Silgrad Tower mod

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Jeeves1492

Silgrad Tower mod

Post by Jeeves1492 »

What exactly is the Silgrad Tower mod or the Blackight thingy? Is it connected at all with TR?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

No, not any more.

Long story short, they wanted to do stuff differently.

[url]http://bethblog.com/index.php/2007/12/26/mod-interview-razorwing-of-silgrad-tower/[/url]
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Was Silgrad Tower a city in Lore? If yes, is it in our Morrowind?
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Yes it was, and yes it is. It's been renamed. Ask Sload what it is now. :P

Or Nemon.
Last edited by Nanu on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Nanu Ra wrote:...Ask Sload what it is now. :P
Even better, ask me!

Silgrad Tower is now translated into Kogo'Tel, which is included my last Morrowind exterior claim. Kogo'Tel means "strong tower" or something like that, and is a Redoran city close to Silgrod Pass, which is the exit from Morrowind to Skyrim.

The long story of TR vs Silgrad is kind of amusing, as long as you don't take things too seriously. However, at the time there was tension, but things worked out for the best for all parties.
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

A bit sad to lose so many talented and committed people.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Ahem Kogotél
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

like Panamá
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sload wrote:Ahem Kogotél
Ahem, please fix my claim then.
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19346
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

I have to admit I know Silgrad Tower for quite some time now. Never played Ob versions, but went through the Morrowind one.
I gotta say it must have taken so much work and so dedication that it's definitely worth visiting. But i sincerely think our mod is much more alive, and I particularly love our rigor regarding lore and bethesda vision. Coz this mod, guys, will be truly the Province of morrowind, and we can be sure that it has the quality expected from such a wonderful team.

Our mod is better. Muuuuuuuch better.

;)
-- "From the heart, the light; from the head, the law." - Excerpt from "Book of Dawn and Dusk"

-- The Elder Scrolls will become even better with Tamriel Rebuilt.

-- Thanks to Minttu Hynninen - creator of my avatar - who gave me permission to use it.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Nemon wrote:
Nanu Ra wrote:...Ask Sload what it is now. :P
Even better, ask me!

Silgrad Tower is now translated into Kogo'Tel, which is included my last Morrowind exterior claim. Kogo'Tel means "strong tower" or something like that, and is a Redoran city close to Silgrod Pass, which is the exit from Morrowind to Skyrim.

The long story of TR vs Silgrad is kind of amusing, as long as you don't take things too seriously. However, at the time there was tension, but things worked out for the best for all parties.

Nemon, are you saying that on the map and in the game, you're naming that region Kogo'Tel? Because on the map, it clearly says Silgrad Tower. But then again, this was a fan made map, right? Or is this an official bethesda map?
Is your claim for that region going to include all the places that the original Silgrad Tower mod had? Or is yours different by adding more places and towns?

[url=http://img209.imageshack.us/i/maproadslore.jpg/][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4217/maproadslore.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Kogo'Tel means "Unbreakable Tower" in the Dunmeri language.

If I'm not mistaken, that map was firstly fanmade, and secondly mostly based on information from Arena and Daggerfall (look at all the missed out Cyrodiil towns!). Lots of lore not concerning the main quest in those games was incomplete, generic, and not in keeping with the mystical, unique feel found in Morrowind.

Silgrad Tower doesn't feel like it fits in a game with town names like Sadrith Mora, Molag Mar, and Ald Ruhn, so we've decided that Silgrad Tower is the imperialised name for the town, and that it's Dunmeri name is Kogo'Tel.

This also helps differentiate what we make from the rival Silgrad Tower project.

If you look at the part of that map that covers Telvannis, you'll see that there are more towns in our mod than in that map. We will likely do the same for the Redoran portion of Morrowind (which includes the Kogo'Tel) too.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Arth is a community map man, he is not official. Silgrad Tower doesn't at all sound dunmeri so it likely would have been changed even without the rival mod. Fun thing about TES lore is that it can always be wrong if it can be better.

Our mod will include things that should be there. I'm don't know what is in Silgrad Tower, and don't particularly care as it has no relevance here. This isn't meant to be harsh, we just do things our own way.

Also, this is very much necromancy of a thread that I am frankly surprised wasn't locked back in 2008.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

You're right, Silgrad Tower doesn't fit. It does sound better as Kogo'Tel.

Well, I was looking for a Silgrad Tower topic in which to post because I didn't want to clutter up the forum with another topic on the same issue. So I saved space by replying to this one.

It'd be a real headache to sift through hundreds of pages like on BethSoft Forums. That's a great forum but it's a god awful mess.

You guys answered my question, so thanks! :)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Locked.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I could have sworn I locked this myself...
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo