i4-367-Red

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i4-367-Red

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-367-Red (#2331)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_4-23-Red (#160)
Claimed by: Scamp
Files: TR_i4-367-Red_Scamp Softworks_4.esp; TR_i4-367-Red_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

[-7,-22] Cave on top of a ridge in the Armun Ashlands. Natural and uninhabited, be sure to make it nice and treacherous.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Natural cave, this time with ferns, mushrooms and vines, rocky but not rock covered throughout.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Totally granting. Feel free to add a ravine, or some corpses, a deep fissure with a piece of lost treasure at the bottom or something.
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Totally granting. Feel free to add a ravine, or some corpses, a deep fissure with a piece of lost treasure at the bottom or something.
I did in the previous cave, and will do it again in this one but different of course :D

Shell is done, rather large natural cave with underwater elements (planning a kind of sexy maze under water in large doublesized 04 cave)
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Entrance cell nearly finished (needs some more dripstones and vines), other two cells untouched.
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Revoke please. I cannot make it as nice as I wanted.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Revokeage has been wreaked upon this claim! Free for others to take and do with as they please.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

zrroadfahfkauhnfaosfhaofna.

Claiming...

I wanna grab this one then. The entrance looks really cool.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Granting
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

lol finished happy reviewing and such

k :P
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

reviewing teim
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: No
Loading errors: No

Review: Many texture refs in the file. No Northmarkers set, and the waterfalls in the pool area do not look natural as many of them seem to just end in a rock. True waterfalls have a path going all the way down to the water level. This looks very awkward.

Comments Can be a very nice cave if waterfalls are properly done.

Send back to fix the waterfalls, and don't forget the mist at some places. Also fix the Northmarkers and clean file.

Rating n/a
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Sorry about the texture refs, but I thought it would cause errors in CS when deleting them :roll: my fault, and I also thought you had already set the northmarkers, which was not the case, as I see now.
On the waterfalls, perhaps someone could give this a ok before it is submitted to review again because I don't want this claim to be revoked due to being sent back 3 times because of the fucking waterfalls. Hope it's ok though.

That said, finished again (hopefully).

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I don't have time to look at it at the moment, but the key problem was that some waterfalls were just ending in the second cell. I know that some of them disappeared into "holes", but when they were colliding with rocks halfway down the... large rock (I hope you understand what I am saying), then they really should continue on downward rather than just stopping.

Also, add mist in cell 3

Edit: Removing ground textures is only bad when working with exteriors.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

I will check it in the morning.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

oh sorry new version up I only looked for missing mists in the second cell, I added the mists in the submerrged level now.

Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

You still have a small waterfall (two strings) that end in a empty floor (no water static) at the top and back of the large stone pillar. Just across it on the other side at the back you can see rocks that aren't covered, so you can walk through, the mushrooms there stand in the water and several including a light bulb are in a rock completely or partially.

Many waterfalls just spawn out of a rock, which is ok for the first string in the upper parts but awkward in the continuation, water doesn't fall into a rock and then spawns 3 ft lower out of the other or even same rock, it flows over it, especially with the force it comes down.

One fall at the bottom, falls in a couple of rocks just above water level, it should be extended, either scale it larger otr add a fall part(S)

Look at the waterfall I send you in Ouada Fell, so you see the connections between the waterfall parts, how to fluently change direction as water would do, looking for the easiest path down.

It is not easy to make a good waterfall!
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

One fall at the bottom, falls in a couple of rocks just above water level, it should be extended, either scale it larger otr add a fall part(S)
I don't get why this is bad. I've seen that several times in real life, why shouldn't the water just pitch the rocks and fall into the pool afterwords? But if you still think it's not up to our standards, I will change it.

And were my waterfalls really that bad? I'm trying hard to comply with these things, but I'm quite a bit disheartened tbh. Sorry for that.

Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

You have to consider the appearance of these waterfalls in MW. They don't look like small falls which would fall on a rock and then just flow down the rock, they rather look like they really carry plenty of water and that they should hit the rocks at the bottom with a lot of force.

I'm sorry if this doesn't have anything to do with your claim, as I haven't really seen it.

EDIT: I've downloaded your file and the cave really looks great, Scamp. I guess this is all about the waterfall at the top? I don't mean to tell you how to do your thing, but in my opinion you should add some rocks under this waterfall so it would look like it is flowing through the rock after hitting it, or you could add another of those water circles. But I have to admit this waterfall is a bit too large to just flow down the rock without creating another waterfall. I'm sorry if you feel disheartened, but you shouldn't be, because this interior just looks amazing :wink:
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I have uploaded the new file. Thanks to Jule for his encouraging post. I was actually about to post the new file when I read it. Another water circle is indeed the solution I chose.
Sorry for my harsh post. I suppose I really expected too much. Now, that I have fixed the unnatural looking waterfalls, I understand what you mean and why it was really much better to have it changed. It looks better now, and much more natural. I hope it's the right file and I also hope that there's not so much to criticize about.
And also, Praedator, I don't really think that waterfalls are so hard to make, but it's really annoying when you have to change everything you've already done. I just didn't know these things before, and as you might have seen, not all of the waterfalls had this problem. Though, it would have been much easier for me if I only had known before that I shouldn't make the waterfalls end so abruptly.

Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

You have done it, now they look fine, natural and possible!

It is good for review now, other possible small errors I can fix.

And Jule, the cave is very good indeed, that is why I wanted also a good waterfall in it!

On knowing things, I still don't know all myself, call it experience, you learn every day!
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

To review then! (so glad I got them right finally, thanks for the help)

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

review time
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Adjusted some kollops, and added some loot. Else very good.

Comments Beautiful natural and challenging cave.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_i4-367-Red_Scamp Softworks_4.esp
(171.02 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving