Silgrad Tower to Tamriel Rebuilt

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Theron Udraer
Developer
Location: my palace in the sky with my own (female) servants who do anything i want them to do...

Silgrad Tower to Tamriel Rebuilt

Post by Theron Udraer »

I recently checked out Silgrad Tower, as I have never seen it before, and on the website I found many of our members as modders. Is there any feud or relation to ST here at TR? I think I heard somewhere that we are sworn enemies to them. COuld someone clear this up?
if you read my location and thought "woah what a perverted old man!", then you must be a perv yourself. because i never said anything about them being strippers... heheehheehheee

---------------------------------

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

There is no feud. ST split from TR long ago over differences on what the mod should be (TR taking a purist stance, ST wanting to give more freedom to modders). Some old timers had quite the animosity afterwards.

But you know what? A lot of water has passed under the bridges since then, and none of the grudge-bearers are still with us.

We don't have a problem with ST anymore than we have a problem with Wizards Islands or Yesterbreeze. People make mods as they wish, it's a hobby, not a job.
Theron Udraer
Developer
Location: my palace in the sky with my own (female) servants who do anything i want them to do...

Post by Theron Udraer »

okay, thanks
if you read my location and thought "woah what a perverted old man!", then you must be a perv yourself. because i never said anything about them being strippers... heheehheehheee

---------------------------------

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Hey Gez - yeah I read sig's. I'll have you know that we "borrowed" those sounds from some of the best sites we could find! :] (well, the old ones, anyway.)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Greybeard wrote:Hey Gez - yeah I read sig's. I'll have you know that we "borrowed" those sounds from some of the best sites we could find! :] (well, the old ones, anyway.)
Why do you assume I don't know what I'm talking about? I made the creature sounds myself two days away from release because there were no creature sounds at all and nobody volunteered to make them! They are crap improvised at the last minute and I know it because I did it.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I presume your sounds were lost, Greybeard.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Hey, Sload! It's been awhile! Yeah, and maybe it's just as well they were "lost." I can't even remember the name of the guy I worked with back then. I do remember we had some awesome bats and a man-eating plant, among other things.

I just spent a couple hours of nostalgia in Bal Oyra. My absolutely very first interior is still there - and looks even more junky than I remember. :lol: Someone stole the slaughterfish trophy, though. :cry:
Versipellis

Silgrad Tower

Post by Versipellis »

I've played Silgrad Tower. It's good, but not a scratch on Tamriel Rebuilt. They really don't seem to take their mod seriously! However, Kogo'Tel might be a bit disappointing after the Silgrad Tower "Megacity" (300 buildings!). I guess the only reason that there's a Hlaalu city in the middle of Redoran territory is that they're too lazy to build in Redoran. I like Redoran, myself.
I'm not trying to be a necromancer, but I'm doing a bloody good job of it... :-(
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

don't necromance
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo