Sandrew's showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Sandrew
Developer

Sandrew's showcase

Post by Sandrew »

Not much of a showcase really, but still a thread to show my stuff. I built a mediumsized house with the mournhold tileset and DE clutter. Two floors, reasonably detailed though a bit bare in the far end on the lower floor (a result of the tileset sucking, forcing me to redesign the east portion of the house so the stairs would fit into the house without ugly gaps).

I didn't link the interior to an exterior location so the only way to get there is by COC. The cell is named "DurrrHurr." I also didn't add any NPC's.

In any case, have fun tearing up my work. ;)

Cheers.

p.s. I can't use any objects from the TR Data pack, they appear in my list of objects but I can't drag them into my workspace, does anyone know how to fix this?
Attachments
Durrr.ESP
Cell named "DurrrHurr", no entrances other then COC.
(14.51 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

make sure to register your bsa. other then that, i have no idea what could be causing it.

welcome!
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

How do I register a bsa?

And thanks.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Welcome.

You run BSAReg.exe.
It should be in the same directory as your morrowind.exe, if I remember correctly.
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

That worked sort of. I can add some models but it seems to have something to do with the path for the model itself.

[img]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9134/trnotrms9.jpg[/img]

For example, I can add the TR_furn_cot_rug_01 to 03, but I can't add TR_furn_crate_broke01 etc. All the models I can't add have TR\[letter]\[something].nif in their model path, while all the models I can add start without the TR in their model path.

And I don't have the slightest clue what it all means too. :P
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

The objects that don't have TR in their filepaths are vanilla models (included with the original game), so what you've done with the TR Data Files will have no impact on their ability to display. I suspect that your bsa is not registered if you can't use any actual TR files. To make sure it's registered, open your Morrowind.ini file, scroll to the Archives section, and make sure TR_Data.bsa is on the list of archives. If it isn't, add a line to the bottom of the list that says Archive X=TR_Data.bsa, where X is the next number after whichever ones are used. This information is also in the readme.
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Odd, BSAReg said I already registered everything, but it didn't show up in the Archives section. Either way, everything seems to work properly now.

Thank you for your help.

edit; Updated my 'mod.'I linked the interior to an exterior (an ugly house in the Grazelands near an Ashlander camp, I still suggest you get to the interior location by COC), added an npc, did some fixes and had some problems with random things dissapearing.
Attachments
Durrr.ESP
Cellname: DurrrHurr
Exterior location: Grazelands 10,10.
(76.36 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

I built a small Imperial monastery in the Molag Amur region. I named it the Molag Amur Monastery. It has a chapel, mess hall, practice and weapons storage room, a small smithy, sleeping quarters and a room for the abbot. Eight monks live there.

Also, I don't want to be pushy or anything, but can somebody review the file I posted earlier? In fact, I think I'll post the cleaned (at least, I think it's clean) version here as well.

Thanks.
Attachments
Clean Durrr.ESP
Same file as before, except I tried to clean this one.
(76.07 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Clean Clean Monastery.ESP
Small monastery in the Molag Amur region.

Cellname: Molag Amur Monastery
(122.65 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

took a look at the interior. the chair upstairs floated. the blue pitcher and plates on the shelf also floated.
other than that it is not only error free but also very well designed.

As far as im concerned youre ready for modder status :)

Member Promoted for Interior Modding. Congratulations, that was a fast one!
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Awesome, thanks alot :)
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Congratulations on the quick promotion. And welcome to the team. :)
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Congradjulations. I didn't even get to review your showcase. I was planning to, and then Lady N beat me to it. But good job getting promoted.