4-16-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-16-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-16-Red (#153)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Nemon
Files: TR_4-16-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Dwemer Ruin and a shack. The Redoran settlement needs to be removed. Claims needs to be largely redone, but keep a/the Dwemer Ruin and perhaps add a single cave or two to the wilderness.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked; see new Claim Description for details.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Question: what kind of geographical/geological changes does this need? It isn't clear from the new description.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Aside from the multi-cell Redoran settlement that needs to be removed, not much. Make it match with the outwardly-transitioning Ashlands transitions.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

The mountains of this claim are West Gash, transitioning to Molg Amur in the very northern cells.

Which Redoran settlement is this? There are two in this area, one of which was staying. I'm pretty sure this one was staying.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

This is the one that's going (it was built on two sides of a canyon type place) and the one thats staying is in the south of 4-32.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Discussed this with sload a while back, these mountains should be RM to match the claim to the south.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Claiming.

Having made the claim to the south, I hopefully shouldn't have too much trouble making the mountains match :D I like the ruin but I'll move it to the middle of the claim. Should the eastern edge of the claim be ashland in texture?
Last edited by Nomadic1 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

excellent, granting
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Sload: when you said the mountains need to transition to MA in the north, are you sure? The northern half of 4-32 to the north uses RM textures like 4-8 does, and AFAIK you can't get decent mountains from MA textures.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Discussed this with sload a while back, these mountains should be RM to match the claim to the south.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

:oops:
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nomadic1 wrote:Should the eastern edge of the claim be ashland in texture?
Yes

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hate to double-penetrate, er, double-post, but just an update on your eastern border:

My claim (4-45)'s western edge will have the same height as the northwestern corner of 4-44, so that you know what height to make that area.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Update?

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Coming along. Landscaping has been a bitch.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any new bitches?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Done some more. But I've focused mainly on the detailing claim.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I guess your former statement applies? (just want to see a newer date here)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

It has.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update.

Nothing exciting. Landscaping by-and-large done.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi, you're within a week of the 30-day update period!

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

So I am. Been covering up the texture seams to get ready for the general placement of statics. But this claim is temporarily on hold whilst I finish up on A8.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update.

All the landscaping and vertex shading is finished, and all texture seams covered. Now it's just a simple task of filling up this claim with statics.

There are three interiors in this claim:
- ( -18, -24 ) Ngelfltingth: Dwarven ruin. Contains 5 entrances in this claim (four of which are on the bridges, and the fifth at the end of the valley below them) and 1 entrance in ( -18, -25 ).

- ( -16, -25 ) Wild kwama colony. Thought it was a cool idea and a shame it didn't happen (correct me if I'm wrong) so I made a dark hole door for one on the edge of the ashlands.

- ( -18, -26 ) Cave. Has a stone door because I like it. Wouldn't make sense to put something illegal (smugglers, necromancers, etc.) in here IMO.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Another update, this time with pretty pictures :] All rocks placed, only flora and details to go.

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/TR/4-161.jpg[/img]
A camp I've added. I made this as a legion camp given its location both with regards to this valley and the next, and its proximity to the Shadowmoth Legion Fort. It could easily be turned into a smugglers camp, but I think that would be lamer.

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/TR/4-162.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/TR/4-163.jpg[/img]
The dwarven ruin with its two pretty bridges.

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/TR/4-164.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/TR/4-165.jpg[/img]
One of the two cave ints. Will try to make this entrance look cool.

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/TR/4-166.jpg[/img]
The other cave entrance - wild kwama colony.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Me likey! Remember to clutter walkways and paths, love to see the small details...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey Nom, this needs an update in a few days.

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Been flora-ifying away. Uploaded latest WIP.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Howdy? This needs an update within the next few days.

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

K. I'll upload a proper update in the next xouple of days.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Dropping.

I don't see myself finishing this at the present so I might as well pass it on to somebody else.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked per user request. Use Nomadic's file.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Claiming. Gonna finish this up. Woot for Map 4
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I'm not a fan of the combination of Rm rocks and pine trees. Ash and pinetrees are in my opinion a no no. Even if the ground textures aren't ash related. It seems if the ash is going uphill. I think either the pines should be removed and the textures should be changed or the rm rock needs to be replaced with another set of rocks.
Haplo, what do you think?
I don't have anything against the snow; it's even compatible with the cyrodiil/morrowind border as seen at TES IV.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I actually think it's alright; the wind coming through the mountains would be funneled into the valleys and would be enough to erode the layer(s) of ash over time, and make it settle into the mountainside. The heavier soil would settle in the areas protected from ash, like the little valleys, and would provide a place for life to begin again.

Perhaps we could argue on a less mundane level that the ash is personified somehow and is trying to escape Morrowind, hence why it won't stay settled at the bottom.

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Haplo wrote:Perhaps we could argue on a less mundane level that the ash is personified somehow and is trying to escape Morrowind, hence why it won't stay settled at the bottom.
Wow. We should totally do that. Seriously, no sarcasm, I think it's awesome.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Why wrote:
Haplo wrote:Perhaps we could argue on a less mundane level that the ash is personified somehow and is trying to escape Morrowind, hence why it won't stay settled at the bottom.
Wow. We should totally do that. Seriously, no sarcasm, I think it's awesome.
While we're at it how about suggesting Almalexia used the ash as a sand pit as a baby but spilled it all out, resulting in none left at the lowest depresions.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

The Greatness wrote:While we're at it how about suggesting Almalexia used the ash as a sand pit as a baby but spilled it all out, resulting in none left at the lowest depresions.
Is that sarcasm?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:
The Greatness wrote:While we're at it how about suggesting Almalexia used the ash as a sand pit as a baby but spilled it all out, resulting in none left at the lowest depresions.
Is that sarcasm?
It is indeed.

Seriously, if I was playing a game and was told that some living ash is escaping I would stop playing immediatly and read a book. And I don't read many books.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Have you ever played Morrowind?