Cooleoj Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Cooleoj

Cooleoj Showcase

Post by Cooleoj »

Hello all on TR.
Im not an old or a new modder. Im pretty good at exteriors and interiors, And i want to join TR. Ive heard that you must upload an file so you can review it and when im fixed all errors i can become and TR modder. So i have made i little shack on an island near Seyda Neen.
Attachments
Clean aSimpleShack.esp
(128.57 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Excellent...
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

We prefer interiors, which require to have seen the use of grid snap. A velothi tomb, a dwemer ruin, a house etc. And using the promoted tag is unwise, when you have not been promoted just yet.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Cooleoj

Post by Cooleoj »

What does Grid Snap do?
Excellent...
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

It snaps objects to an invisible grid allowing you to fit pieces of buildings exactly to eachother. You can set the size of the grid in File -> Preferences.

Angle Snap is similar, it rotates objects a set number of degrees, the number of degrees can be set in preferences as well.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Gridsnap also only works when set to powers of two (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 64, 128, 256, etc.) Most pieces used in gridsnapping have sides 128 or 256 units.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Cooleoj

Post by Cooleoj »

Ok thanks. But can anywhone look at my work?
Excellent...
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Don't know if I'm allowed to do this as I'm not a modder but here are some bleeders and floaters I could find:

Table has two floating legs.
Stool has floating legs.
Barrels only touch the ground with a small edge.
Benuni Felata's chest has a floating 'leg' and bleeds slightly into the wall.
Half of the hammock is floating.

Bottle on table bleeds into table.
Skillbook bleeds slightly into table.
Goblet bleeds slightly into table.
Pillow bleeds through the hammock.
Breads bleeding through eachother.
Crab meat bleeds slightly through the edge of the plate it's lying on.

Most are easily fixed by manually lowering the objects into the ground (it's a dirt floor so I think it's acceptable) or moving them slightly out of another object. Your file also needs a north-marker to point out where the north is.

I might have been too picky but this was all I could find. Other then this it's looking good, pretty much an average shack like Beth would make them.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

just want to say though, you won't get promoted for a shack, even if it is perfect
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Don't know if I'm allowed to do this as I'm not a modder but here are some bleeders and floaters I could find
Anyone can give a review; you don't have to be a TR Modder to do so, you just need to know what your doing. And know that you're even welcome to do this as it lightens the load of the TR Team.
Cooleoj

Post by Cooleoj »

So if i make a dwemer ruin, i can get promoted?
Excellent...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

if its good, or you fix it until it is
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Cooleoj

Post by Cooleoj »

Ok then i start working on that. :)
Excellent...
Cooleoj

Post by Cooleoj »

I have decided to make a small island group instead of making a dwemer ruin because i did by mistake delete the esp with the dwemer ruin. :(
Excellent...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

that sucks, good luck on the island (I deleted my exterior showcase back in the day by accident)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Hah, did that too when I tried joining TR years ago. They still accepted me as there was no quality control for incomming members. Reviewers were rather harsh though. Which was probably why I left.

That, and the fact that I tried taking on four claims at once.