files, 124 MB total (somehow compressed to 26 KB o_O).

these should be fine up to final release unless someone changes topic names or the file name.
Attachments
TR_Stirk_SilentFiles.7z
(25.99 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

I haven't looked at the newest file yet, but there's no reason for Stirk to modify Deetsan; so she should just be cleaned out if she hasn't already been.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

fstony wrote:I haven't looked at the newest file yet, but there's no reason for Stirk to modify Deetsan; so she should just be cleaned out if she hasn't already been.
I wrote:I didn't see any reason for her to have showed up there.
Stirk doesn't modify Deetsan. Nor any non-TR AI packages. If her appearing on the island is a persistent problem, then it must be in a script somewhere, or she is trying to follow the player for some reason using default AI packages.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i dont think she is a major problem, it makes the island feel like part of the mainland somewhat. anyhow, playing on .98 (PoHa's)

-Mori STILL asks for Jean after ive rescued him.
-door to Goldmine has ownership, so when i enter it the miners get pissed at me.
-stirk manor is still locked, all day i asume, as it was closed at 10 AM. makes saving Jean a pain since Mori is inside.
-if i have multiple types of silver rings (regular, ruby silver, etc.) in my inventory when i talk to Joujuni Amatius to end the troubled marriage quest he takes them all.

Polle quest started up fine, ill be playing that tomorrow.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Deetsan should be fixed in my latest and Poha's file. If she's not, $#%#!

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Fixed everything you requested and then some more things I noticed. I made the description version 0,97.

One things that still puzzles me is making the ruin of the church after the fire has smoldered out. I've checked everything and the script I made is doing the exact same thing to them as the flames when the church is on fire. Still it won't work!
I've set the items as persistent reference (Needed before you can use them in a script), initially disabled.
The script goes like this:

begin Tr07q006FatherInTouble3Script

begin GameMode

short DoOnce

If (Requirements, which are correct)
Tr07q006ChapleFire04.enable
(repeated for about 13 other statics)
endif

end

The only thing I can think of that will work is attaching a script to the items directly that does the same trick (or to a xmarker which will become the parent for all the ruin pieces) but that takes me some more time.

PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Hey, Viking... Maybe I'm looking at the wrong script, but I don't see the line Tr07q006ChapleFire04.enable anywhere in the script named Tr07q006FatherInTroubleScript (the one that the quest is pointing to)
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

With some help from Poha I fixed the issue, yay!

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Error: something tries to attack me in the north of the island, particularly near Stirk Manor. i dont see what it is, or even if it exists at all, i just hear battle music starting up and the guard gets on alert and runs into stirk manor (not inside, just up against it). the first time i outran it, the second time it crashed my game as i was trying to find what it is. i searched the area and found nothing that could be causing this.
Fix: i have no idea. if no-one else reports this and no-one knows of anything that could be causing this it can be ignored.

Error: The brothers arrive at the ruin and do their thing, i dont know what to do afterwards. my instincts told me to return to Polle so thats what i did. I later found out that Marks is still supose to be back in the ruin and is supose to tell me to go back to Polle.
Fix: change Marks' AI to stay at the ruin until i get the brothers. possibly add more info to journal to make proceeding with the quest clearer.

Error: After i find out what is in the mineshaft Polle tells me to come back the next day for more work, however, i can talk to him about more work immediately.
Fix: make it so that i have to wait to get the quest (script probably)

Error: not really an error, just some more confusion. the burning of the chapel is not prefaced at all, it would be helpful to have Polle say that he will deal with the father or something. unless you want it to remain a mystery :/

Error: likewise more of a gripe than an error. While the chapel is burning everyone goes about doing their regular stuff like nothing is going on. they should line up like in the Miner's side of the quest.
Fix: get them to line up, or pay some attention to the fire.

Error: I get constant "the door is locked" messages while the chapel is burning because Selvia Amatius is being a retard and trying to enter a burning church. i managed to slowly make my way to the church (one step between error messages) and kill her off.
Fix: change NPCs AI to recognize that the chapel is burning.

Error: Drunk Tom, the Miners, and Polle never sleep. Drunk Tom just drinks, the miners just mine, Polle just wanders around his house.
Fix: make their AI so that they have some off time.

Error: Sevillus Stirk asks if I have seen Dupleon but no quest is initiated.
Fix: make the topic initiate a quest (if there is one, im not entirely sure)

Error: When i talk to Amarius he tells me that he needs some errands run but no quest initiates. After i stated it via console the topic did appear.
Fix: make the errand greeting enable the Errand topic.

Error:I can ask Rugkuroth about "detective work" and receive a reply before i get the quest from Polle.
Fix: change topic filter i guess.

