4-8-Hla

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Nomadic1 wrote:A week or two.
... or less.

Finished.

I created placeholder banners for all the shops. They'll only need renaming once merging/detailing is occuring. I also changed the descriptions of 50 and 51, and added 80.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

then off to review
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: This is just beautiful! Great work, Nomadic :-)

Comments Approved

Rating 10/10
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I feel so inept right now...
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Why?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I've been doing the majority of exterior reviews, which there hasn't been in months then when one comes through... I'm not around :(

you should have lit the Tyrion beacon!
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I will next time :-P sorry for that! Feel free to do some modding though ;-)

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Back to claimed for Nemon to rework the area and match borders, etc.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I guess I'll dump the process to 50%, there are many things needed to be done with this claim. 5-6 is priority though, so at least a week until I start with this one.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

WIP uploaded.
Mountains added to match 4-16, river and pond removed, detailing heavy around roads and enhancing old stuff. One velothi tower added, as well as a couple of caves. Bumping this one to 60%.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Even more mountain areas finished, most of the unaccessible areas are now complete. Roads detailed and fixed, some parts were kind of skewy.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

More stuff done, ten cells left (including unaccessible ones) to fix and detail before this one is ready for review.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Off to review!

Oh, and new ints outside the city:

-19 -27: Velothi tower
-18 -27: Cave leading up to...
-18 -27: Snow cave
-16 -27: Dwemer tower, part of ruin
-12 -29: Two farm buildings
-13 -30: Farm building
-16 -28: Dwemer ruin
-17 -28: Cave
-17 -29: Cave
-18 -30: Cave

From 4-46 thread (since that claim borrowed cells from 4-8)
-12 -27 (lower part) mine, legal and non hostile
-12 -27 (upper part) hostile cave, perhaps connected with the bottom mine through some awesome secret sexy maze?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Noice work with the mountains.

I dunno if the plan got dropped at some stage, but anyway the 'ravine' around the city hasn't been made into the main road in. At the very least, it still has what look like riverbed textures, which should probably be sorted out. There's also a now inexplicable 'dock' with fish pieces.

(on a seperate note, do people still want that gratuitous reuse of the unique Vivec statues in the middle of town? i thought we'd sworn to bury the remains of that phase in TR's history)
Last edited by Bloodthirsty Crustacean on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I noticed a number of small isues, including floaters.

Also, in Kragenmoor, you added some fountain sprays to streaming water. Besides me not liking it: they're scripted to disable after the attack on Plaza Brindisi Dorom. And kill the statues with NUCLEAR FIRE.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I didn't add anything to the fountains. Please rename them without script in the review, and feel free to kill the statues and replace them with flora. My main concern was the mountains and removing the river, as well as fixing some weird flora.

I scrapped the extra road btw.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Mountains matched and the area about Kragenmoor looks a little better. Shading could have been used a bit more liberally, and I think you could have tackled a couple of the more terrible issues in the city itself no problem, although I understand this wasn't your main concern. That said, everything else looks quite good.

Comments Good to see map4 finally finished. I think it fits much nicer now.

Rating A-
Attachments
TR_4-8-Hla_Nemon_2r.esp
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 61 times

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Does that mean issues in the city itself were addressed by you, Tyr?
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I had fixed several issues in Kragenmoor this time. I didn't touch the fountain though because one of the original requests ages back was not to touch it (it was the only thing that survived from the first original claim). Nemon was only really concerned with the VMs, as he said.

I've found three issues that remain though:
- there is a strange small patch of WG rocks on the road leading north into the Armun Ashlands.
- there are still riverbed textures in the bend around the city.
- the lake south of the city should be restored, or all the fishing stuff in interiors and the exterior that still remain be removed.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Nomadic1 wrote:I had fixed several issues in Kragenmoor this time. I didn't touch the fountain though because one of the original requests ages back was not to touch it (it was the only thing that survived from the first original claim). Nemon was only really concerned with the VMs, as he said.

I've found three issues that remain though:
- there is a strange small patch of WG rocks on the road leading north into the Armun Ashlands.
- there are still riverbed textures in the bend around the city.
- the lake south of the city should be restored, or all the fishing stuff in interiors and the exterior that still remain be removed.
The fountain looked bad, I removed it. Keeping something because somebody years ago said they wanted it saved is not a good reason to keep it when it generally looks awful today. If somebody has a better idea for that spot then they can go ahead and implement it.

I saw the sand textures but left them, they didn't look really bad, but if you want them removed they can be. imo they didn't look too out of place at the bottom of the ravine.

What lake? There's a lake east of the city but barely any space for one to the south in this claim.

edit: as per Aeven's inquiry, yes I removed the Vivec statues and redid a stairway to the upper plaza area where the waterfall was, and added a few other details around that area as well, mainly flora and a few rocks.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

If we're maintaining the really weird sprays in moving water: at least make a clone that isn't scripted to disable after the Brindisi Dorom attack.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ave, you could just check the file. they're gone.

Tyrion, Nomad's talking about the 'dock' area I mentioned in my post, which either needs a body of water to be in, or to be removed.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Use it as a little back entrance to town or just make it a wall?

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Keep the "dock", I made stairs for them.
And I couldn't see any "riverbed" textures left either, as I redid the textures all over the place. It's been a while now since we decided the river to be removed so I kept the ravine and raised the landscape to remove water. Adding another road seemed too much imo, considering there's enough roadage around the city.

As for the city itself, I added lots of detail, fixed terrain, added flora, clutter and fixed some vertex shading.

The WG rocks are gradually reducing in numbers when going north on the armun-bound road, if any are left in the armun ashlands they should be removed - but not if it's part of a gradual reduction of usage to blend region types.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Yeah, I was talking about the sand texture at the bottom of the ravine. I just thought it looked kinda weird and out of place.

For the lake thing, I wasn't talking only about the dock. I was also thinking about the several fisherman's houses, the dodgy fisherman's stall on the dock, the hall of brewers and fishmongers, and the general fish-related paraphenalia around the lower part of town. At the moment there is all that stuff but nowhere to fish, so either all that stuff has to go or the lake returned. It would be easier to do either of those things now than it would be to do them later.
Tyrion wrote:The fountain looked bad, I removed it. Keeping something because somebody years ago said they wanted it saved is not a good reason to keep it when it generally looks awful today. If somebody has a better idea for that spot then they can go ahead and implement it.
I know, but I wasn't gonna step on their toes. And what you did looks a million times better anyway :]
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I can remove some of the fishy stuff on the "dock" then and replace it with other mundane stuffs.

Is there, or could there be, a body of water in the claim immediately to the south?

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Tyrion wrote:I can remove some of the fishy stuff on the "dock" then and replace it with other mundane stuffs.

Is there, or could there be, a body of water in the claim immediately to the south?
Unfortunately there's quite some distance to the nearest water source.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Well damn.

Is it that unseemly to have a fishmonger's hall in a major settlement? The outdoor bits can be removed easily.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I can just add a little lake back... it's not that big of a deal.

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Nemon, do you want to re-lakify this? As far as I'm concerned its finished besides that issue.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Haplo wrote:I can just add a little lake back... it's not that big of a deal.
Sure, just add a little lake then :) .
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I decided to try out a reservoir filled with cultured fish which provide a source of food and trade for Kragenmoor. I figured this would be more character-building for the city than just a tiny lake. However, I'm afraid the dock now needs more fish monger details... :-P Does someone want to add that in on the big foundation piece?
Attachments
TR_4-8-Hla_Nemon-Final.esp
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I'll take it this evening!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

oh also, the silt strider is extremely sunken. obvs they're meant to a bit, but this one's way too much!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Fishy details and silt strider done!
Attachments
TR_4-8-Hla_Nemon-Final.esp
(1.87 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

[url=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9532/mgescreenshot5.jpg][img]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9532/mgescreenshot5.th.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9812/mgescreenshot6.jpg][img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9812/mgescreenshot6.th.jpg[/img][/url]
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]