Letrune's showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Letrune
Developer

Letrune's showcase

Post by Letrune »

First of all, hello everyone!
I am a quite untalented and lazy cat, who finds enjoyment in modding of Morrowind. However, I am quite inexperienced, if it comes to creating something. My released mods are mostly dependant on other mods and do little things, such as my "No Female Armor" plugins, that removes feminine armor-parts from unisex armour. I also did some interior, yet they aren't really good or halfly done. Lately, I tried to do some music with a machine that do so, yet these are also just tries.

The latter are what I wish to show to you now: some interiors, not linked yet, for I didn't dreamed the layout yet. They are not developed well, nor too good, not even very lore-friendly, but... Well, quite recent. :)

It is meant to be an old imperial-styled building that is used by deserters or such near-Empire-but-not-part-of-it people), who guards a general's tomb. Features halfly-made interior, TR-dependant content and mistakes - it was meant to be a testing mod and was started again for a few times. However, I hope you can find some interesting idea or such.

Some corrections: the mod is dependant on Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, TR_Data, TR map1 and Map2. I made a new half room and put a few things around.
Attachments
_MyTestingMod.esp
(25.83 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
PoisonUnagi

Post by PoisonUnagi »

Uhhh... where's the mod? I looked for the building in the Construction Set, but all I found was some extra armour and unused NPCs. Also, you have several blank cells.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

It would be beneficial if this was not reliant on TR maps one and two. Most of us don't have map one and two because we use the new TR_Mainland file so its tough to view a showcase that is dependent upon them.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

I see it... Well, then I will redo it somehow... Is there a way not to redo it from scratch, or can I duplicate the plugin somehow and remove it's dependences? For I am just a bit lazy to do it again... :P
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Look at Sir Dave's showcase for the instructions on removing dependencies.
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Thank you, I tried it, I hope it will work now.

Nothing really new after that version, seen above, but it works well, I guess.
Tribunal and Bloodmoon still required, but only TR_Data needed now on. It works with my game, so I hope it won't be empty at you, guys. :)
Done some things, yet there are no markers and connections. Should be watched in CS... Thank you.
Attachments
_LetruneShowcase.esp
(25.76 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
OTRaw
Developer

Post by OTRaw »

Welcome to TR :D Good luck.

I don't do interiors myself, but I can tell you a few things.

1) The file is quite dirty. You have edited numerous blank cells and Balmora's Mage's Guild. (Look up TESAME if you haven't already)

2) When making an interior you shouldn't add NPCs, as that will be done by another member of the team at a later phase.

3) Interior showcases should use the de_p furniture and have multiple parts to show correct gridsnapping. You may use any tileset to construct a shell (basically the layout of the building) and it has to be at least 3x2 tiles in size.

4) Ints should fit an exterior. (but not linked)

5) All Ints should have a NorthMarker set.

Apart from that I did take a quick look at Alrus Burial, General's Rest and I really like it, but to be promoted you'll need to follow the rules above, good luck and have fun :D
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Thank you for the review! I'll start university soon, so I will be slower than normally I am (and I am really slow normally :D)... This could mean "patience please" and "sorry, a bit away". :)
I decided that I will do a second showcase, for it does not started to be one... So I will probably contact this forum again sooner or later. :)

About the review:
1) I just created the new interior, maybe looked for an item's name. How that affected the mentioned cells? I am just curious.
2) Okay, sorry. I was just playing around. :D
3) So, a basic little thing it must be... Does it mean that I should do one room, or that I should use a particular setting? Like, if I got it right, de_p means "Items of a poor". I may be wrong, of course.
4) What does linking means? And if I do not know that particular exterior, or it is under ground? :) Curiosity again.
5) Okay, it will be done in future interiors.

Thanks for the compliment! :) If it is a good idea, then you guys may use it anywhere. :)
A last question: what if I do not want to be promoted, but I wish to help a bit? :D
OTRaw
Developer

Post by OTRaw »

Letrune wrote: About the review:
1) I just created the new interior, maybe looked for an item's name. How that affected the mentioned cells? I am just curious.
Morrowind does that, just always looka t your file and make sure it is clean.
3) So, a basic little thing it must be... Does it mean that I should do one room, or that I should use a particular setting? Like, if I got it right, de_p means "Items of a poor". I may be wrong, of course.
de_p furniture means Dumner (Dark Elf) plain furniture.
Not basic, 3x2 is a MINIMUM, feel free to do a multi-story building.
4) What does linking means? And if I do not know that particular exterior, or it is under ground? :) Curiosity again.
Linking is where you make it so that when you click on a door you get sent to the interior it matches with.
When I say it needs to match an exterior well you know when you are walking around Balmora and you see all those buildings, the interiors for those buildings SHOULD match the shape of the exterior.

For example, have a look at 'ex_hlaalu_b_07' in the editor, you can find it under statics. You will notice that there is 2 floors. Therefore in your interior there must be two floors. Also you need doors where they should be, windows ect.
A last question: what if I do not want to be promoted, but I wish to help a bit? :D
The only official way to help TR without being promoted via showcase currently is to aid in quest design. Or there's always donations *hint hint*.

Good luck.
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe regular members can't post in the claim sections. Since quest design is part of those sections they can't aid there either without promotion. Concept art, however, is always open to regular members. :wink:
Myzel's Art gallery: [url]http://themyzel.deviantart.com/[/url]
OTRaw
Developer

Post by OTRaw »

I asked in the IRC and BC mentioned that a previous member was granted access to work on quest design without a promotion.
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

A new version of the showcase! Features a small, cellar home. It is mine. :) I work for my master (not featured) by patching clothes and cleaning.
It is quite small cellar, filled with various stuff and a small cushion-bed, fit a Khajiit servant like I am. :)

Hope you will like this better than my older showcase. :)
Attachments
Clean _LetruneShowcase.esp
(9.31 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Ho Letrune! Welcome to the project if I haven't said that before.

I had a look at your file. In general, you have a very nice cluttering style. However, there are many floaters and bleeders. You should watch out for them, and pay more attention while placing objects.
Another thing to tell you is that an interior showcase requires de_p furniture because of the rotation that is needed in order to make items rest properly on the uneven surfaces. You did rotate nothing, and perhaps you might have noticed that many objects are thus half-floating or partially bleeding. That is to be avoided. I didn't list the usual rotaion errors. When you fix the errors I list below, you should definitely also fix the rotational errors. If you are unsure about that, take a quick look at MSam's Showcase, there you will find a detailed explanation on how it should look like.
The file is clean and you set the Northmarker, which is good. But, your light settings are not fine that way. 71 is actually too bright for a house interior, especially for a cellar. Please look at vanilla ints to get an idea of how it should be set like. Also, you haven't checked the illegaltosleephere box, which is necessary for house ints. Seriously, nobody wants to have adventurer heros sleeping in the basement.

here's the list:

-furn_de_p_bench_03 bleeds into the stairs
-TR_misc_toyguar floats
-misc_de_muck_shovel_01 floats
-TR_misc_com_fp_shovel bleeds into surface
-furn_de_p_bookshelf_01 bleeds into wall and slightly into the surface
-it looks a bit excessive how you bled some of your sacks into each other; try moving them a bit
-misc_com_broom_01 bleeds into wall and bucket
-misc_com_bucket_01 bleeds into wall
-most of your cutlery is floating
-misc_com_redware_pitcher floats
-light_com_candle_01_off bleeds into surface
-furn_de_p_table_04 needs to be rotated instead of sunk
-furn_de_p_chair_02 floats
-many of your clothbolts bleed into surrounding statics
-hammer_repair bleeds into surface
-some of your misc_spool_01s float
-your barrels bleed into each other, the floor and one also bleeds into the bookshelf next to it
-ingred_rat_meat_01 is not resting well in the bowl
-misc_com_wood_knife bleeds into surface
-TR_misc_com_cutboard_01 bleeds into surface
-misc_com_redware_pitcher bleeds into surface
-misc_com_wood_spoon_01 bleeds into ingred_rat_meat_01
-misc_com_wood_cup_02 bleeds into surface
-misc_rollingpin_01 bleeds into surface
-misc_spool_01 bleeds, and the other ones bleed into the surface
-misc_com_bucket_01 bleeds into wall
-furn_de_shack_basket_01 bleeds into the bucket, the wall and the surface
-furn_de_cushion_square_05 bleeds slightly into the surface and also into furn_de_cushion_round_03
-furn_de_cushion_round_03 bleeds into the wall and also slightly into the tapestry#
-furn_dwrv_bucket00 bleeds slightly into the surface and the wall, you should better replace it with a common one.

