4-47-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-47-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-47-Red (#2283)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Katze
Files: TR_4-47-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Roth Roryn Region with a bit of Velothi Mountains. Please refer to this image:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-47Lined.jpg

East side of the line should be Roth Roryn, West side (yo) should be Velothi Mountains. (dawg) Remove the river that isn't the one I drew on the map. The purple dotted lines represent the roads. The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.

Claimer must draw a proposal for the roads in their claim over the image linked above before they will be granted it.

Swiftoak Woodwarrior gets first dibs on updating this claim as he was the previous claimer.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Claiming. Here's the road file.

The road leading to the river ends in a small fishing dock, the two other branches in the main road lead into a typical Roth Roryn mess of gulleys and ravines filled with caves and windy roads and such, but *do* connect to each other. They're just a more interesting, albeit confusing route to Bodrem
Attachments
4-47Lined.jpg
4-47Lined.jpg (81.22 KiB) Viewed 3221 times
Last edited by Katze on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Didn't you just drop some claims due to lack of time?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

5-2 was enormous and set in an undecided region, and I wanted to concentrate on other claims without it breathing down my neck.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Remember you need to fix teh forsex too.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I'm okay with this, but Sload will have to check the roads and give the green light from that department.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

From now on if sload doesn't ok a roadmap in 48 hours then you can decide nemon. In those 48 hours anyone can deny a claim because of a bad roadmap.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Ah, what the heck. Roads claimexit are as they should be and as long as you make it all detailed and nice we're cool!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I totally forgot the part of my post where I was going to say that we should give him one last 24 hours. Really though, I don't think it makes too much of a difference.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I'll risk the wrath of Sload this one (or actually second) time.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I sincerely doubt that you would get any wrath for what has transpired in this claim. All you did was respond to my prodding.

If I turn up dead in a ditch, tell my story
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

First WIP uploaded, seems to be coming along pretty nicely.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

There's a cave or mine entrance or something on the border between this claim and 4-3 that's causing a ton of problems with regards to my extending the river, does it have to be there, or can it be moved?

Tea is important.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Does it have an interior?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

It doesn't in the map 4 file, as for in the claims browser, I have no idea.

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Yes there is meant to be an Interior there. But I don't think its been made yet.

Its more or less a set of underground water tunnels under the mountains, there is one entrance in my claim, and I think 2 in Cath's.

one is Northwest and the other is like south? (I'll check later)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

RelinQ wrote:Yes there is meant to be an Interior there.
Thank you captain obvious
RelinQ wrote:Its more or less a set of underground water tunnels under the mountains, there is one entrance in my claim, and I think 2 in Cath's.

one is Northwest and the other is like south? (I'll check later)
Where was this discussed and/or given the thumbs up? We already have something like this in map 3. I don't want another in map 4.

As for the dwemer int, Nom did most of the map 4 wilderness ints, he would be the one to ask.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

C'est fini. Be sure to let me know if I fucked anything up too massively.

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Then off to review!

And here's my little thought: I love it! BUT (which I am sitting on), it *could* perhaps use that tiny little extra piece of detailing along road sides. It's just a simple matter of Ctrl-D a random set of small statics and placing them nicely at the sides of your roads, rearranging and moving, scaling and so on. Example: -15 -18, you've got a wonderful setup on a hilltop which isn't available without some massive acrobatics or levitation. How about duplicating some of it and moving it down to the road? Detailed roads really looks nice in my humble opinion...
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I actually put a cave entrance at the top and bottom of that hill, was thinking the two could be connected by a cave system interior for access to a really nice vantage point.

Tea is important.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

I'd definitely say Nemon's point about more roadside detail still stands, though. Create a tad more 'claustrophobic' narrow and windy feel, or just less open, for that rugged mountainous feel.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Better? Corkbulbosity of this claim has been increased by at least 35%, so you better enjoy it =P
Attachments
Clean TR_4-47-Red_10.esp
(370.38 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Tea is important.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

IMO 'sbetter, but I'd say you could pull your vertex shading in to narrow the roads more. They look just so open and wide right now. Same goes for that other claim you have, with Andothren.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Good job Cathartis, you've fixed pretty much all the little issues from before. You could stand to lower your corkbulbs a bit more though, and watch your transition areas too. Morrowind transitions like natural demarcations like hills or lines of cliffs or something like that, try to avoid flat open transitions. You did that most areas everywhere, a few areas just looked a little open.

Comments Well put together, you definitely have a lot of talent for making exteriors. Was professional and aesthetically pleasing.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_4-47-Red_Cathartis_4.esp
(359.18 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nice. I love the eastern column of cells.

Sink your corkbulbs more. There really should be more bulb underground that above ground; Bethesda's shading of the bottom is misleading. Also, make sure your plants or plant leaves aren't bleeding into rocks.

Approved