Error: After i completed the Errand quest i had no idea what so ever about what to do next. luckily i managed to talk to Rug who told me about the new mineshaft.
Fix: make the brothers say that i should talk to him or make him approach me or something. in other words, provide guidance.
Polle

this is where shit got really messed up. i recommend you play this part yourself to figure out what you need to fix, becuase i cant make heads or tails of it.

Error: Rug told me about the new shaft and told me that he would lead me there but didnt. Instead, Marks took the lead.
Fix: either switch dialog over to Marks or make Rug tell me to follow Marks. i suspect that Rug is supose to tell you about this shaft for Miners and Marks for Polle, but currently Marks doesnt do that (see below).

Error: Marks tells me to go see Polle about detective work even after ive completed this quest.
Fix: make the topic a do-once (or what ever its called). i suspect this is interfering with other quests.

Error: Marks persistently walks into the walls of the Lower Shaft.
Fix: pathgrids are to blame i suspect.

Error: After i see that the door is blocked i have no idea what to do. I decided to go see the brothers again (complicating the matter, it turns out)
Fix: this error may be occurring because i cant talk to Marks about it. if not, make dialog or a journal entry that suggest what to do next.

Error: when i got to the brothers they had nothing new to say to me. I noticed a new passageway however and headed that way. Only when i talked to the switch that silenced me (starting A Little Help From My Friends quest) did Amarius approach me and tell me that they found a new tunnel and i should follow them (updating Another Door quest). He however didnt lead me anywhere, instead he followed me.
Fix: i dont really know. make him approach me when i enter and tell me what to do. make him go where he needs to go so i can follow. disable the new passageway until im ready for it. this is the part i dont get.

Error: So, i decided to go into the newly enabled passage and found a huge ass fire. both the brothers had a topic about fire resistance but it told me nothing, so i decided to just run through it. so i did and found a new switch on the other side which stripped me of all my inventory.
Fix: make them tell me what im suppose to do about the fire resistance. am i suppose to go get a potion or something? no idea. Again, i suspect this is because i skipped a quest or two, which means im not suppose to be here.

Error: touching the 3rd tablet completely fucks shit up. I get a parchment rectangle at the top of my screen and am apparently talking to an NPC with no greeting. i am confused out of my mind. [url=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1150/errornt3.jpg]picture[/url].
Fix: no idea.

over all, i found much of the Polle questline poorly documented and very confusing. most quests should tell you to return to Polle to get a reward or something, because you dont know what to do otherwise. later on the confusion results due to actual errors, earlier it is mostly due to lack of information given. im stuck naked and silenced in a completely dark ruin with two followers and no clue.

[edit] i took a look at this whole mess in the CS. i was right Another Door has to be finished before A Little Help and should be initiated by Polle telling me to go to Marks. The Passageway for A Little Help should indeed be disabled until Another Door is finished. me not being able to finish Another door or A Little Help is due to the brothers not getting the appropriate dialog options at the appropriate times.

EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally edited this post instead of posting a new one, theviking.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Some of the problems you mentioned are already fixed in my version:
Error: something tries to attack me in the north of the island, particularly near Stirk Manor. i dont see what it is, or even if it exists at all, i just hear battle music starting up and the guard gets on alert and runs into stirk manor (not inside, just up against it). the first time i outran it, the second time it crashed my game as i was trying to find what it is. i searched the area and found nothing that could be causing this.
Fix: i have no idea. if no-one else reports this and no-one knows of anything that could be causing this it can be ignored.
Probably a goblin, they have no reason to abandon their cave, only for very weird occasions.

Error: The brothers arrive at the ruin and do their thing, i dont know what to do afterwards. my instincts told me to return to Polle so thats what i did. I later found out that Marks is still supose to be back in the ruin and is supose to tell me to go back to Polle.
Fix: change Marks' AI to stay at the ruin until i get the brothers. possibly add more info to journal to make proceeding with the quest clearer.
I'll give Marks a forcegreeting for the next file, so it's obvious what to do

Error: After i find out what is in the mineshaft Polle tells me to come back the next day for more work, however, i can talk to him about more work immediately.
Fix: make it so that i have to wait to get the quest (script probably)
Yep, this had me puzzled. I think I know how this is possible, I'll implement it next time.

Error: not really an error, just some more confusion. the burning of the chapel is not prefaced at all, it would be helpful to have Polle say that he will deal with the father or something. unless you want it to remain a mystery :/
The burning of the chapel is largely a side effect of the Polle questline. Polle doesn't want you to know you helped it along but there are hints that this is going to happen.