So fix these errors and watch out for de_p, and I'll take another look

:wink:
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Hello Scamp, nice to meet you too! And hereby, hello PoisonUnagi, Samir Al'Muhaada, OTRaw and Myzel! Sorry for not greeting you guys properly, I should have do it... But here I did it, I hope. :)
And thanks the review. :)

I'll fix these things. I thought that some problems may be, but I didn't thought that this many things needs a woman's hand. :D
A few questions for knowing these:
-I always thought that softer things, in this case, cloth bolts, can do such things... However, other bleedings will be tried to be fixed.
-What kind and dark the lightning should be set, instead of 71? 32, maybe, or it is too dark? (For me, it is a bit dark for a place...)
-Rotation: what is my problem in particular? Irreal angles or it is just bad on looks? How can I rotate a thing very little, like those spools? I tired to rotate them a bit, but they turn too bad for the shelf's surface...
-How those particular furniture's floating? I didn't see well if they do so (I may be bad with the camera). Like, the stacked-up furniture's table (furn_de_p_table_04).
-May I scale down an ingredient? Just because I do not know that it would be good or bad for the game.
-About the dwemer bucket: I didn't wanted a regular, pickable bucket for a dish-washing bucket. :D Is there a better one or should I just throw the idea?

-About the camera: I use the mouse and it's small wheel for looking around, and I can not really use it too well... Any ideas for being a bit better? Like, after a roll with the mouse's scroll, the particular thing comes too near or still too far. Is there any option that makes the zooming a bit better?
OTRaw
Developer

Post by OTRaw »

Hello Letrune :D

There are two ways to zoom with better precision.

1) Go to File>Preferences and replace the number in 'Camera Zoom' with something smaller.

2) (The way I use) In the render window hold down 'V' and move the mouse back and forth.

Good luck ;)
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

What kind and dark the lightning should be set, instead of 71? 32, maybe, or it is too dark? (For me, it is a bit dark for a place...)
You might look at any other imperial style house in vanilla, to get an idea.
-Rotation: what is my problem in particular? Irreal angles or it is just bad on looks? How can I rotate a thing very little, like those spools? I tired to rotate them a bit, but they turn too bad for the shelf's surface...
Right-clicking with the mouse is very imprecise. You should double-click on the object and rotate it manually, step by step.
-May I scale down an ingredient?
Now you caught me red-handed! I don't know. I heard one shouldn't scale items that can be picked up. But if you place many of these objects next to each other without scaling, it will look quite boring. Some other modders may feel free to comment.

On the dwemer bucket: You have a point. It could be that there is a static bucket somewhere though, perhaps I should have a look in the preview window.

Oh, and I didn't notice last time (for some reason): You have used de_p furniture in a com house! This is a no. Perhaps you could make a small Hlaalu house with de_p furn next time.

ooo :words:

SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I believe TF came back after the initial no you can't scale things you can pick up and said that you can. So I'm sure it is in fact ok for you to re-size an object such as an ingredient.
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

You can resize ingredients as long as it doesn't look bad, generally it is a good idea to resize when putting ingredients on a plate/in a bowl or something.
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I've always scaled these objects :mrgreen: good to know it's allowed, it always slipped through so I already thought it would be ok. But, Letrune, not higher than 1.25.

Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Hello all, thanks for helping me again. :)
Hello Praedator, thanks the tip! :) I think small changes of size, for a rat meat can not be as big as my head. Expect if my prey was a giant rat... :D

Curiosity time! :D What is the problem with the com tileset with these, or a bit varied items? I always thought that I'll buy furniture I can get, even if my house is a telvanni style mushroom or such... :D However, it needs explanation, so I think that this isn't a very good idea.
Isn't rotating and scaling in the prop-window is a bad thing that gives a small * next to the item's name in the list? I read that that is a bad thing that should be avoided... I may be wrong, of course.

Well, I will do a new, nice small house, Dunmer style. :) Perhaps a multi-story one. :) If I know well, the dunmer styles are the Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni and Velothi styles. Any request? :)
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

What is the problem with the com tileset with these, or a bit varied items? I always thought that I'll buy furniture I can get, even if my house is a telvanni style mushroom or such... However, it needs explanation, so I think that this isn't a very good idea.
Well, com furniture is for imperial houses, and dunmer don't use that. Bethesda never used de_p in com houses, and we stick with that.
Isn't rotating and scaling in the prop-window is a bad thing that gives a small * next to the item's name in the list? I read that that is a bad thing that should be avoided... I may be wrong, of course.
Oh yeah indeed, you shouldn't click safe after you have rotated the object. It makes your file dirty, and the reference has to be cleaned out afterwords. You can simply avoid that by just closing the window; the changes are being made even though you didn't safe it.
Well, I will do a new, nice small house, Dunmer style. Perhaps a multi-story one. If I know well, the dunmer styles are the Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni and Velothi styles. Any request?
I would like to see a two story house in Hlaalu tileset. That's the most common thing for showcases. Please make sure it fits an exterior shell; and look at vanilla (perhaps Balmora) ints for the light settings. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your file!!( if I have the time) :D :D

Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

This is a fast, halfly made one of showcase!
I tried to fix my problems, but also tried to make a new interior... It is not too filled with stuff, but the next few days I won't be at the machine, and I wish to get a few new hints. I just fixed the problems mentioned above, so the house is a bit empty now, mostly for a showing that I can do a few changes...
I plan to fill up the house up to 200 objects, if it isn't too much. :)
Thank you very much!
Attachments
_LetruneShowcase.esp
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Letrune, I can review it but it will cost you an attempt. You saying you are not finished yet means to me I should wait with reviewing until you do. I only review in the mornings, so every post costs a day to process.
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Hello, I am back again... With a bit developed version, still not the best... It really took more than a few days. :D (University started and it took all my life for the first half year...)

I worked on this house, not reached 200 units of models but working on it in my free time at the machine... And I am curius if I developed a bit to be able to help a bit to you somehow.

I hope you'll like it. :)
Attachments
_LetruneShowcase.esp
Simple Hlaalu house with a small second floor and with ~100-150 objects. Home of a lone woman with some secrets.
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

First off, fun fact: Object count displays for cells only go up. Your cell actually only has 87 refs.

- light_de_candle_16 bleeds a bit
- tr_misc_stn_bowl_01 is bleeding a bit, and makes me think you need to update your TR_Data (we changed it so the bowl has a flat bottom) Regardless, when you see objects like that with pointed bottoms, you can bleed those bottoms til it looks like a normal bowl laying flat. Pointed bottoms were a bethesda idea to make working with de_p furniture easier.
- The interior feels bare in comparison to others, it also needs another light or two
- The chairs upstairs bleed together slightly

these comparatively minor things aside, you are remarkably good at placing things on uneven surfaces.

suggestions for more clutter:
sacks beside furniture
more booze on shelves
anything at all on that dresser

If you get your ref count up and the int feeling more natural without accruing the minor errors you have thusfar avoided, I will promote you. Despite the listed issues, I am genuinely impressed.

oh and sorry about the wait.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Thank you for the compliments. I am thinking and trying, but I can not see any update with TR_Data. :/

May I ask a tip how to make those small bleedings avoided? I was quite sure that I placed them well... But maybe there are some trick. :)
About the bare feeling... I know that this is a bit bare, but I got no real idea how I could make it better a bit... I have no idea what to put in more, apart from your tips...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

if you have the version here then you are good to go: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/esp/browser.php

To avoid the small bleeding of the candle, zoom in real close and raise it a bit
To avoid the bleeding of the chairs you will have to look closely and position it better.
fixing the bowl will be obvious once you update

As for more clutter, you might want to look at comparable vanilla ints for inspiration and to see what they use for clutter.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

You can actually adjust your camera pan and zoom sensitivity in the preferences menu, it helps loads.
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Thank you very much for the tips! I'll try my best. :)
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

I was on work with the interior, and I guess it is fine now. :) I think there are a few issues, but I tried. :) It read that I got 200 units in the place (Excluded the house exterior I used for fitting the home).

How it is now? :)
Attachments
_LetruneShowcase.esp
(8.97 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

You actually have 117 refs in your cell. The only way to get an accurate number of refs in your cell is to either select everything and see how many refs it says that is, or to reload the .esp and look at the ref count near the cell name. This is still an acceptable number of refs though.

Review:
misc_de_basket_01 is floating on one side, not sure why you didn't just have it lay flat
aaaaaaand thats it. I'd have added a cookie and/or a drink to the upstairs table, but apart from that this int is solid.

Member Promoted for Interiors

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or drop me a PM.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Well done, Letrune! :D Hooray, persistence wins again!
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Congrats Letrune !!
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Congratz man.

Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Thank you everyone for the kindness and the helpful comments, and for the naming to interior modder. :) May I ask where and how I may help? I confess I am slow, but I'd like to help the project with my little knowledge. :)
Hm, shouldn't I fix up the interior?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

You can claim interiors [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewforum.php?f=177]here[/url]. Have a look at what's there and claim the one you like the look of most.

Congratulations on your promotion. :-D
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

You don't need to fix up your showcase interior at the moment. If there is ever a claim that matches the description of your showcase interior you would need to fix it before submitting it though.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

Congrats Letrune.

Welcome to the team. :D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Thank you again. :) I hope I can be helpful for the mod. :)