Huge area of Tamriel included in Skyrim

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Furohman

Huge area of Tamriel included in Skyrim

Post by Furohman »

Yesterday I was shown a video which genuinely left me awestruck. I was absolutely amazed far beyond even my first experiences with an Elder Scrolls game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlbA2qiXsf0
The height and speed that the uploader is going really doesn't do it justice. It may seem small but it is on the same scale as the province of Skyrim.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ddu1u.jpg[/img]
This is roughly the area included outside of the map boundaries.

No full other provinces but a small part of almost all of them.
The terrain is accurate, or at least mostly so, but completely empty, save for one thing; White Gold Tower.

Interestingly from the way that the edges end it seems entirely possible that Bethesda have a full heightmap of some sort for all of Tamriel which they used for something like generating the base landscape for Skyrim's main exterior worldspace... And included a ton of it for some reason.

First thing which came to mind was the incredible modding opportunities and then of course I thought of Tamriel Rebuilt. Time spent sculpting the landscape turned into merely fine tuning rough patches.
Oh my.
(Oops this probably should have been in off-topic?)
ashlander

Post by ashlander »

This is a crazy awesome find! Its been a while since I've been around,but i hope this entails much progress for TR in the near future!
Cheers :)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

It is cool and all, but we still don't have any plans to mod for Skyrim.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Unless i'm mistaken there is currently large projects making Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and mainland Morrowind(Tamriel Rebuilt is making the morrowind mainland).

I've heard rumors of people making Black Marsh and Elsweyr, but I've yet to see tangible evidence.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
RulerMan

Post by RulerMan »

I really hope that the next TES game would be set on High Rock or the Summerset Isles.i have a particular feeling that Orsinium and the Crystal Tower would be awesome to visit. of curse there's too much time until the next TES starts,but i like to wonder how it would be like.
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

TheUnending wrote:Unless i'm mistaken there is currently large projects making Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and mainland Morrowind(Tamriel Rebuilt is making the morrowind mainland).

I've heard rumors of people making Black Marsh and Elsweyr, but I've yet to see tangible evidence.
There are such projects for TES3. The OP is talking about TES5 I believe. Just saying so this post doesn't cause confusion, as TR are not working on anything for TES5.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Furohman

Post by Furohman »

The Elswyr project is for Oblivion and seems to be well established, they have releases including a couple of towns and the capital city I believe, as well as a few quests tied to them and a handful of creatures/races. I don't know what the scale is like though or anything, haven't tried it.
Black Marsh seems to be for Oblivion too, but all I can find of it is a few renders and Construction Set screenshots.

The potential flying at me from the video has got me more excited over the Skyrim Creation Kit than I was over the game itself, can't wait to get my grubby mitts all over that terrain. (Creating terrain and fifty million worldspaces is what drove me to insanity when I was working on [url=http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1186046-wip-the-disgrace-of-liberty/]this thing.[/url]) Mmm, post-Great War Bruma.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Black Marsh seems to be for Oblivion too, but all I can find of it is a few renders and Construction Set screenshots.
I'm about 85% sure theres a project for TES 3 making Black Marsh. There is also one for Skyrim in TES 3, I know that for sure.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

TheUnending wrote: I'm about 85% sure theres a project for TES 3 making Black Marsh. There is also one for Skyrim in TES 3, I know that for sure.
A modder called Zackg was working on a Black Marsh mod for Tes3 but I think he abandoned it. He's over at Province: Cyrodiil now.
Last edited by Yeti on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

A modder called Zackg was working on a Black Marsh mod for Tes3 but I think he abandonned it. He's over at Province: Cyrodiil now.
Isn't he one of the head honchos at P:C? All I know is every time I hear about P:C I hear about Zackg >_<.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

TheUnending wrote: Isn't he one of the head honchos at P:C? All I know is every time I hear about P:C I hear about Zackg >_<.
Here's a post he made at the old P:C site about his Argonia (Black Marsh) project. It's from 2010 however, and I heard his laptop with a lot of his modding work was stolen earlier this year.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Province_Cyrodiil/blog/entry/380550/31653/
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

ZackG used to be the top man at P:C. No longer though. He still does model work for us, and is working on Sutch right now, but he no longer has much say in the project from an administrative standpoint. That is my domain.

Black Marsh has been begun by ZackG, but most likely will not move forward unless I can convince him to allow me to work on it once Cyrodiil is further along.

Skyrim is moving along and close to a small release soon.

Vallenwood has been begun for TES3 and it has been rumored that a Hammerfell is in the works as well though I can't confirm that beyond that I know a heightmap has been made and distributed to a modder with the intent to make the province.

High Rock will probably follow Skyrim quite quickly as SHotN will have made most resources needed to make it in the course of making Skyrim. High Rock is also a very small province.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
RulerMan

Post by RulerMan »

Do you have a forum or website to show us your WIP work?
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

SamirA wrote:ZackG used to be the top man at P:C. No longer though. He still does model work for us, and is working on Sutch right now, but he no longer has much say in the project from an administrative standpoint. That is my domain.

Black Marsh has been begun by ZackG, but most likely will not move forward unless I can convince him to allow me to work on it once Cyrodiil is further along.

Skyrim is moving along and close to a small release soon.

Vallenwood has been begun for TES3 and it has been rumored that a Hammerfell is in the works as well though I can't confirm that beyond that I know a heightmap has been made and distributed to a modder with the intent to make the province.

High Rock will probably follow Skyrim quite quickly as SHotN will have made most resources needed to make it in the course of making Skyrim. High Rock is also a very small province.
Okay so, your telling me that pretty much every part of the known world of Tamriel is being remade in TES 3 O_o?!?!

Thats awesome!! I'll be downloading them all once they release... I'd love to be able to run from Port Telvannis all the way to the Imperial City and then to Summerset Isle(of course I'd need to 'water-walk' and 'levitate' in some spots though LOL).

Hey, do you possibly have the links to the main sites for each of the mod projects making the provinces?
"*Sips Coffee*"

drfroth

Post by drfroth »

Doesn't the game start freaking out and shuddering if you get too far out in cells??? Am I mistaken or did someone figure out how to stablize that?
Just when you think it's all ducks and checkers, the salamander begins to frolic in the eggnogg.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

^ I don't think there has ever been a problem with that... although I could be mistaken. The only problem with going out too far is the map doesn't go out that far which is fixed by the Code Patch.

I know for a fact that unless the Tamriel Rebuilt mod or the Code Patch(MCP) fixed any problem with shuddering and such(which I doubt exists since after you reach a point off the coast everything is labelled "wilderness" and is just flat ocean) that it doesn't exist. A few weeks ago I was standing in Seyda Neen and decided that it'd be fun to boost my acrobatics to like 100,000,000 and try jumping from Seyda Neen to Firewatch or Port Telvannis.

Let me tell you... that was NOT a good idea... I ended up flying idk how many cells, probably hundreds, farther that I wanted to. I dialed my acrobatics down to around 1000, turned on water walking and tried jumping back but I eventually gave up and used my teleport ring ;).

Sorry for the long story of my horrific story of being lost out on the ocean due to my own laziness. Long story short, its pointless to venture too far out and no there is no problem with shuddering that I'm aware of... although I've been known to be wrong on occasion...
"*Sips Coffee*"

SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Both SHotN and P:C have websites, yes. I don't know if I am allowed to post them here however with the whole anti-recruiting policy in place here. If Haplo or TF tells me it's ok (or simply posts the links themselves) then they will be here shortly.

A simple search for Province: Cyrodiil will surely send you on your way to that one. It isn't so simply to search for SHotN.

As for the twitching when you get far away from 0,0. Yes, this does occur, but it is basically imperceptible. I certainly don't notice it using MCP and Better Bodies in Stirk, which is about as far away from 0,0 as you can be in Cyrodiil.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I wouldn't count it as recruiting if you just posted a link, especially with how we province mods are all buddy buddy and sharing modders and whatnot.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Not to mention a resource or two here and there between them.

http://provincecyrodiil.com/

and

http://shotn.com/forums/
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Moved to Off-Topic
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sickjin

Post by Sickjin »

once Skyrim comes out with an editor, I'll be all-in on any projects. It might even inspire me to learn to actually program a mod. I gave the Morrowind editor a shot, but learning to code gave me a headache and I just ended up making a hundred interiors and letting my girlfriend code it all.