Error: likewise more of a gripe than an error. While the chapel is burning everyone goes about doing their regular stuff like nothing is going on. they should line up like in the Miner's side of the quest.
Fix: get them to line up, or pay some attention to the fire.
Fixed in my file.

Error: I get constant "the door is locked" messages while the chapel is burning because Selvia Amatius is being a retard and trying to enter a burning church. i managed to slowly make my way to the church (one step between error messages) and kill her off.
Fix: change NPCs AI to recognize that the chapel is burning.
Fixed as well

Error: Drunk Tom, the Miners, and Polle never sleep. Drunk Tom just drinks, the miners just mine, Polle just wanders around his house.
Fix: make their AI so that they have some off time.
Polle is a loner, Tom gets a sleeping and wander ai and the miners get some time of mining.

Error: Sevillus Stirk asks if I have seen Dupleon but no quest is initiated.
Fix: make the topic initiate a quest (if there is one, im not entirely sure)
Probably painters in love, Dupineon is one of the questgivers

Error: When i talk to Amarius he tells me that he needs some errands run but no quest initiates. After i stated it via console the topic did appear.
Fix: make the errand greeting enable the Errand topic.
The bloody errand topic is enable and added for three times. If it also doesnt appear in my file, I'll make it Amarius' Greeting instead.

Error:I can ask Rugkuroth about "detective work" and receive a reply before i get the quest from Polle.
Fix: change topic filter i guess.
Fixed Already

Error: After i completed the Errand quest i had no idea what so ever about what to do next. luckily i managed to talk to Rug who told me about the new mineshaft.
Fix: make the brothers say that i should talk to him or make him approach me or something. in other words, provide guidance.
The errands quest is supposed to happen after the detective work quest and it does in my file.

this is where shit got really messed up. i recommend you play this part yourself to figure out what you need to fix, becuase i cant make heads or tails of it.

Error: Rug told me about the new shaft and told me that he would lead me there but didnt. Instead, Marks took the lead.
Fix: either switch dialog over to Marks or make Rug tell me to follow Marks. i suspect that Rug is supose to tell you about this shaft for Miners and Marks for Polle, but currently Marks doesnt do that (see below).

Error: Marks tells me to go see Polle about detective work even after ive completed this quest.
Fix: make the topic a do-once (or what ever its called). i suspect this is interfering with other quests.

Error: Marks persistently walks into the walls of the Lower Shaft.
Fix: pathgrids are to blame i suspect.

Error: After i see that the door is blocked i have no idea what to do. I decided to go see the brothers again (complicating the matter, it turns out)
Fix: this error may be occurring because i cant talk to Marks about it. if not, make dialog or a journal entry that suggest what to do next.

Error: when i got to the brothers they had nothing new to say to me. I noticed a new passageway however and headed that way. Only when i talked to the switch that silenced me (starting A Little Help From My Friends quest) did Amarius approach me and tell me that they found a new tunnel and i should follow them (updating Another Door quest). He however didnt lead me anywhere, instead he followed me.
Fix: i dont really know. make him approach me when i enter and tell me what to do. make him go where he needs to go so i can follow. disable the new passageway until im ready for it. this is the part i dont get.

Error: So, i decided to go into the newly enabled passage and found a huge ass fire. both the brothers had a topic about fire resistance but it told me nothing, so i decided to just run through it. so i did and found a new switch on the other side which stripped me of all my inventory.
Fix: make them tell me what im suppose to do about the fire resistance. am i suppose to go get a potion or something? no idea. Again, i suspect this is because i skipped a quest or two, which means im not suppose to be here.

Error: touching the 3rd tablet completely fucks shit up. I get a parchment rectangle at the top of my screen and am apparently talking to an NPC with no greeting. i am confused out of my mind. picture.
Fix: no idea.

over all, i found much of the Polle questline poorly documented and very confusing. most quests should tell you to return to Polle to get a reward or something, because you dont know what to do otherwise. later on the confusion results due to actual errors, earlier it is mostly due to lack of information given. im stuck naked and silenced in a completely dark ruin with two followers and no clue.

[edit] i took a look at this whole mess in the CS. i was right Another Door has to be finished before A Little Help and should be initiated by Polle telling me to go to Marks. The Passageway for A Little Help should indeed be disabled until Another Door is finished. me not being able to finish Another door or A Little Help is due to the brothers not getting the appropriate dialog options at the appropriate times.
First of all, Marks and Rokguroth are separated in my file, so they don't appear together in the questline anymore. There is still a lack of information, which is because this questline was only half implemented. Marks and Rokguroth should offer you a potion of fire-resistance for the fire. For some reason Alenion sometimes has no greeting, I'll look it up. He is supposed to tell you exactly where you need to go because you can't see anything and he did that luckily when I playtested it. Please update your file, it will hopefully be a good bit better than the previous version. Yay, finally ventured as far as this! (I finished the questline myself, but I know everything of it)

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ill move to your file then :)
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

I pulled the following errors from the most recent file.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: abandoned miner quest
Error: no quest marker if you talk to Zeek before Winston (after giving bones to Ambrogio)
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add quest marker for stage after speaking to Zeek (will require new quest variable to track stages.) or eliminate Zeek's last quest stage and replace it with pure dialogue result scripts (easier, if it works.)

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Helga's Bail Quest
Error: "Bail" isn't really an accurate description. You are really paying the fine for Helga's crime in same way that every other crime has an associated fine.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Change all "bail"s to "fine"s and make any related language changes

Error: "The Door is Blocked" appeared once, on my way back from seeing the dead father. No one was using a door at the time, as far as I know. It appeared (again for no apparent reason) in the 00B832 area after attempting to visit the Father's room with Rog.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: none
and anything else you think i need to know: I don't know what's going on

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Errands Quest
Error: errands topic (and quest) not added after amarius asks you to run errands.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add topic or add choice or edit topic conditions if that's the problem
and anything else you think i need to know: This stopped my quest.

Otherwise, things are looking much, much better on the miners' side quest.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yay, another update! I did my best with the Polle questline to make it as distinct as possible, only minor errors have to be fixed in the future. Please replace your current file with this one.

fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: painters in love quest
Error: Alenion says he doesn't have volume four, but he sells it.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit dialogue so that he offers to sell (or give) the book. Or have him say he lost it and drop it just outside.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: rumors topic
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: "cartello"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Helga's Fine quest
Dialogue: Helga says, "unless you're here to bail me out"
Suggested Fix: change to "unless you're here to pay my fine"
and anything else you think i need to know: Likewise "promised to bail me out" to "promised to get me out"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: helmet quest
Error: no quest marker for first stage
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add it

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: ballad quest
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:
and anything else you think i need to know: Mephala's teeth, I'm thick. I had thought there were gaps in the final cutscene dialogue, but now I realize they're smooching. Cute.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Strange Noises, Polle quest
Error: When walking to ancient door with Marks, multiple problems occurred:
1fallen rock still in place
2Marks moves too slowly
3Marks disappears en route (when I'm not looking at him)
4Marks says nothing upon arrival in ancient ruin
5zombies attack before Marks has a chance to look around
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: 1check disable conditions for fallen rock
2force run to ancient door
3no idea
4check dialogue conditions
5 change script order or ignore (not really a problem)
and anything else you think i need to know: obviously, 4 required a fresh start, given the other problems.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Alenion Eulius
Dialogue: "Pleas show me the way"
Suggested Fix: "Please show me the way"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: A Third Party quest
Error: no quest marker for 3rd stage (after signing up Alenion)
Dialogue:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: A Third Party quest
Error: no final log entry in this quest or first entry in Detective work to remind player to seek out Polle
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add entry
and anything else you think i need to know: Players ought to be able to remember this, but a log entry would be in keeping with the rest of the game.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Father in trouble quest
Error: no quest marker at the stage which has this log entry:
Dialogue: "Therander Polle wants me to to the ancient ruin"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Errands topic
Error: No greeting that sets up player's errands topic
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit relevant greeting's conditions to include Polle side or make greeting
and anything else you think i need to know: Polle side

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Another Door
Error: Marks says he will lead me to 2nd door, but he stays in Ancient Ruin and walks into a wall. Also, no quest marker.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add marker, edit or add ai packages, or fix script or paths
and anything else you think i need to know: Even though it looks like a path problem, I think the right ai is not being activated

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Alenion Eulius
Error: two of his greetings use "Alenius"
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: "Alenion"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Amarius
Error: he says he will open the locked gate in A little help from my friends, but doesn't.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit ai
and anything else you think i need to know: check to make sure this doesn't resurrect the "the door is blocked" series of messages.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: A little help from my friends quest
Error: after being blinded, recieving first direction and running into a wall in the elevator trap room, Alenion says,
Dialogue: "I have no greeting"
Suggested Fix: add a more appropriate phrase, such as "You are going the wrong way, turn right"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Jafan
Dialogue: "Tthank Stendarr"
Suggested Fix: "Thank Stendarr"
and anything else you think i need to know: Jafan says this

The following are from the miner's side.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Abandoned Miner quest
Error: Winston does not offer the topic that allows one to state that zeek has been buried.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit topic conditions
and anything else you think i need to know: this only happened when I talked to Zeek first

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Strange Noises Quest
Error: two of Rogkuroth's zombie comments occur simultaneously
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: delay onset of zombie combat if you can. I would not mess with the dialogue at all.
and anything else you think i need to know: not a big problem

Error: I don't see a body in the bedroom, yet the log entry implies I should
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: dump corpse in room.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Alenion
Error: just before starting Errands quest, Alenion walks up and starts a conversation.
Dialogue: none
Suggested Fix: change relevant script conditions so Amarius is the only one who does this.

Error: brothers continue to follow player through mine after giving errands quest
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit ai conditions
and anything else you think i need to know: I picked up the brothers before finishing Father in trouble. They did not follow me all the way to jafan. (What would cause a delayed ai swithch? Other than deliberate scripting, that is.)

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: a little help
Error: after starting help quest saying, "come," Amarius neither moves towards first tablet, nor follows player.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: change ai priority or edit ai conditions/add new object script variables if necessary
and anything else you think i need to know: during and after completing gate puzzle, Amarius teleports through each door, does not follow player and does not sit down on throne.

Error: Once, no one followed player through fire and fire was not extinguished after hitting the next tablet.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit ai conditions or ignore for now.
and anything else you think i need to know: this stalled the quest later on, because Amarius must unlock doors. Even if I cheat and go back to talk to Amarius in the zombie room, he doesn't unlock any doors. Not sure why this worked on Polle side, but not here. This did not happen every time, unlike stationary Amarius.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: another door/ a little help/ secret of vassa
Error: Marksinn follows player after starting Another Door quest, after manipulating gate maze gates, and into throne room.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Secret of Vassa
Error: After Polle tells player to sit down, entry door is not locked. Secret of Vassa quest does not start upon entry to throne room.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Not sure why quest does not start.

Error: Polle gives the wrong greeting upon throne room entry (no log entry results from this, either) then Polle exits to Vassa Tarnabye and does not return.
Dialogue: Do you know you are responsible for...
Suggested Fix: change dialogue conditions
and anything else you think i need to know: I think this is only for the Polle side.

Error: Rogkuroth does not follow player after discovering 2nd door is blocked.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit relevant ai or activate it in result script
and anything else you think i need to know: This is not a big problem, but Rog's possession of fire potion and presence in the puzzle chamber implies that he should have tagged along.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Delivery quest
Error: 2 of 8 stirk helmets are not removed
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: remove 1 by 1

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Stone Door(0065cd)
Error: Stone door to PGM is hard to open (small activation area
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: don't know, same problem as on map 9.

Error: proximity log entry (about fire) appears long after FIT quest is done
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit conditions for log entry

Error: all 4 possible companions follow player to meet cartello at quest conclusion. Amarius continues teleporting (but not following) after main quest completion. Of course, this last bit is only because I had to cheat to get to the quest completion bit. Normally A. would be dead by now, so fixing his ai is not important.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: check ai conditions/priority
and anything else you think i need to know: not a big problem, but may be connected to other issues.

I'm starting to think that the only way to straighten out all of the ai is to make two separate quests for each combined quest.
Last edited by fstony on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Another file is made; version 98. I'm sorry but I can't fix the scene where the zombies attack you and Marks. I've made it that the zombies attack you first, so he has some more time to say his words.

fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

In order to avoid confusion about which version of the file I'm commenting on, I repasted the complete list of errors for the last version in my previous post. There's no significant change above the bold line, but lots of new material below it. Theviking, make sure you take a look at the miners' side errors, as they may not have been addressed in this latest file.

Here are a few from the new file:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Jafan
Dialogue: "Tthank Stendarr"
Suggested Fix: "Thank Stendarr"

Error: Marks doesn't give the topic to pick up this quest after Errands completion. (But he does start a conversation)
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: add topic

Error: quest marker points to Rog, but Rog has nothing to say about it.
Entry: "the stirk chapel is on fire!"
Suggested Fix: change quest marker conditions.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

hey viking, any progress?
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yes, I think I fixed fstony's errors. I would like it if the playtesting focuses on the last two quests of the mainquest (puzzles and secrets of Vassa)of both of its sides, because I believe to majority of other errors have already been fixed. After those are done and good, I think we can release it.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

excellent! ive actually packaged all the resources (applicable 0oT pieces, voices, LOD, readme) already and sent them to a out of team playtester (to test not only the mod but also my packaging). ill give him the updated version :)

great work, once again :D
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:

These are Polle side errors:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Errands Quest
Dialogue: exiting news
Suggested Fix: exciting news
and anything else you think i need to know: Amarius says this

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Another Door, first stage
Error: Marks follows me around Ancient Ruin's first room, but will not leave the room to accompany me to the second room. Instead he walks towards his marker inside Ancient Ruin.
Dialogue:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: A little help
Error: Tablet topic causes quest stage jump without item removal if I talk to Alenion before touching second tablet
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: delete dialogue script result that iterates quest stage and add it to tablet script or edit dialogue conditions to prevent topic's early appearance

Error: Amarius stays on zombie platform, does not follow pc, except to teleport into new rooms.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: change ai priority or other ai fix
and anything else you think i need to know: this prevents him from unlocking gates and is generally annoying. He doesn't unlock the gates even if I cheat and walk back to talk to him. Nor does he take a throne. This suggests he's stuck on the wrong ai package, but check to see if the follow package has a short distance, like the others.

Error: Every time Alenion greets pc, he changes the direction which the pc is facing, which makes his left/right directions incorrect
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: None, unless you know a way to reorient the pc after dialogue with a script. If you switched all the dialogue to southwest, ne, etc., it might be clearer, but would seem be unrealistic for other reasons.
and anything else you think i need to know: A. does say sw and ne in some dialogue, which seems unrealistic for a blind man's guide, but gets the job done.

Error: no direction given
Dialogue: Alenion says "I have no greeting."
Suggested Fix: connect relevant greeting to script.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: another door
Error: ai has trouble navigating gate maze.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: I doubt it's worth messing around with paths.
and anything else you think i need to know: big surprise here

Error: door does not lock behind pc; Polle says his piece, then exits to Vassa T., never to return. If pc sits down fast enough, Polle will turn around and give monologue.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Not sure. Maybe Polle is still following a package that tells him to walk around town. If so, an evp and an edit of the package conditions/priorities might fix this. I am sure that, based on his dialogue, Polle needs to lock door behind player before initiating conversation. Of course, he doesn't necessarily have to walk over to the door. He's a magician, so using a script to lock it should be just fine.
and anything else you think i need to know: All this prevents quest completion.

Error: Marks sits down on a throne most of the time, but not every time.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: no idea where the variability is coming from
and anything else you think i need to know: this conflicts with Polle's monologue, so it needs to be fixed.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: secret of vassa
Error: Sometimes pc is stuck sitting on throne for what seems like forever. I didn't actually give it that long, and neither will our clients.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: kill polle instantly upon exit and enter Maugrue on a short timer via script.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: secret of Vassa.
Error: friends disappear in Vassa T., then reappear in PGMLShaft
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: they'd have trouble with the maze, but it'd be good to have them teleport through the door to Vassa anyway.

Error: Al continues to follow pc after vassa quest completion
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: edit follow package conditions.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
Rung
TR Tester

Post by Rung »

Hello,

great to see so much progress here. :)
Good work guys, hope you'll be able to release Stirk soon. I'll be sure to translate it into German, if you want me to. :)
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:
That's one of the most annoying Oblivion bugs. The function RemoveItem sometimes doesn't remove the correct amount of items.
http://cs.bethsoft.com/constwiki/index.php/Common_Bugs#Remove_Item
I've experienced this myself, it's a very annoying thing, but you can't do anything about it. :(
German Quester and head of
[url=http://odd.newraven.net][img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o244/Rung_Malbengund/image.jpg[/img][/url]
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Since you might be discouraged that errors seem to be persistent, I'd like to give some more information about the fixes I've done.

[quote="fstony"]Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: helmet quest
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:

As Rung said, it is an bethesda error, the quest does exactly the same thing as with similar Betheshda quests

Error: Marks follows me around Ancient Ruin's first room, but will not leave the room to accompany me to the second room. Instead he walks towards his marker inside Ancient Ruin.
Dialogue:

I've change this AI to a travel one instead of an escort, maybe it worked.

Error: Amarius stays on zombie platform, does not follow pc, except to teleport into new rooms.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: change ai priority or other ai fix
and anything else you think i need to know: this prevents him from unlocking gates and is generally annoying. He doesn't unlock the gates even if I cheat and walk back to talk to him. Nor does he take a throne. This suggests he's stuck on the wrong ai package, but check to see if the follow package has a short distance, like the others.

I gave him a similar package as the other two companions, I hope it helped. He should follow at a distance of 300

Error: Every time Alenion greets pc, he changes the direction which the pc is facing, which makes his left/right directions incorrect
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: None, unless you know a way to reorient the pc after dialogue with a script. If you switched all the dialogue to southwest, ne, etc., it might be clearer, but would seem be unrealistic for other reasons.
and anything else you think i need to know: A. does say sw and ne in some dialogue, which seems unrealistic for a blind man's guide, but gets the job done.

