Dirk Nagels Conceptual Art

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

DirkNagel

Dirk Nagels Conceptual Art

Post by DirkNagel »

Here it is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thoughtsinmyhead/

If you like what you see feel free to leave a comment.
All comments and criticism are welcome and much appreciated.
I'll just keep editing this post when I add more art.

If you like what you see feel free to leave a comment

Thanks!
Last edited by DirkNagel on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Hi,

it's perfectly usual that an answer can take a while. Also, noone in charge of Concept Art is currently here.

That's why you have to wait.
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

Worsas wrote: Also, noone in charge of Concept Art is currently here.
I double checked and it appears that I'm the one in charge of concept art! Where some people get their information is beyond me. :P

Anyway, there's some good stuff among those drawings. I actually love the look of the ship-hideout in the desert. The only thing is: how the hell did it get there?
Some of the dunedweller stuff has potential. The shield looks a little flimsy though. I also like that weird 'nothing special' hood design and the dwemer steamships.

Not all designs are equally fitting, of course. Those partial armors won't look very good (or will be very hard to create) with the way armor is implemented in the games (i.e. split up in different body parts).

Whether we could use some of these designs is another matter. There is potential but things may need some tweaking to fit into our famous 'hammerfell mood' a little better. You're off to a nice start though. Keep up the good work.
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
Fire Monger

Post by Fire Monger »

I would quote Myzel, but i'm new here, and still haven't got the hang of commenting. Anyway, I was going to say that the ship might have got there because the desert was originally a lake? Or maybe it had wheels? Mage with a grudge moved it there? Inside there could be a friendly ghost to give you a quest, maybe to avenge his death(like in a quest in one of the egg mines), or more simply zombies guarding a loot.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

it has been almost 2 months since anyone posted in this thread. The modder hasn't been seen since. Please refrain from necromancy.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo