Draxagar's Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Draxagar Kabal

Draxagar's Showcase

Post by Draxagar Kabal »

Hello TR. I've always loved Morrowind since I first played and just recently started looking into mods and whatnot. After downloading some mods(TR being one of them) i checked out the CS and gave it a go. So this is my first attempt at using the CS and i would love to get some feedback.
Attachments
Club Kabal.esp
My first upload. Just a club/bar that i put together to better understand the cs. To get to the club, travel to Vivec and go under the bridge that leads to the foreign quarter.
(305.68 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Wow, your post was completely ignored and now I feel terrible. If I were not in the middle of a good night's sleep (phone calls) I'd review it myself, but with a post from me I'm sure a reviewer will hop up and give this a look over. Once again, very sorry for the complete lack of response.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Oops. How did I forget about this?

I've taken a look at your int, and while there's a lot of effort clearly gone into this and some really neat stuff (I love what you've done with the waterfall) it's not really what you're after. In order to show you can make ints for TR. First of all, your int must contain de_p furniture. The reason for this? If you look carefully, you will see that de_p furniture isn't completely flat, and in TR we will need you to be able to rotate to match the surface. Rotating is one of the hardest skills in interior making and we need to be sure you can manage it. Secondly, we usually ask for a smaller int, about 3x2, to see that you can make our most common interiors. I would recommend starting a new int and making a small average house that would fit an existing exterior and uses entirely de_p furniture.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your showcase :) .
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Draxagar Kabal

Post by Draxagar Kabal »

Thanks for the input about the interior. Ill start working on a new one that contains de_p furniture.
Draxagar Kabal

Post by Draxagar Kabal »

Here it is.
Attachments
3 X 2 House.ESP
The interior is named 3 X 2 House.
(7.04 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I've cleaned out your showcase as it was getting quite strange and unruly. I've also got an actual reviewer lined up and he should be doing your showcase shortly. I'm terribly sorry about all of this weirdness, and if it pops up again I'll move it to the archives as well.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Welcome to Tamriel Rebuilt, Draxagar Kabal! I'm so sorry your first impression was ruined! Anyway, he's a review of your showcase file!

Review:

- lighting not set properly. Try some Balmora lighting values, they should suit this place. Fog can't be 0.0, and the sunlight is far too bright.

- the bed bleeds a bit (ever so slightly, unseeable) into the floor

- the pillow should bleed a bit into the bed, to make it look more natural

- the hackle-lo pipe bleeds too much, and the leaves are slightly floating.

- you have 3 bottles of Flin, a very expensive item in an otherwise poor interior. This isn't forbidden, but it doesn't make total sense. They're also all rotated the same. They're not Dunmer though, so that's a reason not to have them here.

- the tapestries are bleeding into the ceiling. My advice is to make the pole either come off from the wooden beam, or the wall. Move it a bit into the room when you do, because it'll bleed into the wall otherwise.

- your com_basket_01_chpfood5 are floating (a lot!)

- the shelf is sunk way too far into the floor. It should be on the floor itself.

- sink your com_sack_01_ingred on the shelves a bit, into each other but also the shelf, so it rests more naturally.

- you need to rotate items on de_p to properly rest on the surfaces. F-pressing them isn't enough: they'll either bleed or float.

- the candle on the dresser is bleeding into the dresser.

- the small chest on the dresser needs to be properly rotated

Conclusion:

You have the ability to create your own interiors, but still need a bit of touching up to do on your skills! ;) If you fix these issues and nothing new comes up, you'll be a TR Modder in no time! :)
Draxagar Kabal

Post by Draxagar Kabal »

Ill try to get to work on it ASAP. I had to reformat my comp so it might be a while before i get things up and running again.