A few questions about this mod

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

fredstek

A few questions about this mod

Post by fredstek »

Hey guys i have never finished either of morrowind or oblivion but both games were great. I am buying a new i5 2500k computer soon and hope it will run morrowind graphics overhaul and other graphics enhancing mods with a nvidiea gt440 and 8gb 2000mhz drr3 ram. I want to try and play morrowind again with graphics overhaul and this tamriel rebuilt mod. will the graphics overhaul interfere with tamriel rebuilt? Also when will this mod be out? lol had to ask.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Visual mods should not interfere with our mod, unless those mods for whatever reason edit cells away from Vvardenfell. We do have some members working on grass mods for our next and future releases.

We've already released the first two parts of the Morrowind mainland, Sacred East (the next one) is out sometime soon but I can't give any definite date other than "when it's done". The whole province being completed is definitely a long way off.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Knots

Post by Knots »

I have -only- messed around in TR with graphics replacers. All of the internal maps look fantastic with graphics mods; I don't use the Overhaul, but it shouldn't be a problem.

The only replacer that has any problems with TR is Vurt's Mournhold "Cherry Blossom" tree replacer. They look beautiful in LO forest but there is a town called Bosmora where certain walkways are planned around the original dimensions of these trees so the new trees clip pretty heavily with the walkways and make certain places hard to navigate. It's no big deal though and pretty easy to fix in the CS, so I wouldn't be surprised if a fix came out when Release 4 hits, even if I have to make the fix myself :P

Also kind of weird but not a problem is that on maps 1 and 2, grazeland trees are set to pretty ridiculous scales which looks a little strange (but also kind of neat) in distant land.

You can see some screens of TR I took running graphics mods [url=http://knotstheinane.blogspot.com/2011/06/tamriel-rebuilt.html]here[/url] if you're curious.

BY THE WAY: If you're spending 2k on a computer it is kind of ridiculous that you're only getting an i5/440 with that cash. A 440 will run morrowind with graphics mods but not as well as, say, a 480 or a 5870. If you are spending that kind of money on a computer, you should have some of the best hardware money can buy and that just ain't the best.

You should consider building your own computer by buying parts from sites such as [url=http://www.newegg.com]Newegg[/url]. It's -really easy- (like building with legos, seriously) to build a computer and you can make a ridiculously good computer on that kind of budget, much much better than an i5/440. Just take a look at this [url=http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png]image guide[/url] to see what kind of parts you can get for your money. Really, look at that guide. AN i7 2600k with TWO 6970s in it for $1630. That's a full 1k dollars less and it kicks the crap out of the computer you are thinking about buying.
Shadows have been my spotlight as I monologue with night and dialogue the days
Soliloquies of wind and breeze, applauded by sun rays
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

And let's be real, Intel is for squares anyway.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
fredstek

Post by fredstek »

The two parts that are out are maps 1 and 2 with quests and everything? I am only going a 440 because i spent all the money i had on the other parts. The 440 will be fine i think to run allot of older games that i have missed out on because i plan on doing some catching up first. My last pc from early 2006 was a amd so i am gonna give intel my money this time :) heres the complete specs just over 1k

Items Ordered:

Samsung 12x SH-B123A/RSBP BluRay Combo drive

$79.00

DDR3 6GB (3x2G) G.Skill 2000MHz PC16000 RipJaws RAM Kit

$159.00

Gigabyte S1155 GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard

$219.00

Coolermaster SGC-6000-KWS2 AMD/ATI VISION STORM SNIPER case (No PS)

$119.00

Intel S1155 Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core CPU UNLOCKED Bundle Price*

$209.00

1TB Western Digital EALX 7200rpm SATA3 6Gb/s Caviar Blue HDD

$58.00

Corsair TX850 V2 power supply

$189.00

Total price for parts

$1032.00
fredstek

Post by fredstek »

Am going to get two powerfull cards later and sli them and overclock the cpu to 4.7
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Why don't you just go for an i7, then? And a Solid State Drive to put your OS on, or a 10000RPM disk at least...

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

fredstek

Post by fredstek »

i7 2600k have hyperthreading which i dont really care for and apparently dont work as well for games as 2500k. seen some bench marks and the i5 2500k beats them by like over 10fps. Also SDD are way to expensive and i dont care for them at all especially in a desktop computer. And who the fudge uses disks any more? lol
fredstek

Post by fredstek »

I just hope that the single GT440 will be enough for morrowind with graphics overhaul or other graphics enhancing mod. I am not quite sure which graphics mod to go with yet but i also want to update these things like Immersion with more music "same music over and over got boring", better fighting, having to eat food/sleep. Just lots of mods that make it a better more immersive experience. Can someone please suggest mods like these?
fredstek

Post by fredstek »

actually....i spose i could get a ssd for the operating system so it will boot faster.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think you'd be better off asking this sort of question at the official Morrowind Mods forum:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/12-morrowind-mods/

Soleadar

Post by Soleadar »

So are you still working on this mod? Looks epic (haven't tried it yet), but it's beta. Any ETA for release?
Cocytus

Post by Cocytus »

They're still working on it, but there isn't and probably never will be an ETA on the final release. Preferably sometime between now and the heat death of the universe, but no promises.
In way over his head.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Release date = current date + (number of times people have whined/bitched/complained about us not releasing + number of times people have asked when we will release / number of times we have answered) + 1d20
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Cocytus

Post by Cocytus »

Which, even if we had a means of figuring out those values, would be completely meaningless on account of the utter lack of actual units involved. :3
In way over his head.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Actually we do keep a running tally. We are currently at 483 since Antediluvian Secrets was released.

Soleadar

Post by Soleadar »

Damn, I must have sounded like an idiot with that question :-)
You've made one awesome mod guys. Just wanted to know if you're still working on it and if it will ever be complete. Too bad I'm not good at modding or anything. I'm good at Customer Support - any chance I can be useful? :-)
Soleadar

Post by Soleadar »

For some reason, I cannot view the whole map of TR in world map mode. Any known ways to fix this?
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

You should download the MCP (Morrowind Code Patch). Once downloaded, you can choose to expand the worldmap, which will allow you to see the mainland on the worldmap.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Soleadar

Post by Soleadar »

Oh right! I have it, but back when I used it, I didn't have TR yet. Thanks!