He already gives you compass directions as a general guideline, only with the traps it becomes bunky. I could of course let him tell you the opposite directions you need to go, but that would get confusing too.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: another door
Error: ai has trouble navigating gate maze.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: I doubt it's worth messing around with paths.
and anything else you think i need to know: big surprise here

I made a pathgird, but it will only work if you make the puzzle correctly.

Error: door does not lock behind pc; Polle says his piece, then exits to Vassa T., never to return. If pc sits down fast enough, Polle will turn around and give monologue.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Not sure. Maybe Polle is still following a package that tells him to walk around town. If so, an evp and an edit of the package conditions/priorities might fix this. I am sure that, based on his dialogue, Polle needs to lock door behind player before initiating conversation. Of course, he doesn't necessarily have to walk over to the door. He's a magician, so using a script to lock it should be just fine.
and anything else you think i need to know: All this prevents quest completion.

I checked everything and he isn't supposed to go outside Vassa, so I don't know what causes this. The dialogue now gives a journal update which locks the door.

Error: Marks sits down on a throne most of the time, but not every time.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: no idea where the variability is coming from
and anything else you think i need to know: this conflicts with Polle's monologue, so it needs to be fixed.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: secret of vassa
Error: Sometimes pc is stuck sitting on throne for what seems like forever. I didn't actually give it that long, and neither will our clients.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: kill polle instantly upon exit and enter Maugrue on a short timer via script.

No idea what causes all of this, he essentially has the same AI package as Rokguroth. The quest kills Polle and lets the lich enter without timers, it all happens simoutaniously.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: secret of Vassa.
Error: friends disappear in Vassa T., then reappear in PGMLShaft
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: they'd have trouble with the maze, but it'd be good to have them teleport through the door to Vassa anyway.

Again no idea what causes this, they havent got a different AI package, no script causes this, the quest itself doesn't do it. I made a pathgrid in Vassa Tarnabye, maybe this resolves it.

fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

These are Polle side errors:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: beginning of Noises quest
Error: Marks does not accompany player to ruin
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: check package conditions--MarksExploreRuin can't be used yet, as another door quest hasn't started yet. If there's a reason for that condition, you may need to add a new package of relatively low priority.
and anything else you think i need to know: this problem removes any Polle-Side zombie dialogue issues, so it's not all bad. :)

Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:
and anything else you think i need to know: seems to be fixed, but since Marks is starting from the bonfire, not the Ancient Ruin, I am not 100% sure.

Error: Marks no longer follows PC through first bit of puzzles section
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Package FollowThroughRuin (I think this is the relevant ai.) is not executed. I checked the conditions and priority; they are both good. I think the problem may be that Marks is in a separate cell when the quest starts. If PC goes to talk to him for fire potion , he starts following (but not if dialogue is before fire entry and consequent evp). Possibly adding an evp to stage 10 log entry would kickstart Marks. Alternatively, having Marks follow pc back from blocked door might also fix it, but that adds more complexity to this Dagwood sandwich.

Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Not sure. Unlocking package priority is higher than the follow package, so this ought to be good. Edit FollowThroughRuinAmarius conditions to include !=stage 70 ?
and anything else you think i need to know: At least he's in the right place.

Location: east corner of ruin's elevator trap room, facing wall to the SW.
Error: no direction given
Dialogue: Alenion says "I have no greeting."
Suggested Fix: connect relevant greeting to script.

Error: Sometimes Marks and Amarius will not sit down.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: I don't have the time right now to tease out all of the conditions for all of the throne packages. If no one else offers a solution, I'll get to it eventually.

Error: Sitting down on throne too early prevents Polle monologue and subsequent events or initiates monologue without other sitters.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: prevent script from executing until Polle's 1st Vassa greeting.

Error: Polle's greeting and log entry repeats each time PC speaks to him.
Dialogue: "Therander Polle was waiting for us..."
Suggested Fix: check "say once"

Error: exit door (0065cd) from Vassa T still has activation problem.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:
and anything else you think i need to know: Should I post this in the oot thread?

I haven't quite finished the Polle side, so there may be a couple more.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

hey viking, hows this going?
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

One problem with the thrones is that Marksinn needs Tr07q006SitInThrone to be placed in the 2nd package position. Sadly, that is insufficient to explain the problems I've been having. I haven't made any other breakthroughs to date.

Edit:
Marks will sit down if you add the above package. I have now determined a couple of things. First, the last batch of errors came from a saved game in which I never had the last speech of A Little Help. (A state of affairs which many players may experience, given the lack of instruction that says, "Go talk to your friends to see if they are all right.") Anyway, this may have messed up the final NPC follow package, but I doubt it was the cause of any of the other errors. Now that I've replayed the throne sequence a few times with ALHelp completed, I can say that the following problems are still with us.
Second, Amarius will sit down if I push him close enough to the thrones before I seat myself. For some reason he doesn't budge from the throne room entrance stairway. The console reveals that he is indeed on a Follow package. I don't know why he would not move, unless he is stuck on an earlier follow package. He might have picked up so much stuff that he can't move, but I doubt it.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Rogkuroth
Error: After Main quest quest completion Rog refers to Ambrogio with the present tense.
Dialogue: "...but Father Ambrogio is irreplaceable."
Suggested Fix: "...but Father Ambrogio was irreplaceable."

