Mr. Versipellis' Dres Art

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Versipellis

Mr. Versipellis' Dres Art

Post by Versipellis »

Okay, I drew my own art!
It's very wooden, and quite crude seeing as the Dres live in a forest. The cities ate round and fortress like, very forboding with ENORMOUS walls. The area around them is treeless and surrounded by farm land.
There's a bit of Tudor influence in here (take a look at the town of Chester in the UK). The streets are packed and the roofs overhang the streets, making them shadowy.
There are a lot of mad angles - I thought the Dres would want to show off their wealth. They build in a style very distantly Velothi, but with far more organic design because of where they live.
The round cities are built around a central market or slave-pit and sectioned into districts, ie guilds in the north, rich houses in the south, slums to the east, governer's estate to the west.
The diamondy shapes on the walls aren't decor; they're windows. I've included a guide to the textures I use, but it's VERY rough.
I'm not exactly a master artist, and I'm still at school by quite a way. This is my vision of Dres; hope you like it!
Attachments
Sketches.zip
This is it. Please take a look!
(208.67 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
I'm not trying to be a necromancer, but I'm doing a bloody good job of it... :-(
Versipellis

RAVINGS!!!!

Post by Versipellis »

HAHAHAHAHA!
I POSTED SOMETHING NOSENSICLE!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe I should get out more...
I'm not trying to be a necromancer, but I'm doing a bloody good job of it... :-(
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

please do not spam
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I looked them over, I found the gate interesting and I might take some ideas off of that.

I'm not sure why you needed to upload them directly, and then as a zip file. There are a number of imagehosting sites you can use just as well that are easier and safer. Two examples are ImageShack and Photobucket. If you have them size down, then you can even post them directly into your posts so that they are displayed.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
Versipellis

Post by Versipellis »

Túrelio wrote:I looked them over, I found the gate interesting and I might take some ideas off of that.

I'm not sure why you needed to upload them directly, and then as a zip file. There are a number of imagehosting sites you can use just as well that are easier and safer. Two examples are ImageShack and Photobucket. If you have them size down, then you can even post them directly into your posts so that they are displayed.
SOrry; I just wasn't sure how to do that. I found it much easier just to upload a zip. I was also short on time... Understand?
Thankyou for your comments... I also like the gate.
Thrignar Fraxix wrote:please do not spam
Sorry, I was just messing around on my own thread.
Sorry, we don't seem to be getting on so well... No hard feelings?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Do not double post, especially with only ten minutes in between. Double posting constitutes spam. I have merged your double post to the previous post. Use the EDIT feature in the future, it is located below your post after the "Reply with Quote" feature.

Do not reply to this post.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Welcome, Versipellis! I see that you've been a member for -er- four days already!

The first thing you should probably learn if you're going to be a concept artist is how to put your art up. Generally it's best to use a hosting site such as those mentioned above. (I use photobucket and am very happy with it.) These sites are free, in case you're concerned about that.

The sooner that you learn little things like that (and the old double-post/spam rules), the sooner you'll avoid the rather "firm" responses from members who've been around here for awhile.

Again, welcome, and enjoy your time here! - Grey