Redoran affluent house showcase.

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

zhukant

Redoran affluent house showcase.

Post by zhukant »

Thanks for looking at this.

A couple notes:
It does not correspond to an exterior because many Redoran interiors don't have one, such as the mansions in the Emperor Crab in Ald'Ruhn.

The cell is called TR_i6_17_RED, but this doesn't mean anything. I was just practicing naming the cell, as the tutorial suggested.

I have no experience actually posting showcases, so my apologies if it doesn't have that nice little box with all the info or parts of it are missing. I have no idea about this, so here goes.

I look forward to you comments, and thank you again for your time!
Attachments
Seminor Alendas's House.ESP
CellID: TR_i6_17_RED
(27.27 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Hy Zhukant, and welcome to TR :)

First your file is dependant on the TR_Map1 and TR_Map2.esm, please make it only dependent on the vanilla esms(Morrowind, Bloodmoon, Tribunal) and the TR_Data.
You can clean it with TESDTK.

So I cannot open it in the CS, cause I don't have the map 1 and 2 esms... but I looked in TESAME and your file looks clean, and that's good :)
"A sick thought can devour the body’s flesh more than fever or consumption"
zhukant

Post by zhukant »

Hopefully I was able to use the utility correctly! It is very simple, or so it seems, but you never know…

Thank you for taking a look so quickly! :) I was expecting to wait much longer.

Update: I didn't realize that I had to use de_p. There is a shelf in the medium room with books on it that had to be carefully rotated to match the wall, and the books in the large room had to be rotated as well. If this is not enough, I will make a smaller showcase with de_p. Please advise :)
Attachments
Clean version: Mw, Tl, Bm, TRData
(27.2 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

It doesn't HAVE to be de_p, but it is basically a rule of thumb because the entire idea is to see if you can rotate things properly to match surfaces. If your showcase shows this ability through means other than matching to de_p then it can fulfill the requirements.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

I am no reviewer, so I just looked through your int quickly, to give some advice :)

What I found:

light_de_lamp_03_128 x12 floating
light_de_lamp_01_128 x8 bleeding into the floor and sometimes into the wall too

Many books are floating or bleeding

Ante-room:

misc_de_goblet_06 x6 floating
misc_de_bowl_01 x5 could use a bit more rotating, to look natural
Furn_De_R_Bookshelf_02 x1 floating
light_de_candle_08_64 x1 bleeding into the glass and into the table

Big room:

misc_de_bowl_bugdesign_01 x2 lower it a little bit into the shelf, becuse the bowl's bottom is pointy
misc_de_foldedcloth00 x2 floating
TR_sc_blank_scroll x1 bleeding into the other two
light_de_candle_07_64 x1 floating
com_basket_01_chpfood5 x1 bleeding into the urn, and the urns are bleeding into each other too
com_sack_02_pos x2 sacks should be lowered into the ground too, because of the pointy bottom
extravagant_shoes_01, expensive_robe_02, expensive_robe_03 floating hit the f more than once
furn_de_r_chair_03 x1 bleeding into the rug

Small room:

misc_de_bowl_bugdesign_01 x2 lower it a little bit into the shelf, becuse the bowl's bottom is pointy

Overall it is not a bad int, but it needs more detail, the rugs could be rotated (just 1-5 degree feels more natural), and definietly more tapestry (and they should be closer to the wall)

Again, this is not a review, I just looked through realy quick.
zhukant

Post by zhukant »

Peterboy wrote:I am no reviewer
Sounds like you wouldn't be half-bad! Have you considered applying? :)

By the way, what does it mean when you put x4 after the object name? Thanks!
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Peterboy, you do not have to be a reviewer to review a showcase. As such this probably should count as a review, but I'll leave that for TF to specify.

zhukant, x4 simply means that whatever item was listed occurred four times in your file and needs to be fixed that many times.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

yeah, reviewing a showcase is fine if you aren't a reviewer. We prefer that you know what you are doing though , which peterboy does.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
zhukant

Post by zhukant »

Thanks again for the technical review!

I was wondering if I could also get a little feedback on the more big-picture aspects - do I have enough clutter? Is it too plain and boring? Enough lighting? Other comments? :)
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

As I said in in my review (as Samir and TF pointed out), it needs more detail and clutter. It feels very bare, and I think the lighting is good. It's a bit big for a showcase in my opinion, but that's not a problem.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I don't really get how you can come to the conclusion that this needs more clutter. Just saying.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

It feels bare to me... atleast more tapestries and some rugs.
zhukant

Post by zhukant »

The extravagant shoes have a really weird mesh - I had to make them bleed quite a bit in the front to get the back to touch the drawer thing, otherwise you can see inside of them.

Note the new servant room with the de_p furniture :)

This is the last upload! Hope it's perfect, haha :P
Attachments
(30.14 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Overall: Look through your urns and baskets and other containers again. Many are bleeding into the others.

misc_de_bowl_01x4 bleeding into the table horribly
furn_de_r_wallscreen_02 x2 bleeding into the ground

Servant room:

Stylemixing Alarm! The com_wood items and the light_com_candle_04 is maybe acceptable, but the light_com_candle_05_64, and theexpensive_shirt_01_a (it's a ashlander clothing item) absolutly no-no.

Despite this little blooper the int is fine, the poor furniture is handled well, and I see you could fix everything.

Through and through I think you can be recommended for interior promotion
zhukant

Post by zhukant »

Thank you! :D I appreciate this!

I kind of want to make a Daedric shrine now :P

P.S. About the bowls - earlier you recommended that I sink them into the surface because of their pointy end. Was that too much, then? What's a good amount?
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Haven't had a look at your work myself yet, but Congratulations! :D
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
zhukant

Baskets and Containers

Post by zhukant »

I just realized something - I think I have mesh packs installed which might make some of my objects (such as urns and baskets) rounder. In my CS they aren't bleeding into each other at all, which would explain this inconsistency. This may also explain why I chose to sink the bowls into the bookshelves that particular amount.

About the servant's room - are there super crappy dishes that the poorest redoran people use? I had trouble finding precedents for something like that, hence my blundering style mixing.
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

The bugdesign bowl should be sinked, and I don't remember wich one too. You cna look at the CS.

The misc_de_bowl_01 is the blue ceramic bowl, wich has a matching pitcher :) Sometimes you used the correctly, but on a table in the ante-room they are very noticably bleeding.

Well a mesh replacer can absolutly explains many things :D I would recommend not to use them while modding for TR. ;)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Naming convention is close enough on the cell name.
Though your entire int doesn't have to use de_p, you do need to have enough furniture with uneven surfaces. (and things put on those surfaces) One small table is not enough.

Working from the entrance:
Vary your rotation more on bottles, it feels like they all roughly face the same way even though they have varying rotations.
Blue lights or normal lights, you need to pick one. It looks rather strange having both.
Bottle on the de_p table floats on one end
de_r_chest_01 faces the wall, hinges should face the wall
pillows should bleed slightly
wallscreens bleed slightly into the floor
light_com_candle_05_64 is a nono. there are plenty of de candles
You should totally replace the wood things in the servant room with stoneware from TR_Data.
Nordic longsword and proverb book in a redoran manor?

previously reported non-errors:
the misc_de_bowl_01 is not a bowl with a point tip so it doesn't have to be sunk. I do think though that you sunk it in a way that looks natural and adds a bit of variation.

If you choose to fix this int, you will need more de_p furniture.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo