n2-5-Tri

Where hooms take a shit and we clean it up.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

What exactly is still needed here?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Post by Aiwyn the Breton »

Time :P
I'm having a bit of difficulties on remapping the new meshes
I hate [url=http://abadir.deviantart.com/art/The-Mad-God-111454948]Almalexia[/url].
The seven schools of magic: Alteration, Mysticism, Destruction, Conjuration, Illusion, Restoration and Computer Programming
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

revoked by request.

i really dont know what still needs to be done here...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TR_ex_nec_h_06, TR_ex_nec_h_9, TR_ex_nec_h_12, and TR_ex_nec_h_15 need to have the new Necrom textures applied to them at the very least. That's all.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i'll take a look, if it really is just textures i can do that later today.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

this what you wanted? not really sure, 12 and 15 already had textures :?
Attachments
nectex.7z
(27.49 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Those domes in the temple need retexturing, same with some of the buildings in the center cluster of the residential/market (IE shops, moth and fire).

Can these be done and merged with Data quickly so I can finally nail down Necrom? :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

There're also [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19919&start=120]these errors that I reported[/url]. (The ramp has been fixed, but to my knowledge nothing else)

Most immediately practicable are these two:

TR_in_nec_build_02 TR_Necrom, North Storehouse 3329 3903 13192 "this floor texture is budget fugly - see TR_in_nec_h_09 for a better job"

TR_in_nec_tower TR_Necrom, Tower Geth 3904 4288 12416 "make this spiral staircase be a smooth walk, not constant jolty blocks - you know what I mean - currently the player just jerks from step to step, inducing epilepsy. Make it have a collision mesh that is a smooth ramp"
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Swifty: do you want a whole new texture? the one i used for these buildings is rather fugly but im not sure how much i can do to improve it, its a tiny 256 stretched over the area of a whole roof. or do you have another texture that works in mind?

BC: i can do the first one, but the second is morrowind collision which i dont really understand. i checked the doorjamb issue you reported and i saw nothing obviously wrong - its probably a collision issue, and as ive said morrowind collision is weird. i'll check it out again though, i may be able to steal the velothi collision for this and the staircase (if there are approximate equivalents)
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The Necrom doorjambs are pretty unique, if I recall correctly.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I'm not sure what Morrowind's like for spiral staircases... can't think of any immediate examples. I have 0 meshing know-how, but I'm envisioning a situation in which you'd be able to 'join-the-dots' (you know that children's game?) between all the 'right-angles' on the staircase, and turn them into an interconnected 'ramp'. Does that bear any resemblance to reality?

In the Mages Guild, I don't know the culprit, and it's not possible (to my knowledge) to tell from the CS, but go in-game and try to walk into the room 'at the top'. It is completely impossible, as if there were a collision marker there. I'm guessing some underused Necrom object has a completely outsized collision box. (or there's something really weird going on)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

LN: I think that a few of the nec_houses need to be updated which means re-modelled too to match the other houses that were re-done. Same goes with the domes.

Basically do whatever you feel is right to fix the consistency of the meshes in Necrom, if you feel they only need a retexture, then go for it. :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

tbh i cant really tell :P if you can give me a list of houses that need to be remodeled? if its just minor things i can probably fix them, but i dont have time/motivation/knowledge to make new models from the ground up. i'll take a look at the dome texture and see what i can do for it.

[edit] this it tomorrow at the earliest, i have a grad party today.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ok, redid the dome texture. it was 128 originally, rescaled it to 256, which improves quality greatly. used one of necrom's wall textures for a base, but mixed and lightened it some.
Attachments
tr_tx_block_adobe_white_01.rar
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Making the domes somewhat golden would probably look really awesome.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

N, with regards to that collision issue in the Mages Guild, it seems to be something to do with the interior piece "TR_in_nec_wall".

It also shows up in the census building which leads to the port, and if you levitate in the 'raised corridor' part of the Durzog's Delight Inn.

I think the collision mesh will probably need a good looking at (and will hopefully reveal the problem pretty quick), and should probably be fixable there. If not, maybe a re-do would be required.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i'll take a look later today.

as for the domes, im not sure that gold would fit with necrom's overall aesthetic. furthermore, gold domes are a bit overused imo, whereas a nice light stone is not seen as often. and, finally, i dont know where else this texture might be used.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

por nex
Attachments
tr_in_nec_wall.7z
(678 Bytes) Downloaded 127 times
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

Try this out.

New collision and nifprop
Attachments
trnecwall1.zip
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
...killing a six-pack of beer just to watch it die.

"you are awesome... become female so you can bear my children "
"This has been a known occurrence for years. We will not fix it." - Thriggy
"Anal crits are my specialty..." N
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Pretty sure we're done with this.

Approved.