TR_Mainland up to SE 1.2 (now obsolete!)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

TR_Mainland up to SE 1.2 (now obsolete!)

Post by Haplo »

TR_Mainland

Includes:
Telvannis, Antediluvian Secrets, and Sacred East
-----------------------------------------
Data Files for TR_Mainland
TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.7z are required for TR Mainland to run properly. They can be found in our [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/esp/browser.php]OoT Browser[/url] or on our [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=download]Downloads[/url] page.

Version .2.8:
ESM:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/TR_MainlandESM.rar]Here[/url]

ESP:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/TR_MainlandESP.rar]Here[/url]
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The dialogue filters for the last 7 quests to be added should be checked, and a full play-through of those same quests should be made as well, to ensure they were merged properly.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

File updated to include q2-9 and a bit of cleaning and border smoothing.

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Where are we doing error reporting for this file? I just did a quick test of Flin Galore (from q2-9) and found a lot of problems:

1. A lot of the entries in 'Cargo of Flin' have lost some of their filters.

2. Merro Galvix's dialogue entries for:
Adurin-Ouaka, Background, little advice, latest rumours, little secret, my trade, services, someone in particular, and specific place
need to be moved above the ones filtered for Adurin-Ouaka

3. Entries in 'drinking buddies' have lost their filters

4. Vilyn Avani should have the script TR_m2_q_9_VilynScript on him, but it's reverted to the normal NPC one.

5. All the alcohol removed from Dreynis' house has returned. It needs to be deleted again (some are now bleeding into other items). If someone does this, they need to leave the empty bottles of Flin.

I seriously hope this much hasn't happened to the other quests.

Also, are we converting this to an .esm before we start using it to make quests?
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Regarding the errors, that's just merging being a bitch, as per bloody usual. I'm hoping such things won't have been extended into the other quests, but as Haplo suggested, a quick dialogue check and playtest of all the merged claims would be helpful, and probably necessary. I'll do this today. Anyone else who wishes can help out, but report errors to me, do not attempt to fix them.

Yes, we need this to be an .esm for quest work to begin. That's important (Hap, could you provide one once I've uploaded a quest fixed file, 'cos I still don't have that utility).

So I'll fix these merging errors, upload an .esp, and then we can get an official .esm provided. Anyone working on quests at present can either use whatever tool to create their own .esm now and begin work, or wait a little while longer for an 'official' .esm.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

I think q2-9 might be a bit more messed up because it was merged later. Would anyone mind if I tried merging it again? I'm quite curious to see how it works.

If that's ok, Haplo, could you upload the TR_Mainland file that doesn't have q2-9 merged?
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

MMMowSkwoz wrote:1. A lot of the entries in 'Cargo of Flin' have lost some of their filters.
'Thief' is also misspelled under that topic, but obviously that's not a merging issue.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here's the file from me.

I've fixed all the obvious errors, but only gave a limited in-game test, just to check nothing was severely broken. I wasn't in the mood to test all of the however many new quests.

This could legitimately be made into an .esm, but someone else might care to make further fixes, I dunno.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Good stuff. Mithas Vemyn's Shack in Adurin-Ouaka could do with losing some of the more valuable stuff because he's meant to be poor, but that certainly isn't burningly urgent.

Can we get an internal error reporting thread for this file?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I'll let an admin decide on where that should go (or if one's necessary), but for now if you use the relevant Map based reporting threads, I don't see how that could go wrong.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This will serve as the error reporting thread for now. I have to make a trip right now, I'll be back in a little while ( 1 - 1.5 hours) and then I'll be able to convert the file into .esm format. MowSkwoz, I don't have the non 2-9 file anymore.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

this merge is blog worthy ;)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Haplo wrote:MowSkwoz, I don't have the non 2-9 file anymore.
No worries, it was just for curiosity's sake.
Lady Nerevar wrote:this merge is blog worthy
Definitely.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just make sure to report good progress on Map 2 quests and Map 3 detailing, and Necrom :)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Here's the .esm file:
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Aeven wrote:Just make sure to report good progress on Map 2 quests and Map 3 detailing, and Necrom :)
the winky smiley means "someone draft a blog post" :-P because I don't know half of whats going on with MW atm.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

I'll have at bash and writing something tonight.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Someone will probably want to expand on this (and someone read it to make sure I'm not talking rubbish!)

---------------------------------

TES:III Update

Exciting developments are underway on the Morrowind side of Tamriel Rebuilt: Necrom is almost finished and the rest of Map 3 detailing is coming along nicely. Quests are also progressing, with many wilderness and town quests for Map 2 complete and more on the way. Quest plans are also being firmed up for the Map 2 faction quest lines. The big news, however, is this:

From this point onwards, Tamriel Rebuilt will no longer be releasing our maps as separate files. Map 1 and Map 2 have recently been combined into one file and from now on, each map will be merged into this single file. This gives us much more flexibility in making quests, allowing them to spread across multiple maps, and also cuts down on the number of files you need! We hope this will allow us to make the House Telvanni quests even better than we originally planned and give you guys and gals even more to do.

One of the big consequences of this change is that the next release will not be the final version of Map 1. Instead, the next release will contain a quested Map 2, as well as a few more quests for Map 1 and a whole truck load of bug fixes and improvements. This means you'll not only get a better set of quests, but all of House Telvanni will be delivered in one go in the final release.

We'd like to thank everyone in the community for their continued support and kind comments, not to mention the error reports, which are an invaluable help. If you feel like you'd like to help out on the project at all, just drop by the forum and say hi. We always need more help!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

actually, thats great! if no one adds to this or has any objections i'll put it up at the end of the day :)
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Sounds good. Be sure to make it sound interesting to join, and include some screenshots of Necrom (latest WIP).
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

About error reporting, I've never really been clear about this works but is it just you that fixes up the errors Haplo? or is more than one person? >.>

Because I was going to say, If you wanted to take some burden of yourself or any others, we could always elect(?) someone to specifically work on error fixing for the Map1&2 Merge .esm

Sadly, You can tell I still don't know how everything works here. :|
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

People volunteer do perform a round of error fixing.

At the moment, quest testing is more important than fixing, I'd say.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

And quest making.

Fixing files is best done all at once, rather than a tiny bit at a time, otherwise things get confused.

If you have errors, report them, and be assured they will be fixed in time.

Fixing will occur probably after every quest that needs to be in the public release has been made, and merged. Then that round of intensive quest testing can begin, then errors will be fixed, then there'll be another round of checks, fixes, then a release. Something along those lines.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Ah alrighty thanks BC (oh and MMMow) :)

I'll tell you what, If all the quest testing has finished, or close enough to it, by nearer the end of the year (say late november) AND assuming my Uni semester is over I'd gladly volunteer for fixing up the World & Other errors.
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Haplo, just as a sudden thought, I think someone earlier was right in saying that we should make the .esm names of TR_Data and TR Mainland uniform in their use of underscores. I think it looks a bit off as it stands. So either TR Data and TR Mainland or TR_Data and TR_Mainland.

Or you could decide you don't care.

(And just to clarify, this is not something people need to discuss, this is just a statement that I can't be bothered to log on to IRC briefly just to say. :P I don't want people to start being silly and debate names here, 'kay?)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

changing Data causes all kinds of dependency issues that would need to be solved, while Mainland has no such problems.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Alright. Did you fix that misspelling of thief gro-Dhal reported in your version, or can you not remember?

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I believe I did.

If you update the file, Hap, make sure the post up top has both .esp and .esm versions, so there's no confusion about recent versions etc.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

As of the latest TR_Mainland.esm, Tolvise Seloth's entry in "Oryn Traven" needs a period at the end.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I also need to add a potion or two of fortify magicka or restore health or something to Rilvin Dral and check the other councilors for similar things.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The TR_m2_q_12_ script needs to be removed from the list of StartScripts (Gameplay->Edit Start Scripts). I don't know why Skah thought of putting it there.

This may mean a Start/StopScript command may still need to be added to an appropriate piece of dialogue.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Two things I noticed about the TR_MapX_NPC scripts + all variants (and correct me if I'm wrong):

-The NPC scripts for TR_Map1 do not have a controlQ variable added in. Since most Map1 quests are done that might not be a problem, but just saying.

-wouldn't the following code:

Code: Select all

if ( TR_Map == X )
    return
endif

set TR_Map to X
be more efficient if written:

Code: Select all

if ( TR_Map != X )
    set TR_Map to X
endif
the original code could cause problems for scripts specific to an NPC because the script wouldn't check any added in commands because TR_Map is automatically set to X. And it's shorter.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Yes, I thought it was an odd way of writing it when I first saw it. The second version is probably slightly more efficient, but I think the difference would be minimal. If you browse through some of the scripts in Maps 1 and 2 I'm sure you'll find some that do use that second version (I seem to remember using it when I wanted to avoid a return command).
Beave wrote:the original code could cause problems for scripts specific to an NPC because the script wouldn't check any added in commands because TR_Map is automatically set to X
I'm not sure I understand. If an NPC has had commands added to his script (i.e. they have a new, different script with this code pasted in), surely the author will have checked it to make sure it all works? Or did you mean something else?
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Well, it may depend on where the extra commands are put in (either before or after the TR_Map stuff). If after, the added commands won't ever happen because the script is told to return when TR_Map = X, which is always true if you're in the cell or adjacent cells of the NPC. If before, the whole thing might work, but that's what I'm unsure of. In any case, it wouldn't hurt to make this change.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Any commands placed above that code will execute normally. As you point out, they won't if placed below it, but we can solve that by not putting anything below it ;) In the case where you do need to put things below it, you can just use the alternate form you noted above.

I agree it could be more logical, but it doesn't really cause any problems so I don't see much of an argument for changing it. Of course, feel free to use the alternate form in any scripts you write :)

(In any case, we should probably stop clogging up this thread)
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

The jail and armory keys in the Tel Mothrivra Prison both show some kind of shrine message when activated. I think someone accidently put wrong scripts on these keys.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

When I enter the cell for Sarvanni, the space at the bottom of the screen fills up with journal update messages, I get a journal update for an imperial cult quest completely unrelated to the area (something about healing Alits at the Alendu plantation), and the game slows down significantly. Some kind of script bug related to tracking the number of Alits in this quest? It only seems to affect this one cell.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The Map 1 IC was very buggy when I looked at it. It's entirely concievable that this bug escaped my knowledge.

Could you provide the text of the journal entry you keep getting?

Also, for some reason the Velothi tower Norem is map-marked. That should not be the case.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Updated first post so Sload could make some map 1 fixes.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Error:

Topic: latest rumors
Cell: Alt Bosara
Error: One of the entrys (the one begining with "Have you met Felmo Enlaris?" isn't assigned to only appear in Alt Bosara, causing it to to overwrite most of the latest rumor entrys before it.

Thanks Yeti.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals