Map 2 NPC Claim #8 [arvisrend]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

This was certainly the shortest claim on a Map ever. :P

All NPCs (besides Tomaril Manor) are put in, you just need to pop a couple more creatures into the cells on the right side of the cells. Still need to merge Tomaril.

Sorry I can't finish this. You can track the progress of the musical [url=http://www.box.net/shared/0868tvksgpz03lj1mb29]here[/url]
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Thanks, MSam! I've been itching to get back to NPCing. But why is this dependant on TR_Mainland? If there's no good reason I'm going to remove the dependancy.

EDIT:
MSam wrote:You just need to pop a couple more creatures into the cells on the right side of the cells.
What?
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

If I remember correctly, it's dependant on TR_mainland.esm because it requires the regions, such as Mephalain Mountains etc. They aren't part of the m2A8 esp as far as I know.

I think MSam was just saying that you need to place creatures in the eastern cells of the claim (--> cells on the right side ->> cells to the east, wtf I don't know).
I'd say you just check where more creatures are needed in general.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

The file also edits some minor stuff in a border region, IIRC.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Kk, TheNotSoGreatNess just made clear on IRC that regions are apparently part of TR_data, so ignore me :mrgreen:
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Aeven wrote:The file also edits some minor stuff in a border region, IIRC.
Oh right. Any chance this could be seperated? The fact I have to have all dialogue added in TR_mainland makes this kinda difficult.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

If it were easily doable, we'd have done so.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Hey MSam, can you make sure the new exterior of Tomaril Manor has been merged into this claim?

edit: nvm, I just read that you've yet to do that
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

It has been merged in. The doors need to be linked again though.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Do we have an int that still fits? If not, we need one quick.

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

The interior has already been redone.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

I think MSam was just saying that you need to place creatures in the eastern cells of the claim (--> cells on the right side ->> cells to the east, wtf I don't know).
Yeah, that's the one. Ahahaha, not my problem anymore :P .
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

This needs to get moved back to Unclaimed.

In terms of 'questing' stuff, this and Necrom are the biggest stumbling blocks right now, as they have been for some time.

If you're still up for this Greatness, why not take a shot? I am still too busy to help out - but my offer still stands for when I get free time if there's need for it.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a great modder by the name Unclaimed? Sadly this is not the case, so back to Unclaimed we go...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

I can't work on this because my gaming computer is down, but I'm planing to resume work on this as soon as I get it back, which should be the end of this week, but I can't make any promises.

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

The Greatness wrote:I can't work on this because my gaming computer is down, but I'm planing to resume work on this as soon as I get it back, which should be the end of this week, but I can't make any promises.
I don't want to sound like I want to steal your claim Greatness :) but I have the time now to work on this, and a mostly completed NPC claim shouldn't be too much trouble for a new Quester like myself. Maybe I can work on this a little until you get your computer issues taken cared of?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Lol, mostly completed? This claim needs a lot of work. Anyway, you can work on it if you want but hopefully I should be able to resume work on it in a week. If you want to work on it you'll basically have to go through every int in Akamora, adding the TR_m2_NPC script to each, make sure the names are decent, check ownership and make sure merchants don't have way to much stuff for sale (basically you can delete everything from their inventory execpt clothes, any weapons/armour and a bit of random gold), and keep an eye out for stupid stuff like NPCs in Bloodmoon clothing. Any unique dialogue you can add to NPCs you work on would be appreciated. I've added a bit of unique dialogue to some of the NPCs I've worked on but I'm probably going to spend a while improving it and reworking it like I often do. It's not very fun, but I'll upload a WIP so you can work on it if you want.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Also, all settlements here (all of Map 2.5) likely need misc quests.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I guess this one isn't as far along as I thought it was. Still, I can take care of some of the stuff you listed.

Edit: Instead of adding the TR_m2_NPC script, shouldn't the TR_m3_NPC script be used. All the NPCs in Akamora have M3 in their ID.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Heh, as far as I know they're supposed to be M2 - however, as long as it's consistent, I think M3 will do fine. Check with Haplo to be sure though.

You're working on this for the time being then, Yeti? Awesome.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Whoever gave them M3 in their id was wrong; Akamora is in Map 2. Thankfully the id is unimportant but the script does have an effect. However, if you do want to start giving these NPCs the M3 script that's an easy thing to do since none of them have any script. It depends more on what you did in Necrom, Why.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Akamora is in Sacred East, which will be our 3rd release. That's probably where the confusion came from. I will parrot Why; as long as it's consistent, it's OK.

aaaaand moving this back to Claimed under Yeti's name.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Uh oh. When I was working on Othrensis I gave all NPCs an M3 ID and the TR_M3_NPC script, yet it's now on the fourth release map. Does that mean we need to replace all of those or does that mean making Akamora NPCs M3 is inconsistant? It also depends on what Why did in Necrom of course. We need an answer one way or the other here really.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

the number should be the claim map if you ask me as that is what every other number will be.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yep, the confusion arises from when these claims were taken off map2. No other release borders had been changed so the thinking in terms of npc ids was that these claims would be appended directly to map 3. Now that even morechanges have taken place, trying to rearrange claim map numbers is just confusing, so releases are just a totally seperate thing from claim maps. To that end, these npcs should be tr_m2_.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Ah, way to misread things. I thought the problem was that they used the wrong script, which would have been okay with me since the different map versions of scripts are used as dialog parameters. Do keep everything m2 here. Sorry for the confusion.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

So I should change all the NPC IDs so they have M2 in them?

