Map 2 NPC Claim #9 [Bloodthirsty Crustacean]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

Where could I get a look at said basement?

Some other questions/comments on Necrom. With the big cliff face path leading up to the causeway I personally don't like the big white walls there. I don't think there needn't be any sort of wall there, but they're so tall it feels like it's deliberately trying to block my view. Personally I'd like to be able to see over it.

My other thought was that we have that sweet interior mesh for the Necrom towers and lighthouse but none of the towers are enterable and I don't even know if the lighthouse is enterable. I presume it's the big one above the docks and not the watchtower on the cliffs. Were the tower interiors just scrapped?

The hill east of Necrom made entirely out of statics does look bad and is indeed a pain in the ass to walk on. But what I felt when I was running around the area moreso is that the terrain surrounding the main portion of Necrom is surrounded almost entirely by cliffs. In fact the only way to get to the starting point of the hill made from statics is from the eastern coast, but from Necrom there's really only one obvious way to reach the coast.
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/69999202.jpg/][img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4190/69999202.th.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/39451777.jpg/][img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8981/39451777.th.jpg[/img][/url]

I'd like to see some paths leading out from Necrom's other exits, at least one directing to the obvious way to the coast, and potentially some other manufactured ways to logically cross the mountains and make both Necrom and its surrounding content more accessible.
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/41101442.jpg/][img]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2227/41101442.th.jpg[/img][/url]

These obviously don't need to be major roads, since to an extent you want to downplay some of that content as hidden and special, particularly the Dwemer Ruin. You wouldn't want to create a path through the mountains that put you right at its entrance. But stuff like in that bottom picture, from that section of land the proper major causeway entrance of Necrom is accessible, but it's a long way around. A simple path over the mountains would just make a nice bridge between those areas.

I also saw this big silly static coming off the cliff face.
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/screenshot5ox.jpg/][img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7652/screenshot5ox.th.jpg[/img][/url]
And also the topmost trapdoor of the watchtower on the hill isn't linked to its exterior, but it is the other way around. I would imagine most of these little errors would be fixed by themselves in time but it just felt wrong to see them and not report them.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I see you're viewing an old version of the region, Chin. Try a newer one.
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

Ah yes, you're quite right.

I was certainly surprised to see the Foreign Quarter gone. What happened to all the stuff in it, like the Guilds?

Nevertheless, the wall and the cliff face were much better, and the static mountain is laid out a lot better and is easier to ascend. Necrom is still more or less surrounded by mountains though and I feel some of those additional paths might be appropriate.

This is of course just me running my mouth with feedback, changes aren't obligatory.

Also minor error: Player gets stuck on the door of the basement in the First Council War Shrine.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Chin Music wrote:Where could I get a look at said basement?

Some other questions/comments on Necrom. With the big cliff face path leading up to the causeway I personally don't like the big white walls there.
I know right, I hate those walls with a passion. But apparently consensus says we'll keep them, I guess I can live with that. The basement is still being worked on by Adan afaik.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Chin Music wrote:Also minor error: Player gets stuck on the door of the basement in the First Council War Shrine.
That reminds me; Why, can you remove the obituary book in the basement of that shrine? I wrote it and it wasn't very good. Also can you replace the named skeletons there with generic ones?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

sure will do
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

We can lower the height of the walls a bit, I'm sure. We can address that later on. Also, I'm pretty sure it's symbolically important to have one way in and out of Necrom. I much prefer it that way, anyway.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

While I promised to post an updated file today, my friends intervened and decided it would be a good idea to kidnap me. I may or may not have access to my computer tomorrow. Will post a file once I do.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

They have approximately 24 hours before I go SEAL Team Six on their asses.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I was gonna post an image of a seal with a helmet on but couldn't get the img tags to work. :/
Attachments
Clean TR_Map_2_Section_9_Why_9.esp
(6.47 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Hey Why, I've got Morrowind installed on my computer and I spent all morning installing MGE XE, TR and unofficial patches. Anyway, I was wondering if you still wanted me to add monsters to the wilderness. If you want I can also pathgrid and add enemies to dungeons too if you want. If so, do you want me to work on your file or as a seperate esp?

EDIT: I talked with Why on IRC and I'm now working with a seperate file. I'll be adding wilderness creatures, NPCing dungeons and if I get round to it I'll pathgrid Necrom for Why.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Here's the work I've done so far. I think I've done all the dungeons, unless I missed something. I've also filled the wilderness with levelled creatures, although I haven't done the sea yet because I'm not sure if I should use the vanilla h2o all LCs or the Sacred Lands h2o LCs (which don't have dreugh, so I'm not sure if they were intended for the sea). Anyway, it's a seperate esp, so load it with Why's latest file.
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Section_9_WildernessNPCing.ESP
stuff
(50.66 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

h2o can be used anywhere there is water.

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Thanks Haplo.

Another file. All level creatures are now placed, including sea creatures and cliffracers. Enjoy!
Attachments
More stuff.
(151.93 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

I wasn't expecting this to be done so quickly! But hey, nobody ever died of uploading too many WIPs, right? I want to have a WIP for every stage of my work.

I've pathgridded all of the exterior of Necrom. I'm going to start pathgridding ints now. The idea is that when Why goes back to work on this he can breeze through it after I've done all the long and boring bits :) .
Attachments
Even more stuff.
(182.78 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

All of Necrom is pathgridded! With the exception of a handful of wilderness interiors that aren't dungeons and a few places that are being redone I've pretty much done all I can with this claim.

EDIT: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12042]this[/url] and [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18431]this[/url] need to be merged to Why's file. The latter is the Dunmer stronghold I already asked you to merge.
Attachments
Yet more stuff.
(251.95 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

why the fuck do you have thomas the tank engine's face for your avatar. freaking. me. out.

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Because I'm completely unable to take myself seriously.

Why, could you upload your most recent file please? I want to merge my file into it and there are a bunch of missing ints I want to merge in and pathgrid. Once I've done that I'll be done.

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'll do the merging later today
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Okay. You'll need to merge i2-230 and i2-185 as well then.

EDIT: I suppose if you're merging I better upload my final file. This includes all the wilderness ints I hadn't done before.
Attachments
(253.13 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Whoops! This needs an update by Why by last Monday! Please update!

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Haplo wrote:Whoops! This needs an update by Why by last Monday! Please update!
In after Sir Haplo.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

File. Progress was made. Stryker agreed to take over for a bit, because I'm out of inspiration and getting tunnelvision. <3
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Section_9_Why_11.ESP
(6.47 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Taking this up again, thanks Skah.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Holiday time. I'll be unavailable till next Wednesday.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sad update news panda is sad :-(

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

How is this one coming along? Anything I can do?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Thanks, I needed a reminder to get going again. Exteriorwise this is good enough, I think, especially after Scamp fixed the seafloor. There's still the matter of weird tiny region things and WG mountains that plague the entirety of M1, M2 and upper M3, but hey, we'll live with it.

I haven't done much with this this holiday. Cat offered to take this over briefly to make some of the less relevant NPCs, I might take him up on that offer some time in the future - but there are certain NPCs and topics I want to make before I do that.

Progress will resume alongside my university efforts, which start this week. :D
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Cathartis is not promoted for NPCs so he should not be granted making the less relevant ones.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Argle bargle.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Excuse me, Scamp? BC actually said in my showcase that although my quest wasn't complicated enough for a full promotion, he would be absolutely fine with me writing NPCs. Plus, surely it's Why's decision anyway, what with him being head of quests, and all?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Shame shame Scamp! This is not a P:C or a SHoTN! It's a TR! Cat's grasp of logic and mastery of English as a native language satisfy my concerns enough to work on some NPCs alongside our very Head of Quests.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

how about we don't gang up on scamp ok?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Alright I will remember not to make jokes like that in the future for the risk of them being taken seriously :v
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes TF why so serious

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Only one Head-of-sumthin got it.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

This claim needs an update now, we're dropping the one month thingy for stuff this important.

We're so damn close to a release now, and I ask everyone with claims to do just a little extra work now to get this thing done.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Roger. The fact that I'm holding this up is an atrocity. I'm going to have to consider dropping this though, at the moment I just don't have the time to do enough. I will discuss this on IRC later today.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I have to drop this. University is getting crazier by the day, without prospects of it getting any easier on me any time soon.

I will provide a coherent description of what needs to be done with this claim and what my plans for it are by tuesday evening. I'm sorry for not taking this step earlier guys.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

along with a WIP file? :-D