i4-414-Hla

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i4-414-Hla

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-414-Hla (#2402)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-18-Hla (#155)
Claimed by: Bero
Files: TR_i4-414-Hla_Andres Indoril_1.esp; TR_i4-414-Hla_Andres Indoril_2.esp; TR_i4-414-Hla_Bero_1.esp; TR_i4-414-Hla_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i4-414-Hla_Why_1.esp; TR_i4-414-Hla_Why_2.esp

---

[2,-16] Velothi Tower.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'd like to have this one. Velothi tower modest in size.

Wacky plan! This Velothi tower has been unoccupied until recently. A rich Imperial from Old Ebonheart , seeing an opportunity to make lots of money, bought the tower from the Hlaalu noble living in the nearby mansion, turning it into a tourist attraction of some sorts. Visitors from the other provinces staying at Old Ebonheart visit the tower (traveling by boat from OE to the shack village at this side of the river) considering it an example of Dunmeri culture. The upper levels, including the dome, are open for exhibition. There will be de_r furniture with some distinct imperial items (!!) lying around, like com bookends and silverware knives and forks (and a dark elf in expensive imperial robes posing to be the resident mage, who in fact lives in the shack village and is under pay by the Imperial owner), the entrance will house a com desk of some kind where visitors pay an entrance fee. The basement hasn't been cleaned yet (spiderwebs all over the place) and probably houses some ancestral ghost or a couple of rats. Some brooms lying around, they want to open this part of the building too.

If this is too extreme (I think it'd be really fun if done well, and I think I can do it) it'll be just an abandoned velothi tower with a fugitive's personal belongings and bedroll tucket away in some corner of the basement. But please, let me try the tourist attraction before shooting down the idea :P

The NPCs and creatures mentioned will of course not be implemented at this stage, the description is just there to give you guys a complete idea of where this would be going.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

This sounds fun, but oh so cheesy. I'd like to hear from another member of the core before anything is decided (I can almost guarantee that Adanorcil would hate it :P )
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

The telvanni did have that imperial museum, but they are a lot more secure in their power. The Hlaalu would probably make the sale, and if it is in their territory then it is semi plausible. Still though, I want to hear what adan says.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Still though, I want to hear what adan says.
Sounds like idea suicide :P .
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Sounds like you don't really know how awesome lore can be if you automatically assume that anything that comes from the head of lore won't be good.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Well to be fair I think it's a bad idea myself. It would be fun but I think the idea of setting a musuem in a ruin would be rather alien to the people of Tamriel, even if it makes perfect sense for us. I can imagine an imperial buying it and using it for personal use, but a musuem? Like Cathartis said, too cheesy.

Maybe the imperial bought it for excavation? Sounds like a chance for some more IAS quests.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

It's meant to be cheesy. It won't actually be a museum, more like a really bad scam. The owner knows there are wealthy Imperials ready to spend their money so they can tell their friends they met a real Dark Elf wizard in his tower. Pretty much like tourists taking pictures of each other riding a camel led by its native owner, with Giza in the background, even when this Egyptian actually makes his money scamming tourists into believing he really is a goat herder. Something like that.

Edit: also, IAS excavating a Velothi tower? That's a really weird idea. Most Velothi towers are still in use, if the Imperials want to check one out, they could just bribe one of the friendlier wizards to give them a tour of his tower. IAS should concern themselves with "dead" history, not Velothi towers, most of which are still inhabited.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Why wrote:It's meant to be cheesy. It won't actually be a museum, more like a really bad scam. The owner knows there are wealthy Imperials ready to spend their money so they can tell their friends they met a real Dark Elf wizard in his tower. Pretty much like tourists taking pictures of each other riding a camel led by its native owner, with Giza in the background, even when this Egyptian actually makes his money scamming tourists into believing he really is a goat herder. Something like that.
But I can only imagine that as a completely alien idea to the people of Tamriel. You never see any tourists on Tamriel do you?
Why wrote:Edit: also, IAS excavating a Velothi tower? That's a really weird idea. Most Velothi towers are still in use, if the Imperials want to check one out, they could just bribe one of the friendlier wizards to give them a tour of his tower. IAS should concern themselves with "dead" history, not Velothi towers, most of which are still inhabited.
Yeah, but not by Velothi. I'm no lore expert but I think the Velothi were the Chimer who became Dunmer, so a Velothi tower would contain a hoard of ancient Dunmer history if you knew where to look.

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Ok, so I'm going to give Why's idea the go-ahead. Adanorcil suggested that the guy could also be scamming EEC members trying to get in touch with this foreign province, as well.

Couple of stipulations. I'm not going to allow things like this to become a precedent. This will be the only one of its kind, so please nobody suggest doing this somewhere else.

Also, I'd like fairly frequent updates to make sure this doesn't get all haha-funny, and thus stupid. I'm trusting in your abilities, Why.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Got it!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Uploaded the shell, nothing special yet except some items I threw into the reception area. Most of those aren't properly placed and rotated yet.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

haha lol rofl I always use the shady smuggler as scaling NPC as well :mrgreen:
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Scamp wrote:haha lol rofl I always use the shady smuggler as scaling NPC as well :mrgreen:
Me too :P

Last time I forgot to remove him when I tested my interior ingame for the first time, and he killed my low-level testing character :lol:
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t141/WhyAreWeFighting/fireplace.jpg[/img]
What do you guys think, overdone or just good? I thought the concept of a fireplace where the family gathers at evenings would be pretty normal for Imperials but rather foreign for Dunmer. It obviously needs more cluttering.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

So I installed Windows 7 and accidentally all my WIP files. :(
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

MISSING CRUCIAL VERB YOUR POST UNREADABLE

That sucks :-/
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yeah it does. I intend to hold on to this claim but as I prioritize the NPC claim (which files I did have backed up somewhere else, yay) we'll see if I can get an update out in time for this one. If not, someone else can have at it.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t141/WhyAreWeFighting/wallscreen.jpg?t=1289773958

yes/no? I'm not sure.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

yes
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

drop, plzrevoke.

Between being busy, Kemel-Ze, M3A4East and losing this file twice, I haven't really gotten much work done. The fireplace is a nice example of the subtle way I was trying to integrate imperial stuff in the de_r and velothi sets. Please keep the wallscreens on the second floor. The shell is small, but I feel it's sufficient.

Next claimant should probably carefully consider if he or she wants to continue with my plan outlined earlier this thread. If not, this can and should probably be just a regular Velothi tower. If such is the case remove the com stuff, and consider removing the fireplace too, since I intended it to reflect Imperial ideas about houses, customs and traditions.

edit: Oh, and I have no idea how the filesize got bloated like this. It's been cleaned, and there really isn't that much difference between file 1 and 2.
Last edited by Why on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked per modder request
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

I would be willing to continue Why's save. Just to see if I can (because I think I can).
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

There is a claim button right from the topic title.
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Claiming. Won't make it a museum, just a tower where an Imperial has made his home.

By the way, do I have to provide the NPCs or will someone else do that?
nick9999
Developer

Post by nick9999 »

NPSs are done at with the Npc detailing claims, so you dont have to provide them.
!TES 4 EVA !

to rebuild or not to rebuild, that is the question here!
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

What Nick9999 said. Granting, have fun.
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Small issue, I can't find the TR_Data.esm anywhere. Do have the .bsa though. Anyone can tell me where to get it?

As soon as I got that sorted I will get started on this.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/esp/browser.php]Kablam[/url]

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

There's a "TR Data files" link at the top of this page near the forum controls. If you only have the .bsa you should probably download that one again, too, because your version might be outdated.
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

This is more confusing than I can remember. The tile [2,-16] is empty sea close to Vivec (I do have TR_Mainland enabled), I honestly don't know where to find the exterior and I can't find the interior cell Why had been working on either. I really want to get started but I just can't figure this out. Are there any tutorials, instructions or something to get me back into this?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Consider 4-18.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I do have TR_Mainland enabled
You don't need TR_Mainland to work on this.
I honestly don't know where to find the exterior
You have to download the file provided at the top of this thread:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11730
I can't find the interior cell Why had been working on
You have to download the latest file at the top of this thread here.

Hope it helps! :mrgreen:

Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

I actually do need TR_Mainland as it is an esm Why used. I also did load Why's latest file but I couldn't find his interior cell. I did find several other cells that had been marked as changed. I figure I'll just start over from scratch as it's probably easier and cleaner.

Thanks for the help.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

WTF. I seem to have uploaded my latest quest claim instead of the interior. Ignore the file at the top. Use the file below. Apologies!
Attachments
TR_i4-414-Hla_Why_3.esp
(6.52 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Sandrew
Developer

Post by Sandrew »

Heh, that pretty much explains it. Your lay-out is pretty much what I was going to do. By the way, I love the way you used screens and fences to close off seperate areas. I'll probably use that.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Oh, sorry for confusing anyone here... glad it has been cleared now.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi Sandrew, this needs an update within the next several days or it will be revoked.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Next claimant, if you want to use my shell, remember to use the file in my post above rather than the one in the claim header. File number one is an earlier WIP and number 2 is the wrong file. Number 3 is the one that I intended to upload when I asked for this to be revoked.

Not saying you have to use my shell of course, do whatever you think is best.