q2-19-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

q2-19-Imp

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q2-19-Imp (#2108)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_2-2-Tel (#65)
Claimed by: 6plus
Files: TR_q2-19-Imp_6plus_1.esp

---

East Empire Company, Helnim, first batch of quests for Lorus (TR_m2_A0_FlinGalore, TR_m2_EEC_Lorus1, Lorus2)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14_Q ... y=CJHct5cI

Questline design discussion included in the thread, be sure to use the plans provided above.

Lorus3, 4 and 5 will be made available once this claim is complete.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Just for reference, here is the plan so far. I'm looking at 10 quests in total, but one is so short it's not really a quest and another is just a misc quest (from Adurin-Ouaka) which isn't new. So yeah, 8 really. If we're looking at 3-4 EEC 'bases' across all 6 maps that should be about right.

These quests are all relatively low level and will cover the first few ranks. The last three only have a premise, but no details yet. Exact rank progression and some other details have not been planned yet either.

Only two quests have been added since my last post [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20463]here[/url], I think.
Attachments
EEC ver2.pdf
East Empire Company Questline, version 2
(23.99 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I just read through your pdf, there some good ideas there.
I like the quest idea 'Miner Problems', looks interesting, clever title as well :P. definetly some good work.

I had an idea that might help you as well. since the EEC likes to trade in raw goods, maybe some more 'mine interiors' could be made to accomidate some of the new TR Gems and Ores? could be an idea.

I'm also curious, even though this is a rather broad question, do you think it'll be possbile to build an estate on one of the maps like you could on Solstheim?
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Thanks :) Well, technically this group's Factor should be responsible for every mine on maps 1 and 2 (and probably some on map 3), but their influence is actually quite small due to the power of the Telvanni here. They run the Helnim diamond mine, but everything else is only if the Telvanni let them, thus the later quest about giving them access to the Helnim eggmine.

I think a stronghold is unlikely. This isn't a new colony and the EEC has very little power here.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

AH right, I forgot about that factor.

okay now the whole eggmine scenario makes more sense. thats a good idea too. so have you any idea about how to take over the eggmine?

I was thinking about it and maybe you could hire some people as guards (like you did in raven rock) but disguise them as Telvanni Guards and eventaully sort of... lock the actaul Telvanni guards out when their shifts change or something? This would be one alternative to aquiring the mine.

you'd either go about..

- Deceptivly stealing the Mine.
- Buying the Mine.
- Brute force and raiding the Mine.
- Making another entrance to the Mine. **

** you could make/dig another entrance (hiring Miners in an earlier quest), and then do what I suggested above about deception, eventaully blocking off the telvanni's original mine entrance.

... Also Sorry, I feel like im stealing your quest >.<
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I had a read of these and they look pretty good. I imagine a strengthened EEC means a strengthened Empire, which would affect the central variable which determines the power balance.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

I forgot about these. There's not much left to be done here, so I hope someone will be able to pick these up and finish them off.

Remaining:

1. Finish off TR_m2_EEC_Lorus3, which is about half done and needs some more detail.

2. Write TR_m2_EEC_Mero2, which only really has a vague idea attached to it at the moment.

My comments/suggestions in blue.
Attachments
EEC Quests ver3.doc
East Empire Company Questline, version 3
(43 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Finished this off during dinner. The only changes are to the two quests listed in my last post.

This is done and ready for scrutiny. Comments on TR_m2_EEC_Mero2 in particular would be appreciated.

Edit: I should probably actually attach the file.... >.<
Attachments
EEC Quests ver4.pdf
(84.68 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Excellent work, as always.

Few minor detailly things.

First is that I'm not sure if perhaps we need to give out a bit more FacRep here? I'm unsure how many other EEC HQs there are gonna be, so maybe more than three ranks per thing might be necessary. I'll check up on this myself, though, don't worry.

Regarding the actual quests:

In Lorus1, I'd avoid pestering the sailors and initiating violence if I was playing, (if it was clear they got angrier each time I asked), so perhaps that needs to be made more clear that that is the route the player needs to take.

At the end of Lorus1, "he says he will investigate, but nothing happens" you say, but then immediately he puts you on the case to investigate it yourself in Lorus2. The links between these two quests need to be smoothed over. So he says 'this bears investigation. Ready for more duties?' Duties: 'Well, I'm concerned about Tarus, so speak to Melia...' etc. Or, delay it like Lorus3 by having a rank requirement. If practicable, I'd prefer that option.

Which of the options do you actually prefer in Lorus3? I don't like the kwama warrior one, but the others are great.

Also, the situation in the mine is that it's flooded and the queen is dead. So they're trying to delay before the Empire find out. So some kind of consequence once Jociel has a look round needs to be added.

If Helnim Gambit has occurred, then I think there needs to be an alternative quest, because we're currently hypothesising the removal of the Governor as part of that line.

I'd use the pawnbroker Aarlen Lleranoth for Cule1, because he actually is already a Dwemer smuggler, and in no other quests yet.

Anyway, the Mero quests are fantastic. I like this line a lot, a lot flexibility, a lot of fun quests, and a great faction line. Nice work.

I'm definitely gonna try and find out how many other bases the EEC have. Zaren and Culenne could perhaps do with one more quest if there aren't many?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:First is that I'm not sure if perhaps we need to give out a bit more FacRep here? I'm unsure how many other EEC HQs there are gonna be, so maybe more than three ranks per thing might be necessary. I'll check up on this myself, though, don't worry.
Ok. I was going on 4 EEC bases, so wanted it to hit about 25 FactionRep, but let me know if it's going to be less. Only 2 advancements is a little small, I know.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:In Lorus1, I'd avoid pestering the sailors and initiating violence if I was playing, (if it was clear they got angrier each time I asked), so perhaps that needs to be made more clear that that is the route the player needs to take.
How about Melia cautions that the sailors are rough types and you should be prepared to defend yourself (but emphasises no killing). I'd like it to be along the lines of the Bloodmoon quest where you have to calm down the guy in the bar.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:At the end of Lorus1, "he says he will investigate, but nothing happens" you say, but then immediately he puts you on the case to investigate it yourself in Lorus2. The links between these two quests need to be smoothed over. So he says 'this bears investigation. Ready for more duties?' Duties: 'Well, I'm concerned about Tarus, so speak to Melia...' etc. Or, delay it like Lorus3 by having a rank requirement. If practicable, I'd prefer that option.
Good point. Rank requirement would be better, I think. But currently that can only be Rank 2: Clerk (because there simply isn't enough FactionRep available to get any further by this point).
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Which of the options do you actually prefer in Lorus3? I don't like the kwama warrior one, but the others are great.
Options? The idea was that the player had to do them all. The kwama warrior thing is a bit too simple, but there isn't very much fighting involved in this line so I thought it could do with a bit.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Also, the situation in the mine is that it's flooded and the queen is dead. So they're trying to delay before the Empire find out. So some kind of consequence once Jociel has a look round needs to be added.
How on earth did I miss that? Ok, will think about it. That might actually provide a more interesting replacement for the kwama warrior bit.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:If Helnim Gambit has occurred, then I think there needs to be an alternative quest, because we're currently hypothesising the removal of the Governor as part of that line.
I thought the Governor was kept on as a puppet? At least he is in the latest version I have. Is there a more recent plan? I think some discussion about the Helnim Gambit would be good, because frankly I not a big fan of several of the quests.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:I'd use the pawnbroker Aarlen Lleranoth for Cule1, because he actually is already a Dwemer smuggler, and in no other quests yet.
Sounds good to me. I'll get a new version up when I have a minute later.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

MMMowSkwoz wrote:Good point. Rank requirement would be better, I think. But currently that can only be Rank 2: Clerk (because there simply isn't enough FactionRep available to get any further by this point).
Yeah... I think just smoothing it over will be fine. If we do end up squeezing a few more ranks in, then we can go for the delay.
MMMowSkwoz wrote:How on earth did I miss that? Ok, will think about it. That might actually provide a more interesting replacement for the kwama warrior bit.
Haha, I was wondering too. I suppose it's not mentioned explicitly in dialogue anywhere (because of the hush-up), but yeah, the mine is pretty flooded, and I left a note under Jociel's 'local economy' entry where he talks about not being let in. And yes, I think you could probably make a more interesting last quest as well with this knowledge.

This could be one of the 'tipping points' in the Helnim-wide 'lawandorder-ometer' if we go in for that.
MMMowSkwoz wrote:I thought the Governor was kept on as a puppet? At least he is in the latest version I have. Is there a more recent plan? I think some discussion about the Helnim Gambit would be good, because frankly I not a big fan of several of the quests.
Yes, I agree, discussion is definitely good. Me and Aeven have been bouncing a few ideas around on IRC, and I've been pestering him to write stuff up so that I can have an overview, and so that people like you could get involved too; but anyway, the main thrust of this ('cos Aeven's mainly been working on Helnim's miscs) is that the Governor will likely be ultimately replaced by Caedan Jorval (or Governor's wife, which I initially hypothesised in a dialogue note somewhere, but probably Jorval because that's my new plan) after he signs a pact with the devil (Telvanni PC) in order to get rid of the inept government of the Imperial quarter (but simultaneously doing the same for the Telvanni), and hoping that in the end he can outsmart the player. (He can't, or at most it's a stalemate, but whether things will come to that point at any point in our timeline is a different question).

Anyway, that can all be discussed more clearly in another thread, I'd've thought.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Hey, MowSkwoz, did you ever think about re-tooling those last few quests? I know you've been very busy, so this is more an optimistic reminder than an instruction.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Well, my excuse is that I'm waiting for the Helnim Gambit outline to determine how the mine quest might be handled, but really I'm just being lazy. Things are pretty hectic right now, but I'll try to rework those problem bits soon.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Does anyone still have a backup of the latest .pdf? I was planning to use Aarlen Lleranoth in a Misc quest I was writing and need to know if there will be conflicts.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Ver4 from my post further up the page is the latest EEC one, I think. I probably never got around to updating it :(
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I know it is, but it's not there. There were some issues with the forum or something and loads of files attached to posts got lost.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

That's quite inconvenient... Unfortunately I never downloaded a hard copy. Would you still have it hanging around, Skwoz? I'm hoping so... :?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Can you access this one?
Attachments
EEC Quests ver4.pdf
(84.77 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ah yes, thanks very much.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yup, tyvm!
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

What's going on with this? Looks done to me? Did you want someone to fix some quests or what? If it's the sailor thing, just let the player bribe them as an alternative. That never fails.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The last quest finale needed some adjusting. There was discussion up above. If you have time to look into this, that would be helpful.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Do you mean Lorus3? And what's wrong with it exactly? Is it because the mine is flooded? It doesn't look very climatic to me either. I like the quest as it is, but it could be interesting to add another quest or extend it so we can see what happens when the EEC discover that the mine is flooded. Might it be breaking some regulations so the EEC could take it over? Or is there any way they could use the fact that the mine is flooded to gain an advantage over the Telvanni? I'll see what I can think up, but those are the two things that spring to mind.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Something along those lines, yeah.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

I have some problems with pdf's. Can someone upload a doc or txt?
"You have shown an amazing amount of patience, kudos to you for that." - Thrignar Fraxix
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Here it is in .doc format.
Attachments
EEC Quests ver4.doc
(19.76 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

If you talk to Lorus a few days after you finished Lorus3, he will say that Jociel found out that the mine was flooded. He thinks that it is a chance for the EEC to take over the mine. The player has to report it to someone (who is authorized to decide things about the mine, but isn't on the Telvanni side), who will, after some persuasion, gives the player a signed paper stating that the EEC has permission to take over the mine because the Telvanni didn't manage the mine very well. When returning to Lorus, he will say that the Telvanni already found out and that all the entrances are locked or blocked from the inside and that they took Jociel. Lorus gives you the task to find yourself a way in, and after asking around a while, the player finds out that there has been activity in Berantus, a grotto of bandits close to the egg-mine. On investigate, it seems that the bandits had their slaves working on a tunnel to the mine. If you release the slaves, they will say that the bandits were planning a raid on the mine. The player proceeds through the tunnel (needs to be interiored) to appear in the mine. As soon as the guards notice the player, they will chase him and sort of arrest him. The player can then show the paper to the guard or kill him. If you show the paper, the guards will leave (disable on CellChanged) and they release Jociel. Jociel (unofficially) rewards the player and tells the player to return to Lorus for the official reward. If you killed the guard, you will have to fight the other guards too. When you release Jociel, he will be disappointed or even angry at the player because it will give the EEC a bad reputation. Jociel will not give you a reward, but will tell you to return to Lorus. Lorus will thank the player, gives him a reward, sends some miners to close the entrance in Berantus and sets guards in the mine. The player also gets a FactionRep bonus. If the player killed the guards, Lorus will be angry, gives a smaller reward and the player also gets less FactionRep.
"You have shown an amazing amount of patience, kudos to you for that." - Thrignar Fraxix
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Me and Why have made our revisions to this quest line. The link below should take you to the hopefully final version, but people should check it over in case there are some more things that need doing.

https://docs0.google.com/document/d/14_ ... t5cI&pli=1#
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Opening for ze claim. Use Skah's plan.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

In regard to Lorus4 and your request for comment, I think it's fine, although it would be nice to come back after a few weeks or so to find that it was resolved (or at least that Lorus made a decision)

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Me and Stryker couldn't really come up with a solution ourselves. In fact, our original plan was just to have the Duchess order the mine into Imperial control, but that sounded awfully easy. Surely the Telvanni wouldn't let that happen.

Anyway I think this claim is indeed claimable by now. A resolution to the situation may be found for one of the higher-up EEC quests.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Having not read anything in this thread, perhaps my suggestion won't be useful, but what if the imperials were to plant dwemer artifacts on the site. Since they are all claimed by the empire, if they were so inclined couldn't they claim it as a dwemer excavation site?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

That is an amazing idea.

Brb setting up a draft. This questline can still be claimed as it is rather extensive, a claimant has enough to do while me and Stryker finalize this :D

edit: Wrote a draft for Lorus5. I'll discuss it with Stryker once we're both on IRC :)
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Gave the new quest a quick check. Nothing seemed blatantly out of the ordinary for me, so I think they're all set now. Any other problems in the design can always be sorted out once the quest rolls around in implementation, as they should be small if anything.

Also, I agree with Why. Great idea. :D
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Yay for progress! I really like those two new quests. I ought to finish off the IAS plans I made now...

I like Google Docs by the way. I might use that in the future for other quest plans.
Last edited by The Greatness on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yeah, being able to actually work on it together with Stryker really helped speed things up.
Jonaman8
Developer

Post by Jonaman8 »

I want to claim this file. I think I will be able to do this, I really like this story. I don't know if it's suited for a first claim, but I really want to try.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I think you can do it. Remind me to give you some pointers when this is granted, I already came up with some nice script ideas while me and Stryker were working on finishing the story. Also stick to the NPC personalities.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Granting, but please post a WIP once your first quest is completed.