Khann1bl3's Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Khann1bl3

Khann1bl3's Showcase

Post by Khann1bl3 »

Got it done last night. Intended to have an attached quest, but was having problems with the sodding journal, you can get to it by traveling south from the lighthouse in Seyda Neen.

By the way, I already know I forgot to make a door that lead back outside, well I didn't, but I forgot to link it to the outside. I meant to fix that, but my power went out mid project, so you're getting the door free version. Everything else is fine though.

P.S.: I didn't decorate the island this is on. This is purely to show what I can do with interiors, I'll repost this later with a fixed up exterior and questline.
Attachments
Shayz Kay's Tomb.ESP
(154.21 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
The only thing beyond the grasp of a modder is the ability to enter the game with anything other than an avatar. We are both magnificent and pathetic.
Or something like that.
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Did a quick check on your file and found the following errors.

I'm splitting this into two parts for easier reading/reviewing.

Shayz Kay's Room:

Bleeders:

Basket in scrib cage
Drawers are bleeding slightly into in_velothicave_02
Basket next to the scrib cage is bleeding into the floor.

Floaters:

Everything on the table
Candle on the bookshelf
The green pots and three books on the bottom of the shelf
Books on the highest shelf
The urn with scrolls behind the bookshelf is balanced on the rug in a way that would have it tip over
The chair near the bookshelf has two legs floating off the rug
The potted plant is floating
The grill is floating and bleeding into the firepit.
The small chest on the closet could use better positioning, or has to be bled into the closet sufficiently so that you can't look 'through' it from beneath.

Stuff:

I don't really like the mixing of different styles. The com_r chairs definately don't fit the interior. Asside from that the overal design is good. Decoration is pretty good as well, though there are a lot of floaters.

There also appears to be a dead guy lying in a floating hammock behind the rear wall ;)

Shayz Kay's Cave:

Bleeders:

The open crate near the entrance bleeds too much.
Both crates on the upper level bleed into the cave walls.

Floaters:

The book Childrens Anuad is floating.
The book Affairs of Wizards is floating as well.
The sack in the crate should bleed into the crate a bit, even though you can't see it.

Stuff:

I didn't like some elements like the vivec grate. It doesn't seem to fit in a cave. The de_r shelf and the books also don't seem to belong in a moist cave like this. Especially seeing how Shayz Kay has a seperate living room. The blue light also bothers me, but that's probably just a matter of personal taste. I really liked the mummy and his stuff after the underwater passage.

I didn't check if it's clean (it probably isn't, seeing how there's a door in the middle of Seyda-Neen :P)
Khann1bl3

Post by Khann1bl3 »

Alright, I'll fix it up.

The velothi grate is because I intended to have Shayz mention that the ocean actually passed through his cave, allowing slaughterfish (his source of food). The grate was to show that something lead outside and I considered actually having it lead outside. If I was doing this on commission, I probably would have used the black lava cave square at the end of a tight tunnel made of rocks.

The body in the hammock behind te wall was originally part of a questline I was making for the cave, in which Shayz asks you to prove he is not dead. You end up convincing everybody, then returning to find the entire cave dark and dank, with Shayz Kay's skeleton laying on the hammock.

The chairs are just bad design choic on my part, should have used a crappy stool or something, the same for the table.

The shelves and stuff are to show habitation, but I wasn't thinking about the waterfall just feet away.

I'll fix this, might take a few days because I'm strapped for time. Scholarships to apply for, book to edit.
The only thing beyond the grasp of a modder is the ability to enter the game with anything other than an avatar. We are both magnificent and pathetic.
Or something like that.
Khann1bl3

Post by Khann1bl3 »

Oh yes, and the door is for the convenience of myself and the tester.
Or something like that.