i6-50-Hla

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i6-50-Hla

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i6-50-Hla (#2159)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_6-5-Hla (#188)
Claimed by: Katze
Local map: Narsis Foreign Quarter
Files: TR_i6-50-Hla_Cathartis_1.esp; TR_i6-50-Hla_Cathartis_2.esp; TR_i6-50-Hla_Cathartis_3.esp; TR_i6-50-Hla_Cathartis_4.esp; TR_i6-50-Hla_Cathartis_5.esp; TR_i6-50-Hla_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

#14 Guild of Mages (com_rm)

Though this is not the head guild of mages, it is a very large and very significant mages guild. The master's office is in the attached tower.

Experienced modders please.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claiming.

Thinking of having a central botanical garden area for the mages to grow and gather alchemical ingredients, with the merchant services in rooms leading off that, and bedrooms/living areas for the resident mages in the basement.

That sound good?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

yesgrant
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Right, I needed a version of in_hlaalu_room_centre without a ceiling, and Cire992 just happened to provide the data files for such a thing when he made his Hlaalu council hall.

Would it be okay if I used it in my interior? It'd be very useful and my model editing skills are limited to say the least.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I'd rather see it merged with TR_Data... HINT HINT
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

The same thing but done for ceilings would be especially nice too.

Here is what I've managed so far (minus all the furn I added in after taking this picture), in pictorial format. Should give you an idea of what I'm trying to achieve: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_alDGS2PcRmY/SrXuIwAbeUI/AAAAAAAAADM/1fb3LAPFhQ4/s1600-h/winwinwin.png
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Ooooh Smexy. Narsis is going to be one arcitecturally interesting city. :)

I know how you feel Cath, the Hlaalu tileset sort of sucks in areas. There are alot of pieces that dont match overally well at the roof level, especially when placing stairs near other stairs :?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Right. I think I've gotten the basic shell design laid out for this place now, although before I continue I felt it would be a good idea to ask for some opinions on whether it fits the exterior or not.

The WIP is uploaded and available for people to check, there's a new model for a ceilingless in_hlaalu_room_centre, the data files for which can be found in this post by Cire992: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=276837#276837

I haven't done any detailing beyond a tiny amount around the botanical garden area, but hopefully it should give you a good idea of where I'm going with this.

Tea is important.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

What do you think about getting a grass piece made for the garden instead of using planters? Just put walls around it with steps like cire did in a lot of rooms and then have an actual grass field full of all these plants. With the right lighting it could feel absolutely amazing.

Can we get that made? I'm thinking a very simple model, a big rectangle that slopes up very slightly towards the middle and has a basic grass texture.

You might also end up needing to split the siderooms off into a separate int. With nothing in them this is already 60k, and the mages' guild always seems to end up with the most assorted junk.

Also, I think you should remove the balcony piece from one of the wall squares in the main chamber, like the middle one on the side without stairs. This is a mages' guild, if you want to levitate instead of using stairs it should be built to accommodate you. There's gotta be a work around for the caspering issue. That's after someone fixes collision on those floor pieces of course.

I really like what you've done so far though.

EDIT: for the levetation walk i replaced the in_hlaalu_room_rails in the middle square on the stairless side with two in_hlaalu_room_posts, if you wanna try it out the easiest way is just to type these into their data after putting them into the window just anywhere:

Scale: .5 for both

Position:
first: 4/1496/-256
second: 127/1496/-256

Rotation:
first: 0/270/165
second: 0/90/225

Tell me if you like it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Here's the grass mesh. The collision and bounding box need to be fixed but it will work in the CS for now. I set them up so that they bleed into each other a bit with grid snap... it looks a lot more organic that way. And if anyone has a link to a good nifskope collision tutorial, please (please!) send it my way.

By the way, your interior looks spectacular, Cathartis.
Attachments
grass.JPG
TR_terrain_grassplane.rar
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claim updated to include newly redesigned garden and the levitation platform idea by Sload.

Thanks for the mesh, Cire, it's just what I needed!
Attachments
magesguild3.png
magesguild2.png
magesguild1.png

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

lol, and people are excited for almalexia... that city sucks

if they all love almalexia that much, I can't imagine what they will say about narsis.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Hey, I couldn't rearrange that city; it was too big to do this.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I know. Any problems with ayem are not your fault. (nor could they be fixed without redoing the city.)

And it really is a good city, its just far from our best. (we don't make bad things)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Maybe people will make cool mods for Almalexia once it's out. Sort of like Balmora. That would spice it up.

Cath, that garden looks gorgeous. I like the west wing, too. Narsis is gonna be a hell of a town.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Almalexia doesn't have our most mind-blowing modding in it, but the fact that it 'is' at all makes it awesome.

That said, and being in this thread, the Mages and Fighters Guilds there are underwhelming in the extreme - especially seeing as they're the Head places... Perhaps they could do with a spruce-up, and a relocation. Hypothesising.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I'll download and have a look at the Alma MG and FG once I've finished this one, see if I can suggest or make any improvements to them, if nobody minds that is.

Not much improvement over the past few days, cluttered a few of the tables in the atrium surrounding the garden, and added a levitation shortcut up to the Master's office in the West Wing.

I'll get back into working on this properly in a few days, just got a fair amount of stuff to sort out in real life first =/

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Update. I had to remove the entrance hall from the botanical garden area, and merge it with the east wing of the place.

I've started cluttering, and I'm pretty sure the botanical garden area is done now (at 457 refs, probably the most refs I've ever had in a single cell)

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

There, the claim is finished, and about time, too. This was a really interesting claim to make =]

Whoever reviews this, remember to download the two new models I used.

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

to review
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: - A plant was placed in a rock in the garden. Fixed.
- Cluttered an inexplicably bare table.
- Floating ingredients.
- Fixed a floating pillar and other minor tileset issues.
- Bunch of floaters and bleeders

Comments The layout is awesome.
A few little barren spots here and there and an overlooked table or two. Other than that, pretty hot stuff.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_i6-50-Hla_Cathartis_fixed.esp
(110.16 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Should this still give error messages, or is my TR_Data out of date?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving