Showcase Valtur_Naa

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Valtur_Naa

Showcase Valtur_Naa

Post by Valtur_Naa »

Just came across a reference to this project, followed it along, and got intrigued. I started scripting for MW about four years ago, and just recently finished (almost) my NPC intelligence scripts (which use no MWE and no MWSE functions). I don't know if scripts like this are desired for TR, but to showcase my abilities (and these scripts, if they are wanted), I've included here a copy of my cleaned Slaves mod. Note that not all the features I desire are unlocked yet, but the scripts as they currently exist are still a major improvement over base MW NPC AI. Some of the more prominent features as follows:

necromancy (example)
soul trapping (example)
werewolf&vampire feeding
slave capture and resale to slave traders
purchasable standard, fighting, dancing slaves
dialog functions like vampire reactions and hail/seek-out
generic toggleable companion, follower, nolore, etc
NPCs in combat with PC follow PC through load doors
in-combat PC surrender

as followers:
up to 8 followers
condition/skill request
wait while PC flying/z correction if both flying
sneak along/wait while PC sneaks ahead
combat/magic commands
warping if PC too far away (or casts summon spell)
combat orders
meet PC in specified town

intended future additions:
training for followers
more advanced dialog to ask for pointers to things
switch places

a few notes: all slaves in vanilla game have been modified, and two slave traders were commandeered from vanilla game. In this version, all slaves use vanilla heads (though my personal copy uses BetterHeads). Necromancy and Soul Trapping are still largely un-implemented, but they run from a script created solely to give the NPC script a target. Once the NPC scripts are completed and implementation has begun, soul trapping and necromancy effects may be overwritten simply by writing new scripts with the same name.
Attachments
NMW Slaves.ESP
(655.62 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
"Some they call me Hrothmund's Bane, with midnight teeth and moonlight mane. I am the wolf one soul may tame by uttering my given name.
But speak the truth, for those who lie gain not the wealth beyond my Eye. Answer false and evermore, closed shut will be my icy door.
What is my name?"
Valtur_Naa

hehe, forgot

Post by Valtur_Naa »

Oops, I forgot something. The combat follow through doors depends on a tiny script added to the doors.
Here's the separate file with the door scripts.
Attachments
NMW Doors.esp
(98.02 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
"Some they call me Hrothmund's Bane, with midnight teeth and moonlight mane. I am the wolf one soul may tame by uttering my given name.
But speak the truth, for those who lie gain not the wealth beyond my Eye. Answer false and evermore, closed shut will be my icy door.
What is my name?"
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

If you want to put your scripting skills to good use with TR you'd be best off becoming a quester. Have you ever made a quest in Morrowind before? If you can do scripts and you can do dialogue you shouldn't have any problem with quests. That's probably the only way you could become a member, as I don't think we need anyone to make just scripts.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Valtur_Naa

Post by Valtur_Naa »

Perhaps at a later date. What I played on Map 2 has shown me some major weaknesses in TR, more than I thought there would be, and if I'm going to work on fixing over the basic engine (some of the parts that never got done effectively), I'd rather work from the standpoint of Vvardenfell to begin with, or better still an even smaller island.

a note on what I saw in TR's map2: a lot of empty land with very little placed on it. Plants, animals, people, towns ... While the land itself is interesting and effective, what goes on it is underdone, IMHO. There are a lot of boring, ineffective characters (though no worse than vanilla MW) and some interesting equipment that wasn't built for better bodies. A few things, though, strike me as just plain cheap. "Mainland" House Telvanni? Honestly...

Anyway, I maintain my original stance that the game must first be fixed, before it can be expanded. So I'll just keep at it with my own project. Maybe sometime TR will incorporate my ideas.

Oh, before I sign off ... one of the illustrated Nordic weapons piqued my interest, so I generated some geometry for it. I know TR doesn't accept untextured files or .blends but I'll post a rendering of it anyway. Texturing isn't one of my skills, unfortunately. Have to work on that.
Attachments
nord hammer.jpg
(21.03 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
What is my name?"
Arizzi

Post by Arizzi »

umm, you do know that map 2 is still in its first public form, which includes only the playable area, and some npcs, there will be a quested and detailed release in the (hopefully near) future.