i6-104-Hla

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i6-104-Hla

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i6-104-Hla (#2213)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_6-5-Hla (#188)
Claimed by: cire992
Local map: Narsis St. Meris Square
Files: TR_i6-104-Hla_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i6-104-Hla_cire992_8.esp

---

#1 Hlaalu Council Hall. This is where the magic happens. (de_r)

A large building with a significant atrium and a number of offices, a meeting room for the Hlaalu council and other smaller rooms. Major offices are the office of the head of House Hlaalu and the office of the Duke of Narsis. They should be in separate towers, like one side of the building is the ducal offices and the other side is House Hlaalu. Make it big and stuff.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Aright, you asked for it. Will post when I have a layout. Is there anything special sitting in that hill behind the council hall, or may I put that space to use?

[b]EDIT: USE THIS FOR REVIEW.[/b]
Attachments
Clean tr_i6-104.esp
(427.85 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Last edited by cire992 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Do what you must to make it awesome. The hill is yours for the using.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Layout's WIP. You enter the building into a foyer where you can enter each tower or go ahead through the big door into the the actual council chamber.

The towers each have access to the basement where there are offices and studies for various bureaucratic peoples and purposes. Currently the main part of the left tower is laid out, it has an office at the top with access to the duke's study. There's also an office at the base of the tower.

The council room is huge and elaborate and carved right into that big rocky hill in the center of Narsis. It's very ornate, spacious and cavernous to make it feel powerful. Daylight seeps in from caverns above the council and below this place ought to be bustling with people. Pics below.

Aside from the Duke and the Head of Hlaalu, who else works here? Are there specific families within the Hlaalu that would have offices? Is the Duke a Dunmer or Imperial? Roughly, how big is the council?
Attachments
tr_i6-104-Council4.JPG
tr_i6-104-Council3.JPG
tr_i6-104-Council2.JPG
tr_i6-104-Council1.JPG
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

your screenshots look amazing, but with the latest TR_Data I am getting error messages out the ass. Any idea why?
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Wow this is very different, but its pretty awesome, Im liking this so far, Nice work. :)

May I suggest though, in the cell "tr_i6-104, Hlaalu Council Chamber" you might want to place some more lights near the cliff edge up top near the area with trees. The cliff edges are looking a to dark.

Eitherway, like Thrig mentioned you do seem to have alot of Tr_Data errors, infact I thought this might cause errors as soon as I saw those nice screenshots.
Honestly I've never seen the "TR_in_hlaalu_floor" piece of static before and I've played around with pretty much everything at some stage :?

These pieces mentioned below arent in my TR_Data (or the last two version I've had):

TR_in_hlaalu_floor
Ex_ban_TR_Narsis_hl

They probably need to be readded (and possbily retextured, The floor patten is kinda oddly coloured).

Errors:
Missing object "Ex_ban_TR_Narsis_hl" for reference during cell "tr_i6-104, Foyer" load.
Missing object "Ex_ban_TR_Narsis_hl" for reference during cell "tr_i6-104, Foyer" load.
Missing object "Ex_ban_TR_Narsis_hl" for reference during cell "tr_i6-104, Hlaalu Council Chamber" load.
Missing object "Ex_ban_TR_Narsis_hl" for reference during cell "tr_i6-104, Hlaalu Council Chamber" load.

Eitherway, keep it up, I can't wait to test this out when its finished :P
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

he is using a texture replacer. Also, I forgot to mention, remove the NPCs
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Oops, I meant to ask if I could have a floor mesh added to TR-data. All I did was take in_hlaalu_room_center and remove the ceiling.
Anyhow, I need to grab the latest TR_data. I guess I should ask around and figure out where that banner went, though.

@Thrig, the npcs aren't staying, I just use them for reference.

@RQ, I'll add the lights, thanks for the tip.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

That chamber looks amazing! Also, indeed a floor piece without anything else is very useful (same goes for ceilings). The missing banner arises from them being only in the Narsis city file. They're not in TR_Data.

Also, if you could make stone senate-like seats (like the Roman senate?) for the chamber, that'd be quite awesome. I imagine the Hlaalu to be the most (internally) democratic of them all, in terms of discussion and decision making.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

^ The seats are an interesting idea, but I could probably improvise that without a new mesh.

If you're taking a look at the plugin, drop these two meshes into your data/meshes folder.
Attachments
tr_i6-104.rar
(9.02 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

i came
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

This is seriously epic. I may have to load this up in-game later, just to get the full effect.

EDIT: Just playtested the Hlaalu Council Chamber cell, and I cannot climb the steps at either side of the room, and going underneath those arch/pillar things you made of out doorjams raises my character a few inches off the floor despite the floor remaining flat.

Just thought I'd point it out, might not be something you notice whilst in the CS. Very nice int otherwise :D
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Yeah, the floor mesh I posted still has the collision from in_hlaalu_room_center. I can't figure out how to do stuff in NifSkope, so it hasn't been changed yet. But that is why you were having trouble getting around.

I'm tied up this weekend so... no progress at the moment. Once I get some time to actually sit in front of my computer I'll be able to get this show on the road.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Main part of the second tower is laid out... Duke's office in the first tower is 50% complete.

Eye-candy.
Attachments
tr_i6-104-Council5.JPG
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

There's a private lounge for the nobles and bureaucrats in the council sub-level. I can't figure out a theme for it, though.
I've gone back and forth on 3 different designs, one has a garden, one has a committee and the third has stripper poles. Check the pics.
Attachments
Stately
Stately
Aesthetic
Aesthetic
Seedy
Seedy
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I think the garden is probably best. Strippers definitely isn't appropriate here.

I love them all though.

Answering your questions from before:

Anyone you want to can work here really. Some councilors could have offices, just bureaucrats that can be made up later, its supposed to be big. There are probably between 8 and 12 people on the council.

If you want, a vault like the ones in Vivec can be added to the sub-level.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I really like the lounge personally.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Holy shit dude, 889 ref count in the lounge. (may wanna split that :P)

Eitherway forget the screenshots, i downloaded this to check it out.

Man you have some of the wierdest freaking modding ideas ever but god they're awesome. :D I love how you combined bits of junk like tables into latern holders, 'tis awesome. I think I might even add a few more plants into my restaurant after seeing this.

And those ferns in the dukes office are awesome, all clustered together. Do want! >.>

Over all I guess it will be better when we get the few more statics in the data, its hard to see errors with missing static errors everywhere :P
Looks like its going to be one interesting set of interiors.

BTW that sub-level idea is a brilliant idea for a underground system in Narsis! :), just BE CAREFULL with those statics, as you probably know exterior Hlaalu walls/canals have a natural clipping error in the meshes.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

RelinQ wrote:BTW that sub-level idea is a brilliant idea for a underground system in Narsis!
Narsis will not have an underground system.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Ok, point taken. still very interesting interior.
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

An absolutely AWESOME piece of work. I normally don't check out other's interiors but after seeing the screenies I had to see the rest of this one. Do you have any idea how hard it is to type with your jaw on the floor?! :) You have inspired me to take a new look at every piece in the CS for different ways to use them. Great work!
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Vaults are laid out, pretty much everything else has basic furnishings. Extended the sub-level for more offices. Lots of work on the Head of Hlaalu's office, she now has a garden in her office.
Attachments
tr_i6-104-Sub-Level2.JPG
HoH Office.JPG
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You have some really nice texture replacers/shaders.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

I'm rapidly approaching the 700 ref limit in the Council Chamber and it still looks pretty empty. I could be real anal and micromanage how I place things, but I've only got 80 objects left and I don't have hardly any of the misc clutter and shit that goes on shelves and tables. Anyone have any advice or bright ideas?
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

cire992 wrote:I'm rapidly approaching the 700 ref limit in the Council Chamber and it still looks pretty empty. I could be real anal and micromanage how I place things, but I've only got 80 objects left and I don't have hardly any of the misc clutter and shit that goes on shelves and tables. Anyone have any advice or bright ideas?
I took a look at your file and the CS only showed a ref count of 527. I was told 800 was ok, never over 1000 so you should be alright. There are also some unused bar pieces and chairs hanging outside that could be removed. :)

BTW, This has to be one of the best ints I've ever seen! Great job!:)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

cire992 wrote:I'm rapidly approaching the 700 ref limit in the Council Chamber and it still looks pretty empty. I could be real anal and micromanage how I place things, but I've only got 80 objects left and I don't have hardly any of the misc clutter and shit that goes on shelves and tables. Anyone have any advice or bright ideas?
Put it all in crates and barrels and say they just renovated the place.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

I think I'm all set (with the council chamber). Finished council at 696 refs.

pic.
Attachments
councildone.JPG
Last edited by cire992 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

freaking gorgeous. Great work! :))
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

people are going to shit themselves when they see this city
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

To whoever reviews this be sure to grab tr_in_hlaalu_floor and tr_terrain_grassplane from the TR_data error reporting thread if you haven't already.

Finished and cleaned.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

suuuuuuuuuuure would be nice if those objects could be merged into data...
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just had a look: AMAZING. :O
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:suuuuuuuuuuure would be nice if those objects could be merged into data...
Fine

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

This has to be one of the most freakingly awesome interiors in all of TR.

Note for Reviewer: Make sure to have the latest TR_Data. There are errors with the new grass.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Use this version for the review.
Attachments
Clean tr_i6-104.esp
(427.85 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: -illegal to sleep not set
-lots of duplicated items not rotated to hide the fact that they are duplicates
-some of the more interesting ornaments altered slightly to hide z-fighting between statics
-doorjams attached directly to the top or bottoms of stair pieces removed, I've known those to cause problems getting up stairs for tall characters
-various minor floaters and bleeders
-fixed the moving tapestries, by moving them safely away from the walls and providing poles to attach them to said walls
-fixed two missing in_hlaalu_wall in the south tower

Comments I couldn't download the attachment in Cire992's post, didn't exist or something. Used the most recent one at the top instead.

Regardless, this is one of the most insanely original Hlaalu interiors I have ever seen. Seriously good stuff, mang.

Rating OVER NINE THOUSAND *crushes scouter in fury*
Attachments
TR_i6-104-Hla_cire992_8.esp
(425.08 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving, fuckdamn shitcunts that was amazing.

Mostly fixed file at the top, merge the one cire will post in a bit that takes care of a few issues I wanted him to handle. (approving this anyway because it didn't need a send back for these minor things, nor does it need any more reviewing after they are done)