Error: Player needs to be told to talk to Amarius to conclude this quest.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Add stage 125 to A Little Help. It should say, "I should talk to my friends to see if they are all right." Trigger this stage in the result script of the gate puzzle solution log entry.
and anything else you think i need to know: I'm not sure if Amarius has a forcegreet to wrap this up; but if so, it's not working.

Error: On entry to the throne room, NPCs fall through staircase.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: None. I checked the entrance location and it looked good. This is really a game engine problem.
and anything else you think i need to know: Not a game killer; they seemed to be able to climb up to the surface of the stairs. How? I don't know.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I'll make some short work of these errors in a short while, I promise. I'm sorry for my absence. (had a little vacation to Ireland)

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Here is the latest version. I was hoping I fixed all the problems for now, but for every three problems I fix there are 2 new problems creeping up. Two are particularely annoying: Alenion (and in a lesser degree Amarius) keep following me after I escorted them to the ruin. The AI package in the puzzles quest is annoying too. It is constantly overriding amarius lockpicking AI and Marks keeps appearing because of it. Both problems shouldn't be possible, I doublechecked to make sure of that. Argh.

fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

Some Polle side errors:

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Dupineon
Error: says he when she would be more appropriate. (The line is still confusing either way.)
Dialogue: "No idea how he feels."
Suggested Fix: "No idea how she feels."

Dialogue: "western most bastion"
Suggested Fix: "westernmost bastion"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: PGM lobby ceiling ornaments
Error: Stalactites don't really belong in a gold mine like this.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: None. It's too late to start fixing this sort of thing.

Dialogue:
Suggested Fix:
and anything else you think i need to know: console says he is on a follow package.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Maugrue
Error: Does not make an entrance.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Not sure.
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Beware, this file is better than ever. In fact, I was able to play out the miners side without errors! I'm pretty sure this is also true for the Polle side. A real breakthrough proved to be that I created a special AI package for each of the actions of the 4 companions (Alenion, Amarius, Marks and Rogkuroth) which allowed me to fix their errors without affecting someone elses AI.

fstony
Developer

Post by fstony »

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Marks
Error: Marks does not say anything at start of zombie attack
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: None, it was always a rough spot.
and anything else you think i need to know: I can't remember if we did this on purpose.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Father in trouble quest log
Dialogue: "He blames father Ambrogio"
Suggested Fix: He blames Father Ambrogio"

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Marks
Error: Wanders in front of 2nd door (to Vassa T.) before pc touches gear removal tablet.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: None, this is not really a problem, but it may be an unintentional change.

Error: Every time he unlocks a gate, A. walks back to a spot in front of gear removal tablet
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: This is releasable, but it's a little wierd. Have A. stop meandering.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: ALH
Error: After loud crash, Amarius is still standing next to pc and will talk to him. On a 2nd run, A. follows pc through swinging blade trap.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: Check A's package conditions.
and anything else you think i need to know: subtitles show Marks being KO'd repeatedly by traps.

Error: Amarius continues wandering after ALH quest completion. On 2nd run he does actually follow, but only as far as zombies.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: check AI follow package conditions (I don't think he was actually on the wrong package, but it's also hard to believe that it's just a pathgrid problem.)
and anything else you think i need to know: This must be fixed prior to release.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Polle
Error: After final monologue, Polle walks to Vassa T, not Vassa M. On 2nd Run, it's ok.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: This point in the quest has always had this intermittent bug, but I don't know what causes it.

Error: Still presents bad greeting
Dialogue: "I have no greeting."
Suggested Fix: check script correspondences.

Quest/Object/NPC/whatever Name: Stone Door
Error: Hard to activate.
Dialogue:
Suggested Fix: replace door.
and anything else you think i need to know: This is releasable, but quite annoying.

I only had time to play the polle side 1.5 times, not test this rigorously. Still, I'll say that it's one error from being ready for initial release. Of course, it would be good to get confirmation from multiple testers. Are the rapier and statue ready? I don't see them when I play. I will be away from my desk for 2 weeks and unable to test during that period. See you later.

P.s. I never met Sevillus Stirk before. Has he been hiding upstairs for the last 4 months?
â€â€￾ W.E.B. DuBois