Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Message This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

What exactly is still needed here?

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer
21 Nov 2008

Time Razz
I'm having a bit of difficulties on remapping the new meshes

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

revoked by request.

i really dont know what still needs to be done here...
Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

TR_ex_nec_h_06, TR_ex_nec_h_9, TR_ex_nec_h_12, and TR_ex_nec_h_15 need to have the new Necrom textures applied to them at the very least. That's all.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:56 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

i'll take a look, if it really is just textures i can do that later today.

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:17 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

this what you wanted? not really sure, 12 and 15 already had textures Confused

nectex.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nectex.7z
 Filesize:  27.49 KB
 Downloaded:  98 Time(s)

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:19 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Those domes in the temple need retexturing, same with some of the buildings in the center cluster of the residential/market (IE shops, moth and fire).

Can these be done and merged with Data quickly so I can finally nail down Necrom? Smile

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:05 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

There're also these errors that I reported. (The ramp has been fixed, but to my knowledge nothing else)

Most immediately practicable are these two:

TR_in_nec_build_02 TR_Necrom, North Storehouse 3329 3903 13192 "this floor texture is budget fugly - see TR_in_nec_h_09 for a better job"

TR_in_nec_tower TR_Necrom, Tower Geth 3904 4288 12416 "make this spiral staircase be a smooth walk, not constant jolty blocks - you know what I mean - currently the player just jerks from step to step, inducing epilepsy. Make it have a collision mesh that is a smooth ramp"

a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:57 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

Swifty: do you want a whole new texture? the one i used for these buildings is rather fugly but im not sure how much i can do to improve it, its a tiny 256 stretched over the area of a whole roof. or do you have another texture that works in mind?

BC: i can do the first one, but the second is morrowind collision which i dont really understand. i checked the doorjamb issue you reported and i saw nothing obviously wrong - its probably a collision issue, and as ive said morrowind collision is weird. i'll check it out again though, i may be able to steal the velothi collision for this and the staircase (if there are approximate equivalents)

-PoHa!
Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:28 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

The Necrom doorjambs are pretty unique, if I recall correctly.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:03 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

I'm not sure what Morrowind's like for spiral staircases... can't think of any immediate examples. I have 0 meshing know-how, but I'm envisioning a situation in which you'd be able to 'join-the-dots' (you know that children's game?) between all the 'right-angles' on the staircase, and turn them into an interconnected 'ramp'. Does that bear any resemblance to reality?

In the Mages Guild, I don't know the culprit, and it's not possible (to my knowledge) to tell from the CS, but go in-game and try to walk into the room 'at the top'. It is completely impossible, as if there were a collision marker there. I'm guessing some underused Necrom object has a completely outsized collision box. (or there's something really weird going on)

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

LN: I think that a few of the nec_houses need to be updated which means re-modelled too to match the other houses that were re-done. Same goes with the domes.

Basically do whatever you feel is right to fix the consistency of the meshes in Necrom, if you feel they only need a retexture, then go for it. Smile

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:05 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

tbh i cant really tell Razz if you can give me a list of houses that need to be remodeled? if its just minor things i can probably fix them, but i dont have time/motivation/knowledge to make new models from the ground up. i'll take a look at the dome texture and see what i can do for it.

[edit] this it tomorrow at the earliest, i have a grad party today.

-PoHa!
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:30 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

ok, redid the dome texture. it was 128 originally, rescaled it to 256, which improves quality greatly. used one of necrom's wall textures for a base, but mixed and lightened it some.

tr_tx_block_adobe_white_01.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tr_tx_block_adobe_white_01.rar
 Filesize:  29.43 KB
 Downloaded:  115 Time(s)

-PoHa!
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:14 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Making the domes somewhat golden would probably look really awesome.
Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:47 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

N, with regards to that collision issue in the Mages Guild, it seems to be something to do with the interior piece "TR_in_nec_wall".

It also shows up in the census building which leads to the port, and if you levitate in the 'raised corridor' part of the Durzog's Delight Inn.

I think the collision mesh will probably need a good looking at (and will hopefully reveal the problem pretty quick), and should probably be fixable there. If not, maybe a re-do would be required.

Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:36 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

i'll take a look later today.

as for the domes, im not sure that gold would fit with necrom's overall aesthetic. furthermore, gold domes are a bit overused imo, whereas a nice light stone is not seen as often. and, finally, i dont know where else this texture might be used.

-PoHa!
Post Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:02 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus
08 Jun 2004

por nex

tr_in_nec_wall.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tr_in_nec_wall.7z
 Filesize:  678 Bytes
 Downloaded:  87 Time(s)

-PoHa!
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:45 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
NexUmMonastica
Developer
04 Jul 2007

Try this out.

New collision and nifprop

trnecwall1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  trnecwall1.zip
 Filesize:  1.37 KB
 Downloaded:  114 Time(s)

"you are awesome... become female so you can bear my children "
"This has been a known occurrence for years. We will not fix it." - Thriggy
"Anal crits are my specialty..." N
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:54 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Pretty sure we're done with this.

Approved.
Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:38 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group