Map Extender - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Seleucus I

Map Extender - SOLVED

Post by Seleucus I »

I have seen multiple referances to a map extender for the mini map, but I cannot find one. Where would I find this file?
the_cosmonaut
Developer

Post by the_cosmonaut »

We used to recommend FPS optimizer 2.0, but it has some issues.
A newer and better solution is the Morrowind Code Patch ([url]http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=8d71d45938dbe7f9c05e8dd8e3ad8672&showtopic=925813[/url]).
Make sure to check the map extension option (the last one in the list) because it is unchecked by default
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Ya beat me, Cosmo! So I'll just add a second to the Morrowind Code Patch. It has a lot more than just the map fix, and I haven't had a problem with it so far. Nice that it backs up the original Morrowind.exe just in case, though. Also nice that you don't have to start your games over also.

I am getting the "Master files don't match" warning, but I'm too lazy to open and save all my mods, since there hasn't been a problem.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

You can use Wrye Mash to update mods to their new masters without having to open and save them in the editor...