4-14-Hla

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-14-Hla

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-14-Hla (#151)
Faction: Hlaalu
Claimed by: Katze
Files: TR_4-14-Hla_Haplo_1.esp

---

Map 4 coast line. Follow this image.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-14Lined.jpg

Anything south and west of the pink line is the Roth Roryn Region. Anything else should be Ascadian Isles textures. The purple dotted lines represent the roads. The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.

Claimer must draw a proposal for the roads in their claim over the image linked above before they will be granted it.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Revoking/Unlocking Roth Roryn Exterior claims.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Request to claim this please.

Going to work on this while decisions for 4-13 are still in progress.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/PreposedRoads.jpg

Redoing whole claim due to region changes as mentioned aboved. I see alot of potential in this claim.

One quick question about the AI region; Originally Map4's coast was titled Ulabael Coast Region, Is this just going to be a straight AI Region? Just thought I should clarify.

EDIT: Oh right, I forgot to mention the Map:
The orange path is the new road and the dark orange dotted path is a possible off trail road up the mountain side.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Finish your other claim
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Since I have uploaded my WIP of the other claim, and the THV region hasnt been decided yet, Can I claim this now?

My Road map is the same link as above, or better yet, here it is again:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/PreposedRoads.jpg

Orange path = new road
Dark Orange dotted path = possible offtrail backroad.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

no you can't
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

How many ints in the town?
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

It will be about the size of Seyda Neen, perhaps a slight bit larger.

I decided at work today to claim this. I'd been thinking about it for a while and finally convinced myself to give it a shot.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-14FullLined.jpg
These are my roads. I figure there will be a few bandit caves in the area as well. Perhaps a tomb too. Basically I want to recreate the feel of the area around seyda neen.

For the RR bits, I plan on putting in some cliffs assuming the neighboring claims don't have anything there that this would disrupt.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

roads gud
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Then self grant go
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

It beleive there was already a cave or something in the south west corner, might want just check if that int hasnt already been made.

Just for the record, I just wanted to do the terrain. I wasnt overly bothered by the town.

Eitherway good luck with this claim, the combo of AI at the north and RR in the south should make this one of the prettier claims or the inner sea coastline
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

your map showed a complete lack of understanding as to basic instructions. If you can't tell why then you are beyond help. Because of this, you would not have been granted this claim even if you didn't have another exterior. No interior claims have been made for this yet so I don't need to worry about that.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This needs an update by yesterday. If no update is provided by Sunday it gets revoked.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I lost my flashdrive with the WiP, also, I can't work up the urge to mod to save my life atm. Dropping.

I certainly hope that a competent modder with a track record with Roth Roryn claims comes along to take this from me and see it through to the end.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

[Cathartis uses his Unseen Sense merit to detect the aura given off by unclaimed RR exteriors]

Ahem. Claiming. Will follow TF's map, if only to allow me to bypass the "waiting interminably for Sload to look at the bloody thing and give it a thumbs up" stage.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

You were just granted 4-1 by Thrignar, are you capable of handling both these claims without tiring from one of them?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

TF wanted me to take this claim. Neither are amazingly big, and being able to switch work focus periodically will help me not get tired of them.

Should be fine, mang :)
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Ah, ok. Exterior progress makes him warm and fuzzy.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Because I like exterior progress making people feel all warm and fuzzy, here's an updated WIP. Got rid of the funky shading, changed over most of the terrain textures, and started rockifying the promontory where I assume at least part of that imperial settlement is going.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Question: If this place is supposed to be the mainland equivalent of Seyda Neen, does it want to have a silt strider service, or will a simple ship suffice?

Also: Have a very early WIP screenshot to see what people think of town layout.
Attachments
townfingy.JPG
(139.62 KiB) Downloaded 244 times

Tea is important.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

From my way the original exterior looked and TF's Map, I always thought It should be something like small (slightly less fancy) one cell version of Caldera although probably using normal fort pieces instead of ex_imp_gov ones.

Eitherway thats looking like a pretty decent imperial town, now you just need the actaul fort now.

As for the silt strider, Being that It's an imperial fort and It's kinda small and I'm actually more inclinded to think that It wouldn't, A single boat (or 2) should be sufficient.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

considering I told him on many occasions that this is supposed to feel like the mainland version of Seyda Neen, if you thought it should feel like Caldera then you are not exactly very smart.

I've seen your picture of a fort, it looks forty.

I want to say yes to the silt strider seeing as it is supposed to be like seyda neen. Also, don't forget the bandit caves! For this same reason, I'm also against having boat travel. (having a boat is fine though)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yeah put in a Silt Strider on a hill right outside town so people get that new game feeling when they visit by boat.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

P.S. you're solidly within a week of the 30-day update period.

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I'm sure I did say before Kumi visited that I wouldn't be modding much for a couple of weeks. I did do a ton yesterday though, so there'll be a WIP update sometime later today.

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Holy decent-sized update, Batman!

I added more rocks, trees and shading, basically. Shouldn't be long to completion now.

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Updated. This is coming along really well.

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Finished. Sending to review and such.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I removed some excess files. Seeing this town should bring back memories of landing at Seyda Neen for the first time :-D

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Some jagged terrain and a few aesthetic issues. Also, plants bleeding into rocks, and I added some more windows to the buildings in the village.

Comments This is a really good claim. I was looking forward to seeing it. Cathartis really is doing a great job making exteriors.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_4-14-Hla_Cathartis_7.esp
(436.29 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I turned the lighthouse on, and added a backdoor to the doorframe of the big shack, but marked it as blocked since there is a rock in the way. Cathartis forgot to add a door to the tavern in Teyn and to his ancestral tomb to the south. You're doing better, but still make sure none of your plants are bleeding into rocks nearby (except lichens of course).

Approved.