Also, is there any policy of where the "BEGIN TR MAP2: AKAMORA [insert topic]" should go in the order of the dialogue placeholders?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yeti wrote:So I should change all the NPC IDs so they have M2 in them?
Yes please! And also use m2 scripts!
Yeti wrote:Also, is there any policy of where the "BEGIN TR MAP2: AKAMORA [insert topic]" should go in the order of the dialogue placeholders?
Oh, this thing is dependant on TR_Mainland, bleh. I don't think it matters much, since they're all filtered for specific NPCs or cells anyway. I'd say just put them on top of the M2 stack.

If you don't mind, I'd love to see a WIP once you've done anything worth looking at so that we can see what you're doing and, if necessary, give you some pointers, considering this is your first NPC claim and all that. Don't worry, I've got full confidence in your abilities, but I remember feeling a bit lost in my first NPC claim myself, so posting an early WIP will allow us to help you out properly ;)

Also remember http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=301468 - even though it's far from complete, the earlier we start adopting some standards the better. I'll message you (pm or IRC) whenever I update that thread with anything substantial.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

I might be wrong, but I get the nasty feeling that someone put the Akamora topics under Map 3. There's already a fair bit of dialogue so you should be able to find the caps dividers.

By the way, is it safe to change the ID once an instance of it has been placed? It's something I've always avoided doing, but I might just be being paranoid.

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I've done it now for about half of Akamora's NPCs and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems. I'll look into the dialogue. If they're under Map 3 should I bother fixing it?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The Greatness wrote:I might be wrong, but I get the nasty feeling that someone put the Akamora topics under Map 3. There's already a fair bit of dialogue so you should be able to find the caps dividers.

By the way, is it safe to change the ID once an instance of it has been placed? It's something I've always avoided doing, but I might just be being paranoid.
Are you talking about objects, or dialogue entries?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Haplo wrote:
The Greatness wrote:I might be wrong, but I get the nasty feeling that someone put the Akamora topics under Map 3. There's already a fair bit of dialogue so you should be able to find the caps dividers.

Are you talking about objects, or dialogue entries?
I was talking about an object, but it sounds like I was just being paranoid. Ignore me.

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Question: None of Akamora's eggmines have any Kwama creatures except a Queen. Should I add some to them?

I should have a file up latter today.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yes, make them proper eggmines. :)
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Wip file posted for your nitpicking pleasure. :)

Since I’m new at NPcing, here’s a detailed list of what I did so you can make sure I didn’t screw anything up :))

Fixed the Akamora NPC IDs and added TR_m2 scripts to them
Fixed some instances of NPCs having Uber weapons.
Changed some clothing on some of the NPCs to look better.
Removed silly stuff like Bloodmoon and Ashlander clothing and random Ordinator boots :)
Made a slight fix to the interior shell of Varen manor
Checked Ownership for the interior cells

I thought the ranks of the Morag Tong members leaned a little too much on the high side so I lowered some of them. I also changed some of their classes so that they weren’t all Assassins; as Why had suggested on a previous page.

I added leveled Kwama’s to the mines and added NPCs to two of the mines which didn’t have any.

I added a little dialogue, mostly some unique backgrounds. I also added some generic responses under the local economy topic if that’s okay. I’d be fine with doing some more of the generic dialogue if that’s alright with The Greatness.

Something weird I noticed: The Tiranat-Payrs Egg Mine doesn’t seem to be much of an Egg mine, as It has no egg sacks and no Kwama Queen.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Do whatever you like Yeti, I really don't mind. There is a lot of stupid stuff including some odd egg mines (I spent a while actually adding levelled creatures instead of placed ones in one mine), so watch out for stuff like that. Also check the inventory of any vendors to make sure they don't have too much stuff (they will do). You can pretty much delete anything in their inventory designed to be sold if you make sure they own all the chests and items in their shop.

Also an update on my side; I'm expecting to have my computer back by tuesday (which means Steam challenges for me).

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Which NPCs had uber weapons?

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

A few of the nobles, I think. I saw a lot more ebony than I thought was called for, and some of the NPCs with them didn’t look like they deserved them. I recall one guy had an ebony scimitar… but now that I think about it he might have been the guy in charge of Akamora, so perhaps he should have it back?

Edit: Perhaps Uber wasn't the right word to use. These guys weren't in full Daedric armor or anything :D
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

This file fixes a error I made with dialogue filtering. After this I probably wont have time to work on this anymore, so The Greatness can have it again when he's ready. It was nice being able to do some NPCing for Sacred East :))

Also, most of the eggmines still need Pathgrids, along with Veri manor and Varen manor.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Right, I have a working computer, I have time, I'm ready to roll. Claiming untill MSam is ready to work on it again.